Kamala Harris a good choice?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member

Kamala Harris a good choice?

Well here's what Michael Bloomberg thinks:

Every smart executive knows that youíre only as good as the team you build around you.

Itís a lesson Iíve learned over my entire career, and a lesson that clearly escaped our current president. Joe Biden just proved he gets it. By picking Senator Kamala Harris as his running mate, Biden has selected a strong governing partner for his White House.

At a time when the country is facing the worst series of crises in generations, we have seen how debilitating it is to have a White House that is in a constant state of chaos and turmoil, bouncing from one scandal to another, from one reckless decision to another, from one broken promise to another, and from one petty Twitter fight to another.

There are a lot of reasons that Biden picked Harris, including the fact that, over the course of the campaign, she demonstrated she was ready to be commander in chief. But as attention focuses on Harris, itís important to remember what the selection says about Joe. During the campaign, the two of them had their differences and disagreements. But that didnít stop him from picking her. In fact, knowing Joe as I do, Iíd be willing to bet it made her an even more appealing pick. And hereís why:

Biden knows that in building a strong team, itís imperative to surround yourself with people who arenít afraid to tell you exactly what they think ó especially when they think youíre wrong. Harris has the guts to do that for Biden, just as Biden did it for Obama. It may be the single most important role that a vice president can play. And over the past four years, we have seen what happens when a vice president insists that a naked emperor is fully clothed. [Emphasis added]

Bidenís selection of Harris bodes well for the kind of president he would be: someone who prioritizes competence, listens to and respects different viewpoints, embraces diversity and builds teams with strong leaders. And given the extraordinary crisis we are in, we need those values back in the White House more urgently than ever.

The country needs stable, mature, responsible leadership to pull us out of this ongoing disaster ó and Senator Harris will help Joe Biden deliver it.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...0200813-KH-FTB
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

No Lives Matter - D. Trump

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    The deplorables have been wailing that she was only chosen due to her race and gender.

What Democrat would have been a better choice?
    "I would like you to do us a favor"

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Absolutely yes...strong minded career woman who knows how to make an argument and stick to it. Also bonus points for her having embarrassed the GOP before.
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

RoadBikeReview Member
    Now let's see Bloomberg put his money where his mouth is. We need an ad blitz for Biden like his in the primaries.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oh boy. Amazing how folks can overlook all the unqualified white "conservative" males picked for GOP spots...but a smart, non-white woman?! Let's call it a "box ticker" decision.

Mike Pence
    Dan Quayle

It was their skills that got them in, right?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nealric View Post
    Now let's see Bloomberg put his money where his mouth is.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/mee...846#blogHeader

The DNC has also allotted time for Bloomberg to speak at their convention so perhaps there is more news shortly.
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nayr497 View Post
    Oh boy. Amazing how folks can overlook all the unqualified white "conservative" males picked for GOP spots...but a smart, non-white woman?! Let's call it a "box ticker" decision.

Mike Pence
    Dan Quayle

It was their skills that got them in, right?
    Don't forget Dick Cheney, who was supposed to be the chair of the selection committee but picked himself.

Opus was just napping
    Quote Originally Posted by nealric View Post
    Don't forget Dick Cheney, who was supposed to be the chair of the selection committee but picked himself.
    Cheney for all of his faults (which would fill a book) was maybe an extremely well qualified VP.

Served in the house for a number of terms, was Secretary of Defense. You can call him an arsehole and you would be right but you cannot call him unqualified.
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

Russian Troll Farmer
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsmybush View Post
    Cheney for all of his faults (which would fill a book) was maybe an extremely well qualified VP.

Served in the house for a number of terms, was Secretary of Defense. You can call him an arsehole and you would be right but you cannot call him unqualified.
    A lot of people have claimed that Cheney was actually running the white house.....

