who owns a Dogma 65.1? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    What do you use to clean and protect your mat finish Dogma's?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bmorgan4 View Post
    I am 6"2.
    Bmorgan how does it feel? At 6'3" you are probably right on for the 59.5. I was surprised by how much the headtube changes from size to size but you definitely need what feels good as opposed to what looks a certain way. The internet is pretty funny - people post pics of incredible bikes and then they get bombarded with a bunch of posts advising them to slam the stem.
    Dogma, synapse disc, caad 10, de rosa neo primato, felt CX, epic, fat bike

Excuses are for the weak.

who owns a Dogma 65.1?

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    What do you use to clean and protect your mat finish Dogma's?
    Nothing other than a soft, damp cloth. Use water ONLY. Comes up sparkling every time.
    It never gets easier - you just go faster
    2007 Look 585

RoadBikeReview Member
    Great, thanks Juzzy004. Some people seem to be using glass cleaner. It seems odd not being able to protect it with wax but less labour intensive I guess, I hope the finish lasts!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    ...(delete)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    IMG_3081.JPGIMG_3081.JPGI pulled the trigger today. I got the Super Record EPS w/ titanium cranks, 3T bar and stem, specialized toupe+ saddle and look carbon blade pedals. After a couple of rides I realized how much I like SR EPS. Once I get the fit dialed in I am probably going to get the Most carbon stem and bar combo unit. The only thing I am undecided about is the wheels. I am torn between Zipp 303s and Campy Shamal Ultras. Right now it has demo 303s but I think I am leaning towards the Shamals so I will try them out soon.

The ride of this beast is incredible. It is like an AMG Mercedes in the fact that it is very fast and solid. Handling wise is is like a ferrari - very agile and turns like it is on rails.
    Last edited by Donn12; 01-30-2013 at 06:52 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I think the Shamal Ultra's will pair well with your new frame and awesome groupset. I also liked the look of the 202's from earlier photo's what made you choose 303 as you wheels options seem very different?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Donn12 View Post
    Bmorgan how does it feel? At 6'3" you are probably right on for the 59.5. I was surprised by how much the headtube changes from size to size but you definitely need what feels good as opposed to what looks a certain way. The internet is pretty funny - people post pics of incredible bikes and then they get bombarded with a bunch of posts advising them to slam the stem.
    Donn12 - Feels great so far. I totally agree on the slammed stem comment. I have had 4 bike fits in my life, and my most recent was by a guy in Indiana who is a Biomechanics PhD as well as a CAT1 cyclist, and uses his University facility to perform very extensive bike fits. My physical therapist was also in attendance (he gets his bike fits from this guy also), and it was the first bike fit which they did not slam my stem down and throw on a 140 stem. The fit was based on my flexibility, hip ROM etc, which is why I went to buy this frame in the first place (my S2 58cm geometry did not favor where they wanted to put me). Now I can actually use my drops, and when riding in a paceline I am very comfortable and powerful. All the feet falling asleep (as well as other things) disappeared as well. I just have to get over how big the bike looks, and not judging my lack of saddle to bar drop! I am a CAT2 cyclist and I've been racing 4 years now, and I can't believe I am just now getting comfortable on my fit. He also pointed out that Mark Cav rides a mere 90mm saddle to bar drop, less that an inch! That made me feel a little better. Net, I am happy with my decision. Thanks for the feedback!

For reference, Jeff Frame is the name of the guy who did my fit and his website is biovelofit.com. I would highly recommend him if you are in the area, I drove 2 hours to see him and it was well worth it. He spent over 4 hours with me.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    He also pointed out that Mark Cav rides a mere 90mm saddle to bar drop, less that an inch!
    90mm is about 3.5 inches.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by springs View Post
    90mm is about 3.5 inches.
    Yes, good call. What I was thinking is that my vertical to stem drop is 1 inch greater than Cav's, albeait I am 6'2 and he is tiny. Thanks for catching that. Still not a ton of drop considering.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    The 303s are demo wheels. I am deciding between the Shamals and 303s.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    Re Mark Cavendish, the Sky mechs mentioned he actually moves his position around quite a bit, seat up and down a few cms and changes stem lengths, depending on the course and how he feels on a given day.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinelli 82220 View Post
    Re Mark Cavendish, the Sky mechs mentioned he actually moves his position around quite a bit, seat up and down a few cms and changes stem lengths, depending on the course and how he feels on a given day.
    Really? Where did you read this? I find it hard to believe that anybody would change saddle height based on "how they feel". I could kind of see this with handlebar position, but not saddle height. Would be interested to hear more.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Donn12 View Post
    The 303s are demo wheels. I am deciding between the Shamals and 303s.
    I'm riding a 65.1 with Shamals, and one advantage is you can run them tubeless. I have some Hutchinsons on there now, and it really makes the ride more supple.
    Best bike shop in OC http://aroadbike4u.com

Bikes I'm currently riding:
    Guru Photon
    Guru Evolo R
    Guru Preamio Ti
    BMC Team Machine
    Giant TCR Advanced
    Pinarello Dogma 65.1

glider
    I recall watching the interview Cinelli is talking about on a Team Sky tech video, perhaps on their website or app, last year.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    Really?
    Team Sky website, interview with Gary Blem, who has worked on on Cavendish's bikes for three years.

"He knows that it's supposed to be a bit of a stupid move to drop your saddle one and a half centimetres before a 200km stage but he seems to work through that and still get the victories"

Team Sky | Pro Cycling | Performance | Inside Mark Cavendish's bike

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2004
    I have a 55cm Pinarello Gran fondo model from last years event. It's full EPS super record, Campy Shamal ultras, Talon Most bar. I've also ot a Dogma 60.1 in a 55cm as well and do notice the shorter head tube on the new model.

Attachment 274892

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    DSC_2368.jpg

I just got my Dogma BOB 65.1 frame delivered today. It's a size 57.5 and weighs in at 1,670g and 245g for the seatpost.
    2010 Pinarello Dogma 60.1
    2013 Pinarello Dogma 65.1

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    Louis how does the weight compare to the 60? It looks very nice. I never saw a BoB in person and I could not tell from pics how much is glossy vs matte.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by LouisVuitton View Post
    DSC_2368.jpg

I just got my Dogma BOB 65.1 frame delivered today. It's a size 57.5 and weighs in at 1,670g and 245g for the seatpost.
    Sweet looking frame. I have similar in size 59.5. Was a little surprised how much my build weighed, was unable to weight the frame seperately. This makes sense now. How do they get away advertising 920 grams for a sz. 52? Are you including the BB in that weight?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Great looking frame Louis, what are you going to build it with?

Mine came in at 15.6lbs which I'm quite pleased with, it's a size 560.

image.jpgAttachment 275038

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2012
    Anita 2.jpg

Mine is Kosher, only Italian components. Well...French pedals..

RoadBikeReview Member
    OK a couple of things.
    First you keep comparing your frame to Wiggo size as reference. ...and its not just height but leg length that matters too. He has a 56cm as Pinarello marks the frame, head tube is 165mm, 177.5mm cranks seat height 82cm. (see photo of Wiggo bike attached) I believe your frame is bigger for sure, a 59.5 size? see size chart from Pinarello (column CC is how they refer to frame size). I added it to this post. check your head tube length and compare to chart is perhaps the easiest item to measure and see which one you have.
    Second. You are you. Fit to you and your needs as you are trying to do.

I do understand your reasoning for the frame size that you outline and the Cervelo in the background illustrates this well. One thing that seems not right would be the saddle position on the Pina. Looks rammed forward on the rails. This might indicate that the frame has more setback than you need. Larger frame has more setback.
    The 59.5 Pina has 180mm setback and head tube 215mm
    the 57.5 Pina has 168mm setback and head tube 179mm
    the 56 Pina has 164mm setback and head tube 165mm
    ...the next size frame smaller than what you have is likely better in this regard.
    BUT at the front end, the bar and stem area ... as you say, in order to have the saddle to bar height number and be in your comfort zone you would have to run more spacers and perhaps the stem flipped as the Cervelo. In this case its a compromise I guess. Any chance to ride a one size smaller Pina for a bit to test things? I think you might be happier on that. Difficult to assess fit from distance but based on what I am seeing in the photos and some deduction that is my input. Personally I would run the smaller frame (and go with the extra spacers/ 27-30 mm of spacers is certainly not extreme) but its about you and your comfort.
    What size of cranks do you run? whats your present seat height in cm from center of BB to top of saddle?
    As reference I ride the 56cm size Pina and I am 6-0 tall and long legs. 175mm cranks, 79cm seat height (center BB to top of saddle) and 14cm saddle to bar drop but again thats me, I have a lot of flexibility.

Hope this helps a bit.
    01-IMG_7433.jpg
    geometrie_dogma65.jpg
    Last edited by campagnoloneutron; 02-08-2013 at 04:55 AM.
    campagnoloneutron
    ogni epoca ha un campione | ogni campione ha una Colnago+Pinarello+Campagnolo

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    IMG_3098.jpgIMG_3098.jpg

My new cassette came in and I decided on Zipp 303s with Ultremo ZX tires. A close second was the Shamals and I also like the looks of the Mavic R-sys SLR. The 303s seem to be very good at everything, especially over 20 mph.
    I got the black logos but I am thinking about removing all of the Zipp logos. I think it looks a little busy. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Donn12; 02-08-2013 at 01:15 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    Keep 'em.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast