Dead, not Dead. Dead, not Dead. Dead, out jogging...now DEAD!!!
    Opus was just napping

Dead, not Dead. Dead, not Dead. Dead, out jogging...now DEAD!!!

If anything can be believed about Yas, at this time it seems the Arafat has hit the fan.

My hope is that a nasty surprise awaits him on the other side.
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

Palm trees & sunshine!
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsmybush
    If anything can be believed about Yas, at this time it seems the Arafat has hit the fan.

My hope is that a nasty surprise awaits him on the other side.
    The world is a better place today.

banned
    New movie idea from Rush - "Weekend at Yasser's"

Quiet, daddy's drinking

I heard Rushs movie idea yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Live Steam
    New movie idea from Rush - "Weekend at Yasser's"

He of course had to throw in an attack on the "liberals". I figured the movie idea would not fly because it would be too short. Two minutes into the action they drag Yasser onto the beach, the Isreali jets come over and . . . . nothing left but a crater.

So what type of power vacuum is left without Arafat. Will his death result in a Palastinien civil war or is it finally time to make everyone come to the table and bludgeon a solution into their heads?
    Just because you won't listen to reason does not mean I have to listen to idiocy.

No collusion with the delusion

“Nationalism always breaks its promises because nationalists hate enemies in their countries more than they hate the enemies of their countries" The Guardian.

banned
    What is the alternative? The guy died. So maybe there will be a power vacuum or the reasonable Palestinian leader who have been trying to come to the fore will finally get a say in the direction those poor people get to go. I am sure you think it's some sort of RW conspiracy.

It seems as if the tide is really turning against evil, terror and despotism. Oh that's right, the libs look at Yasser as a hero of the people, even though he was a murderous, theiving thug. Gee, do you think the old bugger revealed the accounts where he has all his plundered millions hidden?

Opus was just napping
    What is the alternative? The guy died. So maybe there will be a power vacuum or the reasonable Palestinian leader who have been trying to come to the fore will finally get a say in the direction those poor people get to go. I am sure you think it's some sort of RW conspiracy.

It seems as if the tide is really turning against evil, terror and despotism. Oh that's right, the libs look at Yasser as a hero of the people, even though he was a murderous, theiving thug. Gee, do you think the old bugger revealed the accounts where he has all his plundered millions hidden?

Can you point out which "Lib" that is. Because this "lib" is glad he is dead. So no "that's NOT RIGHT" we LIBS DO NOT look at him as a hero. Rather, we are intelligent to know that he stole well in excess of a billion dollars from his people while the people he led lived in squalor. That is a shameful statement you made STEAM and you should retract it.

As for what might happen, the cronies that have been following him around want one thing. The Billion plus dollars, they could care less about their people. So yes expect some violence, some bombs etc.
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

banned
    Maybe you're not a real lib like Chirac How about reading his obit in the NY Times. They seem to be mourning his loss.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/10/in...er=rssuserland

Slow-poke
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsmybush
    Can you point out which "Lib" that is. Because this "lib" is glad he is dead.
    It seems to me that he meant "lib" in the pejorative sense, like the stereotype of "lib"'s. As a progressive person I took no offense. Additionally, I agree that most liberals look at "Easy" Arafat as a hero. most people of all persuasions have little appreciation of history. I am talking about anything more then two years old. ;)
    Catchup contains natural mellowing agents that help you take your mind off the darker side of things. - Catchup Advisory Board

Opus was just napping

Red face

Maybe you're not a real lib like Chirac How about reading his obit in the NY Times. They seem to be mourning his loss.

Nice excuse STEAM.
    But your constant yammering about how "libs" are always on the wrong side gets more and more tiresome.

The election is over, your side won. Now how about joining us here in humanity, recognize the occasional mistake and quit the "no quarter given" stance for a while.

Sad.

Quiet, daddy's drinking

Right wing conspiracy?

Who the hell said anything about the libs liking this guy? Geez I just advocated blowing his corpse into little pieces. Conspiracy from the right wing, well maybe now that you mention it, of course the only ones that are mentioning it are from the right wing so it MUST be true. As usual someone asks a simple qustion, the right responds with an attack and no answer on the issue. Why don't you crawl back up Rush rectum and let the adults discuss the issues.
    Just because you won't listen to reason does not mean I have to listen to idiocy.

No collusion with the delusion

“Nationalism always breaks its promises because nationalists hate enemies in their countries more than they hate the enemies of their countries" The Guardian.

banned
    Maybe you and TMB are not really libs

MIAMI (AFP) - Former US President Jimmy Carter called Yasser Arafat (news - web sites) "a powerful human symbol and forceful advocate" who united Palestinians in their pursuit of a homeland.

AFP/File Photo

"Yasser Arafat's death marks the end of an era and will no doubt be painfully felt by Palestinians throughout the Middle East and elsewhere in the world," Carter said.

"He was the father of the modern Palestinian nationalist movement. A powerful human symbol and forceful advocate, Palestinians united behind him in their pursuit of a homeland," he said in a statement distributed by his Atlanta, Georgia-based Carter Center.

He said that while Arafat provided "indispensable leadership to a revolutionary movement" and played a key role in forging a peace agreement with Israel in 1993, he was excluded from negotiations in recent years.

"My hope is that an emerging Palestinian leadership can benefit from Arafat's experiences, be welcomed to the peace process by (Israeli) Prime Minister (Ariel) Sharon and (US) President (George W.) Bush, and be successful in helping to forge a Palestinian state living in harmony with their Israeli neighbors," Carter said.

Both Carter and Arafat are Nobel peace prize laureates.

Arafat, who died at a Paris hospital early Thursday, was to be buried at his West Bank headquarters after a military funeral ceremony in Cairo Friday.

Carter "will not be attending the funeral," said Jon Moor, a Carter Center spokesman.

Shirtcocker
    politicians have to say that stuff. at least Carter knew the value of foreign relations even if they conflicted with the views the US had at the time.

...what did you buddy W say about it?

The death of Yasser Arafat is a significant moment in Palestinian history. We express our condolences to the Palestinian people. For the Palestinian people, we hope that the future will bring peace and the fulfillment of their aspirations for an independent, democratic Palestine that is at peace with its neighbors. During the period of transition that is ahead, we urge all in the region and throughout the world to join in helping make progress toward these goals and toward the ultimate goal of peace. --GDUBYA

Nicely written politician's answer that was...and he had to throw in the democracy thing again. We get it George...you're big on democracy.
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

Arrogant roadie.....

And this just in.......

.....Yasser Arafat is still dead!
    We are the 801
    We are the central shaft

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Stohler
    .....Yasser Arafat is still dead!
    DEAD PERSON: I'm not dead!
    CART MASTER: What?
    CUSTOMER: Nothing. Here's your ninepence.
    DEAD PERSON: I'm not dead!
    CART MASTER: 'Ere. He says he's not dead!
    CUSTOMER: Yes, he is.
    DEAD PERSON: I'm not!
    CART MASTER: He isn't?
    CUSTOMER: Well, he will be soon. He's very ill.
    DEAD PERSON: I'm getting better!
    CUSTOMER: No, you're not. You'll be stone dead in a moment.
    CART MASTER: Oh, I can't take him like that. It's against regulations.
    DEAD PERSON: I don't want to go on the cart!
    CUSTOMER: Oh, don't be such a baby.
    CART MASTER: I can't take him.
    DEAD PERSON: I feel fine!
    CUSTOMER: Well, do us a favour.
    CART MASTER: I can't.
    CUSTOMER: Well, can you hang around a couple of minutes? He won't be long.
    CART MASTER: No, I've got to go to the Robinsons'. They've lost nine today.
    CUSTOMER: Well, when's your next round?
    CART MASTER: Thursday.
    DEAD PERSON: I think I'll go for a walk.
    CUSTOMER: You're not fooling anyone, you know. Look. Isn't there something you can do?
    DEAD PERSON: [singing] I feel happy. I feel happy. [WHOP!!!!!!!!!]
    CUSTOMER: Ah, thanks very much.
    CART MASTER: Not at all. See you on Thursday.
    CUSTOMER: Right. All right. [howl] [clop clop clop] Who's that, then?
    CART MASTER: I dunno. Must be a king.
    CUSTOMER: Why?
    CART MASTER: He hasn't got sh*t all over him.
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

banned
    One of my favorite

Jan 2004

Chirac's party is the Christian Democrats. They are the Republicans or the right wing party of France. To say that Chirac is a liberal is like saying that Bush is a Democrat. Europe in general has almost always sided with the palestinians in their conflict against israel to establish a homeland. This has been the prevailing position from the far right to the far left political parties in Europe. In fact, the US is either the only or one of the very few countries in the world that currently supports israel over the palestinians. I'm not trying to defend either side. I'm just saying that the israeli palestinian issue cannot be separated into right wing and left wing camps. In fact, there are many Republicans in congress who vocally oppose US support for israel.