Koch: Hillary Might Be Preferable As President
Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    A Story of Love
    Reputation: SystemShock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    35,520

    Koch: Hillary Might Be Preferable As President

    Holy. sh!t.

    Billionaire businessman Charles Koch said in an interview airing Sunday that “it’s possible” another Clinton in the White House could be better than having a Republican president.

    Koch, the CEO of Koch industries, made the comment to ABC News’ Jonathan Karl for an interview airing on ABC’s This Week.

    Koch and his brother, David, and their associated groups plan to spend nearly $900 million on the 2016 elections.

    The comment came after Karl asked about former President Bill Clinton’s term, to which Koch said Clinton was “in some ways” better than George W. Bush.

    “As far as the growth of government, the increase in spending, it was two-and-a-half times under Bush that it was under Clinton,” he said.

    Karl followed up by asking about whether or not Koch could see himself supporting Hillary Clinton. Koch hesitated before giving an answer that didn’t rule out the possibility.

    “We would have to believe her actions would have to be quite different than her rhetoric, let me put it that way,” he said.


    Charles Koch: 'It's possible' Clinton is preferable to a Republican for president - POLITICO

    MH: I want to go like my Dad did — peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

    Sys: COMPLACENCY IS LETHAL. VOTE in November.

    Homer: I believe that the children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

    Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

    Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind.


  2. #2
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: troutmd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    27,435
    Trump === the man who outted The Establishment.
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.


    My job is to call balls and strikes and not pitch or swing a bat. ... I have no agenda.

  3. #3
    A Story of Love
    Reputation: SystemShock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    35,520
    It's interesting how no one has a thing to say 'bout this.

    Isn't Koch kind of a patron saint of the Right by now?
    MH: I want to go like my Dad did — peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

    Sys: COMPLACENCY IS LETHAL. VOTE in November.

    Homer: I believe that the children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

    Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

    Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind.


  4. #4
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: nealric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,576
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    It's interesting how no one has a thing to say 'bout this.

    Isn't Koch kind of a patron saint of the Right by now?
    Not really a surprise. Koch primarily represents big business interest. First and foremost, businesses want a stable environment to operate in. Trump introduces massive uncertainty. Hillary does not.

  5. #5
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: troutmd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    27,435
    Quote Originally Posted by nealric View Post
    Not really a surprise. Koch primarily represents big business interest. First and foremost, businesses want a stable environment to operate in. Trump introduces massive uncertainty. Hillary does not.
    Agree --- Wall Street, and the Fortune 500 corporations give to both parties as a means to maintain the "steady as she goes" formula for predictability The Establishment relishes. In 2016, Trump nor Sanders fit their status quo model.
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.


    My job is to call balls and strikes and not pitch or swing a bat. ... I have no agenda.

  6. #6
    Lone Rider
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    It's interesting how no one has a thing to say 'bout this.

    Isn't Koch kind of a patron saint of the Right by now?
    No, He's one of the owners.

  7. #7
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,191
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    It's interesting how no one has a thing to say 'bout this.

    Isn't Koch kind of a patron saint of the Right by now?

    I really think the left give the Koch brothers a raw deal. They do give tons of money to charity. They're not all that bad.


    But, that aside, What does this do for Hillary? I mean if a Koch is warm to Hillary in the WH, want the liberal run the other direction?


    *The Patron St of the Right would have to be William Buckley.

    *I would'nt even say Koch is a living legend. That would be Thomas Sowell.



    *well, At least in my book, I'm not so sure todays average self described, "conservative" even know who those guys are.
    Last edited by dougclaysmith; 04-26-2016 at 02:17 PM. Reason: To add maybe in book.

  8. #8
    A Story of Love
    Reputation: SystemShock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    35,520
    Quote Originally Posted by dougclaysmith View Post

    *well, At least in my book, I'm not so sure todays average self described, "conservative" even know who those guys are.
    They often don't. Even Rush Limbaugh has said that "Buckley's great, but I bet you he doesn't communicate with more than about 5% of people" due to the (educated) language he used. And Limbaugh said that a loooong time ago.

    Today's conservative heroes, sadly, are more likely to be people like Ted Cruz, Limbaugh, Hannity, Ann Coulter, the Kochs, etc. People more respected for their brashness or money than their brains.
    MH: I want to go like my Dad did — peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

    Sys: COMPLACENCY IS LETHAL. VOTE in November.

    Homer: I believe that the children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

    Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

    Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind.


  9. #9
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,191
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    They often don't. Even Rush Limbaugh has said that "Buckley's great, but I bet you he doesn't communicate with more than about 5% of people" due to the (educated) language he used. And Limbaugh said that a loooong time ago.

    Today's conservative heroes, sadly, are more likely to be people like Ted Cruz, Limbaugh, Hannity, Ann Coulter, the Kochs, etc. People more respected for their brashness or money than their brains.

    Yeeeepppp,

    But, they don't know the Koch brothers, the know the left like to cry about them, but not really know who they are.



    What a lot of folks (the left, the right, the media, the entertainment world) think what it means to be conservative, is actually wrong. The Neocons, the Tea Party, the USA USA USA crowd have high jacked the term.


    But that is another conversation for another day.

  10. #10
    A Story of Love
    Reputation: SystemShock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    35,520
    Quote Originally Posted by dougclaysmith View Post
    Yeeeepppp,

    But, they don't know the Koch brothers, the know the left like to cry about them, but not really know who they are.
    They didn't know who the Kochs were for a long time because the Kochs wanted it that way... they were hugely influential behind the scenes, but they did everything on the downlow and gave money through difficult-to-trace methods.

    That's changed in recent years, thanks to journalists like Jane Mayer who kinda blew the lid off the operation. The Koch Bros. and their network of donors are going to give nearly $1 billion this election cycle... if you're a con and still don't know who they are, you're kinda ignorant of something that's very important, i.e. who your kingmakers are.

    By comparison, on the Dem side, George Soros never gave more than $25 mil in any election cycle, IIRC. So the Koches and their related donors are about 40 times more influential on the Repub/right-leaning-libertarian side.


    What a lot of folks (the left, the right, the media, the entertainment world) think what it means to be conservative, is actually wrong. The Neocons, the Tea Party, the USA USA USA crowd have high jacked the term.

    But that is another conversation for another day.
    Check my signature below. E.J. Dione has it right... modern day 'conservatism' isn't really conservatism at all, it's reactionary pessimism. You're correct, some folks have come along in recent years and hijacked the term 'conservative' for their own ends.






    .
    Last edited by SystemShock; 04-26-2016 at 03:55 PM.
    MH: I want to go like my Dad did — peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

    Sys: COMPLACENCY IS LETHAL. VOTE in November.

    Homer: I believe that the children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

    Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

    Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind.


  11. #11
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,191
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    They didn't know who the Kochs were for a long time because the Kochs wanted it that way... they were hugely influential behind the scenes, but they did everything on the downlow and gave money through difficult-to-trace methods.

    That's changed in recent years, thanks to journalists like Jane Mayer who kinda blew the lid off the operation. The Koch Bros. and their network of donors are going to give nearly $1 billion this election cycle... if you're a con and still don't know who they are, you're kinda ignorant of something that's very important, i.e. who your kingmakers are.

    By comparison, on the Dem side, George Soros never gave more than $25 mil in any election cycle, IIRC. So the Koches and their related donors are about 40 times more influential on the Repub/right-leaning-libertarian side.



    Check my signature below. E.J. Dione has it right... modern day 'conservatism' isn't really conservatism at all, it's reactionary pessimism. Some folks have come along in recent years and hijacked the term 'conservative' for their own ends.
    Well, all that Koch money sort of balances out all the Union money, entertainment money, Trail lawyer money on the left.

    I personally have zero problem with big money donations to political candidates. I just think it should be transparent. Reason being, guys like Gary Johnson can't get off the ground because with the individual campaign limits he can't get enough traction. But, if he had a big wallet backing him, and we knew who it was, then he can have an actual campaign.




    Agree, today's "conservatives" don't want to conserve ALL life, or fiscal resources, or natural resources, or respect for fellow man, or chiverly, or manners. And they certainly don't believe in smaller government and person freedom / responsibility, risk and reward.


    But neither do modern day liberals.

  12. #12
    off the back
    Reputation: rufus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,989
    Quote Originally Posted by dougclaysmith View Post


    What a lot of folks (the left, the right, the media, the entertainment world) think what it means to be conservative, is actually wrong. The Neocons, the Tea Party, the USA USA USA crowd have high jacked the term.


    But that is another conversation for another day.
    Maybe if so-called "conservatives" tried acting, oh, I don't know, conservative, maybe we could get some idea.
    "Damn. Y'all murdered the sh*t out that mutherf***er"

  13. #13
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: bahueh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    19,389
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    They often don't. Even Rush Limbaugh has said that "Buckley's great, but I bet you he doesn't communicate with more than about 5% of people" due to the (educated) language he used. And Limbaugh said that a loooong time ago.

    Today's conservative heroes, sadly, are more likely to be people like Ted Cruz, Limbaugh, Hannity, Ann Coulter, the Kochs, etc. People more respected for their brashness or money than their brains.
    you forget Palin....completely brainless.
    Not banned yet.

  14. #14
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: bahueh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    19,389
    Quote Originally Posted by dougclaysmith View Post
    Well, all that Koch money sort of balances out all the Union money, entertainment money, Trail lawyer money on the left.

    I personally have zero problem with big money donations to political candidates. I just think it should be transparent. Reason being, guys like Gary Johnson can't get off the ground because with the individual campaign limits he can't get enough traction. But, if he had a big wallet backing him, and we knew who it was, then he can have an actual campaign.




    Agree, today's "conservatives" don't want to conserve ALL life, or fiscal resources, or natural resources, or respect for fellow man, or chiverly, or manners. And they certainly don't believe in smaller government and person freedom / responsibility, risk and reward.


    But neither do modern day liberals.
    they don't? how so? liberals don't believe in conservation of resources, respect of fellow man? how does one come to that conclusion?
    Not banned yet.

  15. #15
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,294
    Clinton gets the Krotch Bros endorsement, and Drumph gets endorsed by Putin.

    Merica!

  16. #16
    A Story of Love
    Reputation: SystemShock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    35,520
    Quote Originally Posted by dougclaysmith View Post
    I personally have zero problem with big money donations to political candidates.
    A great many ppl disagree with you on that, because whether it's big money from the Right or from the Left (and I'd say the Right has more – both Koch Brothers were in the Top 5 of Richest People in America in 2015), you're still winding up with politicians being bought en masse by special interests, and said pols then listening to said special interests over regular Americans.

    As a system, it's pretty fubar'd. In fact, as a system, it's a recipe for eventual revolution, if it can't be reformed.


    Agree, today's "conservatives" don't want to conserve ALL life, or fiscal resources, or natural resources, or respect for fellow man, or [chivalry], or manners. And they certainly don't believe in smaller government and person freedom / responsibility, risk and reward.

    But neither do modern day liberals.
    I'd say that some of that is accurate, and some isn't, and that you have some odd misconceptions about liberals. But I do believe that you're not a liberal, and would be unhappy supporting same.

    So, given that and your apparent dislike for modern 'conservatives' that really aren't conservative, I'd say that a right-leaning libertarian such as yourself is pretty much up sh!t creek. Condolences.

    Perhaps Gary Johnson will get to 5% and score some federal funding this cycle... seed money to build up a bit of a movement behind him, maybe. He actually has a real shot at that, given how polarizing the likely major party candidates are.
    MH: I want to go like my Dad did — peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

    Sys: COMPLACENCY IS LETHAL. VOTE in November.

    Homer: I believe that the children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

    Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

    Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind.


  17. #17
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    18,404
    Quote Originally Posted by dougclaysmith View Post
    they don't know the Koch brothers,
    Um, that is the idea. The Koch's are not in this to get famous but to promote their agenda.

    The rank and file many not know them but they sure do repeat what Koch's paid liars tell them.

  18. #18
    off the back
    Reputation: rufus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,989
    Quote Originally Posted by bahueh View Post
    they don't? how so? liberals don't believe in conservation of resources, respect of fellow man? how does one come to that conclusion?
    Cause one's a lock-step Republican party supporter, and will happily recycle their brainless babble. .


    Excuse me, I meant "libertarian"
    "Damn. Y'all murdered the sh*t out that mutherf***er"

  19. #19
    Not Banned
    Reputation: atpjunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    49,013
    Quote Originally Posted by dougclaysmith View Post
    Well, all that Koch money sort of balances out all the Union money, entertainment money, Trail lawyer money on the left.
    .
    it doesn't compare. The 1% money far outweighs union money. Union $ also comes from lots of people, every union employee so it is representing a far larger % of the population.
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

    still not figgering on biggering

  20. #20
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,191
    Quote Originally Posted by bahueh View Post
    they don't? how so? liberals don't believe in conservation of resources, respect of fellow man? how does one come to that conclusion?
    Well, maybe for resources, but not really respect for fellow man. Just as an example, I see constant disrespect for those that disagree with the left wing talking point.

  21. #21
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,191
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post

    So, given that and your apparent dislike for modern 'conservatives' that really aren't conservative, I'd say that a right-leaning libertarian such as yourself is pretty much up sh!t creek. Condolences.

    .

    That's about right.

  22. #22
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,326
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    Check my signature below.
    I've wondered about that for a loooong time. I don't think my nerves would even let me do that in front of a lot of people unless I was really having stomach problems.

  23. #23
    A Story of Love
    Reputation: SystemShock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    35,520
    Quote Originally Posted by dir-t View Post
    I've wondered about that for a loooong time. I don't think my nerves would even let me do that in front of a lot of people unless I was really having stomach problems.
    Eh, that joke was a reach, but I'll give you props for tryin'.
    MH: I want to go like my Dad did — peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

    Sys: COMPLACENCY IS LETHAL. VOTE in November.

    Homer: I believe that the children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

    Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

    Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind.


  24. #24
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,191
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    Eh, that joke was a reach, but I'll give you props for tryin'.
    I think Bjork is too much of a lady for that, now GG Allin, for sure.

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GG_Allin


    And yes, there are YouTube videos of it, if you so desire. I went there once, something's you just can't unsee.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 80
    Last Post: 09-23-2011, 09:22 AM
  2. Who gets the axe? Mom or Mr. Koch?
    By BadHabit in forum Politics Only
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-29-2010, 10:14 AM
  3. President Hillary will let YOU die!
    By RoubRider in forum Politics Only
    Replies: 118
    Last Post: 09-28-2007, 06:44 PM
  4. President Hillary Will BAN the Bible!
    By undies in forum Politics Only
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-28-2007, 10:38 AM
  5. Big ring vs. small ring, either preferable?
    By mainframe in forum General Cycling Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-08-2004, 06:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.