Hey Steve! Where'd our $600,000,000,000 go???
    What the what???

Hey Steve! Where'd our $600,000,000,000 go???

Maybe he left it in his other pants?

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wire..._headlines_hed

WASHINGTON -- Building ramparts of secrecy around a $600 billion-plus coronavirus aid program for small businesses, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin has moved from delay to denial in refusing outright to disclose the recipients of taxpayer-funded loans.

Mnuchin told Congress at a hearing this week that the names of loan recipients and the amounts are ďproprietary information.Ē While he claimed the information is confidential, ethics advocates and some lawmakers see the move as an attempt to dodge accountability for how the money is spent.

Why would disclosure of who received a bail-out and how much they received be "proprietary information"???
    Given his penchant for nicknames, and his aversion to reading, I've decided to shorten Donald J. Trump to it's essence: Dump*

I was "social distancing" before it was cool.

NSFW
    This is what Trump mean when he said he would drain the swamp. Watch the money secretly get relocated into the pockets of the wealthy.

Trump would have had an easier time getting reelected had he sent this $600B to those who need it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Ha, conservative voters didn't realize that they were the swamp.
    Beating the S&P 500 is not hard - for me. Apparently it's darn near impossible for you. I beat the S&P consistently. Iíve since moved most of my stuff into targeted retirement funds and more conservative investments that arenít likely to beat the index. 90% of my funds are with a management company now. My plans for most of the money Iíve piled up are bigger than I am, and involve things I know little about and I lack the desire to learn how so I handed it off to a pro.

Adorable Furry Hombre
    It is a good thing we have a strong judiciary ready to enforce open-records and FOIA laws.
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

RoadBikeReview Member
    I'd be shocked except the Reagan Revolution of reverse-Robinhood is a core Republican Party virtue now spanning four decades.
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

No Lives Matter - D. Trump

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    It is a good thing we have a strong judiciary ready to enforce open-records and FOIA laws.
    Ha...... https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...enashi-909799/

Opus was just napping
    The looting is coming FROM INSIDE THE HOUSE!
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tungsten View Post
    What does that have to do with the disappearance of $600,000,000,000?
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

What the what???
    Well... we know where $10,000,000,000 of it went at least:

WASHINGTON (AP) ó Forty lobbyists with ties to President Donald Trump helped clients secure more than $10 billion in federal coronavirus aid, among them five former administration officials whose work potentially violates Trumpís own ethics policy, according to a report.

The lobbyists identified Monday by the watchdog group Public Citizen either worked in the Trump executive branch, served on his campaign, were part of the committee that raised money for inaugural festivities or were part of his presidential transition. Many are donors to Trumpís campaigns, and some are prolific fundraisers for his reelection.
    Given his penchant for nicknames, and his aversion to reading, I've decided to shorten Donald J. Trump to it's essence: Dump*

What the what???

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

What the what???
    Dump* didn't drain the swamp... he just added a hog trough.

What the what???
    NEW YORK (AP) ó Churches connected to President Donald Trump and other organizations linked to current or former Trump evangelical advisers received at least $17.3 million in loans from a federal rescue package designed to aid small businesses during the coronavirus pandemic.

Those receiving loans include City of Destiny, the Florida church that Trumpís personal pastor and White House faith adviser Paula White-Cain calls home, and First Baptist Dallas, led by Trump ally and senior pastor Robert Jeffress. City of Destiny got between $150,000 and $350,000 from the Paycheck Protection Program, or PPP, and First Baptist Dallas got between $2 million and $5 million, according to data released by the Treasury Department on Monday.

Opus was just napping
    Ayn Rand Institute got a PPP loan.

Conservatives Shrugged. Objectively stupid.

I suppose it is fitting Ayn Rand herself was a screaming hypocrite.
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsmybush View Post
    Ayn Rand Institute got a PPP loan.

Conservatives Shrugged. Objectively stupid.

I suppose it is fitting Ayn Rand herself was a screaming hypocrite.

I mean it makes sense. The GOP are apologists for Nazis, now....and "Ayn Rand" was a pen name for a struggling Russian jewish refugee IRL named Alisa Rosenbaum.

What the what???
    And it looks like there were quite a few Democrats and liberal causes that benefitted from this pool as well. It wasn't just Republicans. McConnell's wife benefitted, but so did Pelosi's husband apparently. But, with it happening on Dump* and Mnuchin's watch (and Dump* actively trying to kill government oversight) the slop of the trough is more on them...

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Quote Originally Posted by Opus51569 View Post
    And it looks like there were quite a few Democrats and liberal causes that benefitted from this pool as well. It wasn't just Republicans. McConnell's wife benefitted, but so did Pelosi's husband apparently. But, with it happening on Dump* and Mnuchin's watch (and Dump* actively trying to kill government oversight) the slop of the trough is more on them...

The difference....is only the "conservatives" kvetch about "moochers" needing "hand outs" from the government to save them. Of course, the rules of hypocrisy in no way apply to conservatives.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member

RoadBikeReview Member
    Carlson, Nunes, and Kushner getting kickbacks. Good lord.

Between their fake "I hate big government" BS and their Southern Strategy, this is why I can't take any Republican seriously. FIFTY TWO years of race baiting to win elections...but yeah, it's their "core values" you agree with and why you always vote for the GOP...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Opus51569 View Post
    OK for the 100th time: HEY PUPPETS:

Not much is really going to change until the free-market election system is replaced by free elections. After all, while the United States like it's motto of we the people being created equal, in a capitalist system, not all people are as equal as a few people.

* During the 2016 election both Donnie and Bernie were running on the same campaign theme - the system is rigged.

* For every dollar a few people legally invest in DC influence, they legally get back $720.

* Over 50 years ago an outgoing President gave a little speech and wanted about the people losing control over their government to those who benefited most from the government. Ike used the words "military/industrial complex", but was really warning about how that "special interest feeding at the public trough" would grow into a bipartisan food-fest as you describe.

For further illustration:

OH - yes both side do it!
    Last edited by troutmd; 07-07-2020 at 05:57 AM.
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

No Lives Matter - D. Trump

xxl
    This wins my vote for Best Use of the Internet today:

More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

There are over 6.2 million covid cases in the United States (as of September 6th), eight months after Donald Trump said it was "totally under control," and that "it's gonna be just fine."

xxl

There are over 6.2 million covid cases in the United States (as of September 6th), eight months after Donald Trump said it was "totally under control," and that "it's gonna be just fine."

xxl

xxl

What the what???
    Another excellent use of our tax dollars...

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/07/hat...-or-employees/

A number of cases listed in the article. Here are a few examples:

The Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) was founded by white nationalist John Tanton and has ties to senior White House adviser and noted white nationalist Stephen Miller. CIS received a loan worth somewhere between $350,000 and $1 million in support of 15 jobs.

CIS has spent the spring blaming undocumented immigrants from Mexico and Latin America for spreading the coronavirus. The group claimed ďborder crossersĒ were responsible for the recent surge in cases ó not the stateís botched reopening strategy under the leadership of Republican Gov. Greg Abbott.

Another Tanton anti-immigrant hate group, the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR), was approved for a loan of up to $1 million, reportedly for 35 jobs.

FAIRís most recently available IRS filing shows that the group pulled in $12 million in 2018 and more than double that the year before. It spent $3.7 million on salaries and other employee benefits in 2018, with $33.8 million in total net assets.