Gallup: Trump job approval drops to 37% - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    feh
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by troutmd View Post
    For comparison, Reagan was a 35% approval entering his 3rd year as Prez.
    I assume that was largely because of the economy. Trump is in the crapper despite a strong economy.
    What's the Matter with Kansas?

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Quote Originally Posted by feh View Post
    I assume that was largely because of the economy. Trump is in the crapper despite a strong economy.
    Depends on how you define "strong".

Also...given that 2019 is the first year the Trump tax cuts and raises really bite...some people may have more of an opinion.
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

feelin' Freddie Mercury
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    OTOH when that crook Nixon was run out of office, he still had 30% approval IIRC.
    Yup, there are always dead-enders, and Trump will have his too, even if he winds up wearing a cute orange jumpsuit.

Monkhouse: I want to go like my Dad did – peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

System: Fake news?? Trump's a Fake President, for God's sake.

Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

Homer: I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    Trump approval is at 41% in Texas.

Texas.

feelin' Freddie Mercury
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Falsetti View Post
    Trump approval is at 41% in Texas.

Texas.
    They'll still find a way to vote for him come 2020. Texas is still about a decade away from sanity.

The election will be decided in the Rust Belt, and in Florida, North Carolina, Arizona, and possibly (longshot) Georgia. Texas won't be a purple state for a couple of Presidential elections yet, though it will happen.
    Monkhouse: I want to go like my Dad did – peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    They'll still find a way to vote for him come 2020. Texas is still about a decade away from sanity.

The election will be decided in the Rust Belt, and in Florida, North Carolina, Arizona, and possibly (longshot) Georgia. Texas won't be a purple state for a couple of Presidential elections yet, though it will happen.
    As a Texan, I agree that we aren't ready to go blue yet, but I think Texas may be getting to the point where Trump will be forced to campaign here- which is a big deal. Beto got 48% of the vote for Senate, and I think he could get similar numbers for president if he were on top of the Democratic ticket. A sub 5% difference in a must-win state would demand a lot of campaign spending and time, which would divert efforts from the midwest and Florida.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    The majority of American know Trump is a lying crook

https://www.people-press.org/2019/03...-nationalists/

69% say Trump is not even-tempered
    64% of Americans say that Trump definitely or probably done something illegal while in office or when he was running for president
    72% think Trump definitely or probably has done something unethical

Ricardo Cabeza

64% of Americans say that Trump definitely or probably done something illegal while in office or when he was running for president
    America's premier political polling organization disagrees with you:

Trump Approval Index History - Rasmussen Reports®
    Whenever the legislators endeavour to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience, and are left to the common refuge which God hath provided for all men against force and violence - John Locke

SuperAndy's Garage

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy69 View Post

Hahahaha Rasmussen Reports,the echo chamber's favorite pollster

Meanwhile, in Michigan only 31% would vote for Trump
    https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...ll/3095850002/

Sad. Failing. Loser.

Rub it............

This shows that Dems disapprove of Trump. Of course they will because their golden girl Shillary lost.

Majority of Repubs approve of Trump.

Goes both ways. I'm sure it was flipped when Obummer was in office.
    You can't fix stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeDaddio

I kind of wish it were legal to staple people in the face.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by frdfandc View Post
    This shows that Dems disapprove of Trump. Of course they will because their golden girl Shillary lost.

But, but, but Hillary!

It is naive to pretend that 31% support in a key swing state is normal but feel free to ignore reality

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by frdfandc View Post

And when you look at the who public, Independents, Republicans, and Democrats

64 percent of Americans said that Mr. Trump has "definitely" or "probably" done something illegal
    72 percent that he has "definitely" or "probably" done something unethical
    56 percent say Trump wasn’t exonerated
    59 percent say it's too soon to say whether Trump had been cleared of illegal activity “in the Russia matter”

And when you aggregate all the polls, Trump's approval is 42%
    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/

This all shows, America as a whole, disapprove of Trump
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    Anybody but Trump in Pennsylvania

https://emersonpolling.reportablenew...neral-election

RoadBikeReview Member
    So those are voter "Numbers" ... how does that work in the electoral college?

As has been proven by the last two GOP presidents ... you don't need to win the popular vote and can actually be a few % points down to win the Electoral College.

It's nice to see "Anybody but Trump", but that only works in Electoral votes, not general population votes.
    Snakebit: "How many times do I have to tell you that I don't have a source? I don't make a note of everything I see or hear on the internet and you don't have to take my word for it."

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookiebiker View Post

As has been proven by the last two GOP presidents ... you don't need to win the popular vote and can actually be a few % points down to win the Electoral College.

It's nice to see "Anybody but Trump", but that only works in Electoral votes, not general population votes.
    You want certitude, there isn't any.

Mathematically speaking, one only needs to poll 21%ish nationally to carry an outright victory in the Electoral College. 21% nationally, done correctly, is equivalent to winning 50%+1 vote in the right (overvalued) states to get 270 EC votes. That particular scenario is, of course, very unlikely...but that it is possible at all means that GOP candidates are easily within the realm of possibility of winning, even the Nixons and Trumps of the world.
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

feelin' Freddie Mercury
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy69 View Post

Rasmussen's a bit of a joke, Andrew. It's the poll the right-wingers always quote because its results are always skewed about 5-7 points or more towards what righties want to hear/believe is the case than most any other poll out there (except maybe Harris).

In other words, 'consistent outlier poll'. Or 'out-LIAR poll', if you prefer.

Their business model must be interesting. "Accuracy in polling? Nah. Just tell a segment of the voting public what they want to hear."

In any case, your guy Trump's* approval ratings have generally been in the low-40s throughout his term. And that's WITH a good economy giving him a huge tailwind at his back.

* Yup, your-guy-Trump, even though you say you voted for Gary Johnson. 'Cuz you sure do spend a lot of time defending and covering for Donnie even so.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    Multiple polls have Trump dropping 6% points since Barr's lie filled letter. He is at the lowest point since his Nazi's are good people comments.

It is not just Americans who think Trump is a idiot. Change in confidence in US president from Obama in 2016 to Trump in 2018 (Pew)

Germany: -76%
    Sweden: -76%
    France: -75%
    Canada: -58%
    Australia: -52%
    UK: -51%
    Japan: -48%
    Russia: +8%

Sad. Failing. Loser.
    "If we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state. Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, however, we are unable to reach that judgment.”

-Robert Mueller

RoadBikeReview Member
    Well ... his unwavering, uneducated, base that doesn't read anything unless it comes from FOX news, Brietbart, Inforwars, etc. will never leave him.

He is literally Anti-Christ ... in that he's the exact opposite of Christ:

• Steal from the poor and give to the rich
    • Take care of the rich and let the poor suffer and die
    • Make everything self serving instead of being selfless
    • Everybody else can die for him instead of him dying for everybody

He's leading "HIS" people into the path of slaughter instead of prosperity and they can't see it due to hubris.

Kind of like the frog in a pot story: Put a frog in a boiling pot and it will jump out ... put him in a cool pot and slowly warm it up, it will not jump out, it will die never knowing what happened.
    Snakebit: "How many times do I have to tell you that I don't have a source? I don't make a note of everything I see or hear on the internet and you don't have to take my word for it."

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Well ... his unwavering, uneducated, base that doesn't read anything unless it comes from FOX news, Brietbart, Inforwars, etc. will never leave him.

He is literally Anti-Christ ... in that he's the exact opposite of Christ:
    Well to be fair.... a very large portion of proclaimed Christians are the opposite of Christ.

Always struct me as odd.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tlg View Post
    Well to be fair.... a very large portion of proclaimed Christians are the opposite of Christ.

Always struct me as odd.
    Very true ... the "Prosperity Christians" are leading the way toward their own damnation ... and everybody else for that matter.

Something tells me Christ wasn't in it for the money, didn't foresee preachers needing 4 jets (some costing 60 million dollars) to spread his word ... especially in a day when there is instant communication around the world.

When/if the rapture comes ... there are going to be a lot of "VERY" disappointed Christians ... LOL

RoadBikeReview Member
    Trump - the gift that keeps on giving.

Remember - he won the White House because 0.001% of the votes (~34,000) in three northern states decided their government no longer cared about them. Do 2019 Democrats care about you?

* When they campaign for strengthening Obamacare - not just repeal it?

* When they campaign on more affordable education for the public - not more expensive education?

* When they campaign on reforming Social Security so it stays around past 2035 - or doing nothing so SS dies?
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Trump - the gift that keeps on giving.

Remember - he won the White House because 0.001% of the votes (~34,000) in three northern states decided their government no longer cared about them.
    Sanders releases internal poll showing lead over Trump in PA, WI and MI 4/22/19

WASHINGTON—Vermont Independent Sen. Bernie Sanders' campaign is releasing new internal polling that shows him leading President Donald Trump in hypothetical matchups in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania.

According to the internal data released to reporters by the campaign, Sanders is up by double-digits in Michigan and Wisconsin (by 11 points and 10 points respectively), and leads in Pennsylvania by 8 points.
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

Cycling Addict
    Nov 2013

Well, considering that poll is just for Pennsylvania, it shows that Trump is likely to lose the electoral votes for that state - which, IIRC, is one that he won in 2016.
    Life is short... enjoy the ride.

gazing from the shadows
    ...internal poll ...
    Yeah, well, we know how internal polling works. They release the good ones, and they don't release the bad ones. I looked at a news report, and the release from the polling firm.

400 per state, so almost a 5% moe. Online methodology, "collecting data via online panels that were then matched to the voter file"...with not a lot of details on sample selection available. How did they get people into the panels, and was that a representative method for doing so? They don't report party ID, nor gender or race of the sample, so we can't even figure if it was close to the actual composition of the state, much less voters in that state. They go into a lot of subgroup analysis, which given the small sample size and the EVEN SMALLER size of any subgroup in the sample, is weak at best.

There are no other head to head match ups in the poll, so we can't see how much of this is generic D and how much is Sanders specific.

Other than showing Trump is likely weak, at the moment, in those states... not much to hang a hat on here. And my impression is the pollster is doing everything they can to massage the message.
    Stout beers under trees, please.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post
    Yeah, well, we know how internal polling works.
    I thought you actually did a little homework before making a post.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/wisconsin/

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...n-in-wisconsin

Disappointed in you my friend.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast