interesting quote ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    angel of the morning

interesting quote ...

by Malcolm X

"I think that an objective analysis of events that are taking place on this earth today points towards some type of ultimate showdown. You can call it political showdown, or even a showdown between the economic systems that exist on this earth which almost boil down along racial lines. I do believe that there will be a clash between East and West. I believe that there will ultimately be a clash between the oppressed and those that do the oppressing. I believe that there will be a clash between those who want freedom, justice and equality for everyone and those who want to continue the systems of exploitation."
    I watched him walking in and it was like they say, you know, he kind of glowed. Like a ray of light was around him. A kind of Jesus. - Spirito (interviewing Spirito)

http://instagram.com/ciclispirito

banned
    Yadda,yadda,yadda. Words from a thug, drug dealer and thief. So the 'oppressed' would choose to be the oppressors? What's new about that?

Have a nice day
    Is this the Ultimate Showdown that Mr. X was talking about?

the_rydster
    Not interesting just rampant demagoguery.

History is only kind to the likes of Malcom X because they never achieved real power and consequently the real failings of their ideology were never exposed.

Palm trees & sunshine!
    Quote Originally Posted by the_rydster
    Why? Aside from the last sentence, it pretty much mirrors what you've been saying in your past few threads.

Do you have an issue with brown(ish) people?

supervillain

the_rydster
    Quote Originally Posted by KenB
    Why? Aside from the last sentence, it pretty much mirrors what you've been saying in your past few threads.
    Having read some of Malcom X's and the 'nations' ideology/opinions I stand by my comments.

Quote Originally Posted by KenB
    Do you have an issue with brown(ish) people?
    There is nothing in my posts to suggest that.

Opus was just napping
    Having read some of Malcom X's and the 'nations' ideology/opinions I stand by my comments.

Been hitting the Wikipedia again?
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

gazing from the shadows
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsmybush
    Been hitting the Wikipedia again?
    Interesting, given your reaction to the posting of an official government document yesterday, that you go this route.

Just saying it is interesting.

Might even be accurate too. Rydster did say "ideology/opinions" and did not identify where they came from, if they were secondary or primary texts.

Yes, interesting.
    Stout beers under trees, please.

the_rydster
    Quote Originally Posted by dr hoo
    Interesting, given your reaction to the posting of an official government document yesterday, that you go this route.
    I think that means go and stand in the corner until lunch time.

Opus was just napping

Just saying it is interesting.

Might even be accurate too. Rydster did say "ideology/opinions" and did not identify where they came from, if they were secondary or primary texts.

Yes, interesting.
    Different context... in response too rather than being the initiate of...my response was based on his well known aversion to "libraries" and occasionally starting his posts with...from Wiki.
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

Opus was just napping
    I think that means go and stand in the corner until lunch time.
    "Nobody puts baby in a corner..."

the_rydster
    Different context... in response too rather than being the initiate of...my response was based on his well known aversion to "libraries" and occasionally starting his posts with...from Wiki.
    I thought this thread was about Malcom X and not your puritanical notions of where knowledge should be sourced from?

gazing from the shadows
    I thought this thread was about Malcom X and not your puritanical notions of where knowledge should be sourced from?

So, what have you read by Malcom X?
    Stout beers under trees, please.

Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirito
    by Malcolm X

"I think that an objective analysis of events that are taking place on this earth today points towards some type of ultimate showdown. You can call it political showdown, or even a showdown between the economic systems that exist on this earth which almost boil down along racial lines. I do believe that there will be a clash between East and West. I believe that there will ultimately be a clash between the oppressed and those that do the oppressing. I believe that there will be a clash between those who want freedom, justice and equality for everyone and those who want to continue the systems of exploitation."
    dumb and demagogic. this belongs in the naivete bin of history. any person above 10yrs old who believes this crap should be declared incapacitated.
    good luck.
    www.flaviocolker.com.br
    i am in love w/a black woman.

Jan 2003
    So, what have you read by Malcom X?
    judging from that quote i won't waste my time reading anything else. it's old demagogy.
    www.flaviocolker.com.br

Opus was just napping
    Quote Originally Posted by colker1
    judging from that quote i won't waste my time reading anything else. it's old demagogy.
    --shhhhh--I hear that it is based on Marx's historical materialism--shhhhh-- on the downlow, don't tell anybody.

Opus was just napping
    Ask anybody...I am a real stick in the mud when it comes to appropriate sourcing.

Back from the dead

History is only kind to the likes of Malcom X because they never achieved real power and consequently the real failings of their ideology were never exposed.
    Considering that Malcom X HIMSELF exposed the failings of his own ideology, I'd have to say you have no idea what you are talking about.

Jan 2003
    --shhhhh--I hear that it is based on Marx's historical materialism--shhhhh-- on the downlow, don't tell anybody.
    of course i wouldn't notice that.. the references are so obscure that only the Well Prepared Mind of a Scholar would notice it. otoh, being a marxist view does not make it less outdated, demagogic and idiotic.. on the contrary. HTH.
    Last edited by colker1; 03-21-2007 at 06:14 AM.
    www.flaviocolker.com.br

Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by undies
    Is this the Ultimate Showdown that Mr. X was talking about?
    Outstanding!

Couple of secret weapons there that I don't think Bush has considered.

Shaq-Fu and Chuck Norris.

But one bad-a$$ mofo that didn't make the cartoon, but needs to be considered.

DITKA!
    Islam isn't in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become dominant. The Koran, the Muslim book of scripture, should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on Earth.

Omar M. Ahmad, founder of Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR)

Opus was just napping
    of course i wouldn't notice that.. the references are so obscure that only the well prepared mind of a scholar would notice it. otoh, being a marxist view does not make it less outdated, demagogic and idiotic.. on the contrary. HTH.
    Guess some of us just prefer to call anything we don't agree with stupid, others can disagree with something, but appreciate it none the less.

Hey and don't worry about missing the subtext...it could happen to anyone.

the_rydster
    Quote Originally Posted by mohair_chair
    Considering that Malcom X HIMSELF exposed the failings of his own ideology, I'd have to say you have no idea what you are talking about.
    I assume you are referring to the nationalists ideology rather than the later religious ideology he favoured?

Jan 2003
    Guess some of us just prefer to call anything we don't agree with stupid, others can disagree with something, but appreciate it none the less.

Hey and don't worry about missing the subtext...it could happen to anyone.
    not my case really. you are mistaking for someone else.. btw, can i guess from this post you "agree" w/ the malcolm x quote? or maybe you are implying i should have written a long dissertation on the whole Revolution mistake? i believe every grown up already knows it's flawed and dumb.not your case?
    www.flaviocolker.com.br

Aug 2004
    Malcom X and Che Guevara, now there are a couple of heros. I love the irony of all these imbasils that idolize Che. All these radicals running around protesting violence and war etc while wearing Che t-shirts. Perhaps they fail to realize that Che didn't have a problem with lining people up against the wall and shooting them. Why? In the name of freedom of course. The type of freedom that only a communist totalitarian regime can provide.

Mr X had a short sweat career. When he tired of preaching the religion of "peace" as the Nation of Islam saw it, his own people killed him. Nice!
    Islam isn't in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become dominant. The Koran, the Muslim book of scripture, should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on Earth.

Omar M. Ahmad, founder of Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR)

Opus was just napping
    not my case really. you are mistaking for someone else.. btw, can i guess from this post you "agree" w/ the malcolm x quote? or maybe you are implying i should have written a long dissertation on the whole Revolution mistake? i believe every grown up already knows it's flawed and dumb.not your case?
    "Dumb?" or... "10yrs old who believes this crap should be declared incapacitated."

How could I ever have mistaken you for someone that discounts anything they don't agree with as stupid...?????

My thoughts on Marxism vary, although I have always leaned more toward Bakunist anarchism for my pleasure reading.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast