The Green New Deal
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 267
  1. #1
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: davesupra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,365

    The Green New Deal

    This can't be for real can it? This has to be a web site like The Onion or something, right? It has to be difficult to write good comedy like this...

    https://www.gp.org/green_new_deal
    "The American people elected Donald Trump as the President of the United States, and not Hillary. I don't think the left is taking this loss as well as they could have"...

  2. #2
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: DaveWC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,553
    List the 5 things you find the most egregious.

  3. #3
    Opus was just napping
    Reputation: thatsmybush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    19,218
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

  4. #4
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: DaveWC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,553
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsmybush View Post
    Not from the Onion, but related to your link...

    ďWind energy is a finite resource. At large scale, slowing down the wind by using its energy to turn turbines has environmental consequences." - Joe Barton (R)

  5. #5
    tlg
    tlg is offline
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: tlg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    14,038
    Quote Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    This can't be for real can it? This has to be a web site like The Onion or something, right? It has to be difficult to write good comedy like this...

    https://www.gp.org/green_new_deal
    tldr
    But I'm sure you could summarize what particularly you don't like about it.

    I did notice Jill Stein is involved. Russian's love Jill. Surprised you're not all on board.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

  6. #6
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,029
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWC View Post
    List the 5 things you find the most egregious.
    List the five things you think are feasible within the timeframe she lays out.

  7. #7
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: DaveWC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,553
    Quote Originally Posted by RkFast View Post
    List the five things you think are feasible within the timeframe she lays out.
    Where did I state an opinion on that site wrt feasibility or any aspect of it?

  8. #8
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: davesupra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,365
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWC View Post
    Where did I state an opinion on that site wrt feasibility or any aspect of it?
    Probably in the same post where I said that I thought it was egregious.
    "The American people elected Donald Trump as the President of the United States, and not Hillary. I don't think the left is taking this loss as well as they could have"...

  9. #9
    Sweet Potato Kugel
    Reputation: Eretz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,142
    Quote Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    Probably in the same post where I said that I thought it was egregious.
    I had to google egregious.



    e∑gre∑gious

    Dictionary result for egregious



    /əˈɡrējəs/
    adjective
    adjective: egregious
    1. outstandingly bad; shocking. "egregious abuses of copyright"

    synonyms: shocking, appalling, horrific, horrifying, horrible, terrible, awful, dreadful, grievous, gross, ghastly, hideous, horrendous, frightful, atrocious, abominable, abhorrent, outrageous; More

  10. #10
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: DaveWC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,553
    Quote Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    Probably in the same post where I said that I thought it was egregious.
    Oh, my bad. List the 5 things in the link that can't be for real, make you think that this has to be a web site like The Onion and is good comedy.

  11. #11
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    13,701
    Quote Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    This can't be for real can it? This has to be a web site like The Onion or something, right? It has to be difficult to write good comedy like this...

    https://www.gp.org/green_new_deal
    You posted a link for the Green party. How many Green party members are there in Congress?

  12. #12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    587
    I donít agree with all of AOCs positions but I canít knock her strong social media game.

    She knows how to troll.

  13. #13
    Adorable Furry Hombre
    Reputation: Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    27,595
    Quote Originally Posted by RkFast View Post
    List the five things you think are feasible within the timeframe she lays out.
    It is a legally non-binding framework of goals.

    The USA has a problem....people like you declare goals are unfeasible....and then make no goals whatsoever--leaving us where we are. Then you act surprised and double down on bailing on coal companies. Classic Fire-Aim-Ready thinking.

    Knuckle draggers in the USA declared Germany's green goals unrealistic...but they are well on the way to achieving them--if not exactly on time. As opposed to the USA, that thanks to republicans has no goals and no time frame...and is just as helpless and rudderless now as it was 15 years ago. Similarly to the USA going metric, which we are still stuck with probably until the end of the universe thanks to knuckledragging CEOs that whined. Now we're forever stuck using it-costing us 1x $300,000,000 space probe I might add.
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

  14. #14
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    587
    Quote Originally Posted by Eretz View Post
    I had to google egregious.



    e∑gre∑gious

    Dictionary result for egregious



    /əˈɡrējəs/
    adjective
    adjective: egregious
    1. outstandingly bad; shocking. "egregious abuses of copyright"

    synonyms: shocking, appalling, horrific, horrifying, horrible, terrible, awful, dreadful, grievous, gross, ghastly, hideous, horrendous, frightful, atrocious, abominable, abhorrent, outrageous; More
    Itís a good word.

    I hope no one feels itís horrifying, tho.

  15. #15
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: DaveWC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,553
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    It is a legally non-binding framework of goals.
    I think he saw the heading "WE CAN build a better tomorrow, today" and thought that the timeframe was literally today.

  16. #16
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Oxtox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    10,375
    conservatives love their small-minded world view.

    all they want to accomplish is to crap on minorities and make rich people richer.

    anything else gets dissed...
    Ancient Astronaut theorists say, 'YES!'

  17. #17
    Sweet Potato Kugel
    Reputation: Eretz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,142

    Nothing has ever sent us into an ice age. Nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by fishtanker View Post
    Itís a good word.

    I hope no one feels itís horrifying, tho.
    Absolutely not. I hope we eliminate cow farts, airplanes and non-green infrastructure in 12 years. I hope we abandon our vehicles and completely redo our electrical grind in the exact time frame. This moment, laboured in breath, seeking pure air and water.

    Pure. The world.

    Pure!

    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    Ben Franklin -Tis curious and amazing to observe how distinct and independent of each other the rattles of this animal are, and yet how firmly they are united together

  18. #18
    Adorable Furry Hombre
    Reputation: Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    27,595
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWC View Post
    I think he saw the heading "WE CAN build a better tomorrow, today" and thought that the timeframe was literally today.
    The proposal has room for critiquing...and some of it is questionable thinking (letting all nuclear operating licenses expire without renewal)...and some very folksy pseudo-colloquial non-professional writing.


    But at the end of it....it is as toothless as it gets. Not legally binding in any way shape or form, and can be ignored or set aside at the first junction. The right's reaction to this is even more funny than their sturm und drang over the Paris accord--that was also legally non-binding.
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

  19. #19
    Adorable Furry Hombre
    Reputation: Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    27,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Eretz View Post
    Absolutely not. I hope we eliminate cow farts, airplanes and non-green infrastructure in 12 years. I hope we abandon our vehicles and completely redo our electrical grind in the exact time frame. This moment, laboured in breath, seeking pure air and water.

    Pure. The world.

    Pure!


    I mean, god knows when we'll be able to do any of these things. Might as well sit with our thumbs painfully inserted into our permanent-vertical-smiles and do absolutely nothing*. The much vaunted Cannot-Do American Spirit of Mediocrity and Inability to Perform, Inaction.

    ** And by "nothing" I mean bailout coal mines and companies and put them in charge of the EPA.
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

  20. #20
    Sweet Potato Kugel
    Reputation: Eretz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxtox View Post
    conservatives love their small-minded world view.

    all they want to accomplish is to crap on minorities and make rich people richer.

    anything else gets dissed...
    Agreed, and why I love all of China initiatives to remedying global warming.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    Ben Franklin -Tis curious and amazing to observe how distinct and independent of each other the rattles of this animal are, and yet how firmly they are united together

  21. #21
    Sweet Potato Kugel
    Reputation: Eretz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,142

    PLUG in it is Safe

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post

    ** And by "nothing" I mean bailout coal mines and companies and put them in charge of the EPA.
    Got me wrong. The grid may be coal powered and electric cars/vehicles need that outlet to charge but lithium battery material are mined environmentally safe, while wind mills and solar devices have promises. Lithium is a very plentiful and safe environmentally Eco-friendly raw material without zero foot print on the earth.


  22. #22
    Ricardo Cabeza
    Reputation: Andy69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    18,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxtox View Post
    conservatives love their small-minded world view. .
    I think they may actually like laughing at morons like Occasional-Cortex more.
    Whenever the legislators endeavour to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience, and are left to the common refuge which God hath provided for all men against force and violence - John Locke

    SuperAndy's Garage

  23. #23
    Adorable Furry Hombre
    Reputation: Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    27,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Eretz View Post
    Got me wrong. The grid may be coal powered and electric cars/vehicles need that outlet to charge but lithium battery material are mined environmentally safe, while wind mills and solar devices have promises. Lithium is a very plentiful and safe environmentally Eco-friendly raw material without zero foot print on the earth.
    Perfect is the enemy of good. You keep making posts like the above...and only prove how lazy and non-achieving you are.

    Coal is going away. It simply is not economical. Which is why plants everywhere are shutting down. Being replaced with natural gas...NG isn't perfect either but it is a hell of a lot better than lazily burning coal--as you seem to prefer not doing anything but the same dumb polluting crap.
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

  24. #24
    Adorable Furry Hombre
    Reputation: Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    27,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy69 View Post
    I think they may actually like laughing at morons like Occasional-Cortex more.
    The not-at-all-rare Policy-Free-Trolling-Andy makes an appearance...once again with nothing of value and only situational ethics.
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

  25. #25
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    587
    Quote Originally Posted by Eretz View Post
    Got me wrong. The grid may be coal powered and electric cars/vehicles need that outlet to charge but lithium battery material are mined environmentally safe, while wind mills and solar devices have promises. Lithium is a very plentiful and safe environmentally Eco-friendly raw material without zero foot print on the earth.

    That is true about lithium, however China has a lot of it. Which sucks for us.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How much green does it take to go green?
    By OldEndicottHiway in forum Politics Only
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 09-27-2011, 05:08 PM
  2. Deal or No Deal
    By gutfiddle in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-04-2006, 10:39 AM
  3. Deal or no deal.
    By cydswipe in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-18-2006, 07:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.