Interesting factoid about those "luxury" jets...

Jan 2004

Interesting factoid about those "luxury" jets...

I posted this at the end of the thread about the luxury aircraft the House of Reps supposedly wants for itself, but nobody's going to find it down there at No. 50...
    Pelosi said yesterday that the purchase probably will be canceled, but that's not the item. What IS the item is that for the last eight years, the planes they have now carried members of Congress only about 15 percent of the time. The remaining 85 percent of their flight hours were used by high-ranking military officers and "top White House officials." Since until seven months ago that meant Republicans, the finger once again swivels back toward Bush
    DAMN those Democrats and their profligate ways.

Big is relative
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory
    I posted this at the end of the thread about the luxury aircraft the House of Reps supposedly wants for itself, but nobody's going to find it down there at No. 50...
    Pelosi said yesterday that the purchase probably will be canceled, but that's not the item. What IS the item is that for the last eight years, the planes they have now carried members of Congress only about 15 percent of the time. The remaining 85 percent of their flight hours were used by high-ranking military officers and "top White House officials." Since until seven months ago that meant Republicans, the finger once again swivels back toward Bush
    That's what the planes are for. She asked for additional planes on top of what the defense department requested as replacement aircraft. The additional planes where to be kept at an air force base near DC.
    Retired sailor

Ricardo Cabeza
    Since the Democrats are beyond reproach in this respect, is it safe to assume that "top White House officials" are now eschewing these aircraft for other means of transportation?
    Whenever the legislators endeavour to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience, and are left to the common refuge which God hath provided for all men against force and violence - John Locke

SuperAndy's Garage

waterproof*
    who cares about the damn planes, other than the obvious pot/kettle aspect from the car bailouts.

No Crybabies

who now?

So, who wants to buy them now, Republicans or Democrats? Are you suggesting that if Republicans did something "wrong" in the past, then it's ok for current Democrats to continue doing it, albeit spending even more money in worse economic times?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When my fist clenches, crack it open
    Before I use it and lose my cool
    When I smile, tell me some bad news
    Before I laugh and act like a fool