27000 - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 76 to 99 of 99

Thread: 27000

  1. #76
    What the what???
    Reputation: Opus51569's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10,541
    As Trump*s tariff yo-yo has recently shown, the Dow is too volatile and susceptible to the news of the day to be a decent predictor of much of anything. It's like those people who think "weather" is the same thing as "climate".
    The Law of Headwinds states: If the ride out is easy you better leave something in the tank for the turn...

  2. #77
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: davesupra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Falsetti View Post
    25,897. Same level we were at 20 months ago. Why is Dave celebrating?
    Just another boring day above 27,000. Don't be sad.
    "The American people elected Donald Trump as the President of the United States, and not Hillary. I don't think the left is taking this loss as well as they could have"...

  3. #78
    feh
    feh is online now
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,045
    Quote Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    Just another boring day above 27,000. Don't be sad.
    Which means it's back to where it was 7 weeks ago.

    So? Is this supposed to mean anything?
    What's the Matter with Kansas?

  4. #79
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,315
    Quote Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    Just another boring day above 27,000. Don't be sad.
    Everytime you gloat the market drops-couldn't you have waited until Monday or Tuesday next week so I could get more shares when VFINX posts Q3 dividends?

  5. #80
    tlg
    tlg is online now
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: tlg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    14,490
    So the Dow is still lower than the day you created this thread (July 12)

    You're crowing, that the 30 large companies which comprise the Dow, have been stagnant.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

  6. #81
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: DaveWC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,971
    Quote Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    Just another boring day above 27,000.
    Not wrong...

    1/26/18 DJIA 26,616

    4/02/18 DJIA 23,344

    10/3/18 DJIA 26,951

    12/26/18 DJIA 21,712

    Hardly getting worked up about. The Dow is up 0.5% from Oct/18, 1.9% from Jan/18. During that time it dropped 12.5% and 19.5%.

  7. #82
    Adorable Furry Hombre
    Reputation: Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    28,127
    Quote Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    Just another boring day above 27,000. Don't be sad.
    I gather you don't know what inflation is or means....or like all Trump dwellers you just spout words and number you don't understand thinking you pwned the libs.
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

  8. #83
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: STRANA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    553
    Just saying

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    They those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. The problem is you can't teach stupid and history is taught in a classroom.

  9. #84
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: davesupra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,933
    Quote Originally Posted by tlg View Post
    So the Dow is still lower than the day you created this thread (July 12) You're crowing, that the 30 large companies which comprise the Dow, have been stagnant.
    I'm just countering Falsetti crowing about how bad the market is. He seems to enjoy pointing out when the market is down, so I'm pointing out when the market is back up.

    Nothing more, nothing less.

    Of course since Trump is the current president, point out anything good is to be demeaned and discredited at any cost.
    "The American people elected Donald Trump as the President of the United States, and not Hillary. I don't think the left is taking this loss as well as they could have"...

  10. #85
    feh
    feh is online now
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,045
    Quote Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    I'm just countering Falsetti crowing about how bad the market is. He seems to enjoy pointing out when the market is down, so I'm pointing out when the market is back up.

    Nothing more, nothing less.

    Of course since Trump is the current president, point out anything good is to be demeaned and discredited at any cost.
    Annualized return on the DOW since the tax cut at the end of 2017: 3,1%

    That is with massive deficit spending. Only bubble dwellers think this is "good".
    What's the Matter with Kansas?

  11. #86
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    15,120
    Quote Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    I'm just countering Falsetti crowing about how bad the market is. He seems to enjoy pointing out when the market is down, so I'm pointing out when the market is back up.

    Nothing more, nothing less.

    Of course since Trump is the current president, point out anything good is to be demeaned and discredited at any cost.
    So you are triggered to post nonsense when others post facts. Sad.

    Do you really think the market trading in a narrow range for almost two years is a good sign? Today the S&P closed about the same as it was in January of 2018.

    Explain how 19 months with no growth is something worth crowing about......of course you will not explain, just run away and hide.
    "If we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state. Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, however, we are unable to reach that judgment.”

    -Robert Mueller

  12. #87
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: davesupra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Falsetti View Post
    Explain how 19 months with no growth is something worth crowing about......of course you will not explain, just run away and hide.
    I think that the market rising from 25,897 when you posted, to 27,110 when I posted, is a good thing.

    But as I said in my previous post

    Of course since Trump is the current president, point out anything good is to be demeaned and discredited at any cost.

    I'm sure that when the market drops again, several here will post about it with glee.
    "The American people elected Donald Trump as the President of the United States, and not Hillary. I don't think the left is taking this loss as well as they could have"...

  13. #88
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: troutmd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    24,588
    Wow Trump couldn't keep up with Obama economics. MAGA
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

  14. #89
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    15,120
    Quote Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    Of course since Trump is the current president, point out anything good is to be demeaned and discredited at any cost.
    As usual you did not answer my question.

    Explain how 19 months with no growth is something worth crowing about. Given the way you cheer lead stagnation it should be easy for you.......but you just deflect.
    "If we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state. Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, however, we are unable to reach that judgment.”

    -Robert Mueller

  15. #90
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: DaveWC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,971
    Quote Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    I think that the market rising from 25,897 when you posted, to 27,110 when I posted, is a good thing.
    It's only a good thing if you ignore the drops in the market. Day to day market movement is irrelevant. Trends in the market is what matters. Since early 2018 the markets have been moving sideways. And while Trump will tell you that he is presiding over the strongest market ever, he demands 0% interest rates (or negative) and is deficit spending massively to get what little he's received. Surely you can see that deficit spending by a trillion $ since 2018 and having 2.25% interest rates while going sideways does not predict or display market strength... regardless of the day to day gains or losses.

  16. #91
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    15,120
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWC View Post
    It's only a good thing if you ignore the drops in the market. Day to day market movement is irrelevant. Trends in the market is what matters. Since early 2018 the markets have been moving sideways. And while Trump will tell you that he is presiding over the strongest market ever, he demands 0% interest rates (or negative) and is deficit spending massively to get what little he's received. Surely you can see that deficit spending by a trillion $ since 2018 and having 2.25% interest rates while going sideways does not predict or display market strength... regardless of the day to day gains or losses.
    Exactly.

    Being gleeful about 19 months of stagnation, while piling on debt, shows limited understanding of the market and macro economics.
    "If we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state. Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, however, we are unable to reach that judgment.”

    -Robert Mueller

  17. #92
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: davesupra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Falsetti View Post
    As usual you did not answer my question. Explain how 19 months with no growth is something worth crowing about. Given the way you cheer lead stagnation it should be easy for you.......but you just deflect.
    That's because it's a stupid question. Why are you zeroing in on 19 months? Oh I know why, because that plays into your "the stock market is bad" narrative. Why not zero in on the entire length of the presidents term? Oh I know why, because that would show 32% growth. We can't have that, can we?

    As I said in my earlier post...

    Of course since Trump is the current president, point out anything good is to be demeaned and discredited at any cost.
    "The American people elected Donald Trump as the President of the United States, and not Hillary. I don't think the left is taking this loss as well as they could have"...

  18. #93
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    15,120
    Quote Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    That's because it's a stupid question. Why are you zeroing in on 19 months? Oh I know why, because that plays into your "the stock market is bad" narrative. Why not zero in on the entire length of the presidents term? Oh I know why, because that would show 32% growth. We can't have that, can we?

    As I said in my earlier post...

    Of course since Trump is the current president, point out anything good is to be demeaned and discredited at any cost.
    Thanks for proving my point You have zero understanding of macroeconomics.

    Trump gave a massive gift to corporations in the form of a tax cut. This tax cut was funded by a massive increase in debt. The companies used the tax cut for billions in stock buy backs and dividend payments, the result was a short term jump in the market. The market has digested it's sugar high and now trades in the same narrow range for 19 months.

    Explain why 19 months of stagnation is a good thing. Why are you so gleeful when so many experts are worried?

    Of course you will not answer, just more deflection followed by running away.
    "If we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state. Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, however, we are unable to reach that judgment.”

    -Robert Mueller

  19. #94
    Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Reputation: rideit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,215
    Let’s not even discuss stagflation, it would make supra’s Head explode

  20. #95
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    15,120
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Let’s not even discuss stagflation, it would make supra’s Head explode
    Given Trump's embrace of Venezuelan style monetary policy it would not surprise me if that happens.

    The Stans will blame Hillary.
    "If we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state. Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, however, we are unable to reach that judgment.”

    -Robert Mueller

  21. #96
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: davesupra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Falsetti View Post
    Thanks for proving my point You have zero understanding of macroeconomics.

    Trump gave a massive gift to corporations in the form of a tax cut. This tax cut was funded by a massive increase in debt. The companies used the tax cut for billions in stock buy backs and dividend payments, the result was a short term jump in the market. The market has digested it's sugar high and now trades in the same narrow range for 19 months.

    Explain why 19 months of stagnation is a good thing. Why are you so gleeful when so many experts are worried?

    Of course you will not answer, just more deflection followed by running away.
    More blah blah blah about 19 months.... you'd certainly don't want to deviate from the talking points.
    "The American people elected Donald Trump as the President of the United States, and not Hillary. I don't think the left is taking this loss as well as they could have"...

  22. #97
    Adorable Furry Hombre
    Reputation: Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    28,127
    Quote Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    More blah blah blah about 19 months.... you'd certainly don't want to deviate from the talking points.
    They aren't talking points...it is history. You're wanting to talk about how great Trump is doing...blathering about how the stock markets have scarcely moved in 2 years is the rhetorical equivalent of you putting a gun in your own mouth.

    Of course....given the signs for all to see of a recession coming, you probably want to stop talking about the economy soon as the collapse appears to be coming.
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

  23. #98
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    15,120
    Quote Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    More blah blah blah about 19 months.... you'd certainly don't want to deviate from the talking points.
    Thanks for proving my point. You cannot explain why 19 months of stagnation is a good thing so you just blah, blah, then run away and hide.

    Fail

  24. #99
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: DaveWC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,971
    Quote Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    More blah blah blah about 19 months.... you'd certainly don't want to deviate from the talking points.
    That's funny... so the period immediately following Obama, when Trump had basically no policies in place, the stock market did well... and that's the period you want to focus on (other than the gain from yesterday of course). The last 19 months, when Trump's tax cuts for the wealthy & corporations went into effect, and his trillion $ deficit spending happened, and the markets went sideways with two 10% dips... that you want to ignore (other than yesterday's gain). The longer Trump is in charge, the further we get from Obama's policies, the worse the market does.

    The only things sustaining Trump's market today are a very low Fed rate & deficit spending. Can't wait to see what he'll do if a recession hits regardless of those 2 things... double the spending & negative interest rates? Should be interesting. My guess is he ends his tariff war and goes back to the status quo, claims victory because the market will rebound and you say that it's evidence of his greatness. He'll also continue to bully Powell to help him get elected, interest rates will fall and the market will see this as an initial good thing but long term it will be perceived as a sign of weakness. Regardless, a recession is around the corner. And yes, liberals cheer on a recession because they want it to come before the election to seal the deal for Trump. A recession will hurt the US people & the world far less than Trump will.

    (I guarantee you'll ignore that entire post, other than the last 2 sentences)
    Last edited by DaveWC; 1 Day Ago at 07:16 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.