Get out the checkbook Cheney
    Shirtcocker

Get out the checkbook Cheney

I need to pay for a new democracy. Good ole Georgie promises to spend more of our borrowed money to create a Palestinian state. Call him the Nation Building President now. What are the chances that a stable democracy can exist long term in that region? I wish I could say they were good.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/...air/index.html
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus Jones II
    I need to pay for a new democracy. Good ole Georgie promises to spend more of our borrowed money to create a Palestinian state. Call him the Nation Building President now. What are the chances that a stable democracy can exist long term in that region? I wish I could say they were good.

its part of the war on terror and a peaceful solution to the israeli/palestinian conflict. i thought a flower totin' hippie @ss like yourself would be orgasmic.

banned
    I don't think he necessarily meant money when using the term 'capital'.

banned

bill bro you left your glue

Quote Originally Posted by bill105
    its part of the war on terror and a peaceful solution to the israeli/palestinian conflict. i thought a flower totin' hippie @ss like yourself would be orgasmic.
    at my house last night but i already sniffed it ha ha so your mom got the internet turned back on she paid the overdo bill?

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by bill105
    I just want to see the details before the money starts flowin. If I have faith in anyone ending the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, it ain't GW.
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by Live Steam
    I don't think he necessarily meant money when using the term 'capital'.
    What did he mean then? More of his "political capital" that he "earned"?

banned
    Yup!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2003
    I just want to see the details before the money starts flowin. If I have faith in anyone ending the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, it ain't GW.
    its never been up to anyone except the palestinians.

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by Live Steam
    Yup!
    although he did say, "Spend the capital of the United States". If that isn't a direct reference to money and resources I don't know what is.

banned
    It means we have gravitas. Remember that term?

Back from the dead
    although he did say, "Spend the capital of the United States". If that isn't a direct reference to money and resources I don't know what is.
    It must mean that he will sell the capitol building and use the proceeds to fund the palestinian state. Or maybe they'll disassemble it and ship it over there to use as their new capitol building. We definitely need a clarification.

AJS
    banned

Thumbs down

Why so late to the party? This could have been done in the past 4 years, but no, the Monkey Man needed to have his war first.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by mohair_chair
    It must mean that he will sell the capitol building and use the proceeds to fund the palestinian state. Or maybe they'll disassemble it and ship it over there to use as their new capitol building. We definitely need a clarification.
    Capital, Capitol...what's the difference? ;)

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by AJS
    Why so late to the party? This could have been done in the past 4 years, but no, the Monkey Man needed to have his war first.
    And he had to wait for Arafat to croak so he could use the US's considerable influence on Israel to do some nation building.

AJS
    banned
    Now that Arafat's pushing up daisies, they won't have him to blame for frustrating any peace process.

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by AJS
    Now that Arafat's pushing up daisies, they won't have him to blame for frustrating any peace process.
    You should put quote marks around "peace". Another gem from our president, "We'll hold their feet to the fire to make sure that democracy prevails," Bush said of the Palestinians' onus to elect a democratic government."

Translation...they'll form a democratic state or else--even if we have to bomb the sh*t out of them to accept it.