Beohner says spending cuts will "tank our economy"
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2005

Beohner says spending cuts will "tank our economy"

At the bottom of the fiscal cliff are massive immediate spending cuts that Bhoener seems to think could be harmful in some way. Is he saying spending is good?
    Denial, delay, dysfunction and death.

Not Banned

he must have spent

Quote Originally Posted by BadHabit View Post
    At the bottom of the fiscal cliff are massive immediate spending cuts that Bhoener seems to think could be harmful in some way. Is he saying spending is good?
    too much time in the tanning bed. He'll retract tomorrow when his masters remind him of his positions
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering

( ͡į ͜ʖ ͡į)
    I thought too much spending would tank our economy...which is why we need to cut taxes and ****.

Color me confused.
    I lost my phone number. Can I have yours?

Daft Punk built my hotrod
    This is really going to confuse the right-wingers.

Either that or they'll claim Boehner has gone pinko commie.

RoadBikeReview Member
    whoa, someone's off the rails and onto the platform of....reality.
    Not banned yet.

Ricardo Cabeza
    massive cuts in government spending are what is required to save the economy.

Boner and the rest of these clowns haven't a clue.
    Whenever the legislators endeavour to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience, and are left to the common refuge which God hath provided for all men against force and violence - John Locke

SuperAndy's Garage

Hi
    May 2010
    The time to cut is when the economy is good, not during a borderline recession.

banned
    Jun 2008
    It's not that liberals have ever misquoted or taken anything out of context but, could you post the complete article from which this "quote" was taken? Somehow, my pablum-o-meter smells something a little sour here.

Quote Originally Posted by BadHabit View Post

Daft Punk built my hotrod
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy69 View Post

The error of your position has been explained to you on numerous occasions, yet you've clearly decided not to encumber your posts with basic economic facts.

Stiglitz has written about deficit fetishism. Cutting spending in the face of a recession is like trying to save your parachute for a rainy day when your plane is crashing.

Ricardo Cabeza
    Quote Originally Posted by PaxRomana View Post
    The error of your position has been explained to you on numerous occasions, yet you've clearly decided not to encumber your posts with basic economic facts.

Stiglitz has written about deficit fetishism. Cutting spending in the face of a recession is like trying to save your parachute for a rainy day when your plane is crashing.
    typical Keynesian dogma.
    Whenever the legislators endeavour to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience, and are left to the common refuge which God hath provided for all men against force and violence - John Locke

SuperAndy's Garage

RoadBikeReview Member

When is a deal not a deal?

Following the November 2010 mid-term election, and just prior to the expiration of the Bush Tax Cuts (12/31/10), GOP Congressional leadership promised if President Obama extended the Tax Cuts, the economy would skyrocket to recovery.

A year ago the President and the Speaker had a handshake on the Grand Bargain --- a bipartisan cutting of spending and the increasing of taxes that would total something like $4 Trillion over a number of years. Both sides gave a little to make progress. Then Paul Ryan and the Tea Party revolted forcing the Speaker to back away from the deal.

Shortly thereafter Congress approved the Budget Control Act establishing the Joint Select Committee on Deficit Reduction (AKA SuperCommittee) to identify $1.5 trillion in deficit reduction over the period of fiscal years (FYs) 2012-2021. If the SuperCommittee failed to agree on such a plan, then predetermined budget cuts would occur

The SuperCommittee failed.

Now the GOP is saying the predetermined budget cuts and terminating the Bush Tax Cuts will cause a 2nd recession.

Does anyone still wonder why Congress has such a dismal approval rating? I think I'd trust a SnakeOil salesman more then this collection of buffoons.
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy69 View Post

yes, if only we all could just realize the one-sided libertarian dogma epoused here.
    me, I choose to deal with reality as it is today...not idealogy as a fringe minority group would like it tomorrow.
    Not banned yet.

Covfefe
    "Itís hard to win an argument with a smart person, but itís damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." - Bill Murray