It's official.....
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 83
  1. #1
    Banned forever.....or not
    Reputation: MR_GRUMPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    24,146

    It's official.....

    “There is no shame in being the party of no,” Ms. Palin said, making a rare matinee act alongside other Republicans, rather than a starring marquee role. “When they’re proposing an idea that violates our values, violates our conscience, violates our Constitution, what’s wrong with being the party of no? We’re the party of hell no!”

    Palin also seems to be an expert on nuclear weapons, and their use. After being caught flapping her gums Obama was heard to say.............

    "Last I checked, Sarah Palin's not much of an expert on nuclear issues," Obama said in an interview with ABC when he was asked about comments Palin made earlier in the week that pronounced his vow not to use nuclear weapons against non-nuclear nations as "unbelievable."

    Palin struck back Friday at the Southern Republican Leadership Conference, mocking the "vast nuclear experience that (Obama) acquired as a community organizer."


    It's good to know that Palin also is privy to the advise of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.................. (or maybe Jesus talks to her, and tells her to shoot first and ask questions later)
    If your opinion differs from mine, ..........Too bad.
    .
    How would you like it if Hitler killed you
    Dogbert.

    I>U

    Buying parts to hang on your bike is always easier than getting fit.

    If you feel wimpy and weak, get out and train more, ya wee lassie!

    If Jesus had a gun, he'd be alive today!

  2. #2
    ___________
    Reputation: bricoleur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,506

    spelling

    .
    .
    .

    teabag captioning c/o FOX.
    .
    .
    .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bricoleur; 04-09-2010 at 10:06 PM. Reason: .

  3. #3
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Reputation: old_fuji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    7,751
    Can her 15 minutes of fame be done with? Please?
    I lost my phone number. Can I have yours?

  4. #4
    Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
    Reputation: DrRoebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    27,035
    Quote Originally Posted by old_fuji
    Can her 15 minutes of fame be done with? Please?
    John McCain's legacy may be with us longer than Obama's.
    "He groaned when we hung the rope over the tree but was relieved to see the white pinata."
    -- Gut
    _____________________
    [ CaliFotos ]

  5. #5
    jaded bitter joy crusher
    Reputation: Fredke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    19,723
    Quote Originally Posted by DrRoebuck
    John McCain's legacy may be with us longer than Obama's.
    It's not just his legacy that's longer than Obama's

    Fredke commented in your thread. You won't believe what happens next!

  6. #6
    Don't Tread on Me
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    993
    As much as I disliked her ( and McLame for that matter ) , she has more executive and business experience than Obama.

    That cannot be denied.

  7. #7
    Not Banned
    Reputation: atpjunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    49,013

    and by how wide her mouth is open

    Quote Originally Posted by Fredke
    It's not just his legacy that's longer than Obama's


    it ain't just his length
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

    still not figgering on biggering

  8. #8
    Number 2 on the course.
    Reputation: PeanutButterBreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    4,405
    Quote Originally Posted by petalpower
    As much as I disliked her ( and McLame for that matter ) , she has more executive and business experience than Obama.

    That cannot be denied.
    Specious reasoning. A career night manager at the Flying J in downtown Elko Nevada has more "business and executive" experience than the whole group.

    Why deny what matters not?

  9. #9
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: surfndav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,362
    Wow, she must really scare you guys. I love it........

    Oh, and I guess Obama must have learned a lot about nuclear weapons issues while sitting around his Chicago neighborhood with Bill Airs as they contemplated the destruction of the American way of life. You guys have picked a winner.
    "Strange women, lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony." Peasant

    "Our capitalist system provides the initiative for the majority to develop their talents where they will be of most value to the free will bearing people of our nation." Me, 2011

  10. #10
    Number 2 on the course.
    Reputation: PeanutButterBreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    4,405
    Quote Originally Posted by surfndav
    Wow, she must really scare you guys. I love it........
    Also official -- the GOP and its Teabagger's revel in their remaining role in this world -- making a nuisance of themselves.

    Quote Originally Posted by surfndav
    Oh, and I guess Obama must have learned a lot about nuclear weapons issues while sitting around his Chicago neighborhood with Bill Airs as they contemplated the destruction of the American way of life. You guys have picked a winner.
    Just like the evil and demented Reagan learned how to fight the Cold War by starring in crappy movies?

  11. #11
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: surfndav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,362
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterBreath
    Also official -- the GOP and its Teabagger's revel in their remaining role in this world -- making a nuisance of themselves.:
    Using the term Teabagger is the same as if Conservatives called homosexuals Fudge-packers. We don't use that term because were not bigots. Apparently though the left has no problem showing their true colors.......Now we know.

    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterBreath
    Just like the evil and demented Reagan learned how to fight the Cold War by starring in crappy movies?
    Yeah I'm sure the demented Reagan didn't learn anything about executive management while spending all that time as the governor of California. Yeah, his level of experience is a lot like Obamas, I think not...
    "Strange women, lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony." Peasant

    "Our capitalist system provides the initiative for the majority to develop their talents where they will be of most value to the free will bearing people of our nation." Me, 2011

  12. #12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    12,185
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_GRUMPY
    “There is no shame in being the party of no,” Ms. Palin said, making a rare matinee act alongside other Republicans, rather than a starring marquee role. “When they’re proposing an idea that violates our values, violates our conscience, violates our Constitution, what’s wrong with being the party of no? We’re the party of hell no!”

    Palin also seems to be an expert on nuclear weapons, and their use. After being caught flapping her gums Obama was heard to say.............

    "Last I checked, Sarah Palin's not much of an expert on nuclear issues," Obama said in an interview with ABC when he was asked about comments Palin made earlier in the week that pronounced his vow not to use nuclear weapons against non-nuclear nations as "unbelievable."

    Palin struck back Friday at the Southern Republican Leadership Conference, mocking the "vast nuclear experience that (Obama) acquired as a community organizer."


    It's good to know that Palin also is privy to the advise of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.................. (or maybe Jesus talks to her, and tells her to shoot first and ask questions later)
    Seriously, how much do you need to know about nuclear weapons before "vowing not to use them against non-nuclear nations"? You know you have these big bombs that destroy entire cities and kill millions of people and the other nation doesn't. Do you need to know more than that before deciding to use them against a nation that doesn't have them?

    Would it be smarter to use the nukes against another nation that has them? He should have just vowed never to use nukes period, unless it is in self defense of our country. Always leave wiggle room in these vows of stupidity.

    Seriously, did Obama have to seek the advice of the joint chiefs of anything to figure this out? Does Palin really need to be an "expert" on the damage, both direct and indirect, that nuclear weapons cause along with the inner workings of those weapons before she calls a vow "not to use them against non-nuclear nations" unbelievable?
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.” Modified by unknown from Bovard's original quote<o:p></o:p>

    Bikes:
    Colnago C50 ST01 - 2008 Campy Record 10 - Zipp 303
    Colnago Cristallo NS03 - 2007 Campy Record 10 - Custom Wheels
    Colnago Oval Krono LX4 - 2008 Campy Record 10 - Zipp 808/disk
    Colnago Arte bare aluminum - 2007 Campy Record 10 - Zipp 404
    Colnago Arte NS03 - unbuilt
    Bianchi FG Lite Liqui - 2008 Record - Zipp 202

  13. #13
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: bahueh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    19,389
    a few less nukes from an arsenal of thousands....if they were all launched, would it really matter? the right is simply squawking...

  14. #14
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    13,683
    Remember that Palin does great harm to the future of the right.

    Most Americans don't like her at all, with good reason.

    "So Sambo beat the *****."

    --Sarah Palin, reacting to Obama's primary victory

  15. #15
    Number 2 on the course.
    Reputation: PeanutButterBreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    4,405
    Teabaggers named themselves and now they are crying for the PC police to save them from their own hilarious ignorance. No surprise that they already forgot this, given that their whole movement is based on historical illiteracy.


    Yeah I'm sure the demented Reagan didn't learn anything about executive management while spending all that time as the governor of California.
    I mentioned the Cold War -- which nuclear standoff was California engaged in while Reagan kicking mental patients onto the streets?

  16. #16
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    12,185
    Quote Originally Posted by bahueh
    a few less nukes from an arsenal of thousands....if they were all launched, would it really matter? the right is simply squawking...
    And the left is simply pandering. Please, making a vow right now that if the US is threatened by any nation without nukes, not to use nukes against a nation that does not have them, might be a little different if that nation's tanks were moving into the White House lawn. Granted, I don't think any nation has that ability right now, so again, it is just a bunch of pandering to the left.

    Kind of like me saying I will not shoot anybody that does not have a gun that is threatening my household from overseas.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.” Modified by unknown from Bovard's original quote<o:p></o:p>

    Bikes:
    Colnago C50 ST01 - 2008 Campy Record 10 - Zipp 303
    Colnago Cristallo NS03 - 2007 Campy Record 10 - Custom Wheels
    Colnago Oval Krono LX4 - 2008 Campy Record 10 - Zipp 808/disk
    Colnago Arte bare aluminum - 2007 Campy Record 10 - Zipp 404
    Colnago Arte NS03 - unbuilt
    Bianchi FG Lite Liqui - 2008 Record - Zipp 202

  17. #17
    Number 2 on the course.
    Reputation: PeanutButterBreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    4,405
    Yeah, the "left" and a few billion uninvolved bystanders.

  18. #18
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: surfndav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,362
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterBreath
    Teabaggers named themselves and now they are crying for the PC police to save them from their own hilarious ignorance. No surprise that they already forgot this, given that their whole movement is based on historical illiteracy.


    I mentioned the Cold War -- which nuclear standoff was California engaged in while Reagan kicking mental patients onto the streets?
    The term Tea Party is a reference to the Boston Tea Party. This is an attempt to link an American historical event to the feelings of the conservatives of today.

    The term Teabagger is a reference to someone squatting over another's face and placing their salty nasty balls in the mouth of the person below, so the person below can lick off the scum and sweet that has accumulated on said balls while dancing to Streisand tunes.

    The two have no relationship except in the warped minds of people like Anderson Copper and Bill Maher. As well as other mean spirited people who can only throw insults in the face of sapeiror intelect.
    "Strange women, lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony." Peasant

    "Our capitalist system provides the initiative for the majority to develop their talents where they will be of most value to the free will bearing people of our nation." Me, 2011

  19. #19
    off the back
    Reputation: rufus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,286
    Quote Originally Posted by surfndav
    Wow, she must really scare you guys. I love it........

    Oh, and I guess Obama must have learned a lot about nuclear weapons issues while sitting around his Chicago neighborhood with Bill Airs as they contemplated the destruction of the American way of life. You guys have picked a winner.
    If you're going to bring up other people in an attempt to portray Obama in a bad light via whatever relationship he might have with them, is it too much trouble for you to at least learn enough about the issue at hand to be able to spell the man's name correctly?

    Otherwise, you come across as not really knowing anything about it at all, and are just regurgitating stuff you've heard from talk radio and Fox news. Your true ignorance is revealed every time you do so.

    Anyway, now that you're back, how about explaining to me finally why the private sector isn't doing enough to stimulate the economy? I mean, since they are the solution and all, why aren't they doing more? Why aren't they hiring, creating jobs, spending money? And if they aren't doing it, who will?

    The term Teabagger is a reference to someone squatting over another's face and placing their salty nasty balls in the mouth of the person below, so the person below can lick off the scum and sweet that has accumulated on said balls while dancing to Streisand tunes.
    Sounds like someone's getting a little worked up. Need a few minutes of alone time?
    Last edited by rufus; 04-10-2010 at 08:47 AM.
    "Damn. Y'all murdered the sh*t out that mutherf***er"

  20. #20
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    13,683
    Quote Originally Posted by fabsroman

    Kind of like me saying I will not shoot anybody that does not have a gun that is threatening my household from overseas.
    For some reason using analogies for nuclear weapons really disturbs me.

    It puts horror in quotidian terms.

    And THAT is perhaps what disturbs me most about Palin's foolish comments--she put the use of nuclear weapons in a schoolyard context.

    Did someone here ask about her scaring others? You bet she scares me.

  21. #21
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    12,185
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterBreath
    Yeah, the "left" and a few billion uninvolved bystanders.
    You can roll your eyes all you want. It is a practically worthless vow said just to make you feel good. The likelihood of it being tested is pretty slim.

    Now, if he had vowed never to go to war with a nation that does not have our military capability, that might have been something more to chew on,

    You, the left, and the billion uninvolved bystanders can feel good about nothing.

    Kind of like vowing to protect your mother by jumping in front of any bullet fired her way. In the US, what is the likelihood of you ever having to do something like that? However, it sure does make your mother feel good.

    When he vows to fix Social Security, that will be a different matter.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.” Modified by unknown from Bovard's original quote<o:p></o:p>

    Bikes:
    Colnago C50 ST01 - 2008 Campy Record 10 - Zipp 303
    Colnago Cristallo NS03 - 2007 Campy Record 10 - Custom Wheels
    Colnago Oval Krono LX4 - 2008 Campy Record 10 - Zipp 808/disk
    Colnago Arte bare aluminum - 2007 Campy Record 10 - Zipp 404
    Colnago Arte NS03 - unbuilt
    Bianchi FG Lite Liqui - 2008 Record - Zipp 202

  22. #22
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    12,185
    Quote Originally Posted by BadHabit
    For some reason using analogies for nuclear weapons really disturbs me.

    It puts horror in quotidian terms.

    And THAT is perhaps what disturbs me most about Palin's foolish comments--she put the use of nuclear weapons in a schoolyard context.

    Did someone here ask about her scaring others? You bet she scares me.
    Let's be clear about one thing, I am not a Palin supporter. I think I have said that over and over again. In the past Presidential election, I was trying to vote for the candidate that I thought would do the least harm. Ended up going with McCain because I just could not figure out how Obama was going to deliver on all his promises.

    As far as the vow from Obama is concerned, I am evaluating it just based upon what it is. Puffery.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.” Modified by unknown from Bovard's original quote<o:p></o:p>

    Bikes:
    Colnago C50 ST01 - 2008 Campy Record 10 - Zipp 303
    Colnago Cristallo NS03 - 2007 Campy Record 10 - Custom Wheels
    Colnago Oval Krono LX4 - 2008 Campy Record 10 - Zipp 808/disk
    Colnago Arte bare aluminum - 2007 Campy Record 10 - Zipp 404
    Colnago Arte NS03 - unbuilt
    Bianchi FG Lite Liqui - 2008 Record - Zipp 202

  23. #23
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: surfndav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,362
    Quote Originally Posted by rufus
    If you're going to bring up other people in an attempt to portray Obama in a bad light via whatever relationship he might have with them, is it too much trouble for you to at least learn enough about the issue at hand to be able to spell the man's name correctly?

    Otherwise, you come across as not really knowing anything about it at all, and are just regurgitating stuff you've heard from talk radio and Fox news.

    Anyway, now that you're back, how about explaining to me finally why the private sector isn't doing enough to stimulate the economy? I mean, since they are the solution and all, why aren't they doing more? Why aren't they hiring, creating jobs, spending money? And if they aren't doing it, who will?
    I'm so sorry that I miss typed "Obama" thanks for pointing that out.

    As far as the economy goes, there is too much uncertainty in the private sector right now. Long story short, the government needs to promote an environment of growth. The Obama administration is telling us in so many words that we need to slow our growth and consumption. This idea that we are 5% of the world population but we consume 25% of the worlds resources. Is like telling the economy to throttle back, we've taken to much, slow it down. It gives the private sector the impression that they should not stick their neck out, and why would they in this environment. This is a whole nother thread for another day.

    I've been here all along, I'm just feeling a bit frisky this morning, but now it's time to go ride the bike..See ya.
    "Strange women, lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony." Peasant

    "Our capitalist system provides the initiative for the majority to develop their talents where they will be of most value to the free will bearing people of our nation." Me, 2011

  24. #24
    off the back
    Reputation: rufus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,286
    Actually, it wasn't any mispelling of 'Obama' that I was referring to.

    You rant about the man, why don't you try to actually learn something about him, and maybe you can figure out how his name is spelled in the process.
    "Damn. Y'all murdered the sh*t out that mutherf***er"

  25. #25
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: bahueh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    19,389

    fabs..

    Quote Originally Posted by fabsroman
    Let's be clear about one thing, I am not a Palin supporter. I think I have said that over and over again. In the past Presidential election, I was trying to vote for the candidate that I thought would do the least harm. Ended up going with McCain because I just could not figure out how Obama was going to deliver on all his promises.

    As far as the vow from Obama is concerned, I am evaluating it just based upon what it is. Puffery.
    you're correct...in the end nothing really changes..there are a few less nuclear bombs in the world which is a good thing...but both sides still have the capability to erase the other....and keep the MI going with the perception of a "clear and present danger"...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.