Everything But Guns Are the Problem* - Page 11
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontact View Post
    I think the causes of violence should be studied. But I don't think it is science when you put the word "gun" in front of it and pretend that kind of violence is biologically different.

I would similarly be critical if the NTSB wanted to study road rage, but only by people driving trucks.

The Dickey amendment was stupid. So is calling "gun violence" a disease as if the cure is just removing the first word from the name.
    Interesting but totally irrelevant to the point that the purpose of the Dickey amendment was to stifle research into gun violence as lobbied for by the NRA. And it was successful. Your earlier premise that the Justice Dept still did an enormous amount of research into gun violence was bullsh!t and now you're moving on to the idea that such research is unnecessary.

Happily absent RBR Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWC View Post
    Interesting but totally irrelevant to the point that the purpose of the Dickey amendment was to stifle research into gun violence as lobbied for by the NRA.
    It was. But it didn't stifle research in a country with the largest research university system on earth. It was a gesture, not an actual impediment.
    Get a better saddle: www.kontactbike.com

RoadBikeReview Member
    Not sure either what that has to do with what you quoted, nor can I tell what metric you're using.
    exactly, I was replying in kind.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwisimon View Post
    exactly, I was replying in kind.
    Most of your posts seem like personal sniping, rather than an offer of opinion or fact related to the topic. I'm not sure what sort of response you think you're going to get from your brand of post, so I'm taking a moment to explain why I am unlikely to reply to you again. It isn't that I am unable to answer your posts or read them, I just don't participate on forums to discuss forum members. I participate to be able to discuss topics of interest.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Personal sniping? Can you direct me to a post where I haven't offered an opinion? I was gracious enough to point out to you in the thread that got you banned that you appear to be susceptible troll bait. I will repeat it again here, opinions aren't necessarily winnable arguments. I posted about NRA revenue streams namely being from the gun industry, you replied that shooting sports is on the rise. What is the connection there? None, best I could make out, so in that vein I replied that in international shooting competitions (Rio Olympics) there were 5 other countries with better shooters than the US team.

If you take that as personal sniping the problem might not lie with my posts. peace, or as we say over here, "don't taze me bro', our cops are unarmed except some of them carry tazers.

Yes our cops are unarmed, and sometimes bad people use guns, we have a gun squad for them. Regular police personal don't want to carry arms so they don't. We have a heap of people that hunt and they all have guns, they have unregistered firearms, but the users are licensed. It seems to work for us in New Zealand.
    Japan has the same system but each weapon is also registered to each owner. When applying to the police for a weapons license they interview family and also require a medical certificate. Cops wear sidearms and it's rather intimidating dealing with cops that have the means to kill you in a millisecond. I very really argue speeding tickets. Never get personal with the cops either.

Weird that the so called home of the brave and the land of the free has a very narrow band of people that that applies to. The rest seem dependent on weapons or religion to prop up their sense of utopia. Perhaps their fears are being manipulated by a very clever gun industry and their lackeys in the government? Perhaps this is a form of tyranny that needs to be pushed back against?

I posted about NRA revenue streams namely being from the gun industry, you replied that shooting sports is on the rise. What is the connection there? None, best I could make out, so in that vein I replied that in international shooting competitions (Rio Olympics) there were 5 other countries with better shooters than the US team.
    You posted about several things, including:
    Add to that a serious lack of training due to there being no well regulated militias independent of gov't control and you basically have a well armed circle jerk being fluffed by the gun industry. And like must circle jerks it kinda feels good even if they know it's something Jesus wouldn't approve of.
    To which I replied:
    Actually, firearms training and shooting sports have never been so popular as they are now.
    By which I was pointing out that many gun owners have recently invested themselves in learning to shoot well.

And then you replied with a list of countries that apparently have better shooters, but you didn't say what kind of shooters in what sports or other pursuit. Apparently you meant Olympic level shooters, not club amateurs. Which is an odd response given that we were talking about military type training.

Most of what you have to say seems to be about how poorly you regard Americans. Okay.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Most of what you have to say seems to be about how poorly you regard Americans. Okay.
    Just the ones that think God ordained the ownership of guns. Think about that kind of fanaticism.
    Is that new testament or old?

Just the ones that think God ordained the ownership of guns. Think about that kind of fanaticism.
    Is that new testament or old?
    I don't know where you get your information, but that isn't an American thing.

It sounds like a stereotype, but not one I have ever heard.

xxl
    Most of your posts seem like personal sniping, rather than an offer of opinion or fact related to the topic. I'm not sure what sort of response you think you're going to get from your brand of post, so I'm taking a moment to explain why I am unlikely to reply to you again. It isn't that I am unable to answer your posts or read them, I just don't participate on forums to discuss forum members. I participate to be able to discuss topics of interest.
    And yet...

Read this: http://forums.roadbikereview.com/pol...ml#post4962292

This will also be useful to you: General Forum Usage

I'll even free up some extra time for you to do so.
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

"Oh my god. This is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. Im fd.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011