It's about time... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    xxl
    Quote Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    It depends on what the local economy will bear. The restaurant owners have to make the call on how much they can pay while still being able to stay in business. The government can't do that.
    Lucky no one's asking the government to do so. All the government wants to do is set a floor, a "minimum," so as to have a demarcation point for what society considers exploitative wages. Businesses are free to pay (or not pay) prevailing wages, and decide whether or not they can stay in business doing so. Society needn't suborn the labor exploitation of its workers so that some businesses can make their nut.
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

"Oh my god. This is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. Im fd.

feh
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007
    PO will be a much more attractive place if y'all stop interacting w/ the troll.
    What's the Matter with Kansas?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    Does that mean that you are ok with people bypassing the immigration process, or you just think it should be addressed a different way?
    I wonder if the number of people that enter the US pregnant, intent on having their child there to guarantee US citizenship is more/less than the number of people who fraudulently vote. Seems that it should be the responsibility of the govt to show evidence of an act, numbers of incidents per year for example, before passing legislation to curtail that act. Otherwise your govt is just pandering to conspiracy theorists.... like Trump.
    Word of the week: acquitted:
    The Republicans need to remember that OJ Simpson was acquitted too.

Were keeping the oil. We have the oil. The oil is secure. We left troops behind, only for the oil. - DJT to Erdoğan 11/13/19

What the what???
    Quote Originally Posted by feh View Post
    PO will be a much more attractive place if y'all stop interacting w/ the troll.
    You're not wrong. But there is merit to continually demonstrating how obvious and ignorant a troll is. It keeps them under their bridge where they belong. Otherwise, someone less savvy than you or I might accidentally think they had an opinion worth serious discussion.
    Given his penchant for nicknames, and his aversion to reading, I've decided to shorten Donald J. Trump to it's essence: Dump*

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWC View Post
    I wonder if the number of people that enter the US pregnant, intent on having their child there to guarantee US citizenship is more/less than the number of people who fraudulently vote. Seems that it should be the responsibility of the govt to show evidence of an act, numbers of incidents per year for example, before passing legislation to curtail that act. Otherwise your govt is just pandering to conspiracy theorists.... like Trump.
    My guess is the number is higher as we know people are doing it on purpose but generally it is more wealthy people who this new change is not going to affect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WA outdoor enthusiast
    Mar 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ljvb View Post
    Someone.. shoot me.. I agree with this particular restriction.. which means I agree with the crazies here...

The reality is, there is a small but very lucrative industry that essentially sells US citizenship by facilitating birth on US soil. I am not talking about coming here to give birth because it's safer (although that is an excuse some people use, but lets face it, the US has a higher mortality rate of woman during birth than most of our developed country peers as evidenced by the high mortality rate of African American mothers according to recent studies), but coming here specifically to gain citizenship. This is something the US has been trying to tackle for a long time, long before Trump became the head clown.

I'm on board with this restriction, too.
    Born in USA bas become a sham industry for some foreigners.

When we lived near San Jose, Ca and my wife worked neo-natal ICU at a county hospital, many hispanic new Mom's told the staff that Valley Medical Center in Santa Clara County was called Santa Claus Hospital. Not only did their child get US citizenship, but there were so many free products for indigent new mothers. Possibly a bigger problem in San Diego and the greater LA area and TX + FL

But really people, how big a problem is this? If there were 250,000 births/year (Mom's coming to the US illegally to birth), it would still be below one tenth of one percent of the population. Not an issue really, except for motivating the base and making a tiny problem seem like a crisis.

The Border Wall expense could build 10 hospitals in Mexico near the border. Money better spent - but that wouldn't fix the problem either.

I call this an 'if the shoe was on the other foot' issue. If you were a desperate pregnant Mother who just wanted the best opportunities for her children - What would you do? Would you expect Humane Treatment?

The richest country on Earth and the largest exporter of weapons of mass destruction to our "Allies" (and anyone with enough cash) can afford to accept some indigent infants. After all it's a CHRISTIAN NATION - you remember the words - Jesus Loves the Little Children - All the little Children of the World - Red and Yellow, Black and Caucasian -they are precious in His sight - Evangelical Jesus loves the little Children of World.
    Just not hypocritical evangelical Christians of Amerikkka.
    Last edited by SantaCruz; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:27 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SantaCruz View Post
    After all it's a CHRISTIAN NATION
    No, it used to be a Christian Nation with religious freedoms for everybody.

Now it's a "Prosperity Preaching Christian Nation" that holds bias toward anybody that isn't and wants to "Cleanse" the population.

True Christian values are no longer "Valued" and have been replaced by the "Prosperity Gospel".
    Voting isn't marriage - it's public transport. You are not waiting for "The One" who is absolutely perfect. You are getting on the bus, and if there isn't one going exactly to your destination you don't stay at home and sulk - you take the one going closest to where you want to be!

WA outdoor enthusiast
    Mar 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookiebiker View Post
    No, it used to be a Christian Nation with religious freedoms for everybody.

Now it's a "Prosperity Preaching Christian Nation" that holds bias toward anybody that isn't and wants to "Cleanse" the population.

True Christian values are no longer "Valued" and have been replaced by the "Prosperity Gospel".
    +1

the heresy that is Prosperity Theology cannot be christian except as worshipped by self-serving cultists.

As for moral decline in this Nation, it has many, many contributing factors.

Religious PACs = another attack on Separation of Church from State, and all PACs are a corruption of free and honest elections (undo influence by special interest groups and/or foreign nations).
    Last edited by SantaCruz; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:06 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12