Help for the undecided voter
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Seeking shades of grey
    Reputation: Duane Gran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,802

    Help for the undecided voter

    In case there is still an undecided voter out there, help is on the way (TM):

    http://www.selectsmart.com/PRESIDENT/

    I ran this and found the following:

    1.*Your ideal theoretical candidate. **(100%)**Click here for info
    2.*Cobb, David - Green Party **(59%)**Click here for info
    3.*Nader, Ralph - Independent **(59%)**Click here for info
    4.*Kerry, Senator John, MA - Democrat **(58%)**Click here for info
    5.*Badnarik, Michael - Libertarian **(49%)**Click here for info
    6.*Brown, Walt - Socialist Party **(42%)**Click here for info
    7.*Peroutka, Michael - Constitution Party **(26%)**Click here for info
    8.*Bush, President George W. - Republican **(23%)**Click here for info

    Who would have thought! At least the libertarian beat out the socialist, but I'm puzzled at how closely they came together. I think some of the questions are a little bit "pushy", but otherwise it is a useful exercise.

  2. #2
    633
    633 is offline
    Ti me up
    Reputation: 633's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,242
    My results were very enlightening.

    Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in /usr/www/users/ssmart/PRESIDENT/president.php on line 33

    Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /usr/www/users/ssmart/PRESIDENT/president.php on line 35

    Warning: mysql_db_query(): Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: NO) in /usr/www/users/ssmart/PRESIDENT/president.php on line 45

    Warning: mysql_db_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /usr/www/users/ssmart/PRESIDENT/president.php on line 45

    Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /usr/www/users/ssmart/PRESIDENT/president.php on line 46

    Your Results:


    Warning: sort() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /usr/www/users/ssmart/PRESIDENT/president.php on line 168
    Michael



    You see lots of happy cyclists. When was the last time you saw a runner smiling?

  3. #3
    Palm trees & sunshine!
    Reputation: KenB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    24,200
    1. Your ideal theoretical candidate. (100%) Click here for info
    2. Cobb, David - Green Party (59%) Click here for info
    3. Nader, Ralph - Independent (59%) Click here for info
    4. Badnarik, Michael - Libertarian (55%) Click here for info
    5. Kerry, Senator John, MA - Democrat (51%) Click here for info
    6. Brown, Walt - Socialist Party (45%) Click here for info
    7. Bush, President George W. - Republican (43%) Click here for info
    8. Peroutka, Michael - Constitution Party (31%) Click here for info

    Not surprised in the least. If there were one or two more choices in some of the answers libertarian would definitely be highest on list. If I turn off the candidate restrictions, Bush ranks #12 and Kerry #9.

  4. #4
    Shirtcocker
    Reputation: Bocephus Jones II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    60,637
    mine:

    1. Your ideal theoretical candidate. (100%) Click here for info
    2. Cobb, David - Green Party (75%) Click here for info
    3. Nader, Ralph - Independent (75%) Click here for info
    4. Kerry, Senator John, MA - Democrat (67%) Click here for info
    5. Brown, Walt - Socialist Party (66%) Click here for info
    6. Badnarik, Michael - Libertarian (41%) Click here for info
    7. Bush, President George W. - Republican (18%) Click here for info
    8. Peroutka, Michael - Constitution Party (16%) Click here for info
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

  5. #5
    Master of flip comments
    Reputation: gregario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    1,720

    Mine:

    1. Your ideal theoretical candidate. (100%) Click here for info
    2. Clark, Retired General Wesley K., AR - Democrat (72%) Click here for info
    3. Kucinich, Rep. Dennis, OH - Democrat (71%) Click here for info
    4. Cobb, David - Green Party (69%) Click here for info
    5. Nader, Ralph - Independent (69%) Click here for info
    6. Sharpton, Reverend Al - Democrat (68%) Click here for info
    7. Dean, Gov. Howard, VT - Democrat (65%) Click here for info
    8. Brown, Walt - Socialist Party (65%) Click here for info
    9. Kerry, Senator John, MA - Democrat (65%) Click here for info
    10. Edwards, Senator John, NC - Democrat (63%) Click here for info
    11. Moseley-Braun, Former Senator Carol, IL - Democrat (61%) Click here for info
    12. Gephardt, Rep. Dick, MO - Democrat (59%) Click here for info
    13. LaRouche, Lyndon H. Jr. - Democrat (55%) Click here for info
    14. Lieberman, Senator Joe, CT - Democrat (33%) Click here for info
    15. Bush, President George W. - Republican (33%) Click here for info
    16. Badnarik, Michael - Libertarian (32%) Click here for info
    17. Peroutka, Michael - Constitution Party (21%) Click here for info

  6. #6
    Shirtcocker
    Reputation: Bocephus Jones II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    60,637
    Quote Originally Posted by gregario
    1. Your ideal theoretical candidate. (100%) Click here for info
    2. Clark, Retired General Wesley K., AR - Democrat (72%) Click here for info
    3. Kucinich, Rep. Dennis, OH - Democrat (71%) Click here for info
    4. Cobb, David - Green Party (69%) Click here for info
    5. Nader, Ralph - Independent (69%) Click here for info
    6. Sharpton, Reverend Al - Democrat (68%) Click here for info
    7. Dean, Gov. Howard, VT - Democrat (65%) Click here for info
    8. Brown, Walt - Socialist Party (65%) Click here for info
    9. Kerry, Senator John, MA - Democrat (65%) Click here for info
    10. Edwards, Senator John, NC - Democrat (63%) Click here for info
    11. Moseley-Braun, Former Senator Carol, IL - Democrat (61%) Click here for info
    12. Gephardt, Rep. Dick, MO - Democrat (59%) Click here for info
    13. LaRouche, Lyndon H. Jr. - Democrat (55%) Click here for info
    14. Lieberman, Senator Joe, CT - Democrat (33%) Click here for info
    15. Bush, President George W. - Republican (33%) Click here for info
    16. Badnarik, Michael - Libertarian (32%) Click here for info
    17. Peroutka, Michael - Constitution Party (21%) Click here for info
    Lyndon LaRouche is a Democrat?
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

  7. #7
    Eats cars for breakfast
    Reputation: frogjasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    104

    Wow.

    I knew I was a pinko hippy bedwetter, but 94% is kind of surprising.

    my results:

    1. Cobb, David - Green Party (94%) Click here for info
    2. Your ideal theoretical candidate. (100%) Click here for info
    3. Nader, Ralph - Independent (90%) Click here for info
    4. Brown, Walt - Socialist Party (87%) Click here for info
    5. Kerry, Senator John, MA - Democrat (66%) Click here for info
    6. Badnarik, Michael - Libertarian (33%) Click here for info
    7. Peroutka, Michael - Constitution Party (13%) Click here for info
    8. Bush, President George W. - Republican (10%) Click here for info


    It would be interesting to see if anyone selected a different candidate than the one they chose to vote for. It would be really interesting to see if Bush could remember the policies that are dictated for him well enough to select himself.

  8. #8
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    43
    Thanks, that was interesting. By the way, did anyone catch Nader on Letterman? I bet he'll become the none of the above, protest vote for a lot of those undecided. That would be hillarious to see the democrat's reaction to a repeat of the 2000 loss they continue to cowardly blame him for.

  9. #9
    use the crosswind
    Reputation: velocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    2,847
    Quote Originally Posted by shannon
    That would be hillarious to see the democrat's reaction to a repeat of the 2000 loss they continue to cowardly blame him for.
    Hilarious? If Nader had a political vision, he'd have spent the last four years building the Green Party, working to get Green Party candidates elected locally. Or working to bring either of the two main parties closer to his point of view. By running again without the Green Party's endorsement, and taking Republican money to do it, Nader's shown he's addicted to running but not winning, that he's willing to let his life's work be slowly undone by Bush's policies.
    Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
    --John Stuart Mill

  10. #10
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by velocity
    Hilarious? If Nader had a political vision, he'd have spent the last four years building the Green Party, working to get Green Party candidates elected locally. Or working to bring either of the two main parties closer to his point of view. By running again without the Green Party's endorsement, and taking Republican money to do it, Nader's shown he's addicted to running but not winning, that he's willing to let his life's work be slowly undone by Bush's policies.
    I know what you mean, but yes, I think it would be hilarious. Why did the Green party back out? Why do so many democrats blame Nader? Turned me off of both.

  11. #11
    use the crosswind
    Reputation: velocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    2,847
    Quote Originally Posted by shannon
    Why did the Green party back out? Why do so many democrats blame Nader? Turned me off of both.
    The Green Party "backed out" because since 2000 Nader did nothing to build the Green Party and nothing to help Green Party candidates get elected locally.

    Why do Democrats blame Nader? Because he's a spoiler who's taking money from the same people who are giving money to Bush/Cheney.
    Last edited by velocity; 10-15-2004 at 08:41 AM. Reason: typo
    Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
    --John Stuart Mill

Similar Threads

  1. Punk Voter?
    By Bocephus Jones in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-21-2009, 01:53 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-23-2004, 06:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.