Anyone regret voting for George?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2002

Anyone regret voting for George?

Just curious if anyone does......and what was it that pushed you over the edge if you do?

No Crybabies

no

Quote Originally Posted by CARBON110
    Just curious if anyone does......and what was it that pushed you over the edge if you do?
    With Gore or Kerry as the alternative? No, not in the slightest.

Opus was just napping
    I regret that there are people out there that think somehow the Democrats could have possibly done any worse...

My parents are two that are regretting their decisions to vote a second time for Bush.
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Absolutely not!

RoadBikeReview Member
    If you are one of the people who voted for Bush, it's not likely that you could admit it was a mistake. This is because of how huge of a mistake it was. So keep on telling it to yourselves "I'm glad I voted for him. We are much better off now than we were before". "Gore and Kerry were much worse"....Yup you chose the idiot instead.

banned
    It's responses like this that reinforce the notion that voting democrat, in most instances, isn't even an alternative. Most vocal democrats prove themselves to be vile little people with little to offer other than loud mouthed name calling and vitriol with no worthwhile ideas to proffer. Hello Michael Moore, Al Franken, Nancy Pelosi, Joe Biden, Barbara Boxer, Ted Kennedy, Al Gore, John Kerry et al.!

No, is the answer to your question. Bush's initiatives will eventually prove themselves out even against the subversive attempts by the left.

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Quote Originally Posted by Live Steam
    Bush's initiatives will eventually prove themselves out even against the subversive attempts by the left.
    You're quite right Steam-they're goingto prove themselves to be just what this country needs to implode.
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

Jul 2004
    Most vocal democrats prove themselves to be vile little people [. . . .] Hello Michael Moore . . . !
    Lovely.

As not necessarily an aside, you seem to share common traits with our president; the inability to admit mistakes, a refusal to address the matters at hand, and a penchant for attempting to shift the debate by attacking seemingly vulnerable touchstone figures.

RoadBikeReview Member

Republicans need more time

It's responses like this that reinforce the notion that voting democrat, in most instances, isn't even an alternative. Most vocal democrats prove themselves to be vile little people with little to offer other than loud mouthed name calling and vitriol with no worthwhile ideas to proffer. Hello Michael Moore, Al Franken, Nancy Pelosi, Joe Biden, Barbara Boxer, Ted Kennedy, Al Gore, John Kerry et al.!

No, is the answer to your question. Bush's initiatives will eventually prove themselves out even against the subversive attempts by the left.
    Maybe Bush will need four more years after this. It is interesting that you have admitted that his initiatives have not yet proven themselves. Seems to me the republicans have been in control of the whole government for a while now.

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolando
    Seems to me the republicans have been in control of the whole government for a while now.
    It's that [email protected]@m *residual* Clinton that's still left in the WH...it's strong stuff....;)
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Room 1201
    It's that [email protected]@m *residual* Clinton that's still left in the WH...it's strong stuff....;)
    You are right. Them Clintons really screwed things up! Almost six years of complete republican domination and there is still a mess. Good thing we've got more to come of this repulican agenda that is helping our country out so much. Yes sir, we have much more to come still.

Master of flip comments

you nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by morrison
    Lovely.

As not necessarily an aside, you seem to share common traits with our president; the inability to admit mistakes, a refusal to address the matters at hand, and a penchant for attempting to shift the debate by attacking seemingly vulnerable touchstone figures.
    I'm not talking about YOU, but I don't understand why folks keep responding to Steam. A week ago there was a post about making a day to not respond to him. I don't know how different that is from saying "don't feed the trolls". Hopefully, sooner or later, the only people that respond to him will be himself, which I've seen many times.

06 Ghisallo Dream Machine
    Jul 2002

No matter how many lives it takes.....
    "It is not heresy, I will not recant".....

Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by gregario
    I'm not talking about YOU, but I don't understand why folks keep responding to Steam.
    A grevious character flaw to which I readily admit; the inability to leave it well enough alone. My insanity forces me to respond in much the same way it forced me to take another drink in my salad days. If only there were a 12 step for this; say, "foolaholics anonymous."

Self-Banned

Again... Another reality check

Father knows best: Elder Bush says son Jeb should seek White House
    12:06 PM EDT Oct 11

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Gov. Jeb Bush on Wednesday brushed off his father's public suggestions that he should run for president.

Gov. Bush, who has repeatedly and sometimes testily said he won't run for U.S. president in 2008, was asked Wednesday morning about the remarks made by his father, former president George H. W. Bush, on Tuesday's edition of CNN's Larry King Live.

"Oh, Lord," Gov. Bush said as he laughed. Shaking his head, he said: "I love my dad."

Asked if he is running, the younger Bush simply shook his head no

Former president Bush had said the night before that he would like to see the Florida governor run for the White House.

"Someday I would, yes," said the elder Bush, who turns 81 this month. He said Jeb Bush would be "awfully good" as president.

"This guy's smart, big and strong," he said of his son. "Makes the decisions. And you know, not without controversy, but he's led that state."

The elder Bush said "the timing's wrong" because Jeb Bush has said "he doesn't want to do it." But the former president then added: "Nobody believes that."

Jeb Bush will end his second term as governor in January 2007. His brother George ends his second presidential term in January 2009. Neither can seek re-election because of term limits.
    Jeb Bush #44
    Attached Images Attached Images

gazing from the shadows
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixed
    You can look at it differently from the choice between two people.

The alternative was divided government. Anyone who professes to be a libertarian should be for divided government, as that is the only thing that has a chance in our 2 party system of limiting spending, waste, and programs in general.
    Stout beers under trees, please.

Jun 2004

Didn't...

Didn't vote for him either time, and I'm glad for that.

I have heard a lot of Republicans lately that have said they can't believe they voted for him a second time, and that they wish they could change their vote. But they can't.

I make a not so bold prediction that 8 years from now when Hillary is running the country, and things start to go well again, Steam will be here proclaiming loud and proud that it was the Bush administration that set her up to do well, and not anything that she our the democrat controlled Congress did.. Just setting that out there. Seeing as how a lot of Republicans are saying that the reason Bush is flailing so bad is because of the things Clinton did when he was in office. Just some foreshadowing there for you guys.

Daylight Fading

It's actually a pretty good question CARBON110

I would be intereseted to see the results of a poll where that very question was asked of both those who voter for him in 2000, 2004 and both. I wonder what % would say "no." I would think that with a poll like that, that if you got about 20% saying "no" that that would be significant.

BT
    "If dreams are like movies, then memories are films about ghosts." A. Duritz

Daylight Fading

Did you have to vote?

Quote Originally Posted by Fixed
    You make it sound like you had to vote.

BT
    "If dreams are like movies, then memories are films about ghosts." A. Duritz

Self-Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolialover
    Didn't vote for him either time, and I'm glad for that.

I have heard a lot of Republicans lately that have said they can't believe they voted for him a second time, and that they wish they could change their vote. But they can't.

I make a not so bold prediction that 8 years from now when Hillary is running the country, and things start to go well again, Steam will be here proclaiming loud and proud that it was the Bush administration that set her up to do well, and not anything that she our the democrat controlled Congress did.. Just setting that out there. Seeing as how a lot of Republicans are saying that the reason Bush is flailing so bad is because of the things Clinton did when he was in office. Just some foreshadowing there for you guys.
    That's a nice dream but Hillary will not be President. ...and seriously, Jeb will be the 44th.

Soon to be banned

Even though I live in a red state, I still regret voting for Bush the first time around.

No need to wait, Bush's policies have already proven to be FAILURES. Only time and a new administration will help turn them around. I honestly can't find one success due to any Bush "policy." I refuse to use the term "inititative" when it comes to Bush. The term initiative carries a degree of planning. Every Bush policy has been knee-jerk reactionary.

Jun 2004

There are folks...

Quote Originally Posted by eyebob
    I would be intereseted to see the results of a poll where that very question was asked of both those who voter for him in 2000, 2004 and both. I wonder what % would say "no." I would think that with a poll like that, that if you got about 20% saying "no" that that would be significant.

BT
    There are folks on this board that swear up and down on 2 stacks of Bibles that if the election were held today, he would get elected again. I have my doubts on this one, as I hear more and more Republicans, hard core Bush supporters, now saying that they regret voting for him the 2nd time around. A lot of the folks I'm talking to here, also admit that they were swayed over by the 3 G's of his campaign. God. Gays. Guns. Bear in mind, this is a fairly small group of folks that I work with, and no way represents the rest of the country, but it does provide a small slice into the inner workings of the mind of red staters in North Carolina, and how they're feeling now. Duped is how they're feeling.

Not Banned

how could it be any worse

my guess is Gore or Kerry would have 'sold' the country on conservation, alternative energy, etc... years ago. My guess is we would have finished OBL in Afghanistan and not wasted money and manpower in Iraq. Our soldiers would be home, Saddam would still be the impotent dictator he was and there would most likely be covert ops to overthrow him and the Iranian leadership. Our country would be a couple hundred billion or more less in debt, and we wouldn't have to be sacrificing programs because of said debt. yup that would really suck.

oh yeah and Alaska would have 2 less land rapes in action
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering

Arrogant roadie.....
    My dad does. He's been a republican ever since he was able to join (back in 1945), and he even voted for goldwater!! Last time around, he told me that, despite the fact he couldn't stand Kerry, he was going to vote for him anyways, and he had stopped sending any money to the republican party.
    We are the 801
    We are the central shaft

Jun 2004

My Dad...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Stohler
    My dad does. He's been a republican ever since he was able to join (back in 1945), and he even voted for goldwater!! Last time around, he told me that, despite the fact he couldn't stand Kerry, he was going to vote for him anyways, and he had stopped sending any money to the republican party.
    My Dad, longtime Democrat, union side of things, calls Bush, "That mealy mouthed SOB.." Or something to that effect. He's never voted for a Republican in his life, and I'm sure is definitely not going to start now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast