The Green New Deal - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy69 View Post
    So what?
    You posted a rant from the echo chamber that cherry picked a couple of lines from the AFL-CIO statement and ignored the rest. If the echo chamber had a point they would not have to obfuscate so much.

Sad. Failing.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Falsetti View Post
    Yup. Odd how so many of Andy's posts are links to fringe groups whose goal is to stoke fear and division. They know that the outrage machine will not even read what the AFLCIO actually wrote. They say clearly that

And that we must invest in Solar, Wind, etc

The outrage machine does not realize that the letter conveyed the position not of the entire AFL-CIO, but of its “Energy Committee,” predictably dominated by unions in industries involved in the production or consumption of fossil fuels.
    Ouch --- Andy shown again to be careless and misinformed
    Last edited by troutmd; 1 Week Ago at 06:41 PM.
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Trolls can only troll that's all they know

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    They those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. The problem is you can't teach stupid and history is taught in a classroom.

RoadBikeReview Member
    And media matters received money from George Soros. So what?
    And you routinely discredit anything that comes from any source funded by Soros. So this shouldn't be hard for you to understand, unless you're willfully ignorant. Situational ethics I guess.

Except, the report actually comes from the Center for Responsive Politics, a group that receives funding from George Soros.
    Hell, you even criticize links if they're probably funded by Soros.

and probably funded by George Soros. That's definitely his kind of gig

Ricardo Cabeza
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Falsetti View Post
    Yup. Odd how so many of Andy's posts are links to fringe groups whose goal is to stoke fear and division. They know that the outrage machine will not even read what the AFLCIO actually wrote. They say clearly that

And that we must invest in Solar, Wind, etc

The outrage machine does not realize that the letter conveyed the position not of the entire AFL-CIO, but of its “Energy Committee,” predictably dominated by unions in industries involved in the production or consumption of fossil fuels.
    That letter is on union letterhead.

To rational people, that generally means it comes from the union. How do rational people know this? Because it says AFL- CIO in big letters at the top of the page.

I mean, duh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Whenever the legislators endeavour to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience, and are left to the common refuge which God hath provided for all men against force and violence - John Locke

SuperAndy's Garage

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    That letter is on union letterhead.

Indeed. And if you actually read it then you would see that the AFL-CIO supports many of the key elements of the Green New Deal.

Yet more failed outrage from your echo chamber.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2013
    Congratulations you environmental extremist! You did it! Finally got the rest of my 2018 data loaded into my database [77 million rows of data] and thanks to you all, we were average for a nation. Yep, time to rip out that 4 cylinder engine in my car and put in a big thirsty V8 is how I hope to celebrate. Can't go for a ride yet because it is too cold.
    The Green New Deal-usavgtotal2.jpg

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turbofish View Post
    Congratulations you environmental extremist! You did it! Finally got the rest of my 2018 data loaded into my database [77 million rows of data] and thanks to you all, we were average for a nation. Yep, time to rip out that 4 cylinder engine in my car and put in a big thirsty V8 is how I hope to celebrate. Can't go for a ride yet because it is too cold.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2004
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	USAvgTotal2.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	324858
    still cannot even figure out how to plot data?
    Blows your hair back.

Ricardo Cabeza
    Quote Originally Posted by tlg View Post
    Yes, because I always roll my eyes at data that doesn’t fit my world view

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Whenever the legislators endeavour to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience, and are left to the common refuge which God hath provided for all men against force and violence - John Locke

SuperAndy's Garage

RoadBikeReview Member
    In this case you should roll your eyes. You said it right there "world view". Climate change refers to the changes of the climate on a global basis. So by all means let's plot the data for the US and use that to prove the planet isn't warming.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    No. I roll my eyes and self proclaimed made up data with no source other than "MY".

Oh look I can make a chart too! Finally got the rest of my 2020 data loaded into my database [77,000,000,000,000,000 rows of data].

Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by den bakker View Post
    still cannot even figure out how to plot data?
    Still can't look at the data yourself?
    I'm not here to make it look pretty for you

RoadBikeReview Member
    You never explained this anomaly...

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWC View Post
    https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...d-for-the-u-s/

Even if one does want to limit their analysis of global temperatures to the US, as dumb as that sounds, this article says that 2017 was the 3rd hottest on record... the data from turbofish says it was 15th. NOAA says that 2012 wast the hottest, turbo agrees, and that 2016 was 2nd hottest, turbo's data says it was 12th hottest.
    Given that you determined what the single data point for the country as a whole is I find this suspect. How is it possible that the NOAA, who produced the data, can say that 2017 was the 3rd hottest on record while your data shows it to be 17th... a full 2 degrees cooler than the max & 1 degree cooler than the 3rd hottest for this chart? Your premise, I guess, is that the NOAA doesn't know what they're doing and yet you're using their data. So their data is correct, they make their data available to you, yet they fudge the numbers when they present their findings to the public... and that makes sense to you.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Just for the hell of it, go to this site:

https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/national/201713

It shows the US national average temperature for 2017 to be 54.6°F. Your spreadsheet says that it was 55.2°F. So the data you use came from NOAA, NOAA has a completely different average temp for the country than you do, yet you feel that your analysis is more valid.

I recommend this site for additional reading.
    Last edited by DaveWC; 1 Week Ago at 06:55 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    This could be the reason for the discrepancy...

https://www.climate.gov/maps-data/pr...g-climate-data

To understand climate on larger scales, climatologists average data from individual stations with data from other stations in the area. When combining observations, the values for each station are mathematically weighted to account for the fraction of the averaging area they represent. This keeps areas with many weather stations from being overrepresented compared to areas with fewer stations.
    Regardless, anyone who has worked with underlying data would want to determine how their collation of data into a national average could be so different that the collated data from the group that provided the underlying numbers. The idea that the NOAA is simply wrong, maybe they're not as used to dealing with large databases as this poster, is silly.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2004
    of course i can.
    if what i can easily check from us is a pile of crap why would I have the slightest confidence in anything else from the data process. not even worth starting to wondering whether that has any credibility. (the fact you mess up country and data station makes it pretty clear though).
    Blows your hair back.

Ricardo Cabeza
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWC View Post
    It makes sense if you acknowledge that fee.org has received funds from the Koch bros.

https://www.sourcewatch.org/index.ph..._Koch_Brothers
    From your link:

2014 FEE financials: $5.3 million in revenue, $7.9 million in assets, $31,000 from the Koch Foundation.

FEE received 0.58% of it's total revenue from the Koch Foundation in 2014.

In other words, your attempt to smear FEE as some sort of propaganda arm of the Koch Foundation = one giant fail

SuperAndy's Garage

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    From your link:
    You are deflecting again Andy. The fact is your propaganda website cherry picked a few words from the AFL-CIO letter and ignored the rest because it went against their fringe narrative.

Sad, failing, losing.

RoadBikeReview Member
    For a legally non-binding framework of goals Republicans seem so upset, and like Obamacare, just complain the sky is falling while offering no coherent alternatives.
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

RoadBikeReview Member
    From your link:

2014 FEE financials: $5.3 million in revenue, $7.9 million in assets, $31,000 from the Koch Foundation.

FEE received 0.58% of it's total revenue from the Koch Foundation in 2014.

In other words, your attempt to smear FEE as some sort of propaganda arm of the Koch Foundation = one giant fail
    So it's a fail to state that KochBros donated money to an org'n because you don't think the money is large enough to matter. Yet you smear Soros for "probably" funding others...

and probably funded by George Soros. That's definitely his kind of gig
    Situational ethics. Andy's photo shows up in Webster's next to the definition.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910