who owns a Dogma 65.1?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012

who owns a Dogma 65.1?

I am considering this or a Cervelo R5. If you own one and can help me I would appreciate it.
    What build and how much does it weigh? I think it will be 1.5 lbs heavier and a few thousand more. I have looked at all the color combos available and wow! this bike is gorgeous. The custom build tool either doesn't work or doesn't allow for too may choices. Can you get lighter lettering ? Some show "Pinarello" etc just out lined, some bight white. Red/Black shows both. is this customizable? The most bars look nice but how do they feel? any other build advice?
    Thank you
    Dogma, synapse disc, caad 10, de rosa neo primato, felt CX, epic, fat bike

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010
    I believe I replied to another post asking about the 65.1. First things first, if you are trying to save some $ then the Pinarello probably is not the bike for you. I came from a R3 SL to the 65.1. I went with the cement gray, white and black. I think the # for the color code is 765? My bike has the Campy EPS, Campy Shamul clinchers, 3T carbon stem/bars, lizard skin wrap, speedplay ti pedals and a Fizik seat. I'm still demo'n the seat so it may not be the seat I end up with. My bike has the outlining lettering on outside of the down tubes. I'm seriously considering some Bora Ultra 2's! I know they are overpriced, heavy, etc but I've caught the Campy fever!!!

I did demo a few 65.1's with the Most bar/stems. Honestly I couldn't notice much difference from the 3T combo. I wrap my bars pretty close to the stem so I wasn't concerned about how the bars look. The Most setup can make the bike look fantastic!

The ride is pure joy! I just turned 50yrs old(the 65.1 was my bdaypresent)and this bike makes me feel 20yrs younger! I made the mistake of demo'n all eps bikes...wow the system is flawless and after my demo rides there was no way I was going back to the mechanical. I know the 65.1 is not the lightest bike out there but the stiffness and power transfer sure make it feel like a lightweight bike. I've set several PR's with the bike and the majority of the segments have been climbs. I've gotten the courage to tackle several 15-20% inclines. I have not weighed the bike yet. Good luck!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    Thanks for the reply. The white/grey/black looks great! I will try to demo one without Super Record EPS!

Excuses are for the weak.
    I recently purchased a BoB (Black on Black) 65.1, colour code 746, prior to Christmas. Words can't describe how good this frame is. As Michael pointed out, it's not a frame for those looking to save pennies and isn't the lightest on the market, but it handles amazingly. I've clocked up 150km on it so far (not even broken in yet!) and couldn't be happier.
    Build includes Shimano Dura Ace Di2 7970, Mavic Cosmic Carbone SLE's, Zipp SL145 & Contour SL SS bars, Prologo Nago Evo Nack saddle, Prologo Skin Touch tape & K-Edge Garmin 800 mount. Everything is black.
    The bike complete comes in at 7.2kg, which the wheels contribute to a lot. Tubs on this would bring that down to about 6.8kg. Looking at Zipp Firecrest 404's.
    Best of luck with your potential purchase.
    It never gets easier - you just go faster
    2007 Look 585

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2013
    Just got my new Pinarello Think 2. Built with the new Sram Red (with Quarq) and with my 404 Firecrest Tubies it weighs in right at 16lb. It is a 59.5 frame, so a little on the larger size. I was hoping it would be a little lighter, but not complaints it looks like a beast! I also opted for the 3T stem and bars, been using them foreverand couldn't bring myself to make the swap. IMG-20130125-00150.jpgIMG-20130125-00157.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    ^ Never seen a Dogma that big before. Wow.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2012

who owns a Dogma 65.1?

Just bought a dogma 65.1 in 854 color size 51.5.
    Total build weighted in at 6.4 kg including pedals and bottle cage.
    Not really a weight weenie but nothing compares to the ride that dogma provides
    Attached Images Attached Images

RoadBikeReview Member
    Great looking machine Bmorgan4, 16lbs isn't too bad at all for a frame that size.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    Bmorgan, I was tempted to doubt your frame size but the 59.5 has a headtube 35mm taller than the 57.5.
    16 lbs is not bad at all for a frame that big. How much do the zipps weigh?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    Slsbud, gorgeous bike! What part of the world are you in? I don't see that color combo anywhere How about some build details?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Great looking machine Bmorgan4, 16lbs isn't too bad at all for a frame that size.
    Thanks! It's the same size frame Wiggins rode at the tour, he is an inch taller than me but a little more flexible.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2013
    Same size Wiggins rode this year... so hopefully you have!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2013
    IMG-20130125-00140.jpgThe Zipps with the new Red cassette/skewers/glue/tangente tires weigh 2163 grams/4.77 lbs. Wheels bare weigh in at 1310 grams. I was really torn between the 57.5 and 59.5. I ride a 58 Cervelo S2 as well, and the Dogma is HUGE compared to it. My reasoning was stack height, I have to run 27mm spacers and a +6 120mm stem on my cervelo (I have issues with my hips if I have a large amount of saddle to bar drop). On the Pinarello as shown I can run 10-15mm spacers, and a -6 120mm stem for the same setup. This is my road racing setup, for crits I can drop the stem down a little further. To me, going with the slightly larger frame so I dont have to run a positive rise stem and a ton of spacers was worth it. I do have bike envy for smaller people I must admit, weight + looks. Keep in mind without the Quarq crank the build would weigh 15.5 lbs. I wasn't able to weigh the frame before it was built, but looking at the numbers it weighs almost exactly what my s2 frame weighs which is incredible because the Dogma is so much more beefy!

Do you think my reasoning is sound for going with the larger frame? I'm still a little nervous, big decision when dropping that much $$ on a frame. Wiggins rode the same frame size which made me feel a little better, although he is an inch taller than me and was running no spacers with a 130mm stem if I recall correctly. I'm still within the return period if any of you have any feedback I am all ears!

PS - Here is the bike with my HED Belgium wheels built up with White Ind Hubs adn 25mm Evo Corsa CX tires. This wheelset is right at 1 lb heavier than the tubies, and I couldn't be happier with them! You can also see my S2 behind it for comparison.IMG-20130125-00140.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2013

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2013
    Wow, that is light! What components/bar/stem/wheels are you running? You can see mine above at a beefy 16lbs!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2012

who owns a Dogma 65.1?

Hi,

I am from indonesia.
    The color code for the frame is 854. It is actually a limited edition color to commemorate wiggins victory in TdF last year.

This is my build list:

Frameset - Pinarello Dogma 65.1 Think 2 854 size 51.5
    Handlebar - Climax Compact Handlebar 42x10 (Custom Painted)
    Seatpost - Pinarello Most Carbon Seatpost
    Saddle - Specialized S-Works Toupe 143mm Black
    Handlebar Tape - Fizik Handlebar Tape Black Soft Touch
    Bottom Bracket - SRAM GXP Ceramic Bottom Bracket Italian (Painted)
    Crankset - Sram Red Exogram Compact Crankset (Custom Painted)
    Chainring - Osymetric 52/38
    Cable - Nokon Cable System Black
    Shifter - Dura Ace 7900 Shifter
    Front Derailleur - Dura Ace 7900 Front Derailleur
    Rear Derailleur - Dura Ace 7900 Rear Derailleur
    Cassette - Dura Ace 7900 11-28
    Chain - Dura Ace 7900 Chain
    Chain Catcher - K-Edge Chain Catcher
    Brakeset - Dura Ace 7900 Brakeset
    Wheelset - Mavic Cosmic Carbone Ultimate
    Tire - Continental Competition
    Skewer - Tune DC14
    Pedal - Speedplay Stainless Black
    Bottle Cage - Arundel Mandible Matt Oil Slick

This is just a temporary group until my 7970 Di2 parts arrive.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2012

who owns a Dogma 65.1?

Reupload the images as the first one was not done properly
    Attached Images Attached Images

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    Bmorgan how tall are you?

RoadBikeReview Member
    My build was started today, I can't wait to have it finished! Some amazing 65.1's aboveimage.jpg
    Last edited by Spark; 01-26-2013 at 12:23 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006
    Sisbud, that color is fantastic. I am looking for one in same size as yours. may i ask how tall are you? Thanks.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2012

who owns a Dogma 65.1?

Quote Originally Posted by tcao View Post
    Sisbud, that color is fantastic. I am looking for one in same size as yours. may i ask how tall are you? Thanks.
    Hi tcao,

I am 5'11" however my inseam is only 31". Moreover i dont have a flexible back

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006
    Sisbud,

thanks for the info. I am 5'8 with inseam of 31. I think i will check out size 51.5 and also 50. One of those should fit me nicely. Thanks again for the quick reply. enjoy your bike.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2012

who owns a Dogma 65.1?

Either size should fit you nicely i think. Most importantly is the saddle to handlebar drop that you can handle i think. I can only have 4.5 cm and that is why i opt for 51.5.

RoadBikeReview Member
    2013 Sizes for reference:
    image.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Donn12 View Post
    Bmorgan how tall are you?
    I am 6"2.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast