Gallup: Trump job approval drops to 37% - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bradkay View Post
    Well, considering that poll is just for Pennsylvania, it shows that Trump is likely to lose the electoral votes for that state - which, IIRC, is one that he won in 2016.
    The carnival huckster is not doing well elsewhere two. Take Florida (with a few EC votes) for example:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...eelection-poll
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

gazing from the shadows
    Quote Originally Posted by troutmd View Post
    I thought you actually did a little homework before making a post.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/wisconsin/

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...n-in-wisconsin

Disappointed in you my friend.
    Your disappointment is irrelevant.

I looked at the single poll, and pointed out issues with using it after digging into it, even though you did not provide a link. So I did my homework on what YOU posted. Your new links say nothing about the points I made about that poll. Which was the LIMIT of my analysis. Just because you post a weak polling source (internal, small sample size, without enough details to figure out if the polling methodology produced anything close to a representative sample), don't blame me for pointing out the weakness.

Comparing different polls is problematic in many ways. The 538 link and the other one showed some older polls for WI only, and you should NOT think that data from a month or longer ago reflects the numbers today. WI is lightly polled at this point, so stale data is to be expected. And a great deal has happened in the last month after all. But basically the 538 link shows that many Ds WERE within MOE of each other re: Trump in head to head matchups. A month or longer ago. What about today? You provided no data relevant to this week for WI.

Shall I put you down as a Bernie shill? Because you are certainly posting like one.

I took the time to treat the poll you posted seriously, and found it lacking in many ways. Don't expect me to do much of this any time soon, not because of your reaction, but rather because such polling is largely irrelevant to anything at this time. I can see how the universe of polling helps figure out the top 5-6 Ds in the race. But that's about it.

Have a nice day.
    Stout beers under trees, please.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tlg View Post
    And when you look at the who public, Independents, Republicans, and Democrats

64 percent of Americans said that Mr. Trump has "definitely" or "probably" done something illegal
    72 percent that he has "definitely" or "probably" done something unethical
    56 percent say Trump wasn’t exonerated
    59 percent say it's too soon to say whether Trump had been cleared of illegal activity “in the Russia matter”

And when you aggregate all the polls, Trump's approval is 42%
    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/

This all shows, America as a whole, disapprove of Trump
    But nobody knows for sure exactly why, right?

What a stupid poll. What stupid questions. These stats are based entirely on vague prejudice, suspicion, innuendo, straight out of the playbook on CNN and MSNBC, righteously posing to save America. The polls show Americans fell for 24/7 propaganda, and were psychologically conditioned since the Trump inauguration to believe lies.

Did you read the Mueller report? Show me the proof, or you don't have a case. Mueller didn't find any proof. I'm taking his word for it.

gazing from the shadows
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredrico View Post
    These stats are based entirely on vague prejudice, suspicion, innuendo, ...
    Polls show what answers people give to the questions asked. They generally don't ask what is the basis for answers to questions, but the basis is whatever they base their opinions or evaluation on. And the answer to that is... the various ways people think. Some answers will be based on innuendo and prejudice, some won't. That you say "entirely" shows you are the one being biased, btw. Some, certainly, all, no way.

The stats in a poll are based on the aggregate of the answers.

The accuracy of a poll is measured by how well the sample (respondents) matches the population. Sample size can make that more or less accurate. Sample selection as well. Question wording, question order, and a host of other methodological issues... ditto.

There are ways to critique polling results that are valid. Making blanket claims about the basis of opinions people have in an OPINION survey is not one.
    Stout beers under trees, please.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    What a stupid poll. What stupid questions. These stats are based entirely on vague prejudice, suspicion, innuendo, straight out of the playbook on CNN and MSNBC, righteously posing to save America. The polls show Americans fell for 24/7 propaganda, and were psychologically conditioned since the Trump inauguration to believe lies.
    Your cherry picked "analyses" in meaningless.

"And when you aggregate all the polls, Trump's approval is 42%".... and now it's 41%

Womp womp womp.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

RoadBikeReview Member
    But nobody knows for sure exactly why, right?

Did you read the Mueller report? Show me the proof, or you don't have a case. Mueller didn't find any proof. I'm taking his word for it.
    If you don't like the message, shoot the messenger.

Polls are easy targets but somewhat of more substance than a personal opinion.
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by troutmd View Post
    If you don't like the message, shoot the messenger.

Polls are easy targets but somewhat of more substance than a personal opinion.
    Sure, substance of how many individuals are falling for a party line, many without even realizing it.

After watching TV news the last two years and observing the partisan bias full swing, I have to think the strong anti-Trump propaganda effect would have significant influence on the answers. This would explain Trump's approval ratings hovering in the high 30-40% range, but tipping 80-85% among hard core Republicans. The huge difference could easily be explained by the influence of media propaganda. It's quite obvious.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sure, substance of how many individuals are falling for a party line, many without even realizing it.

After watching TV news the last two years and observing the partisan bias full swing, I have to think the strong anti-Trump propaganda effect would have significant influence on the answers. This would explain Trump's approval ratings hovering in the high 30-40% range, but tipping 80-85% among hard core Republicans. The huge difference could easily be explained by the influence of media propaganda. It's quite obvious.
    I agree - lying has consequences:

https://forums.roadbikereview.com/po...ml#post5311473

xxl

Love your intellectual alchemy, turning your opinion into "fact."
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

"Oh my god. This is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I’m f—d.”

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    Trump Tower Is Now One of NYC’s Least-Desirable Luxury Buildings

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...xury-buildings

Most condo sales have led to a loss after adjusting for inflation, property records show. Several sold at more than a 20% loss. By contrast, across Manhattan, just 0.23% of homes over the past two years sold at a loss
    The commercial portion of the building has been struggling for months to find tenants for more than 42,000 square feet of vacant office space, despite advertising rents well below the area’s average
    Trump Tower’s occupancy rate has plunged over the last seven years to 83% from 99%, giving it a vacancy rate that’s about twice Manhattan’s average
    Sad. Failing. Loser.
    "If we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state. Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, however, we are unable to reach that judgment.”

-Robert Mueller

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    Trump’s Doral resort is in steep decline

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.44f0cf489685

the resort’s net operating income — a key figure, representing the amount left over after expenses are paid — had fallen by 69 percent.
    Similar drops across other Trump properties.

Sad. Failing. Loser.
    "If we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state. Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, however, we are unable to reach that judgment.”

-Robert Mueller

RoadBikeReview Member
    nothing like a Middle East conflict with some Muslims on behalf of the Jews to boost POTUS popularity. You think Bolton and Pompeo will be the voices of reason?
    It's full of factual errors. :nono:

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwisimon View Post
    nothing like a Middle East conflict with some Muslims on behalf of the Jews to boost POTUS popularity. You think Bolton and Pompeo will be the voices of reason?
    Uhh.. in the same way as a lion and tiger in a cage with a baby deer and they have been starving for a month...

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    the Jews?

Seriously?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SPlKE View Post
    the Jews?

Seriously?
    It's like the Muslims, the Catholics or the Rastafarians.

Contemporary Journalists use the word with no thought of bias, save the indignation for real slights.
    https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/.pre...part-1.6700230
    It’s very hard to poll American Jews. But I think the jury is out on whether and how BDS, for example – whatever your feelings are about BDS – has taken hold in the imagination or thinking of many average Jews

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    It's like the Muslims, the Catholics or the Rastafarians.

Contemporary Journalists use the word with no thought of bias, save the indignation for real slights.
    https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/.pre...part-1.6700230
    It’s very hard to poll American Jews. But I think the jury is out on whether and how BDS, for example – whatever your feelings are about BDS – has taken hold in the imagination or thinking of many average Jews
    Ugh.

Mel? Mr. Gibson? Is that you?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Ugh.

Mel? Mr. Gibson? Is that you?
    No is that you Mr Bentley?

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    No is that you Mr Bentley?
    Serious question. Do you actually know, personally, and routinely hobnob with any jews, and specifically any American jews?

Your talk about American jews sounds very odd to me... me being a lifelong resident of urban northeast-corridor USA, and having a jewish ex-wife of 13 years, and a few jewish girlfriends, and currently working closely with israeli IT security companies.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Serious question. Do you actually know, personally, and routinely hobnob with any jews, and specifically any American jews?

Your talk about American jews sounds very odd to me... me being a lifelong resident of urban northeast-corridor USA, and having a jewish ex-wife of 13 years, and a few jewish girlfriends, and currently working closely with israeli IT security companies.
    A few, but no one wears their religion on their sleeve around here (oh bugger, that was insensitive considering the holocaust.), and religion is like abortion, best not discussed with friends you want to keep. My Jewish friends , (see the difference between a noun and an adjective?) just live their lives and my Catholic, Baptist and Atheist friends live theirs.

Sweet Potato Kugel
    Serious question.
    Snip.
    Good question.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    Ben Franklin -Tis curious and amazing to observe how distinct and independent of each other the rattles of this animal are, and yet how firmly they are united together

RoadBikeReview Member
    A few, but no one wears their religion on their sleeve around here (oh bugger, that was insensitive considering the holocaust.), and religion is like abortion, best not discussed with friends you want to keep. My Jewish friends , (see the difference between a noun and an adjective?) just live their lives and my Catholic, Baptist and Atheist friends live theirs.
    I can't tell the difference.

Except immigrants from Russia and WW2, who spoke Yiddish ghettoized in Brooklyn and Levittown. Sid Caesar, Woody Allen, Mort Sahl, Lenny Bruce, Mel Brooks, all great American humorists. Too bad if the culture goes the way of Little italy, the Polish, Greek "ghettos," each carrying a little bit of history, vanishing with each generation.

A good friend interviewed holocaust survivors in Denver. His tapes are at the Holocaust Museum in DC. Israel is their reparation. They may become invisible, but they'll never forget that.
    Last edited by Fredrico; 05-15-2019 at 08:26 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    “43 percent of Republicans and Republican leaners would like to see Trump get a primary challenge next year. That 43 percent number is up by 6 percent from the 37 percent level right after last year’s midterm elections. This is a high number on the ascent.”

https://thebulwark.com/new-poll-data...nge-than-ever/

This shows how tribal the GOP is. 80% say they support him but they really just support the tribe. They know Trump is garbage but still support him to "trigger the libs"

-Robert Mueller

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    It is not just the US who think Trump is a clown

-Robert Mueller

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    Despite Trump promoting it on Twitter his interview on ABC was a ratings fail

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...s-bust-1366130

Family Feud had almost double the ratings. Sad. Failing. Loser.

-Robert Mueller

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2019
    Lol. Kerry was doing fine until the GOP got through swift boating. Hillary had a lot of support after the Benghazi hearings. By the time the campaign was her 'negatives' were worse than Trump's.

The point is, Trump won't win on his record or suitability for the job. He'll win by making his opponent seem worse than him.

How stupid, inept, hated he his won't matter when they drag out Biden's 1st girlfriend, Eva Braun. Or pics of Warren banging David Duke or Bernie's $500 million swiss bank account.

Progressives are so naïve.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast