Ben Sasse tells the truth, caught on tape
    RoadBikeReview Member

Ben Sasse tells the truth, caught on tape

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...u-manu-vpx.cnn

In an audio call to his constituents, Republican Sen. Ben Sasse strongly criticized President Trump on an array of issues from the President's handling of foreign policy to US spending.
    It sounds like his take on Trump is that of most other Republicans in the Senate, they are just to afraid to say anything.

Sad, pathetic losers, unwilling to say what they think because they are afraid of a 74 year old, orange idiot. They would rather not challenge him and keep their job than actually do their job and what's right for their constituents.

• Hypocrisy
    • Lies
    • Fear
    • Juvenile behavior
    • Xenophobic
    • Racist
    • Disregard for American lives
    • Dividing America
    • Money over people
    • Party over people
    • Cozying up to dictators

Ladies and gentleman, I present to you your 2020 GOP!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/15/polit...ism/index.html

Republican Sen. Ben Sasse criticized President Donald Trump earlier this week during a private phone call with constituents, saying a number of unflattering things about the President, including that he's "flirted with White supremacists" and "kisses dictators' butts," his office confirmed to CNN.

"The way he kisses dictators' butts. I mean, the way he ignores that the Uyghurs are in literal concentration camps in Xinjiang right now. He hasn't lifted a finger on behalf of the Hong Kongers," Sasse said in response to a constituent's question about his relationship with Trump and his past criticisms of the President.

"The United States now regularly sells out our allies under his leadership. The way he treats women and spends like a drunken sailor. The ways I criticized President (Barack) Obama for that kind of spending I've criticized President Trump for as well. He mocks evangelicals behind closed doors. His family has treated the presidency like a business opportunity. He's flirted with White supremacists," the Nebraska Republican said.
    Last edited by Wookiebiker; 1 Week Ago at 05:08 PM.
    Voting isn't marriage - it's public transport. You are not waiting for "The One" who is absolutely perfect. You are getting on the bus, and if there isn't one going exactly to your destination you don't stay at home and sulk - you take the one going closest to where you want to be!

xxl
    Damn! Sasse being sassy!
    Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

There are over 8 million covid cases in the United States (as of October 15th), nine months after Donald Trump said it was "totally under control," and that "it's gonna be just fine."

xxl

There are over 8 million covid cases in the United States (as of October 15th), nine months after Donald Trump said it was "totally under control," and that "it's gonna be just fine."

What the what???
    Get off that sinking ship, Ben!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Given his penchant for nicknames, and his aversion to reading, I've decided to shorten Donald J. Trump to it's essence: Dump*

I was "social distancing" before it was cool.

A Story of Love
    Not too impressed with Ben’s newfound ‘sassyness’.

I mean, he enables Agent Orange for FOUR YEARS, and then finally finds his backbone only THREE WEEKS from the Election?

An election he says he expects Trump to LOSE, aka few or no consequences for Sasse’s belated show of independence, since Trump won’t be in power anymore?

Oh, and a few months AFTER Ben’s Senate primary, also aka no possible consequences for Sasse’s belated show of spine, no chance of getting hurt by Trump tweets and losing his seat?

Oh, and this was also on a PRIVATE CALL with constituents, not intended for the general public?

Sigh. What a freakin’ brave hero. Not.

Last edited by SystemShock; 1 Week Ago at 09:27 PM.
    MH: I want to go like my Dad did — peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Sys: COMPLACENCY IS LETHAL. VOTE in November.

Homer: I believe that the children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind.

xxl

xxl

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    Not too impressed with Ben’s newfound ‘sassyness’.

I mean, he enables Agent Orange for FOUR YEARS, and then finally finds his backbone only THREE WEEKS from the Election?

An election he says he expects Trump to LOSE, aka few or no consequences for Sasse’s belated show of independence, since Trump won’t be in power anymore?

Oh, and a few months AFTER Ben’s Senate primary, also aka no possible consequences for Sasse’s belated show of spine, no chance of getting hurt by Trump tweets and losing his seat?

Oh, and this was also on a PRIVATE CALL with constituents, not intended for the general public?

Sigh. What a freakin’ brave hero. Not.

He's getting re-elected. Don't worry. He's a republican in a FOR GOD AND COUNTRY TRUMP 2020 state.

Yea, he's my Special Idiot.
    "We are doomed to live in very interesting times"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Opus51569 View Post
    Get off that sinking ship, Ben!

From the NY Times Briefing this morning: A spokesman for Sasse responded by saying “control of the Senate is 10 times more important” than the presidential race.

Meme To Ben and the GOP: Too Late - jumping ship after the bow is under the water is hazardous to your political health.

PS - it no fun being in the minority no matter how much your Captain Mitch says otherwise.
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

My job is to call balls and strikes and not pitch or swing a bat. ... I have no agenda.

What the what???
    Dump*s response... elevating the level of discourse as usual:

President Trump berated Sen. Ben Sasse (R) after audio leaked this week of the Nebraska lawmaker leveling harsh criticism against the president in a town hall with constituents.

“The least effective of our 53 Republican Senators, and a person who truly doesn’t have what it takes to be great, is Little Ben Sasse of Nebraska, a State which I have gladly done so much to help,” Trump tweeted. “@SenSasse was as nice as a RINO [Republican in name only] can be until he recently won the Republican Nomination to run for a second term. Then he went back to his rather stupid and obnoxious ways.”

“Little Ben is a liability to the Republican Party, and an embarrassment to the Great State of Nebraska. Other than that, he’s just a wonderful guy!” Trump added.

The president followed up two hours later, suggesting Sasse's stances would make him unelectable and comparing him to Sens. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) and Bob Corker (R-Tenn.), two Trump critics who retired in 2018 instead of facing primary challenges.

"Senator Little Ben Sasse of the Great State of Nebraska seems to be heading down the same inglorious path as former Senators Liddle' Bob Corker, whose approval rating in Tennessee went from 55% to 4%, & Jeff 'the Flake' Flake, whose approval rating in Arizona went from 56% to practically nothing. Both Senators became totally unelectable, couldn’t come even close to winning their primaries, and decided to drop out of politics and gracefully 'RETIRE,'" Trump tweeted.

Given his penchant for nicknames, and his aversion to reading, I've decided to shorten Donald J. Trump to it's essence: Dump*

I was "social distancing" before it was cool.

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Quote Originally Posted by Opus51569 View Post
    Dump*s response... elevating the level of discourse as usual:

President Trump berated Sen. Ben Sasse (R) after audio leaked this week of the Nebraska lawmaker leveling harsh criticism against the president in a town hall with constituents.

“The least effective of our 53 Republican Senators, and a person who truly doesn’t have what it takes to be great, is Little Ben Sasse of Nebraska, a State which I have gladly done so much to help,” Trump tweeted. “@SenSasse was as nice as a RINO [Republican in name only] can be until he recently won the Republican Nomination to run for a second term. Then he went back to his rather stupid and obnoxious ways.”

“Little Ben is a liability to the Republican Party, and an embarrassment to the Great State of Nebraska. Other than that, he’s just a wonderful guy!” Trump added.

The president followed up two hours later, suggesting Sasse's stances would make him unelectable and comparing him to Sens. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) and Bob Corker (R-Tenn.), two Trump critics who retired in 2018 instead of facing primary challenges.

"Senator Little Ben Sasse of the Great State of Nebraska seems to be heading down the same inglorious path as former Senators Liddle' Bob Corker, whose approval rating in Tennessee went from 55% to 4%, & Jeff 'the Flake' Flake, whose approval rating in Arizona went from 56% to practically nothing. Both Senators became totally unelectable, couldn’t come even close to winning their primaries, and decided to drop out of politics and gracefully 'RETIRE,'" Trump tweeted.

I'd so love it for both of those [email protected] to be jobless.

It is hilarious because all the yards with TRUMP 2020 signs also have SASSE signs too. Curious who those people latch their ideology too.
    "We are doomed to live in very interesting times"

feh
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    I'd so love it for both of those [email protected] to be jobless.

It is hilarious because all the yards with TRUMP 2020 signs also have SASSE signs too. Curious who those people latch their ideology too.
    Anybody with an R next to their name.

It's easy to do when such people don't bother thinking.
    What's the Matter with Kansas?

off the back
    If he really wants to send a message, if he really wants to stand for something, then he'd vote against Donnie's SC choice.

But he won't. He'll give Donnie what he wants, just as he has the past four years.

Spineless wimp in CYA mode. Too little, too late. No one's buying it.
    "Damn. Y'all murdered the sh*t out that mutherf***er"

A Story of Love
    There's probably a method to Ben's (wimpy, belated) madness... he's not the only GOP Senator doing it. Cruz, Cornyn, and McSally all recently distanced themselves a bit from Big Orange, too.

The idea is to throw Donnie under the bus a bit, in an attempt to save GOP-control of the Senate... AKA, "Retaining a GOP Senate is the only way to keep a Biden administration and Pelosi's House in check!!".

Problem is, for that argument to have any relevance, you first have to admit that it's likely that Trump will LOSE. And Trump's base (which is now the majority of the GOP) DOESN'T LIKE HEARING THAT. And will f**k with the messenger.

So, to all the GOP enablers now desperately, belatedly trying to triangulate... too late, bros. You made your bed, now lie in it.

Amoral, purely self-interested dumbsh!ts.
    MH: I want to go like my Dad did — peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Sys: COMPLACENCY IS LETHAL. VOTE in November.

Homer: I believe that the children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind.

off the back
    They had their chance to make their stand during impeachment. They were too pu$$y to even allow witness testimony.

As I said, too little, too late. Reap the whirlwind, mutthafukkahs.
    "Damn. Y'all murdered the sh*t out that mutherf***er"