Page 1 of 32 123 ... LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member

just another mass shooting...

it's been a few days since the last one, so here's the latest...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44645986
    Ancient Astronaut theorists say, 'YES!'

RoadBikeReview Member
    odds that the coward is a MAGA fan? After all, the enemy of the people needs to be killed right?
    https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...05063931895811

RoadBikeReview Member
    The President has offered his prayers and thoughts to the victim's family. But no executive order forming a gun violence task force to actually do something.

Oh wait --- if his Administration can't keep track of 2000 kids in cages it is unreasonable for his team to keep track of 300,000,000 guns.

How close is the United States to exploding this tinder-box of a county into violent revolution?
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2014
    **** thoughts and prayers. Also, the poster boy Milo suggested he could not wait for sometime to shoot and kill journalists a few days ago.. now of course he said he was joking.. I seriously hope he gets implicated and is crucified.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by troutmd View Post
    The President has offered his prayers and thoughts to the victim's family. But no executive order forming a gun violence task force to actually do something.

Oh wait --- if his Administration can't keep track of 2000 kids in cages it is unreasonable for his team to keep track of 300,000,000 guns.

How close is the United States to exploding this tinder-box of a county into violent revolution?
    first, Trump is a FAKE christian (he only worships his own awesome self), so his 'prayers' are worthless bs.

as far as violent revolution, guess there are worse options...like living under a dictator like despicable little Donnie wants to become.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Yes, Fox News does suck this much:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tanyachen/f...ews#.lip42zK9g

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007
    The suspect is already in custody. Must have been a white guy.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TimV View Post
    The suspect is already in custody. Must have been a white guy.
    Could be --- might have also passed a federal gun background check marking the NCIS form "Do you suffer any mental health issued?" NO. Who knows, perhaps they were a year or so ago.

Then again the shooter could have bought the gun in state where private sales do not require any background check.
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

hfc
    Doesn't like subtitles
    I thought the Muslim travel ban was supposed to keep this kind of stuff from happening.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc View Post
    I thought the Muslim travel ban was supposed to keep this kind of stuff from happening.
    The rumor this mass murdered was on the terrorist no fly list but still lawfully acquired a rapid fire weapon from a bordering state with lax gun safety laws has not yet been confirmed.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I don't think we are there yet ... I personally think things were worse in the 50's/60's/70's with the civil rights protests/battles.

With that said ... we move closer and closer every day it seems.

I will say this, as I see this missquote a lot and it's pertinent to the current administration:

"Money is the root of all evil" ... which is a false quote

The actual quote is "The LOVE of money" is the root of all evil" ... and this administration and it's supporters (and many on the Democratic side as well) LOVE money to the point it comes before the Country, the People or the Party.
    Snakebit: "How many times do I have to tell you that I don't have a source? I don't make a note of everything I see or hear on the internet and you don't have to take my word for it."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ljvb View Post
    **** thoughts and prayers. Also, the poster boy Milo suggested he could not wait for sometime to shoot and kill journalists a few days ago.. now of course he said he was joking.. I seriously hope he gets implicated and is crucified.
    All it takes is for some idiot like this guy, waiting for an excuse. So Milo steps up and says, "Kill the journalists!" And this guy goes, "Yeah, that's it!" And he made do with a puny shotgun!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredrico View Post
    All it takes is for some idiot like this guy, waiting for an excuse. So Milo steps up and says, "Kill the journalists!" And this guy goes, "Yeah, that's it!" And he made do with a puny shotgun!
    To be "fair and balanced" about this tragedy, we shouldn't be surprised after three years of demonizing the media as liar, fakes, and enemies of truth, justice ,and the American way that someone committed mass-murder at a newspaper using a gun.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2014
    To be "fair and balanced" about this tragedy, we shouldn't be surprised after three years of demonizing the media as liar, fakes, and enemies of truth, justice ,and the American way that someone committed mass-murder at a newspaper using a gun.
    I hate what the president is doing, as well as others attacking journalists. That said, this particular incident evolved from a personal beef between the shooter and a reporter (who has not been at the paper for some time), as well as apparently being rebuffed by a/some woman (not sure of the complete details of that last bit).

This guy was unhinged, but I do not believe the presidents or Milos statements had anything to do with it.

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    Don't forget that the NRA (safe, responsible gun owner's) declared war on the mainstream media
    I lost my phone number. Can I have yours?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ljvb View Post
    I hate what the president is doing, as well as others attacking journalists. That said, this particular incident evolved from a personal beef between the shooter and a reporter (who has not been at the paper for some time), as well as apparently being rebuffed by a/some woman (not sure of the complete details of that last bit).

This guy was unhinged, but I do not believe the presidents or Milos statements had anything to do with it.
    I wasn't implying any single person is responsible for the media hate campaign --- that responsibility is entirely owned by the Republican Party and the neo-conservative cheerleaders --- either by overt actions or tacit (cowardly?) deference.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by old_fuji View Post
    Don't forget that the NRA (safe, responsible gun owner's) declared war on the mainstream media
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/maryland-...101041005.html
    Snakebit: "How many times do I have to tell you that I don't have a source? I don't make a note of everything I see or hear on the internet and you don't have to take my word for it."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    The shooter is a Alt-Right nut
    https://www.salon.com/2018/06/30/exc...the-alt-right/

Odd that the NRA is not calling to arm journalists

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Falsetti View Post
    The shooter is a Alt-Right nut
    https://www.salon.com/2018/06/30/exc...the-alt-right/

Odd that the NRA is not calling to arm journalists
    "There's clearly a history there," Anne Arundel County Police Chief Timothy Altomare told reporters Friday morning, responding to questions about Ramos' connection to the newspaper. "We were not aware of that history until last night."
    How many "red flags" did government have on this mass murder yet not have the lawful authority to suspend his ownership of a gun or other deadly devise?

Seems to be the same "red flag but couldn't do anything" sage over and over. THIS IS NO LONGER JUST A GUN ISSUE.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2018
    i think the NRA would support any law abiding, trained responsible adult being armed. i certainly do. this i would hope includes most journalists.

that's why i support "shall issue" "conceal carry" laws instead of the old racist "may issue" carry laws where, pretty much, the wealthy and well connected and their bodyguards were the only ones issued carry permits.

the overwhelmingly excellent behavior of carry permit holders support this policy. i am also a firearms instructor and carry permit holder.

swimming, cycling and shooting are my greatest interests, as well as anything science, tech or engineering related.

and yes, i carry while cycling and on my job. i've not figured out carrying while swimming. yet.
    tyler

RoadBikeReview Member
    Me too except the NRA refuses to support a national gun registry and periodic gun ownership recertification to name just two needed safety provisions. The again, relying on Reagan's "trust but verify" doctrine, I could be wrong. Accordingly please provide the legislation number, sponsor, and bill title so we can verify the gross error I might have made.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Given the way I see people drive while on the road I an certain I do not want them armed in any way, shape or form. Most people show the responsibility of an ill-intentioned 2 year old.

And in regards to arming teachers to reduce school shootings Nothing like adding more guns into the mix during a chaotic situation, with minimally equipped teachers.

I can only imagine what would happen here in Oregon It's a rainy day, kids have long black umbrellas in their hands as they walk down the hall. Somebody opens fire and out run the "Well armed and trained teachers" they see something long and black in a kids hand Bam, Bam, Bam down goes an innocent student, one after another. 10 more kids killed than if teachers were not armed.

With all these "Well trained, armed individuals" what is their liability if they kill an innocent person in the crossfire? The guilt alone would probably kill them, but does the family of the deceased have any recourse toward the "Well trained, armed individual" that killed their loved one?

More guns in the mix does not help, nore resolve the issue ... but it sure sounds great, doesn't it?

RoadBikeReview Member
    have only ridden ~90K miles, but have yet to have an encounter where I'd wanted to be armed while on a bike.

and the NRA is a nothing more than a cesspool of special interest money.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2018
    actually, carry permit holders, as a group, have far better driving records and fewer accidents than the general population.
    t

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Bon View Post
    actually, carry permit holders, as a group, have far better driving records and fewer accidents than the general population.
    t
    Not that I'm doubting you, but I'm interested in further reading...Can you share some sources on that?
    I lost my phone number. Can I have yours?

Page 1 of 32 123 ... LastLast