Seat post problem
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2007

Seat post problem

I've been riding my new Prince for about two weeks and I've noticed a small problem. About 30 min into my ride the seat post slides down with about 3-4mm. If I don't stop to adjust the height it will continue to go down. This is a problem because the change becomes noticeable and my ride quality suffers.

I'm not sure if this is a problem with the seat post collar or the seat post itself. I've taken the seat post out and checked it and everything seems fine. I've tighten the collar to the
    recommended force which should be enough in my mind. The seat post has a very smooth finish so that may contribute to the sliding.

For such an expensive frame this is a major issue, I'm a little bit disappointed with the Prince. I've never had this problem on other bikes I've owned. I'd appreciate your advice on what to do. My weight is 168 lb.

Has anybody else had this problem?

Thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2006
    With carbon components, it is recommended to use some type of carbon assembly paste such (which is available from FSA or Tacx as well as others). It has some type of grit in in that keeps the post from slipping.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2007
    Thanks for the tip! I'll give it a try.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2006
    I hope it works out for you!! I got a little package of it in both my FSA handlebar package and in the FSA seatpost box. It works for me!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2009
    With carbon you should always use some assembly paste.