Still, I can hardly wait for the 'birther wing' of the republican party to demand she release her birth certificate. Any day now......
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by No Time Toulouse View Post
    Still, I can hardly wait for the 'birther wing' of the republican party to demand she release her birth certificate. Any day now......
    Oh, it's already going on. The hysteria over her genetic makeup and the fact that her parents weren't US citizens at the time of her birth is quite the show.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    Trump stokes Kamala Harris 'birther' theory
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53774289
    President Donald Trump says he has heard Democratic running mate Kamala Harris "doesn't qualify" to serve as US vice-president, amplifying a fringe legal theory critics decry as racist.
    At Thursday's press conference, Mr Trump was asked about the argument against Ms Harris.
    The president said: "I just heard it today that she doesn't meet the requirements and by the way the lawyer that wrote that piece is a very highly qualified, very talented lawyer.
    she doesn't qualify because she wasn't born in this country."
    Earlier on Thursday, a Trump campaign adviser, Jenna Ellis, reposted a tweet from the head of conservative group Judicial Watch, Tim Fitton.

In that tweet, Mr Fitton questioned whether Ms Harris was "ineligible to be Vice President under the US Constitution's 'Citizenship Clause'".
    Trump is garbage. He surrounds himself with cowards. The enablers that sit silently while he spews his racist lies are cowards.
    Last edited by Doctor Falsetti; 08-13-2020 at 04:17 PM.

Sooper Dooper Moderator!
    Kamala is a great choice.

A Story of Love
    Quote Originally Posted by il sogno View Post
    Kamala is a great choice.
    Amen, gurl.
    MH: I want to go like my Dad did - peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

SS: COMPLACENCY IS LETHAL. VOTE in November.

Homer: I believe that the children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Falsetti View Post
    The deplorables have been wailing that she was only chosen due to her race and gender.

What Democrat would have been a better choice?
    Hillary Clinton?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Falsetti View Post
    Trump stokes Kamala Harris 'birther' theory
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53774289

Trump is garbage. He surrounds himself with cowards. The enablers that sit silently while he spews his racist lies are cowards.
    He casts doubt twice, qualifying his way out by casting more doubt on Kamala's enablers, daring them to prove the allegation to be a lie.

"I have no idea if that's right. I would have assumed the Democrats would have checked that out before she gets chosen to run for vice-president.

"But that's a very serious, you're saying that, they're saying that she doesn't qualify because she wasn't born in this country."

Trump is counter punching on the race card and first woman VP card. Same as he did trying to delegitimize the first black president. Yes, racist for sure, but picking up on a dare. He'll satisfy the base, yet escape the grasp of the gotcha media without proving their narrative. "I have no idea if that's right!"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by troutmd View Post
    Well here's what Michael Bloomberg thinks:

Every smart executive knows that youíre only as good as the team you build around you.

Itís a lesson Iíve learned over my entire career, and a lesson that clearly escaped our current president. Joe Biden just proved he gets it. By picking Senator Kamala Harris as his running mate, Biden has selected a strong governing partner for his White House.

At a time when the country is facing the worst series of crises in generations, we have seen how debilitating it is to have a White House that is in a constant state of chaos and turmoil, bouncing from one scandal to another, from one reckless decision to another, from one broken promise to another, and from one petty Twitter fight to another.

There are a lot of reasons that Biden picked Harris, including the fact that, over the course of the campaign, she demonstrated she was ready to be commander in chief. But as attention focuses on Harris, itís important to remember what the selection says about Joe. During the campaign, the two of them had their differences and disagreements. But that didnít stop him from picking her. In fact, knowing Joe as I do, Iíd be willing to bet it made her an even more appealing pick. And hereís why:

Biden knows that in building a strong team, itís imperative to surround yourself with people who arenít afraid to tell you exactly what they think ó especially when they think youíre wrong. Harris has the guts to do that for Biden, just as Biden did it for Obama. It may be the single most important role that a vice president can play. And over the past four years, we have seen what happens when a vice president insists that a naked emperor is fully clothed. [Emphasis added]

Bidenís selection of Harris bodes well for the kind of president he would be: someone who prioritizes competence, listens to and respects different viewpoints, embraces diversity and builds teams with strong leaders. And given the extraordinary crisis we are in, we need those values back in the White House more urgently than ever.

The country needs stable, mature, responsible leadership to pull us out of this ongoing disaster ó and Senator Harris will help Joe Biden deliver it.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...0200813-KH-FTB

progressives hate mike bloomberg. they tried to block him from speaking at the democratic national convention. they've also blocked him from helping with the 2020 campaign. he said some nice things about harris which he might have said anyway and now he's speaking at the 2020 convention along with andrew yang.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredrico View Post
    Hillary Clinton?
    Good point.

If Hillary had been elected in 2016, she arguably would now be running for re-election.

Why not run her now?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PJay View Post
    Good point.

If Hillary had been elected in 2016, she arguably would now be running for re-election.

Why not run her now?
    Uhh... because she lost? It's not exactly a mystery. Besides, she was frankly never THAT popular within the Democratic party. Joe Biden would have likely beat her in 2016 had Beau Biden not died in late 2015. I liked her well enough and think the Conservative echo chamber did her serious dirty over the years. But I'd be the first to admit she's not a super engaging or exciting politician. She would have gone down in flames in the 2020 Democratic primary.

xxl
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

There are over 6.2 million covid cases in the United States (as of September 6th), eight months after Donald Trump said it was "totally under control," and that "it's gonna be just fine."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Good point.

Why not run her now?
    Obviously because Trump could not play the idiotic birther card again.

Devoid of all flim-flam
    I continue to like Kamala Harris an awful lot. I also supported Hillary Clinton and thought she'd be a fine President. The trouble is, she turned out to be distinctly unlikable on the campaign trail. That pasted on smile chilled me to the bone. To my eyes, Trump won the beauty contest.
    Mapie is a conventional looking former Hollywood bon viveur, now leading a quiet life in a house made of wood by an isolated beach. He has cultivated a taste for culture, and is a celebrated raconteur amongst his local associates, who are artists, actors, and other leftfield/eccentric types. I imagine he has a telescope, and an unusual sculpture outside his front door. He is also a beach comber. The Rydster.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    Good point.

Why not run her now?
    She has said repeatedly that she had no interest in returning to politics.

What Dem do you think is better qualified than Harris?

A Story of Love
    The right-wingers sure are obsessed with Hillary.

Even though she isnít running for anything, hasnít for four years, and most likely never will again.

Itís probably a desperate desire to return to the 2016 campaign, when they were facing a weaker opponent than Biden-Harris.

And back before Donnie shat the bed with his poor leadership.
    MH: I want to go like my Dad did - peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

SS: COMPLACENCY IS LETHAL. VOTE in November.

Homer: I believe that the children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    And back before Donnie shat the bed with his poor leadership.
    I think "Pi$$ed the bed" would be a better expression for Trump ... given his love for golden showers.

Just sayin
    Voting isn't marriage - it's public transport. You are not waiting for "The One" who is absolutely perfect. You are getting on the bus, and if there isn't one going exactly to your destination you don't stay at home and sulk - you take the one going closest to where you want to be!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    Newsweek apologized for the Op Ed that Trump, and his enablers, have been promoting.

ďThis op-ed is being used by some as a tool to perpetuate racism and xenophobia. We apologize,Ē "To many readers, the essay inevitably conveyed the ugly message that Senator Kamala Harris, a woman of color and the child of immigrants, was somehow not truly American.Ē

How did such a blatantly false piece of propaganda make it into Newsweek? You can thank recently hired opinion editor, Trump-backing conservative activist and attorney Josh Hammer. He is a former Ted Cruz aide and member of the Federalist Society and the right-leaning Claremont Institute, who joined Newsweek in May after writing for Ben Shapiroís Daily Wire.

Ben Shapiro​​​​​

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast