27000 - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 76

Thread: 27000

  1. #26
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    15,078
    Quote Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    Face it, you are projecting an argument against something that none of "Trumps loyal followers" ever stated in the thread.
    Face it, you started the thread because you did not think Trump was not getting credit for the recent bump in the market. You know you were being sarcastic in your OP and now are trying to play semantic games because it has been explained to you that the need for a rate cut is not the sign of a strong economy.

    More games.
    "If we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state. Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, however, we are unable to reach that judgment.”

    -Robert Mueller

  2. #27
    What the what???
    Reputation: Opus51569's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10,530
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Falsetti View Post
    Face it, you started the thread because you did not think Trump was not getting credit for the recent bump in the market. You know you were being sarcastic in your OP and now are trying to play semantic games because it has been explained to you that the need for a rate cut is not the sign of a strong economy.

    More games.
    See what I mean, davesupra??? Embarrassment.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The Law of Headwinds states: If the ride out is easy you better leave something in the tank for the turn...

  3. #28
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Oxtox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    10,508
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    So why post this garbage thing?

    So you don't take a position on a news item you post. You claim to admit the premise to post the news is flawed in the OP...so why waste everyone's time?
    why...?

    because trying to agitate liberals is all the Trumpkins live for...
    Ancient Astronaut theorists say, 'YES!'

  4. #29
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    15,078
    August has been the S&P 500's worst month over the last decade. The market is basically at where it was 18 months ago.

    https://www.axios.com/august-sp-500-...b7da068c2.html
    "If we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state. Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, however, we are unable to reach that judgment.”

    -Robert Mueller

  5. #30
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: troutmd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    24,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Falsetti View Post
    August has been the S&P 500's worst month over the last decade. The market is basically at where it was 18 months ago.

    https://www.axios.com/august-sp-500-...b7da068c2.html
    https://forums.roadbikereview.com/po...te-369017.html
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

  6. #31
    xxl
    xxl is offline
    Moderator
    Reputation: xxl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    35,844
    Quote Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    More shitty economic news, I guess we should thank Obama or is it due to Clinton?

    https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/11/inves...day/index.html

    I know, it's a bad indicator of the economy. Only the "wealthy" have stocks. etc etc
    Wow, the Disaster-in-Chief strikes again! Many people are wondering if he "shorted" the market, as it fell like a cliff diver when Trumpstool opened his...mouth.

    We've had nearly a thousand-point swing today, and there are still a couple of trading hours left.

    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

    Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

    "Oh my god. This is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I’m f—d.”

  7. #32
    xxl
    xxl is offline
    Moderator
    Reputation: xxl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    35,844
    ...and (despite a reasonably favorable jobs report) the Trumpslide continues:

    https://www.wsj.com/articles/fresh-t...d=hp_lead_pos2
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

    Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

    "Oh my god. This is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I’m f—d.”

  8. #33
    feelin' Freddie Mercury
    Reputation: SystemShock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    32,739
    Quote Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    27000
    LOL. Luv it when someone brags on the stock market... pretty much a guaranteed tank
    soon to follow.

    And just like clockwork... Dow futures are down 370 points overnight, and the market’s set to open just a bit above 26000, aka almost 1000 pts below the brag. Something to do with China retaliating against the Trump tariffs.

    Soooo... keep on jinxing it for yourself, Dave.
    .
    Monkhouse: I want to go like my Dad did – peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

    System: Fake news?? Trump's a Fake President, for God's sake.

    Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

    Homer: I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

    Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind


  9. #34
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: troutmd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    24,565
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    LOL. Luv it when someone brags on the stock market... pretty much a guaranteed tank
    soon to follow.

    And just like clockwork... Dow futures are down 370 points overnight, and the market’s set to open just a bit above 26000, aka almost 1000 pts below the brag. Something to do with China retaliating against the Trump tariffs.

    Soooo... keep on jinxing it for yourself, Dave.
    .
    The majority of voters didn't fall for the Trump 2016 campaign bravado, including realize Trump's claim of being a business wizard. Once a person did a little homework, Trump's record was tattered with numerous bankruptcies causing US bank to stop loaning him money, and his then truing to foreign sources to continues his shady business practices. The "tell" about all this was Trump's refusal to share his tax returns.

    2016 offered voters two weak flawed candidates - one who was qualified to be President and their other not. Qualified won the popular vote.
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

  10. #35
    feelin' Freddie Mercury
    Reputation: SystemShock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    32,739
    The DOW’s now down 860 points(!!) for the day, and is around 25600.

    Good job with that jinx, Dave. You really nailed it.
    .
    Monkhouse: I want to go like my Dad did – peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

    System: Fake news?? Trump's a Fake President, for God's sake.

    Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

    Homer: I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

    Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind


  11. #36
    feh
    feh is online now
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,040
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    The DOW’s now down 860 points(!!) for the day, and is around 25600.

    Good job with that jinx, Dave. You really nailed it.
    .
    Trade wars are easy to win.
    What's the Matter with Kansas?

  12. #37
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Wookiebiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    6,580
    Quote Originally Posted by feh View Post
    Trade wars are easy to win.
    Unless you have the reading level of a 4th grader and those that support you ... the same. Then they drag on for years until you get kicked out of office.

    With that said ... I apologize to all 4th graders out there for the insult
    Snakebit: "How many times do I have to tell you that I don't have a source? I don't make a note of everything I see or hear on the internet and you don't have to take my word for it."

  13. #38
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    15,078
    25,670........1,300 point drop since Dave's early celebration. Thanks Dave.

    Market is now the same level it was 19 months ago.
    "If we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state. Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, however, we are unable to reach that judgment.”

    -Robert Mueller

  14. #39
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: troutmd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    24,565
    Trade Wars - Thoughts and Prayers - Repeal without Replacement - Jack Your Taxes - Voodoo Economics II

    Humpty-Dumpy could win the next election if Donnie keeps this up.
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

  15. #40
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    15,078
    25,897.

    Same level we were at 20 months ago. Why is Dave celebrating?
    "If we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state. Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, however, we are unable to reach that judgment.”

    -Robert Mueller

  16. #41
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: nealric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,407
    Looks like Tariff man blinked...

    Chaos for no purpose.

  17. #42
    feelin' Freddie Mercury
    Reputation: SystemShock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    32,739
    Quote Originally Posted by nealric View Post
    Looks like Tariff man blinked...

    Chaos for no purpose.
    Yup. As we were warned, dumb Donnie doesn’t really know anything, he just reacts to
    whatever he perceives to be his political needs of the moment.
    .
    Monkhouse: I want to go like my Dad did – peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

    System: Fake news?? Trump's a Fake President, for God's sake.

    Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

    Homer: I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

    Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind


  18. #43
    feh
    feh is online now
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,040
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    Yup. As we were warned, dumb Donnie doesn’t really know anything, he just reacts to
    whatever he perceives to be his political needs of the moment.
    .
    From the article I read, the "backing down" was announced by a United States Trade Representative.

    Don't be surprised if Trump tweets some message that is the polar opposite.
    What's the Matter with Kansas?

  19. #44
    feh
    feh is online now
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,040
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    Yup. As we were warned, dumb Donnie doesn’t really know anything, he just reacts to
    whatever he perceives to be his political needs of the moment.
    .
    The lamest excuse for reversing course ever:

    “We’re doing this for the Christmas season,” Trump told reporters on an airport tarmac around noon Tuesday.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/13/trum...ng-season.html

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What's the Matter with Kansas?

  20. #45
    xxl
    xxl is offline
    Moderator
    Reputation: xxl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    35,844
    Quote Originally Posted by feh View Post
    The lamest excuse for reversing course ever:



    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/13/trum...ng-season.html

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Doing it for the Christmas season? What happened to making no laws respecting any establishment of religion?
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

    Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

    "Oh my god. This is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I’m f—d.”

  21. #46
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: DaveWC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,954
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    Doing it for the Christmas season? What happened to making no laws respecting any establishment of religion?
    I thought the tariffs were paid for by China and American consumers reaped the benefits... guess that was a lie.

  22. #47
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: davesupra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,907
    Isn't Christmas a federal holiday? Asking for a friend.
    "The American people elected Donald Trump as the President of the United States, and not Hillary. I don't think the left is taking this loss as well as they could have"...

  23. #48
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: troutmd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    24,565
    Quote Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    Isn't Christmas a federal holiday? Asking for a friend.
    Yes along with Martin Luther King Day.
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

  24. #49
    xxl
    xxl is offline
    Moderator
    Reputation: xxl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    35,844
    Quote Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    Isn't Christmas a federal holiday? Asking for a friend.
    Isn't Christmas a religious holiday celebrated by the Christians?

    Besides, don't you know there's a war on?

    https://www.snopes.com/news/2017/11/...-on-christmas/
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

    Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

    "Oh my god. This is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I’m f—d.”

  25. #50
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: davesupra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,907
    Quote Originally Posted by troutmd View Post
    Yes along with Martin Luther King Day.
    Thanks, I'll let my friend know.

    "The American people elected Donald Trump as the President of the United States, and not Hillary. I don't think the left is taking this loss as well as they could have"...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.