who owns a Dogma 65.1? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinelli 82220 View Post
    Do you glue it inside the post? I want to try putting mine there.
    sorry no idea. my lbs did the work.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    http://forums.roadbikereview.com/bik...er-291503.html

I was a little turned off by the exposed cables on the R5. To me internal routing looks so clean by comparison. The matte color on the R5 is more of a grey than I had hoped for and the red accents on the bike clashed with the red accents on the bar stem and seat post. None of this really mattered when I demo'd both bikes. I loved the R5 when I rode it 5 miles. I then took the Dogma out and decided to get it after about 4 feet. The thing feels incredible. much more solid and stable than the R5. the R5 felt a little fragile by comparison. I was very apprehensive when I went back to the LBS though because I expected the Dogma to weigh almost 2 lbs more. instead a 58cm DA9000 R5 w 202s and demo look pedals came in at 14.7 and the 57.5 dogma w 202s and SR EPS came in at 15.4. I was going to get the dogma anyway based on how great it felt but I was afraid the weight would be so much of a difference it would always bother me. Be sure not to demo a bike with EPS because you will be ruined. My plan was sram red and my old wheels....Plus or minus 7k. after a 40 mile demo I ended up having to have eps and zipp 303s
    Last edited by Donn12; 05-27-2013 at 05:04 PM.
    Dogma, synapse disc, caad 10, de rosa neo primato, felt CX, epic, fat bike

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    ^ Very much my experience. I tried an R5, it was good but felt almost brittle or jittery.
    The Dogma is smooth like butter.
    Weight is no big deal to me.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2008
    Mine... Giro italia colors in gloss.... SR11 mechanical group set and deda stem n bar.

At the LBS

After the first wet ride.... I removed the rim decals....

Enjoy...

Excuses are for the weak.

who owns a Dogma 65.1?

Gee - I really liked it with the Bora decals! Beautiful frame though. Enjoy your rides.
    It never gets easier - you just go faster
    2007 Look 585

Bike broke
    Jul 2011
    Beauty gapple. I have the giro dogma2. I like the dogma2 scheme a bit better. Does not say pinarello on it. And I find the dogma 2 is a bit more plush of a ride then the 65.1.
    But yours is beautiful

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    In my humble opinion it looks much better without the wheel decals. the lettering on these bikes is a little loud and I think the bold lettering on the wheels has a little too much going on.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2013
    Nice Ride, just got mine last week. D-ace Di2 with C35's
    IMG_0737.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2008
    I must admit I wanted to keep the decals but it look way too busy....

I started with a black / neon green prince in 2007 and proceeded to 2011 CDE dogma (holy trinity of bike colors)

This current color scheme is my favorite. The ride is the best of both prince and the dogma....if I may describe it as such.....

My other bike is a trek madone 6.9 Spartacus project one.... The 65.1 wins...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by gapple88 View Post

I started with a black / neon green prince in 2007 and proceeded to 2011 CDE dogma (holy trinity of bike colors)

This current color scheme is my favorite. The ride is the best of both prince and the dogma....if I may describe it as such.....

OK, setting myself up to be slaughtered;
    I have a 2010 6.9 H2 Trek, Dura Ace and Bontrager Aolus 5ís, and a 2013 Dogma Think 2, Record electric and same wheels as the Trek.
    They are both great bikes. I find the Trek way more enjoyable on long rides. Seems to absorb the bumps better. The Dogma was my dream bike. I really do like it but it is harsh. I have done a few centuries on it and would have preferred the Trek. I have now set the Trek up for climbing- I am in Europe working all summer with plenty of hills in the area, and the Dogma is set up for home- flat south Florida, mostly group rides.
    The Dogma is an unbelievable bike-no regrets. Both are better than I deserve.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Rider07 View Post
    I have a 2010 6.9 H2 Trek, Dura Ace and Bontrager Aolus 5ís, and a 2013 Dogma Think 2, Record electric and same wheels as the Trek.
    They are both great bikes. I find the Trek way more enjoyable on long rides. Seems to absorb the bumps better. The Dogma was my dream bike. I really do like it but it is harsh. I have done a few centuries on it and would have preferred the Trek. I have now set the Trek up for climbing- I am in Europe working all summer with plenty of hills in the area, and the Dogma is set up for home- flat south Florida, mostly group rides.
    I dont think you will get slaughtered...a H2 trek should be more comfy. the dogma is a race bike which happens to be very comfortable. the new Dogma K coming out in 2014 will be a little bit of both

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Rider07 View Post
    I tend to agree with you....

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    I had one and sold it. Way to heavy and not a great ride. I bought a Giant TCR Sl Advanced and I love it. Its the bike I have ever ridden.

If you don't believe me check my history and you will see I've had a Dogma, A Prince of Spain, Prince SL and a F413. I was Pinarello through and through but believe it or not Giant is a much better bike.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Dog View Post
    I had one and sold it. Way to heavy and not a great ride. I bought a Giant TCR Sl Advanced and I love it. Its the bike I have ever ridden.

If you don't believe me check my history and you will see I've had a Dogma, A Prince of Spain, Prince SL and a F413. I was Pinarello through and through but believe it or not Giant is a much better bike.
    I have read good things about giant but I have not seen any I thought looked very good. My impression of them is they sell a bunch of blue and black bikes with white letters to mostly older heavier guys starting out. That might be way off but its what I usually see. My LBS doesn't stock giant and I dont usually see them in articles about 'super bikes' etc
    I went in for a Cervelo R5 and was told "its a good bike if you are okay with zero aesthetic appeal". it was parked next to a dogma 65.1 and an s-works venge and it looked like a base model Mustang parked next to a ferrari and a lambo! I bought the dogma because of how it rode but the looks are a big bonus.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    I seriously am wondering how much difference the weight makes. The two first finishers on Mount Ventoux were both on Dogma 65's. Ahead of the superlight SL4 and Madone. Surely if the Dogma was such a heavy beast it would be a big disadvantage to the riders.

I also wonder if someone could tell the difference between a 15 pound bike and a 16 pound bike, either by picking them up or riding.
    Last edited by Cinelli 82220; 08-11-2013 at 10:27 AM.

Bike broke
    Jul 2011
    I can actually respond to you Cinelli. I have a Dogma2 and a brand new sl4 sworks.
    Sworks is a lighter bike. I was blown away when I purchased this bike even started a thread to sell my dogma2. Well that was very premature. The Sworks is much lighter then the dogma2. Fells like a climbers bike. But when I get back on the dogma just feels like a super stiff TT bike. The dogma is just such a wicked beast of a bike so hence it is not for sale any more. What does 1 pound of weight diff mean between both bikes NOTHING. when you are 160 pounds you still have to carry 160 plus 15 or 16 poundfs up a hill which translate to no diff. I can understand quintana who is riding a 49 and weighs 125 pounds. He propels up those mountains so easy why? Because no one else has the stiffness to weight as a Dogma.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by gapple88 View Post

+1 on the CDE livery. Best looking bike I've ever seen. The bass-boat red sparkle was awesome. I'd love to add a CDE Dogma 60.1 to my stable. The Dogma 2 and 65.1 patterns just don't do it for me. Pinarello's painting peaked with the original Dogma (of course if I could find myself one of those red-yellow Prince of Spain Princes, I'd jump on that as well.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2011

new dogma 65.1 frame question

Does anybody have experience building new Dogma 65.1 with SR EPS? Campagnolo manual requires Bb chasing and facing. Is it typically a case with Dogma's BB?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    Don't chase or face the BB. It should be fine as delivered.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234