How much of the anti-Palin vote is sexist and secular?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    banned

How much of the anti-Palin vote is sexist and secular?

Yes, this is a comical response to the "How much of the anti-Obama vote is racist" thread. You know, this whole racist thing is nothing more than an excuse for why Obama isn't doing well in the polls. Sure, there are many racists out there and they will always be there. But, its easy to blame racists instead of policies for political failures.

I'm not trying to make excuses for racists. I find them as repulsive and despicable as any decent person would. I'm just trying to point out that I have noticed more than a few Obama supporters using the race card whenever they believe that it is convenient for them to do so. And IMO, that doesn't help Obama in any way. If anything, it has the opposite effect.

banned
    The DNC made the whole nomination process and their convention about race. So I guess it is.

gazing from the shadows
    Racism and sexism are real. Discussing how large a factor they play is interesting. My professional opinion is that no one can put an accurate number on either factor for a bunch of reasons. Which makes it perfect for a discussion board of this type.

The job of campaigns is to get elected in SPITE of the factors that go against them. Pointing out factors and discussing them is not the same as blaming them for failures. I can point out that the mountains have thin air, and climbing is hard.... but if I abandon a ride those factors are not to blame because I knew that going in.

If republicans lose they will blame sexism (love the newborn "feminists" they have) and ageism and bush.... but they knew that going in. Their job is to overcome that. Just as racism is obama's job to overcome.
    Stout beers under trees, please.

banned
    Yeah if Obama isn't elected, it wil have nothing to do with the issues or his lack of experience.

gazing from the shadows
    Quote Originally Posted by Live Steam
    Yeah if Obama isn't elected, it wil have nothing to do with the issues or his lack of experience.
    I was speaking to what people will say, not what the underlying reality would be. Try to pay better attention.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Live Steam
    That is like saying that if McCain is elected, it has nothing to do with the collective stupidity of the American electorate.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by filtersweep
    That is like saying that if McCain is elected, it has nothing to do with the collective stupidity of the American electorate.
    It may well have something to do with that view of the American electorate.

Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by filtersweep
    Perfect example of the Dems/Liberals problems in general. They think anyone who doesn't share their views is stupid.

Turns out that folks are smart enough to figure out when they are being condescended to. That is why Governor Palin's RNC speech line about praising them in Scranton while disparaging them in San Fran is so powerful for so many Americans.
    Islam isn't in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become dominant. The Koran, the Muslim book of scripture, should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on Earth.

Omar M. Ahmad, founder of Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR)

gazing from the shadows
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrumm
    Perfect example of the Dems/Liberals problems in general. They think anyone who doesn't share their views is stupid.
    I think people who think the politicians they vote for hold the OPPOSITE view on the issues than the politician actually holds are stupid. And in 2004, those who voted for bush were in a MAJORITY wrong about the positions he held, and those who voted for Kerry were in a MAJORITY right about the positions he held.

But hey, that's just me.

Shirtcocker

Turns out that folks are smart enough to figure out when they are being condescended to. That is why Governor Palin's RNC speech line about praising them in Scranton while disparaging them in San Fran is so powerful for so many Americans.
    I think a lot of the cons with a stiffie for Palin are for her just to spite the evil "libbies." It's become a "home team" kinda thing. Logic isn't part of it. Blind partisian views are not the sole purview of the Dems for sure.

Listen to any Rush Limbaugh show for examples.
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

Jan 2004

Mine's 100% politics. She's Cheney in a dress.

What's the name of that Jack Nicholson movie where somebody asks his character how he writes about women and he says, "I think of a man, then take away reason and accountability"? Palin is Cheney without accountability: She gets away with all kinds of crap because she's a woman and a mother, so it's unfair to treat her harshly.

Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dr hoo
    I think people who think the politicians they vote for hold the OPPOSITE view on the issues than the politician actually holds are stupid. And in 2004, those who voted for bush were in a MAJORITY wrong about the positions he held, and those who voted for Kerry were in a MAJORITY right about the positions he held.

But hey, that's just me.
    A. 9-11 was a game changer, which "changed" the way Bush viewed foreign policy.

B. Who knew what Kerry's positions where?

Speaking of Liberal condescension. Remember the "Whom among us isn't a fan of NASCAR?" Even stupid people like me can see thru that.

Regardless,the Liberal attitude that I was writing about applies to so many elections besides the 2004 cycle.
    Islam isn't in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become dominant. The Koran, the Muslim book of scripture, should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on Earth.

Motorator
    My guess is that Palin will attract more votes because she is female than lose votes because of it; Obama will lose more votes because he is half black than he will gain votes because of it.
    Beam me up, baby.

Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory
    She gets away with all kinds of crap because she's a woman and a mother, so it's unfair to treat her harshly.
    How does Cheney get away with it? Is "evil" covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act?
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
    Groucho Marx

No Crybabies

agree

Some Democrats/Liberals are their own worst enemy. They can't possibly comprehend how intelligent Americans could do something as stupid as vote for George Bush, twice. The Liberal attitude of condescension, arrogance, and labeling everyone who does not agree as "stupid" is what is hurting their cause. This forum is a perfect example of it. Republicans should have lost the 2004 election. Republicans should not even have a chance in this election.

