27000

Printable View

  • 07-12-2019
    Doctor Falsetti
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    Face it, you are projecting an argument against something that none of "Trumps loyal followers" ever stated in the thread.

    Face it, you started the thread because you did not think Trump was not getting credit for the recent bump in the market. You know you were being sarcastic in your OP and now are trying to play semantic games because it has been explained to you that the need for a rate cut is not the sign of a strong economy.

    More games.
  • 07-12-2019
    Opus51569
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Doctor Falsetti View Post
    Face it, you started the thread because you did not think Trump was not getting credit for the recent bump in the market. You know you were being sarcastic in your OP and now are trying to play semantic games because it has been explained to you that the need for a rate cut is not the sign of a strong economy.

    More games.

    See what I mean, davesupra??? Embarrassment.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • 07-12-2019
    Oxtox
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    So why post this garbage thing?

    So you don't take a position on a news item you post. You claim to admit the premise to post the news is flawed in the OP...so why waste everyone's time?

    why...?

    because trying to agitate liberals is all the Trumpkins live for...
  • 08-01-2019
    Doctor Falsetti
    August has been the S&P 500's worst month over the last decade. The market is basically at where it was 18 months ago.

    https://www.axios.com/august-sp-500-...b7da068c2.html
  • 08-01-2019
    troutmd
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Doctor Falsetti View Post
    August has been the S&P 500's worst month over the last decade. The market is basically at where it was 18 months ago.

    https://www.axios.com/august-sp-500-...b7da068c2.html

    https://forums.roadbikereview.com/po...te-369017.html
  • 08-01-2019
    xxl
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    More shitty economic news, I guess we should thank Obama or is it due to Clinton?

    https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/11/inves...day/index.html

    I know, it's a bad indicator of the economy. Only the "wealthy" have stocks. etc etc

    Wow, the Disaster-in-Chief strikes again! Many people are wondering if he "shorted" the market, as it fell like a cliff diver when Trumpstool opened his...mouth.

    We've had nearly a thousand-point swing today, and there are still a couple of trading hours left.

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EA5z1JMU0AAW0sN.jpg
  • 08-02-2019
    xxl
    ...and (despite a reasonably favorable jobs report) the Trumpslide continues:

    https://www.wsj.com/articles/fresh-t...d=hp_lead_pos2
  • 08-05-2019
    SystemShock
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    27000

    LOL. Luv it when someone brags on the stock market... pretty much a guaranteed tank
    soon to follow.

    And just like clockwork... Dow futures are down 370 points overnight, and the market’s set to open just a bit above 26000, aka almost 1000 pts below the brag. Something to do with China retaliating against the Trump tariffs.

    Soooo... keep on jinxing it for yourself, Dave. :lol:
    .
  • 08-05-2019
    troutmd
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    LOL. Luv it when someone brags on the stock market... pretty much a guaranteed tank
    soon to follow.

    And just like clockwork... Dow futures are down 370 points overnight, and the market’s set to open just a bit above 26000, aka almost 1000 pts below the brag. Something to do with China retaliating against the Trump tariffs.

    Soooo... keep on jinxing it for yourself, Dave. :lol:
    .

    The majority of voters didn't fall for the Trump 2016 campaign bravado, including realize Trump's claim of being a business wizard. Once a person did a little homework, Trump's record was tattered with numerous bankruptcies causing US bank to stop loaning him money, and his then truing to foreign sources to continues his shady business practices. The "tell" about all this was Trump's refusal to share his tax returns.

    2016 offered voters two weak flawed candidates - one who was qualified to be President and their other not. Qualified won the popular vote.
  • 08-05-2019
    SystemShock
    The DOW’s now down 860 points(!!) for the day, and is around 25600. :eek:

    Good job with that jinx, Dave. You really nailed it. :thumbsup:
    .
  • 08-05-2019
    feh
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    The DOW’s now down 860 points(!!) for the day, and is around 25600. :eek:

    Good job with that jinx, Dave. You really nailed it. :thumbsup:
    .

    Trade wars are easy to win.
  • 08-05-2019
    Wookiebiker
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by feh View Post
    Trade wars are easy to win.

    Unless you have the reading level of a 4th grader and those that support you ... the same. Then they drag on for years until you get kicked out of office.

    With that said ... I apologize to all 4th graders out there for the insult :thumbsup:
  • 08-07-2019
    Doctor Falsetti
    25,670........1,300 point drop since Dave's early celebration. Thanks Dave. :rolleyes:

    Market is now the same level it was 19 months ago.
  • 08-07-2019
    troutmd
    Trade Wars - Thoughts and Prayers - Repeal without Replacement - Jack Your Taxes - Voodoo Economics II

    Humpty-Dumpy could win the next election if Donnie keeps this up.
  • 08-13-2019
    Doctor Falsetti
    25,897.

    Same level we were at 20 months ago. Why is Dave celebrating?
  • 08-13-2019
    nealric
    Looks like Tariff man blinked...

    Chaos for no purpose.
  • 08-13-2019
    SystemShock
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by nealric View Post
    Looks like Tariff man blinked...

    Chaos for no purpose.

    Yup. As we were warned, dumb Donnie doesn’t really know anything, he just reacts to
    whatever he perceives to be his political needs of the moment.
    .
  • 08-13-2019
    feh
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    Yup. As we were warned, dumb Donnie doesn’t really know anything, he just reacts to
    whatever he perceives to be his political needs of the moment.
    .

    From the article I read, the "backing down" was announced by a United States Trade Representative.

    Don't be surprised if Trump tweets some message that is the polar opposite.
  • 08-13-2019
    feh
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    Yup. As we were warned, dumb Donnie doesn’t really know anything, he just reacts to
    whatever he perceives to be his political needs of the moment.
    .

    The lamest excuse for reversing course ever:

    Quote:

    “We’re doing this for the Christmas season,” Trump told reporters on an airport tarmac around noon Tuesday.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/13/trum...ng-season.html

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 08-13-2019
    xxl
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by feh View Post
    The lamest excuse for reversing course ever:



    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/13/trum...ng-season.html

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Doing it for the Christmas season? What happened to making no laws respecting any establishment of religion?
  • 08-13-2019
    DaveWC
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    Doing it for the Christmas season? What happened to making no laws respecting any establishment of religion?

    I thought the tariffs were paid for by China and American consumers reaped the benefits... guess that was a lie.
  • 08-13-2019
    davesupra
    Isn't Christmas a federal holiday? Asking for a friend.
  • 08-13-2019
    troutmd
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    Isn't Christmas a federal holiday? Asking for a friend.

    Yes along with Martin Luther King Day.
  • 08-13-2019
    xxl
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    Isn't Christmas a federal holiday? Asking for a friend.

    Isn't Christmas a religious holiday celebrated by the Christians?

    Besides, don't you know there's a war on?

    https://www.snopes.com/news/2017/11/...-on-christmas/
  • 08-13-2019
    davesupra
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by troutmd View Post
    Yes along with Martin Luther King Day.

    Thanks, I'll let my friend know.

    :cool: