• 04-14-2019
    Akirasho
    pretzel logic...
  • 04-14-2019
    Doctor Falsetti
    Quote:

Originally Posted by taxidermy man View Post
    I'm for dumping them back in there home countries from 10,000 feet with no parachutes.

For those wondering who would write such a disgusting post this is a reference to "Helicopter rides" which are a "thing" with the "Alt-Wrong".

The basement dwelling trolls like to talk big. They babble about the practice of killing people by dropping them from helicopters, made famous by Chilean dictator Augusto Pinochet in the 1970s who supposedly did it to his political enemies.

Pinochet economic policies led to a monetary crisis and the end of his life was spent under house arrest as he was prosecuted for embezzlement and tax fraud. His nickname was pinocho (Spanish for "Pinocchio")......sound like someone we know? :thumbsup:

What is it about garbage that the Alt-Wrong find so worthy of support?
  • 04-14-2019
    Lombard
    Quote:

I'm for dumping them back in there home countries from 10,000 feet with no parachutes.

If you are going to make a post supporting bigotry and mass murder, at least learn to spell. It's "their" not "there".
  • 04-14-2019
    Doctor Falsetti
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy69 View Post
    Choices have consequences.

Trump, and his loyal followers, want fewer brown people. If you want *less* immigration, why inform border-crossers that they're getting free tickets to Chicago and San Francisco?

:rolleyes:
  • 04-14-2019
    Easy Riders
    Laughable!

For 4 years now Trump has been saying the most outrageous things and the lefty media explodes. Happens every day.

In this way, Trump makes sure every deplorable under every rock in the country is getting his message and will come out to vote on elections day.

Making liberals heads explode is, I imagine, just a side benefit.
  • 04-14-2019
    Marc
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy Riders View Post
    Laughable!

For 4 years now Trump has been saying the most outrageous things and the lefty media explodes. Happens every day.

In this way, Trump makes sure every deplorable under every rock in the country is getting his message and will come out to vote on elections day.

So what you're saying that Trump voters approve of pedophilia?

Got it.
  • 04-14-2019
    DaveWC
    Quote:

Laughable!

So threatening to break laws is a way to attract voters... who knew? No wonder they're referred to as deplorables if that's what motivates them to vote. I'm not saying it does, I'm just taking your word for it. I'm so old I can remember when voters looked at issues from various angles and decided how they felt about the party platforms. Now they vote for the guy who says the most outrageous sh!t because it makes the the media and their opponents upset. The fact that what they're saying is either illegal or incites violence seems to be irrelevant for these voters. Oh well, you get the govt that you deserve I guess.
  • 04-14-2019
    Easy Riders
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    So what you're saying that Trump voters approve of pedophilia?

Got it.

What exactly is it that you've 'got'?

Where does your comment about pedophilia come from? I didn't mention it. Is it on your mind in general or did someone else bring it up and I didn't notice?

Pedophilia, strange that you would bring that up.
  • 04-14-2019
    Marc
    Quote:

What exactly is it that you've 'got'?

Where does your comment about pedophilia come from? I didn't mention it. Is it on your mind in general or did someone else bring it up and I didn't notice?

Pedophilia, strange that you would bring that up.

You claim it is all intentional and a "strategy". If it is, then your position is that when Trump said on tape he'd want to grab teenage girls by the genitals--it was for his base.

A better take is this--Trump is just a septuagenarian conman suffering dementia and has no impulse control. I rememeber a year ago when all those conservatives out there were saying the wall was a "metaphor" that he we were taking him "literally and not seriously"....jokes on you--we're getting a wall, and you and I are paying for it....and the really funny part, conservatives now bend over backwards trying to justify it with xenophobia and conspiracy theories.

So much easier on your ego to claim it is a "strategy" than to admit you got scammed by a creepy uncle. And conservatives give folks on the left flak for "Safe Spaces". LOL.
  • 04-14-2019
    Easy Riders
    Quote:

You claim it is all intentional and a "strategy". If it is, then your position is that when Trump said on tape he'd want to grab teenage girls by the genitals--it was for his base.

A better take is this--Trump is just a septuagenarian conman suffering dementia and has no impulse control. I rememeber a year ago when all those conservatives out there were saying the wall was a "metaphor" that he we were taking him "literally and not seriously"....jokes on you--we're getting a wall, and you and I are paying for it....and the really funny part, conservatives now bend over backwards trying to justify it with xenophobia and conspiracy theories.

So much easier on your ego to claim it is a "strategy" than to admit you got scammed by a creepy uncle. And conservatives give folks on the left flak for "Safe Spaces". LOL.

Ah, let me help you. There is a difference between what people say in public and what is surreptitiously taped.

Don't remember hearing Trump say anything about teenagers.

Is there a reason for tying to make him sound even worse than he is?
  • 04-14-2019
    DaveWC
    Quote:

Ah, let me help you. There is a difference between what people say in public and what is surreptitiously taped.

Definitely. When unaware that they are being taped they often speak the truth about things that they'd lie about in public. Sexual assault is a good example. But if you listen to the Howard Stern tapes you'd realize that Trump isn't embarrassed to admit that he assaults women, he's a narcissist and damned proud of it. I'm sure he laughs that conservatives defend his right to assault women.
  • 04-14-2019
    QuiQuaeQuod
    Quote:

Quotes from him about Ivanka, his daughter:

Quote:

“Yeah, she’s really something, and what a beauty, that one. If I weren’t happily married and, ya know, her father….”

Quote:

“Is it wrong to be more sexually attracted to your own daughter than your wife?”
    Plus the stuff about the Miss Teen USA: https://www.politifact.com/wisconsin...ss-teen-usa-c/

No need to make him sound worse than he is, that's true. He wants to bang his daughter and likes to look at naked 15-16 year olds.
  • 04-14-2019
    Marc
    Quote:

Don't remember hearing Trump say anything about teenagers.

Indeed. What is said in private is what someone tends to really think. It isn't like it would be out of character--see his comments about his own daughter or Miss Teen USA.

So, what is with your need to apologize for him? Why not just feel the liberation that comes with admitting the man is a slimeball? It is there for all to see? What is with your need for a Safe Space in order to ignore the patently awful things the man actually says?

This is a man who can barely walk around his own golf courses, who spends most of the work week in a bathrobe in his "residence" watching TV....and actually works less than a WalMart greeter....and still has no impulse control, or ethics, and is still on an express train to dementia. If that makes it sound like the codger is living almost in a retirement home...he is...on your dime. What is with your need to defend him?
  • 04-14-2019
    Easy Riders
    Quote:

Indeed. What is said in private is what someone tends to really think. It isn't like it would be out of character--see his comments about his own daughter or Miss Teen USA.

So, what is with your need to apologize for him? Why not just feel the liberation that comes with admitting the man is a slimeball? It is there for all to see? What is with your need for a Safe Space in order to ignore the patently awful things the man actually says?

This is a man who can barely walk around his own golf courses, who spends most of the work week in a bathrobe in his "residence" watching TV....and actually works less than a WalMart greeter....and still has no impulse control, or ethics, and is still on an express train to dementia. If that makes it sound like the codger is living almost in a retirement home...he is...on your dime. What is with your need to defend him?

I don't defend him but I don't need to demonize him as you seem to feel the need to do.

Yes, the media would have you believe all sorts of things for dramatic effect.

Please supply the quotes about his daughter or Miss Teen USA that demonstrate Trump is a pedophile.

To me, reality is bad enough. It doesn't require exaggeration, as you seem compelled to do.
  • 04-15-2019
    Lombard
    Quote:

Is there a reason for trying to make him [Trump] sound even worse than he is?

That is impossible.
  • 04-15-2019
    Pilot321
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy69 View Post
    Hey, they wanted to be sanctuary cities.

Tell those mayors to man up. Choices have consequences.

^^^^^This. It shows the utter hypocrisy of Liberal/Progressives. If you are going to be a Sanctuary City and purposely violate Federal Law then why not be willing to accept illegal aliens? Or are these cities just virtue signaling with no truth behind it?
  • 04-15-2019
    nealric
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    ^^^^^This. It shows the utter hypocrisy of Liberal/Progressives. If you are going to be a Sanctuary City and purposely violate Federal Law then why not be willing to accept illegal aliens? Or are these cities just virtue signaling with no truth behind it?

That's just it. They are willing- those folks were coming to those cities regardless, and nobody thinks this is a punishment.

But they do think it's a weird abuse of power by the president to make it official policy. At the end of the day, it's not a serious policy- it's just a troll attempt, and it's sad we have leadership who cares more about trolling than effective governing.
  • 04-15-2019
    QuiQuaeQuod
    Quote:

If you are going to be a Sanctuary City and purposely violate Federal Law ...

Local authorities are under no obligation to enforce FEDERAL law. They are not violating federal law, just not enforcing it.

But if you want to provide an example of where they actually violate a federal law, give an example or three of the action, and the law it violates. That would be evidence for your claim.
  • 04-15-2019
    rufus
    Quote:

Originally Posted by nealric View Post
    That's just it. They are willing- those folks were coming to those cities regardless, and nobody thinks this is a punishment.

But they do think it's a weird abuse of power by the president to make it official policy. At the end of the day, it's not a serious policy- it's just a troll attempt, and it's sad we have leadership who cares more about trolling than effective governing.

Not to mention the taxpayer dollars wasted doing this this.

Waste and fraud, thought Republicans were against this?
  • 04-15-2019
    Doctor Falsetti
    Quote:

So much wrong with this post.

Sanctuary cities are not "violating Federal law"

Trump has not been clear but it appears he wants to dump asylum seekers not "Illegal aliens". If he did dump Illegal aliens he would be violating Federal law.

What is virtue signaling? Some Incel talking point?
  • 04-15-2019
    troutmd
    Quote:

The United States Constitution's Tenth Amendment offers jurisdictions (states and cities) the right not to enforce federal statutes. This “anti-commandeering doctrine” has been affirmed by the Supreme Court in several cases dating back to 1842.
  • 04-15-2019
    rufus
    Quote:

Originally Posted by troutmd View Post
    The United States Constitution's Tenth Amendment offers jurisdictions (states and cities) the right not to enforce federal statutes. This “anti-commandeering doctrine” has been affirmed by the Supreme Court in several cases dating back to 1842.

Like, isn't the Federal Speed Limit still 55?
  • 04-15-2019
    Pilot321
    Quote:

Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post
    Local authorities are under no obligation to enforce FEDERAL law. They are not violating federal law, just not enforcing it.

But if you want to provide an example of where they actually violate a federal law, give an example or three of the action, and the law it violates. That would be evidence for your claim.

There has been instances where the Mayor of a city has blatantly refused to cooperate with Federal authorities in their attempt to enforce Federal Law. Oakland comes to mind as one example. That is obstruction of justice.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2018/03/20/why-oakland-sanctuary-city-editorials-debates/33121703/
  • 04-15-2019
    Easy Riders
    Quote:

Originally Posted by troutmd View Post

This is flat not true. It has been ruled on by the Supreme Court many times that "States Rights" do not include the right to ignore Federal Law.

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supremacy_Clause
  • 04-15-2019
    Coolhand
    Moderators Note
    Quote:

Immigration is a complex issue that both major parties, and many countries have struggled with. There are wide gulfs in approaches and narratives, each with its own merit.

Except for that post. That was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over the line. That was "Sir, this an Arby's level" of no good.

Please take this timeout as an opportunity to rethink your approach to political discourse.