For some odd reason, people don't like being called stupid, even if it's collectively. Don't be surprised if they get worked up and react.

For the record, I don't for one second think that Liberals are stupid. I simply disagree with them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When my fist clenches, crack it open
    Before I use it and lose my cool
    When I smile, tell me some bad news
    Before I laugh and act like a fool

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixed
    Some Democrats/Liberals are their own worst enemy. They can't possibly comprehend how intelligent Americans could do something as stupid as vote for George Bush, twice. The Liberal attitude of condescension, arrogance, and labeling everyone who does not agree as "stupid" is what is hurting their cause. This forum is a perfect example of it. Republicans should have lost the 2004 election. Republicans should not even have a chance in this election.

For some odd reason, people don't like being called stupid, even if it's collectively. Don't be surprised if they get worked up and react.

For the record, I don't for one second think that Liberals are stupid. I simply disagree with them.
    People are stubborn--they seem willing to let the country go down the tubes with 4 more years of the same rather than admit they were duped by GW twice. I'd call that seriously flawed logic--even stupid. I realize this doesn't help bridge the gap, but for me that leap of logic is just to far.
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus Jones II
    People are stubborn--they seem willing to let the country go down the tubes with 4 more years of the same rather than admit they were duped by GW twice. I'd call that seriously flawed logic--even stupid. I realize this doesn't help bridge the gap, but for me that leap of logic is just to far.
    Logic??

Give the government more money and control over our lives because they are so good at running things?

You've got alot of nerve implying that Dems have cornered the market on logic.

Shirtcocker
    Logic??

Give the government more money and control over our lives because they are so good at running things?

You've got alot of nerve implying that Dems have cornered the market on logic.
    The GOP has hardly been fiscally responsible for the last 8 years. They might not have raised taxes, but god help our grandkids when China asks them to pay the check. You can't just keep running up the Mastercard and expect things to turn out OK. Deregulation has also led to some of the biggest financial scandals ever--think Enron, Bears Stearns, FreddieMac/FannieMae, etc. etc. .

Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus Jones II
    The GOP has hardly been fiscally responsible for the last 8 years. They might not have raised taxes, but god help our grandkids when China asks them to pay the check. You can't just keep running up the Mastercard and expect things to turn out OK.
    I couldn't agree more. Bush completely failed us on this issue. Did the guy forget he has this thing called a veto?

That's why we need McCain/Palin to change the way Washington spends money.

Shirtcocker

Since McCain hasn't advanced a plan, how do you see him doing that? Are you seriously just going to trust him that somehow--magically--it'll all work out if you make him king? What if he just continues the failed policies of Bush another 4 years?

Apr 2006
    I couldn't agree more. Bush completely failed us on this issue. Did the guy forget he has this thing called a veto?

If I truly believed that, I'd be on board (or at least a helluva lot closer). Nothing has shown me they would do that, other than talk with no plan to back it up. I'm all for making government smaller and more efficient. But mathematically, how do you reconcile tax cuts and a $10trillion national debt? Until you pay down that debt, government costs are going to keep spiraling upward just to cover the interest no matter how many other programs you cut (unless you start digging into Social Security, Medicare and the military - which I'm sure the Rep. base would love to hear).
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
    Groucho Marx

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by magicant
    If I truly believed that, I'd be on board (or at least a helluva lot closer). Nothing has shown me they would do that, other than talk with no plan to back it up. I'm all for making government smaller and more efficient. But mathematically, how do you reconcile tax cuts and a $10trillion national debt? Until you pay down that debt, government costs are going to keep spiraling upward just to cover the interest no matter how many other programs you cut (unless you start digging into Social Security, Medicare and the military - which I'm sure the Rep. base would love to hear).
    Yup...if Johnny Mac came out with a great plan for solving the economic crisis Bush helped cause I'd vote for him in a second. Obama's plan may not be perfect or address everyone's pet issues, but at least he has a plan.

Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by magicant
    Compare the records and promises of McCain/Palin against Obama/Biden and tell me how the Dems would be more fiscally responsible than the Pubs.

chaff

i just don't understand how republicans can keep believing that. i still haven't heard where mccain will cut spending, and i think a big reason he keeps quiet about it is that people won't like what they hear. ok earmarks, but cmon do you honestly think that's the reason we're running such high deficits? when is either of the candidates going to talk about social security and medicare, that's the huge albatross hanging over the head the USA. mccain talks about young people shouldn't have to pay the way for retirees, how the hell does he want to change it then???
    Against logic there is no armor like ignorance.
    - Laurence J. Peter

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrosto
    i just don't understand how republicans can keep believing that. i still haven't heard where mccain will cut spending, and i think a big reason he keeps quiet about it is that people won't like what they hear. ok earmarks, but cmon do you honestly think that's the reason we're running such high deficits? when is either of the candidates going to talk about social security and medicare, that's the huge albatross hanging over the head the USA. mccain talks about young people shouldn't have to pay the way for retirees, how the hell does he want to change it then???
    privatize and deregulate everything. it worked so well for the mortgage industry...might as well try it with healthcare and the retirement fund you've paid into your whole life.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast