Extreme abortion laws - Page 5
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 304
  1. #101
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    614
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Falsetti View Post
    This idiot, who is an Alabama GOP Rep, said most rapes "were date rapes or consensual rapes". He should have no say in what the women of Alabama do with their bodies......but he does. He voted for the bill.

    NY just passed a bill legalizing late term abortion in cases when a women’s “health or life” is in danger. The addition of “health” was a taunt and this was the reaction.

  2. #102
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    11,935
    Quote Originally Posted by fishtanker View Post
    NY just passed a bill legalizing late term abortion in cases when a women’s “health or life” is in danger. The addition of “health” was a taunt and this was the reaction.
    If anyone is allergic to bullsh!t they may have a lethal reaction.
    Blows your hair back.

  3. #103
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    13,930
    Quote Originally Posted by fishtanker View Post
    NY just passed a bill legalizing late term abortion in cases when a women’s “health or life” is in danger. The addition of “health” was a taunt and this was the reaction.
    Nonsense. The hate group that has been pushing this, and other, bills has been working on them for years. The first heartbeat bill to pass a state legislature was in North Dakota in 2013.

    Pretending this flood of bills is a reaction to NY's law is delusional. The Christian jihadi's are emboldened to push their extremism now that Bart is on SCOTUS.
    "If we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state. Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, however, we are unable to reach that judgment.”

    -Robert Mueller

  4. #104
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    614
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Falsetti View Post
    Nonsense. The hate group that has been pushing this, and other, bills has been working on them for years. The first heartbeat bill to pass a state legislature was in North Dakota in 2013.

    Pretending this flood of bills is a reaction to NY's law is delusional. The Christian jihadi's are emboldened to push their extremism now that Bart is on SCOTUS.
    North Dakota passed a heartbeat bill in 2013. I’m assuming that’s true.

    NY and VA pass late term abortion bills in 2018/19. 5 years later.

    Multiple states try to or pass heartbeat bills in 2019. 5 months later.

    Tell me again how it’s not reactionary?

  5. #105
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    13,930
    Quote Originally Posted by fishtanker View Post
    North Dakota passed a heartbeat bill in 2013. I’m assuming that’s true.

    NY and VA pass late term abortion bills in 2018/19. 5 years later.

    Multiple states try to or pass heartbeat bills in 2019. 5 months later.

    Tell me again how it’s not reactionary?
    You forgot about Arkansas in 2103, Ohio in 2016, and Wyoming in 2013.

    This is reaction to Bart being on SCOTUS. I already posted up thread an interview with the hate group that has been pushing them. They have been active for years and now, with Bart, they think they have a chance.

    NY has zero to do with it. Is that what they are feeding you in the echo chamber? Why can't conservatives to take responsibility for the actions of the deplorables? They have to blame someone else for their wacky bills.

    Personal responsibility.
    "If we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state. Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, however, we are unable to reach that judgment.”

    -Robert Mueller

  6. #106
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,531
    Quote Originally Posted by fishtanker View Post
    .

    I’m pretty pro abortion but that Twitter meme is ludicrous. Ironically it’s tantamount to eliminating men’s parental rights.
    I'm not sure where you got a twitter meme reference, as I don't actually use Twitter except during Defcon/Blackhat conferences.

    My opinions are my own and don't come from others. You cannot have it both ways... almost all of these any abortion bills have their roots in the religious right pushing the sanctity of life of the baby. The problem is, if you are using religion as the basis, then as I stated before hand, life does not start till the first breath is taken.

    If they argued the rights of the potential father, that is a different issue, and probably has more merit than any other argument they have put forth.

    If a couple decides to have a child, that is a decision they make together. The woman ultimately still gets to decide what she wants to do, but at that point, if they have made the decision, the odds of her choosing to have an abortion is minimal, and would more than likely be health related.

    If random guy, or birth control failure, or heat of the moment events occur, it is the women's decision on what she wants to do.

    Till you become an incubator, you don't get to decide what they do. Dead people have more rights than a woman these days. You can legislate what a woman can o with her body, but you cannot use a dead persons organs for a transplant without his express permission through organ donor enrollment... That is ****ed up right there. And lets not bullshit here, zero of these bills are about saving a baby, they are about control. Because once the child is born, those who support these bills don't give a rats ass about what happens to the child or the mother afterwards. Pass bills and legislation fixing the problems for the living first, till then.. shut the **** up.

  7. #107
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    614
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Falsetti View Post
    You forgot about Arkansas in 2103, Ohio in 2016, and Wyoming in 2013.

    This is reaction to Bart being on SCOTUS. I already posted up thread an interview with the hate group that has been pushing them. They have been active for years and now, with Bart, they think they have a chance.

    NY has zero to do with it. Is that what they are feeding you in the echo chamber? Why can't conservatives to take responsibility for the actions of the deplorables? They have to blame someone else for their wacky bills.

    Personal responsibility.
    So what was the reason NY and VA passed their bills during Trump and not Obama?

  8. #108
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    13,930
    Quote Originally Posted by fishtanker View Post
    So what was the reason NY and VA passed their bills during Trump and not Obama?
    Don't know. Don't care.

    No reasonable person thinks that if the NY law had not passed the Jihadists would have backed down. 8 states have passed so far this year, none are due to NY. The extremists have been working on this for years. It is why they supported Trump. It is why they rejoiced when Bart got his seat on the court. Blaming NY for jihad the extremists have been waging for years is absurd.
    "If we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state. Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, however, we are unable to reach that judgment.”

    -Robert Mueller

  9. #109
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    13,930
    An abortion bill was introduced today in "very librul" Washington. It is backed by Matt Shea the author of an Evangelical Holy War manifesto

    https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...ty-744850/amp/

    If only NY had not passed their law Matt the Nazi would not filed the bill.
    "If we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state. Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, however, we are unable to reach that judgment.”

    -Robert Mueller

  10. #110
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by duriel View Post
    ... so the guy that brought up the 10 commandments is in a fog?
    Not foggy around here. Billions of human beings still place value on the precepts embodied in the 10 Commandments.

    Although some think they are too sophisticated for such outdated concepts.

  11. #111
    Cycling Addict
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Falsetti View Post
    An abortion bill was introduced today in "very librul" Washington. It is backed by Matt Shea the author of an Evangelical Holy War manifesto

    https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...ty-744850/amp/

    If only NY had not passed their law Matt the Nazi would not filed the bill.

    Don't worry. That bill doesn't have a snowball's chance in Alabama of passing.
    Life is short... enjoy the ride.

  12. #112
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: troutmd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    23,812
    Freedom means being able to make decisions about your reproductive health based on what’s right for you.

    I trust a woman more then a politician, preacher, or a partisan to make that decision.
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

  13. #113
    [REDACTED]
    Reputation: Lombard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,178
    A woman's decision to have an abortion should be between the woman and her doctor. Law makers should not be dictating medical decisions. Period.
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

    “Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein



  14. #114
    Cycling Addict
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4,109
    If the "Christians" were so concerned about the right to life, then they would be passing bills ensuring prenatal care, health care, nutrition support and education for those children and their mothers. The fact that all they are doing is passing bills ensuring the "right to birth" shows that all they are concerned with is controlling women.

    If this is about the sperm donor's paternal rights, then in the case of unmarried couples the woman should be able to receive not just child support but payments for the loss of income that becoming a single mother entails.
    Life is short... enjoy the ride.

  15. #115
    tlg
    tlg is offline
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: tlg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    14,121
    Quote Originally Posted by bradkay View Post
    If the "Christians" were so concerned about the right to life
    They would care about the right to life for every student in this country.
    Because every student shot dead in their school had a heartbeat too.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

  16. #116
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: DaveWC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,605
    This just in...


  17. #117
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: troutmd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    23,812
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    A woman's decision to have an abortion should be between the woman and her doctor. Law makers should not be dictating medical decisions. Period.
    Instead, in Alabama, their bill would punish the doctor caring for the woman more then the man who raped her!

    So if a woman in the 3rd trimester faces death unless the fetus is aborted, but the law prohibits this and the woman died, is the fetus an accomplish to murder?
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

  18. #118
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: nayr497's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookiebiker View Post
    It's easy:

    Guns are good (they are fun)
    Babies are good (the are cute)
    Killing people after they are born is good (people in jail are bad people)
    Killing people with guns in schools is good (increases gun sales)
    Supporting babies after the born is bad (socialism)

    What don't you get?
    This is very sadly a perfect description of how "conservatives" in 2019 operate and think.

    The people championing these outrageous anti-abortion laws are nothing less than an extreme threat to basic human rights in the United States. This isn't about saving lives or Christian beliefs or morality, it is ALL about the desire to control women & their bodies. The politicians pushing for these should be removed from office and punished as direct threats to the basic safety of American women.

  19. #119
    Cycling Addict
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4,109
    The GOP is all about re-asserting white male privilege.
    Life is short... enjoy the ride.

  20. #120
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,531
    Quote Originally Posted by bradkay View Post
    The GOP is all about re-asserting white male privilege.
    It's not even just that.. it is straight up dominance over a women's body. I say equal rights.. for every guy who things he has the right over what a woman does with her body, a woman has the right to decide what happens to his body.. I see many GOP Eunuchs in our future... Which might not be a bad thing in the long run for everyone and the planet...

  21. #121
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Oxtox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    10,419
    Quote Originally Posted by bradkay View Post
    The GOP is all about re-asserting white male privilege.
    exactly...gotta keep the swarthy types and women subservient.

    'cause god is an old white dude, ya know...
    Ancient Astronaut theorists say, 'YES!'

  22. #122
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: davesupra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,460
    Quote Originally Posted by ljvb View Post
    As far as abortion.. well, a I don't subscribe to the Christian beliefs seeing as I am Jewish. However, both Christian and Jewish texts pretty much state, assuming you believe that stuff, that life begins after the first breath is taken.
    You haven't studied the texts then. When God "breathes" life into you, it's doesn't have anything to do with physical air. The hebrew word המשנ that gets translated into breath actually means a persons spirit or soul.


    Quote Originally Posted by ljvb View Post
    Long story short.. men have absolutely no say in what a woman does to her body, and should shut the **** up.
    It's interesting that if you don't have a uterus you can't have an opinion on womens issues, but you can compete in womens sports.
    "The American people elected Donald Trump as the President of the United States, and not Hillary. I don't think the left is taking this loss as well as they could have"...

  23. #123
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    13,930
    Quote Originally Posted by davesupra View Post

    It's interesting that if you don't have a uterus you can't have an opinion on womens issues
    Opinion? The old guys passing these stupid laws have gone far past just having an opinion.

    You don't really think this is just about having an opinion do you?
    "If we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state. Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, however, we are unable to reach that judgment.”

    -Robert Mueller

  24. #124
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,531
    Quote Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    You haven't studied the texts then. When God "breathes" life into you, it's doesn't have anything to do with physical air. The hebrew word המשנ that gets translated into breath actually means a persons spirit or soul.




    It's interesting that if you don't have a uterus you can't have an opinion on womens issues, but you can compete in womens sports.


    Where did I say you could not have an opinion. What I said is you don't get a say in what they do. I have the opinion that says you are more than welcome to your beliefs, and follow them, but when you say I have to believe in your beliefs, I say **** you.

    ps.. by you, I mean the royal you, not you as a person. That is my response to all those religious *******s who show up at my door causing my dog to go nuts.. Actually I usually just say the last time your savoir met my people, it did not end well for him, then I close the door.

  25. #125
    DBT
    DBT is offline
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,306
    Quote Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    You haven't studied the texts then. When God "breathes" life into you, it's doesn't have anything to do with physical air. The hebrew word המשנ that gets translated into breath actually means a persons spirit or soul.
    I need to learn dead languages to understand what an omniscient deity is trying to tell me? Seems that he could send a properly translated copy so that everyone could easily understand it.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Abortion: Mother sues after failed abortion
    By tednugent in forum Politics Only
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-03-2013, 07:27 PM
  2. Extreme Power VS Extreme C
    By colnago_ed in forum Colnago
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-23-2007, 12:21 PM
  3. Howard Dean on abortion
    By ClydeTri in forum Politics Only
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 03-05-2005, 07:16 AM
  4. Someone on the abortion thread brought up
    By Flip Flash in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-25-2004, 11:38 AM
  5. Understanding Abortion.
    By Flip Flash in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 03-24-2004, 11:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.