Holy crap, Vick had more than 50 pit bulls in his dogfighting ring...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Soon to be banned

Holy crap, Vick had more than 50 pit bulls in his dogfighting ring...

If you think these charges against Vick are biased or extreme, he had more than 50 pit bulls in his dog fighting ring. Now these dogs are gonna be euthanized...

Then you gotta ask how many years was he running this operation? How many dogs were killed? How much money was wagered?

He should get 10 years min!!! What a total scum bag!!!

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a.../1049/SPORTS01

RICHMOND, Va. -- More than 50 pit bulls seized from Michael Vick's property face a deadline today to be claimed. If no one comes forward, they could be euthanized.

Federal prosecutors filed court documents last month to condemn 53 pit bulls seized in April as part of the investigation into dogfighting on the Vick's property. No one has claimed any of the dogs, which are being held at several unspecified shelters in eastern Virginia.

"Walmart ... Where else can you crush your business competition, and yet, serve and control the lumpenproletariat." Mr. Grumpy

السلام عليكم

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2003
    Vick is screwed 8 ways 'til Sunday. Feds and NFL will stick it to him b/c of the gambling, public hates him because of the dog cruelty thing so NFL and sponsors will also want to get rid of him.

The one thing he has going for him is the race card, already see the NAACP in Atlanta is standing up for him.

Imagine how strong the evidence must be if he's copping a plea rather than going to a jury trial with his fame/money!

Opus was just napping
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne Barry
    Vick is screwed 8 ways 'til Sunday. Feds and NFL will stick it to him b/c of the gambling, public hates him because of the dog cruelty thing so NFL and sponsors will also want to get rid of him.

The one thing he has going for him is the race card, already see the NAACP in Atlanta is standing up for him.

Imagine how strong the evidence must be if he's copping a plea rather than going to a jury trial with his fame/money!
    And thus ending the credibilty of the NAACP in Atlanta.

...the race card...play it...

Telling those companies that Vick endorses...not to walk away from him. They agree...cause they are getting in cars and driving as fast as they can away from a convicted felon of animal cruelty and gambling.

He made a mistake? I made a mistake pulling out the driver on the short par 4--15th yesterday, blowing my even par round.

Running, financing and participating in illegal dog fighting is a choice...a choice to be a felon. A choice that despite his 130,000 million dollar advantage economically, and wonderous gifts physically he decided to pisss it all away. And I wouldn't give a squirt of urine to help him get back on his feet.
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsmybush
    And thus ending the credibilty of the NAACP in Atlanta.

...the race card...play it...

Telling those companies that Vick endorses...not to walk away from him. They agree...cause they are getting in cars and driving as fast as they can away from a convicted felon of animal cruelty and gambling.

He made a mistake? I made a mistake pulling out the driver on the short par 4--15th yesterday, blowing my even par round.

Running, financing and participating in illegal dog fighting is a choice...a choice to be a felon. A choice that despite his 130,000 million dollar advantage economically, and wonderous gifts physically he decided to pisss it all away. And I wouldn't give a squirt of urine to help him get back on his feet.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Completely agree.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2004
    Additionally, I think that if the NFL does ever let him play again, which I think they should not, he should be required to publish some sort of full disclosure. Tell his story, throw out all the nasty details about what happened and for how long. If anyone thinks he can actually save his image, then coming totally clean would be a good way to do it.

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne Barry

Jon Stewart was showing a clip of these morons over at ESPN saying how the gambling was much worse than the dog fighting. Basically trying to downplay the dog fighting angle.
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

Opus was just napping
    Quote Originally Posted by FondriestFan
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Completely agree.
    Then why the hell didn't you tell me to hit 3 WOOD! (like my wife did and I ignored.)
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006
    Both are bad, but the gambling is bad on a sports level. Look at the NBA. The NFL doesn't want a quarterback involved in gambling to throw a game or games because of it.

Society doesn't want to see dog fighting. Granted, we don't mind stuff like boxing, kick boxing, cage fighting, and football, all of which we pay tons of money to watch and bet on, but force dogs to fight and it is horrible. I think the big problem with dog fighting is that it is to the death. Don't get me wrong, I hate dog fighting. I have a yellow lab and couldn't imagine putting him in a ring to fight, much less to the death. I just have some serious issues with pro sports nowadays and the amount of money we Americans spend on this crap. Imagine what would could happen if all these billions of dollars were poured into cancer research or something else good.

As far as the 50 pit bulls are concerned, they probably should be put down. While they normally can be great dogs, after what they have been through they aren't going to be good pets or good working dogs. Had a farm owner pick up a dog once from the pound and the second night he had the dog it killed all 50+ of his sheep. Imagine my shock when I pull up to the farm and there are no sheep in the pasture.

Should Vick get 10 years? Probably not. There are plenty of others convicted of dog fighting, but not on such a publicized level, that barely get time for their first offense. People kill people and don't even get a life sentence for murder, yet 10 years for dog fighting? I had a client that was almost killed by a drunk driver, and it was his 4th offense. My client, a new mom, was put into a coma for 3 days, in the ICU for a week, and it took her a year plus to recover. The drunk driver got 10 months, with 6 months of work release, yet we should put Vick in jail for 10 years? Spyder, I honestly think you should spend some time at your local Courthouse listening to some cases and seeing what real life is like because I think you are out of touch with reality. A lot of first time offenders get probation before judgment for beating the crap out of people. Maybe with a little time in the Courthouse, you might have a different idea on things and might actually be pushing for tougher sentencing of the really bad guys. Me, I'm all for making prisons tough. I want these guys to work every day they are there so they don't want to come back. I want to see the use of chain gangs again. These guys get 3 meals a day, watch TV, workout, or play sports during the day, and they get to sleep. Watch the National Geographic program about jails, and you will see how sad it is. They can even get drugs in jail.

n00bsauce
    Not so sure they were downplaying the dogfighting issue as much as emphasizing the gambling issue. This doesn't seem illogical if looked at it from a sports franchise point of view. Gambling has always been the biggest taboo in sports, even bigger than drugs. It goes to the heart of the franchise like nothing else and threatens it's very existance. It's not odd to see it played up in the sporting circles.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

There are your fog people & your sun people, he said. I said I wasn't sure which kind I was. He nodded. Fog'll do that to you, he said.

"We are all ignorant about most things."
    Mel Erickson

RoadBikeReview Member
    NCAAP is now in the gutter with Vick after their " oh give the poor black man a break after he pays his debt to society" plea. Vick is like chinese dog, food hands off.

n00bsauce
    Vick does have his defenders. Stephon Marbury just made the following comment:http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ury.vick.0208/

NEW YORK (AP) - New York Knicks guard Stephon Marbury defended Michael Vick, calling dogfighting a sport and comparing it to hunting.

Marbury spoke Monday about the federal dogfighting conspiracy charges against Vick while promoting his basketball shoe in Albany, N.Y.

"I think it's tough,'' Marbury said, according to Albany TV station Capital News 9. "I think, you know, we don't say anything about people who shoot deer or shoot other animals. You know, from what I hear, dogfighting is a sport. It's just behind closed doors.''

On Monday, Vick said through a lawyer that he will plead guilty to a federal charge of conspiracy to travel in interstate commerce in aid of unlawful activities and conspiracy to sponsor a dog in an animal fighting venture. He also faces possible prosecution in Virginia.

"I think it's tough that we build Michael Vick up and then we break him down,'' Marbury said. "I think he's one of the superb athletes, and he's a good human being. I just think that he fell into a bad situation.''
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

There are your fog people & your sun people, he said. I said I wasn't sure which kind I was. He nodded. Fog'll do that to you, he said.

"We are all ignorant about most things."
    Mel Erickson

Back from the dead
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsmybush
    Then why the hell didn't you tell me to hit 3 WOOD! (like my wife did and I ignored.)
    When your wife gives you hints on playing with your wood, it's always best to listen.

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel Erickson

"I think it's tough that we build Michael Vick up and then we break him down,'' Marbury said. "I think he's one of the superb athletes, and he's a good human being. I just think that he fell into a bad situation.''
    Oh BS...he was a scumbag. Just because he was a good athlete doesn't make him a good human being. He created and nurtured that "bad situation." He didn't "fall into it." I have no sympathy for him.

I find it strange how many people are much more willing to forgive the foilibles of an athlete than some normal dude who works at the lumberyard.
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus Jones II
    Jon Stewart was showing a clip of these morons over at ESPN saying how the gambling was much worse than the dog fighting. Basically trying to downplay the dog fighting angle.
    It is much, much worse as far as the concerns of the NFL and the Feds.

Look at how Pete Rose is treated by baseball over gambling. Look at the various reprobates playing right now in major sports who have done some pretty bad things to human beings and yet are "forgiven".

Like I said Vick is SCREWED. NFL and Feds want him bad because of the gambling, the majority of the public will disown him because of the cruelty to animals. The combination of the two is why he is so f*cked compared to many other criminal athletes.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus Jones II
    Oh BS...he was a scumbag. Just because he was a good athlete doesn't make him a good human being. He created and nurtured that "bad situation." He didn't "fall into it." I have no sympathy for him.

I find it strange how many people are much more willing to forgive the foilibles of an athlete than some normal dude who works at the lumberyard.
    Damn, we got some common ground here man. This pisses me off as much as it does you. What that butt head was doing was killing dogs that showed any evidence of coming from a gene pool that wasn't psycho. If it wouldn't kill your kid, he killed it. I hope he spends the rest of his life standing on a corner holding a sign that says
    HUNGRY, PLEASE HELP.

Opus was just napping
    Quote Originally Posted by mohair_chair
    When your wife gives you hints on playing with your wood, it's always best to listen.
    In my defense...I have years more experience in playing with my wood...lucky that you'll go blind turned out to be a.... joigl;ha;oia/lnkba;oiaknlalkjaa;oiagljkaghoiah

Motorator
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakebit
    I hope he spends the rest of his life standing on a corner holding a sign that says
    HUNGRY, PLEASE HELP.
    Yeah, or better yet let the army recruiters get a hold of him and send him over to Iraq.
    Beam me up, baby.

Not Banned

Michael Vick

see he's a uniter

we all hate him

yup, he was running the show and he was obviously enjoying it and he has a college education so he should have the abil;ity to understand what he was doing was morally and legally VERY, VERY, VERY WRONG

short par 4 TMB, why not just use a 1 Iron?

rub him down in meat juice and toss him in a pen with his dogs
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering

Opus was just napping
    Quote Originally Posted by atpjunkie
    see he's a uniter

we all hate him

yup, he was running the show and he was obviously enjoying it and he has a college education so he should have the abil;ity to understand what he was doing was morally and legally VERY, VERY, VERY WRONG

short par 4 TMB, why not just use a 1 Iron?

rub him down in meat juice and toss him in a pen with his dogs
    Because even God can't hit a one iron (rimshot).

Travels by Map
    The Post had a good article yesterday about dogfighting.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2101997_2.html

Soon to be banned
    The 53 dogs will die today cause they can't be adopted. Add to that the 8 he killed himself. Add to that the number of dogs that died fighting... and Vick is directly responsible for the massacre of probably over 100 dogs. That really puts it into perspective.

I'll be happy when I hear the Falcons void his $130 million contract, and the Feds give him 18-36 mos, and the state proceeds with their prosecution.

What a dumb ass!
    "Walmart ... Where else can you crush your business competition, and yet, serve and control the lumpenproletariat." Mr. Grumpy

السلام عليكم

Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
    I still contend that if he's not banned for life from the NFL because of gambling, he will return to football.
    "He groaned when we hung the rope over the tree but was relieved to see the white pinata."
    -- Gut

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by DrRoebuck
    I still contend that if he's not banned for life from the NFL because of gambling, he will return to football.
    How good is he? I don't follow pro football anymore so I don't honestly know. If he's got the talent/skills you're probably right. Although the public outrage over the animal cruelty has been huge.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006
    I'll agree that he is a moron. To make that kind of money and do something this stupid is utterly unbelievable. He should have hired himself a babysitter to tell him what he could and could not do. However, I am pretty sure he knew that dog fighting is illegal and that betting on it is also illegal.

I do feel sorry for the dogs, but there really isn't anything that can be done with them at this point. Maybe the Dog Whisperer could adopt a couple and try to train them as part of his show. Probably wouldn't be a one segment ordeal, but a bunch of segments over years.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006
    I love the meat juice comment, and would love to see that. I bet there would be a lot less dog fighting in the US if that was the punishment for those convicted.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast