McConnell subborting the Constitution
    WA outdoor enthusiast
    Mar 2002

McConnell subborting the Constitution

I thought in the governmental process:
    1. the House of Reps and Senate passed laws that the Executive Branch could accept or veto (yes there are alternatives).

2. Then the Legislature has alternatives: drop it, change it, override veto.

Somebody explain to me where this rule making process is delineated.

Who is Mitch (obstructionist in majority Senate party) McConnell?

Un-Americans running ameriKKKa. SAD

McConnell needs to be investigated for obstruction of the Legislative Process.

I may have to dis-associate myself from USA citizenship. Easy because it's not the same america. What should I become? Central North American, Portuguese Swiss NewZealander (who prefers to live close to Canada), Citizen from a Humanistic Dimension, .

RoadBikeReview Member
    Why don't the Democratic senators just go to the senate and vote. The absence of any Republicans would not be a good look? Sure they would pass nothing but the senators in purple states would soon turn up. Once they get Susan Collins and a few other GOPs voting, pretty soon they would have a veto proof spending bill. too easy!

RoadBikeReview Member
    had to google 'subborting'...

means supporting someone during an abortion.
    Ancient Astronaut theorists say, 'YES!'

WA outdoor enthusiast
    Mar 2002
    yeah, not a word.

i'm not bound by protocol - the new non-PC.
    I guess you take my meaning.
    Tho I can accept yours, too.

What the what???
    Quote Originally Posted by SantaCruz View Post
    yeah, not a word.

i'm not bound by protocol - the new non-PC.
    I guess you take my meaning.
    Tho I can accept yours, too.
    I dig the enthusiasm, but we get a lot of the syntax errors already from Trump*... bigly... covfefe???

But I do agree that McConnell forgets he has a constituency he is supposed to represent beyond Trump*.
    The Law of Headwinds states: If the ride out is easy you better leave something in the tank for the turn...

off the back
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwisimon View Post
    Why don't the Democratic senators just go to the senate and vote. The absence of any Republicans would not be a good look? Sure they would pass nothing but the senators in purple states would soon turn up. Once they get Susan Collins and a few other GOPs voting, pretty soon they would have a veto proof spending bill. too easy!
    They can't vote unless the bill comes to the floor for the vote. And Turtle Boy controls what legislation comes up for votes, and what doesn't, and he's not allowing this to come to the floor.
    "Damn. Y'all murdered the sh*t out that mutherf***er"

WA outdoor enthusiast
    Mar 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    They can't vote unless the bill comes to the floor for the vote. And Turtle Boy controls what legislation comes up for votes, and what doesn't, and he's not allowing this to come to the floor.
    thank you for defining my title.

RoadBikeReview Member
    They can't vote unless the bill comes to the floor for the vote.
    House is sending bills, just go into the senate and pretend Turtle boy is there. IT's all political theatre but it at least shows the Dems are turning up. It's all about optics.

WA outdoor enthusiast
    Mar 2002
    instead of treating the Legislative branch as equal to the Executive branch, traitor McConnell is subordinating the Legislative branch to the will of the Executive branch. Over a small percentage, partisan expenditure that is unpopular with the majority of citizens. Traitor Drumpft again demonstrates = unfit for office.

and holding hostage the govt and the nation's security (not to mention Credibility). TSA agents calling in sick faster than Puerto Rican police fleeing that island.

Funny, Traitor Drumpft commented about French turmoil and Brexit chaos, but his own government appointees have been investigating him to learn the truth about Russian involvements - to the extent that he was investigated as a possible Russian mole. USA in crisis.

More people voted against Traitor Drumpft - by over 3 million. Not including over 1M Green Party votes. So that's 4M vote loss for the repub candidate and counting ballot stuffing + minority voter suppression, Traitor Drumpft probably lost the theoretically honest popular vote by 8M.

Resist his Wall. (stupid and ineffective). Better Border controls exist than Wall.
    Over-reach of the Executive Office.
    Rescind the Patriot Act.
    Last edited by SantaCruz; 01-12-2019 at 08:27 PM.

off the back
    House is sending bills, just go into the senate and pretend Turtle boy is there. IT's all political theatre but it at least shows the Dems are turning up. It's all about optics.
    As I said, and apparently you don't understand, they cannot vote on whatever bills the House passes unless Turtle Boy brings them to the Senate floor. And he's not.

Them's the rules. Don't like it, change 'em. Oh wait, that would require a vote on the floor.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2013
    Just like Harry Reid use to do.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

RoadBikeReview Member
    So the senate chambers are locked unless Mitch opens them? What if he has an aneurysm while punching out a week's worth of meat with no veggies while back home in Kentucky?

WA outdoor enthusiast
    Mar 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mjc29 View Post
    Just like Harry Reid use to do.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Refresh our memory - Reid shut down the government (partial) for weeks???

edit: ..over a $5B partisan expenditure, unpopular with the general public, bigly unpopular.

re-edit: i'll agree that H. Reid was not such a fair guy.
    Last edited by SantaCruz; 01-12-2019 at 10:21 PM.

off the back
    So the senate chambers are locked unless Mitch opens them? What if he has an aneurysm while punching out a week's worth of meat with no veggies while back home in Kentucky?
    No. He introduces the legislation that will be voted on. He controls the workflow of the Senate. They can be open for business and vote on a whole slew of things, as long as Mitch brings it to the floor. If he doesn't, it doesn't get a vote.

Speaker does the same thing in the House.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Once they get Susan Collin]s and a few other GOPs voting, pretty soon they would have a veto proof spending bill.
    Sen. Collins is concerned. Very concerned.

too easy!
    That's what Mango Mugabe said about trade wars.

RoadBikeReview Member
    QUiZ -

I you had but one vote to eliminate eithe Trump or McConnell which would you select?
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by troutmd View Post
    QUiZ -

I you had but one vote to eliminate eithe Trump or McConnell which would you select?
    Neither ... they both would be replaced with equal or worse individuals.

Let them stay, let Mueller finish his report and see the $hit fly ... but, if I had to pick, Trump ... easy decision.
    Snakebit: "How many times do I have to tell you that I don't have a source? I don't make a note of everything I see or hear on the internet and you don't have to take my word for it."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookiebiker View Post
    Neither ... they both would be replaced with equal or worse individuals.
    Worst then Trump or McConnell --- not that is a disturbing proposal.
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by troutmd View Post
    Worst then Trump or McConnell --- not that is a disturbing proposal.
    Pence could very possibly be way worse than Trump ... same or more conservative policy, but doesn't shout it to the world. Appears to be more able to communicate with GOP Senators and House members to get the ultra conservative/Make America White Again agenda through.

McConnell ... he would just be replaced with another lackey that would do the exact same thing and protect Trump, but even more so at this time. They would still stall all bi-partisan bills or Democratic bills in the Senate, thus nothing getting done unless it serves the ultra conservative agenda.

It would be ... at this time ... a move backwards, as sad or hard as that it is to believe.
    Snakebit: "How many times do I have to tell you that I don't have a source? I don't make a note of everything I see or hear on the internet and you don't have to take my word for it."

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    Trump may very well end up matching Nixon's record of four SCOTUS appointments in his first term and Cocaine Mitch is good at running them through.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookiebiker View Post
    Pence could very possibly be way worse than Trump ... same or more conservative policy, but doesn't shout it to the world. Appears to be more able to communicate with GOP Senators and House members to get the ultra conservative/Make America White Again agenda through.

McConnell ... he would just be replaced with another lackey that would do the exact same thing and protect Trump, but even more so at this time. They would still stall all bi-partisan bills or Democratic bills in the Senate, thus nothing getting done unless it serves the ultra conservative agenda.

It would be ... at this time ... a move backwards, as sad or hard as that it is to believe.
    Nah --- Trump is not the correct answer because he's the gift that keeps on giving. Team Nancy is going to ride his gift-giving back all the way to the 2020 White House win.

But McConnell is another story ... the proverbial Master of the MasterBlaster Senate. The GOP Senators on Team Mitch (Grassley/Thune/Barrasso/Enrst/Todd/Blunt) all largely lacking party leadership and tactical skills. But in fairness Grassley/Thune/Barrasso seem to always show up for the McConnell photo-op. Mitch goes and the Senate's decade long abuse of the Constitution fades while Graham, Fubio and Cruz make fools of themselves flip-flopping as the pander to the right using worn-out Reagan talking points.