Iraq Question.....
    Scary Teddy Bear

Iraq Question.....

I've asked this before..and never really got a good answer...

What do we (US) do when/if the iraqi people use their newfound voting powers to elect a government that is VERY unfriendly towards the US/Europe and actually supports terrorism groups?

What do we do then?

Do we invade them again, even though the Iraqi people CHOSE that government..just something to think about....
    "I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it." John Stuart Mill, 1866

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
    http://physasst.blogspot.com/

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by physasst

What do we (US) do when/if the iraqi people use their newfound voting powers to elect a government that is VERY unfriendly towards the US/Europe and actually supports terrorism groups?

What do we do then?

Do we invade them again, even though the Iraqi people CHOSE that government..just something to think about....
    That is not the case at this point and that argument has very little to do with whether or not the cause in iraq was/is a just one. Still, to answer your question, that is a risk of freedom and we will have to deal with it on whatever level is dictated by the behavior of that government and the effect it has on us and our policy.

angel of the morning

What do we do then?
    ... duh what do you think the CIA is for? They been actively meddling over there for 50 odd years already and before them the British did a good job of putting in place ruling parties that suited their interests. Same as it ever was, same as it ever was .... there has never been democracy in that region becuase the West is scared of such a thing.
    I watched him walking in and it was like they say, you know, he kind of glowed. Like a ray of light was around him. A kind of Jesus. - Spirito (interviewing Spirito)

http://instagram.com/ciclispirito

Palm trees & sunshine!

What do we do then?

At the very least, we should ask Bush, Cheney and Halliburton for our money back.

supervillain

Back from the dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirito
    ... duh what do you think the CIA is for? They been actively meddling over there for 50 odd years already and before them the British did a good job of putting in place ruling parties that suited their interests. Same as it ever was, same as it ever was .... there has never been democracy in that region becuase the West is scared of such a thing.
    The CIA? Surely you jest. This is what Mossad is for!