The start in Treviso today
    merckxman
    Jan 2002

The start in Treviso today

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010

Thumbs up

Family outing for the Pinarello clan!

They have had a big demo setup at the starts, pics are on their facebook page. Good to see companies putting back into the sport through sponsorship and supporting events.

l'illustre sconosciuto
    For information sake: Nane Pinarello is the one with the cane and the blue shirt. His daughter Carla is the one with the pink earrings.

RoadBikeReview Member
    ...a nice and interesting photo, thanks for posting.

likes shiny bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by dnalsaam View Post
    For information sake: Nane Pinarello is the one with the cane and the blue shirt. His daughter Carla is the one with the pink earrings.
    Great Pic Mercxman, thanks for sharing. On Carla's left is Fausto's wife (name escapes me) holding their son. On the far right is Chiara, Carla's daughter and third generation Pinarello. In my experience she is the present and future of Pinarello. These three women are the co-matriarchs of the family business and do most of the day-to-day decision making.
    Last edited by rhauft; 06-01-2012 at 06:35 AM.
    2012 Pinarello Dogma2 / SR11ti
    2010 Specialized SL3 S-Works / Red
    2008 Orbea Ordu TT / Red
    2000 Pinarello Prince Team Banesto R10
    1997 Pinarello Vuelta Team Banesto / R10
    1994 Pinarello Stelvio / C-R8
    1989 Pinarello Montello / C-R6

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2005

I was there

I flew into Treviso Thursday night from Frankfurt with my wife, our 2 boys, and a family friend to visit our Italian "in-laws-once-removed" (aka my sister-in-law's in-laws) in Friuli. Plan was for my wife and her friend to take a train to Venice for the day while I took our boys up to our hotel in Fanna where we would spend Memorial Day weekend enjoying "La Dolce Vita". By complete coincidence, Friday morning was also the Giro stage start in Treviso (my wife swears I knew it all along....but really it was a coincidence). So, I took the boys to the start before making the 1.5 drive to our hotel. I thought it was cool, but my boys (8 and 5) couldn't see anything in the sea of people. It was pretty darn crowded. So, I bought them each an ice cream and a souvenir kit with pink Giro T-shirt, hat, wrist-elastics, and string bag for being patient with me. As we were walking back to the car, the team buses and cars were pulling in to begin setting up. That was pretty cool.

I did get to watch the Friday, Saturday, and Sunday final TT stages on Italian TV.

But the best part was that I got two very nice rides on my Ritchey Breakaway in the mountains of Friuli. I spent nearly 5 years riding all over that area back in the 1990s. Was glad to find that it is still the best cycling area I have ever encountered.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    Here's a gallery of the day from the Pinarello facebook page:
    Il Giro a TREVISO! | Facebook