Everyone plays their Fair share, Everyone gets a Fair Shot... what about Obama???
    Idiot at large
    Apr 2010

Everyone plays their Fair share, Everyone gets a Fair Shot... what about Obama???

As president, he gets something like $400K salary.... since he should lead by example:

How much should Obama pay in federal income taxes to pay his fair share? I am not talking about percentage, but actual dollars

To help ensure everyone gets a fair shot....shouldn't his 2 daughters go to Washington DC public school? Is it fair that his daughters go to private school?
    2010 Specialized Secteur Elite with the RBR not-approved Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheelset
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Comp 29er upgraded to SRAM X9 with 1x10 and Stan's Arch EX rims and tubeless.
    2013 Cannondale CAADX-6 Tiagra with 9-speed SLX RD to run 11-32T cassette and Stan's Alpha 400 rims and tubeless
    and
    Some Burton snowboard setups, one with stiff ol' Camber and one with Rocker-Camber-Rocker

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tednugent View Post
    As president, he gets something like $400K salary.... since he should lead by example:

How much should Obama pay in federal income taxes to pay his fair share? I am not talking about percentage, but actual dollars

To help ensure everyone gets a fair shot....shouldn't his 2 daughters go to Washington DC public school? Is it fair that his daughters go to private school?
    In 2009 he paid $1,792,414 in federal income tax, is that enough of an example? Has anyone said anybody should be prohibited from utilizing private education? Put down the bottle.

RoadBikeReview Member

Define fair
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

Idiot at large
    Apr 2010
    Ask Obama what he defines as fair.

private education around the DC area puts kids at an unfair advantage against kids who go to DC's public school system. .... Everyone gets a fair shot...

these are Obama's continued rhetoric. He should define what is considered to be fair income after taxes, and how everyone gets a fair opportunity...

Maybe it's a equal playing field, that everyone has to live off of say... $50k annually.... we won't know until Obama defines his rhetoric.
    2010 Specialized Secteur Elite with the RBR not-approved Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheelset
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Comp 29er upgraded to SRAM X9 with 1x10 and Stan's Arch EX rims and tubeless.
    2013 Cannondale CAADX-6 Tiagra with 9-speed SLX RD to run 11-32T cassette and Stan's Alpha 400 rims and tubeless
    and
    Some Burton snowboard setups, one with stiff ol' Camber and one with Rocker-Camber-Rocker

RoadBikeReview Member
    Ask Obama what he defines as fair.

private education around the DC area puts kids at an unfair advantage against kids who go to DC's public school system. .... Everyone gets a fair shot...

these are Obama's continued rhetoric. He should define what is considered to be fair income after taxes, and how everyone gets a fair opportunity...

Maybe it's a equal playing field, that everyone has to live off of say... $50k annually.... we won't know until Obama defines his rhetoric.
    As a tax payer I'm glad we don't have to spend huge piles of Secret Service tax dollars protecting the President's children at public schools. In fact, I commend the President for keeping his children out of the public spotlight.

Is it fair that every child born today owes over $50,000 in national debt?
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

Covfefe

If the Obamas pay to send their kids to school wherever they want with their own money then what's the issue?
    "Itís hard to win an argument with a smart person, but itís damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." - Bill Murray

Idiot at large
    Apr 2010
    think about the kids in the DC public school system... they won't get a fair opportunity like Obama's kids (or any Capital Hill kids)....

This is Obama's rheteric:

Everyone pays their fair share
    Everyone gets their fair equal opportunity....

the education system between public and private, especially public schools there their quality is poor, despite the money you poor into it...well, it's no where near the same level.

Again, I ask... what's Obama idea of his fairness?

Note, he's not going to state it anytime soon, because it opens the door for a lot more scrutiny/attacks.

for example... Herman cain, imo, he started to surge ahead when he unveilled his 999 plan. This shows he has real vision, but it left the door wide open for scrutiny/attacks from all his opponents, liberals and his GOP rivals. During the initial time, Mitt Romney was really blasting into the 999 plan, even though he had no plan of his own...
    and

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    think about the kids in the DC public school system... they won't get a fair opportunity like Obama's kids (or any Capital Hill kids)....

This is Obama's rheteric:

Everyone pays their fair share
    Everyone gets their fair equal opportunity....

the education system between public and private, especially public schools there their quality is poor, despite the money you poor into it...well, it's no where near the same level.

Again, I ask... what's Obama idea of his fairness?

Note, he's not going to state it anytime soon, because it opens the door for a lot more scrutiny/attacks.

for example... Herman cain, imo, he started to surge ahead when he unveilled his 999 plan. This shows he has real vision, but it left the door wide open for scrutiny/attacks from all his opponents, liberals and his GOP rivals. During the initial time, Mitt Romney was really blasting into the 999 plan, even though he had no plan of his own...
    Obama is a resident of Chicago, he pays property taxes in Chicago, he votes in Chicago and he pays income tax in Illinois. He doesn't pay for DC public schools, he doesn't pay rent or property tax in DC, he doesn't vote for the DC mayor, council or school board. It would be unfair of him to burden DC residents with the cost of educating his children.

This bogus stance you're assigning to Obama, that all kids should go to the same schools, is an illusion of your own making.

feelin' Freddie Mercury
    I'm just wondering which talk radio program or Faux News show Ted listened to in order to come up with this interesting take on matters.
    Monkhouse: I want to go like my Dad did Ė peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

System: Fake news?? Trump's a Fake President, for God's sake.

Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

Homer: I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind

Opus was just napping

Attached Images Attached Images
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

RoadBikeReview Member
    tednugent: How much should Obama pay in federal income taxes to pay his fair share? I am not talking about percentage, but actual dollars

How can you ask about a fair share of payment without knowing his income? Are you really that dense or just grasping at straws (as the pictures above shows)?

He paid 1.8M or about 31%. At least his tax rates resembles that of the average American. It seems fair to me, although I would prefer to see more at this income level.

Romney's tax rate was about 13.9% (on a 21M income) and many people far richer than Obama and Romney and many businesses making billions of dollars pay no taxes.

Are you starting to grasp the concept of fair?
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SL singlespeed
    KHS Team 29
    KHS CX 550 Cross
    S-Works Roubaix SL3 Dura Ace
    Pake French 75 track