Another batch of garbage uploaded into lemmings' heads by US media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011

Another batch of garbage uploaded into lemmings' heads by US media

The Arab League group report from Syria got translated to English and leaked on the Columbia University web site. It is currently still available here (not for long, I'd guess)

http://www.columbia.edu/~hauben/Repo...er_Mission.pdf

"So the report was either ignored (by Western corporate media) or mercilessly destroyed - by Arab media, virtually all of it financed by either the House of Saud or Qatar. It was not even discussed - because it was prevented by the GCC from being translated from Arabic into English and published in the Arab League's website.

Until it was leaked. Here it is, in full.

The report is adamant. There was no organized, lethal repression by the Syrian government against peaceful protesters. Instead, the report points to shady armed gangs as responsible for hundreds of deaths among Syrian civilians, and over one thousand among the Syrian army, using lethal tactics such as bombing of civilian buses, bombing of trains carrying diesel oil, bombing of police buses and bombing of bridges and pipelines."

"Instead, BRICS members Russia and China, and large swathes of the developing world see it as the Syrian government fighting heavily armed foreign mercenaries. The report largely confirms these suspicions."

(Asia Times Online :: Exposed: The Arab agenda in Syria)

In other words, the US regime is again supporting terrorist mercenary groups to kill people and destabilize "inconvenient" sovereign countries. Nothing surprising here.

Meanwhile, the American Politburo continues to bombard the public with their BS

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...75l642l0.4l4l0

n00bsauce
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreyT View Post
    The Arab League group report from Syria got translated to English and leaked on the Columbia University web site. It is currently still available here (not for long, I'd guess)

http://www.columbia.edu/~hauben/Repo...er_Mission.pdf

"So the report was either ignored (by Western corporate media) or mercilessly destroyed - by Arab media, virtually all of it financed by either the House of Saud or Qatar. It was not even discussed - because it was prevented by the GCC from being translated from Arabic into English and published in the Arab League's website.

Until it was leaked. Here it is, in full.

The report is adamant. There was no organized, lethal repression by the Syrian government against peaceful protesters. Instead, the report points to shady armed gangs as responsible for hundreds of deaths among Syrian civilians, and over one thousand among the Syrian army, using lethal tactics such as bombing of civilian buses, bombing of trains carrying diesel oil, bombing of police buses and bombing of bridges and pipelines."

"Instead, BRICS members Russia and China, and large swathes of the developing world see it as the Syrian government fighting heavily armed foreign mercenaries. The report largely confirms these suspicions."

(Asia Times Online :: Exposed: The Arab agenda in Syria)

In other words, the US regime is again supporting terrorist mercenary groups to kill people and destabilize "inconvenient" sovereign countries. Nothing surprising here.

Umm, so it's the armed gangs that are shelling Homs as we speak?
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

There are your fog people & your sun people, he said. I said I wasn't sure which kind I was. He nodded. Fog'll do that to you, he said.

"We are all ignorant about most things."
    Mel Erickson

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel Erickson View Post
    Of course it is.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel Erickson View Post
    (I don't exactly see the connection, but anyway)

No, it is the Syrian government trying to defend law and order in their country. The fact that it involves "shelling" simply demonstrates the magnitude of the events that take place there. Figuratively speaking, you can't fight tanks with pea shooters. An easy guess is that the same heavy armaments that US regime supplied to terrorists in Libya just a few months ago are now getting redirected to the terrorists in Syria.

That is, of course, if we assume that any "shelling" actually takes place as described, since the sources are mostly American and, as always, their reports are assumed to be fictional until independently proven otherwise. Until Russia explicitly confirms that the "shelling" of any excessive sort took place, there's no point to even consider any "shelling" in any serious degree.
    Last edited by AndreyT; 02-09-2012 at 01:25 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2003
    not really seeing nothing to support this claim

Nor much to show that those reports are BS

eminence grease
    This post is 21.7% less interesting than your most "most disgraced military in the world" post.

I do have to ask though, are you really a supporter of the current regime in Syria?
    Last edited by terry b; 02-09-2012 at 03:54 PM.
    You'd be better off with a netbook, they do everything better.

My travel blog: http://tbaroundtheworld.blogspot.com

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by terry b View Post
    This post is 21.7% less interesting than your most "most disgraced military in the world" post.
    That's just mean. He's so dedicated he deserves a bit of respect.

eminence grease
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakebit View Post
    That's just mean. He's so dedicated he deserves a bit of respect.
    I'm not mean, I'm honest. I could have said it was 89% less interesting.
    You'd be better off with a netbook, they do everything better.

My travel blog: http://tbaroundtheworld.blogspot.com

Sticky Valentine
    Quote Originally Posted by terry b View Post
    I'm not mean, I'm honest. I could have said it was 89% less interesting.

Terry B: Not a diplomat yet.

joe
    'They say gold paint on the palace gates comes from the teeth of pensioners
    They're so tired of shooting protest singers that they hardly mention us
    While fountains fill with second-hand perfume and sodden trading stamps
    They'll hang the bullies and the louts that dampen down the day" - EC

waterproof*
    Andrey's back!

Dude, seriously, they pay you to write this crap? Or, is it just that you've been reading the Russian sites, who are paid to write this crap?

Seriously though, please link to a non-Russian source sometimes, ok?
    * not actually a Rock Star

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Creakyknees View Post
    Andrey's back!

Dude, seriously, they pay you to write this crap? Or, is it just that you've been reading the Russian sites, who are paid to write this crap?

Well you did see that thread on Russian plants didn't you? He's just not very good at keeping the secret.

waterproof*
    I must admit my error- he linked to a very interesting report at Columbia, dated 18 January 2012:

74. In some cities, the Mission sensed the extreme tension, oppression and injustice from which the Syrian
    people are suffering. However, the citizens believe the crisis should be resolved peacefully through Arab
    mediation alone, without international intervention. Doing so would allow them to live in peace and complete
    the reform process and bring about the change they desire. The Mission was informed by the opposition,
    particularly in Dar‘a, Homs, Hama and Idlib, that some of its members had taken up arms in response to the
    suffering of the Syrian people as a result of the regime’s oppression and tyranny; corruption, which affects all
    sectors of society; the use of torture by the security agencies; and human rights violations.

=======

waterproof*
    there are 112 reporters listed in the appendix about journalists granted access, including several Americans and Euro's.

But: only two channels had been barred, namely Al-
    Jazeera and Al-Arabiya, which the Government believes to be targeting Syria and its system of
    government.

Call me a Fred
    Occupy Syria!
    Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You may starch my jumper
    Hang it upside your wall
    You know by that, baby
    I need my ashes hauled.

Sleepy John Estes

H

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Creakyknees View Post
    Er... Would you be so kind to show us when and where exactly I linked to any Russian source?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBiker View Post
    Occupy Syria!
    That doesn't seem to be going very well.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBiker View Post
    Occupy Syria!
    Hey careful now, I was thinking Syria would be a good girls name, no way Id want occupy be tacked on to my girls name...

Banned forever.....or not
    Syria has always been a model of democracy...It's a little known fact that Bashar al-Assad has been up for the Nobel Peace Prize, four times since taking office.
    If your opinion differs from mine, ..........Too bad.
    How would you like it if Hitler killed you
    Dogbert.

I>U

Buying parts to hang on your bike is always easier than getting fit.

If you feel wimpy and weak, get out and train more, ya wee lassie!

If Jesus had a gun, he'd be alive today!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_GRUMPY View Post
    Syria has always been a model of democracy...It's a little known fact that Bashar al-Assad has been up for the Nobel Peace Prize, four times since taking office.
    Obama just edged him out one year. Close though.

Banned forever.....or not
    The only country that is more peace loving, is North Korea.
    If your opinion differs from mine, ..........Too bad.
    How would you like it if Hitler killed you
    Dogbert.

I>U

Buying parts to hang on your bike is always easier than getting fit.

If you feel wimpy and weak, get out and train more, ya wee lassie!

If Jesus had a gun, he'd be alive today!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    Democracy? Does it matter? If memory serves, Iran was a model democracy once. But that democracy did not want to share its oil... The rest followed. The Fascist regime in Chile so devotedly supported by the USA - was that some form of a model democracy? Any Nobel Peace Prizes there? Or maybe Afghan terrorists were more democratic?

USA cares about "democracy" as much as the next criminal. I.e. not at all. Criminals know only one principle: "Crime pays if you get away with it". At that is the main founding principle on which USA is built.

RoadBikeReview Member

By the way, did you even read the report? It doesn't support your claims at all.
    Last edited by nealric; 02-10-2012 at 04:17 AM.

Opus was just napping
    The only country that is more peace loving, is North Korea.

Didn't you mean to say Best Korea?

Incidentally, it looks like the concrete traffic cone is finally going to open in Best Korea, 23 years behind schedule.

That's results baby!
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

Call me a Fred
    Democracy? Does it matter? If memory serves, Iran was a model democracy once. But that democracy did not want to share its oil... The rest followed. ...
    Iran has never had a democracy.
    Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You may starch my jumper
    Hang it upside your wall
    You know by that, baby
    I need my ashes hauled.

Sleepy John Estes

H

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    Meanwhile, our current reincarnation of the proverbial "freedom fighters" in Syria can't get their story straight: Colonel of so called Free Syrian Army (FSA - that's the "opposition", BTW) Aref Hammoud claimed the responsibility for today's twin terrorist attacks in the city of Aleppo, saying that "It was a response to the regime's bombardment of Homs." At the same time Colonel Riad al-Asaad of the very same FSA blamed it on the "regime".

Free Syrian Army blames Assad for Aleppo bombing - SYRIA - FRANCE 24

Guess which version will get approved by censorship and receive government permission to be released inside the US propaganda dome?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast