Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: #MeToo

xxl
    Quote Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    Because each case should be seen on it's individual merit.
    And you think that women who contact one another to let each other and the larger society know they've been victims of sexual harassment precludes being able to judge each case on its individual merits?

What merits do you think would be compromised?
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

xxl
    Yeah, I'm worried that my daughters could have less opportunities because of the asinine #MeToo movement.
    Is the "asinine" #MeToo movement anything like this one?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Me_Too_movement

"The Me Too movement (or #MeToo movement), with many local and international alternative names, is a movement against sexual harassment and sexual assault."

That just doesn't seem like the kind of thing that many people would come out publicly in favor of, so I'm not sure how you intended your comment.

Also not sure what sort of opportunities you feared your daughter might not enjoy because of #MeToo (the regular kind), but they work to make sure your daughters would have fewer "opportunities" to be sexually harassed and/or assaulted. This is a good thing, yes?

usually unusual
    Yeah, I'm worried that my daughters could have less opportunities because of the asinine #MeToo movement.

Monkhouse: I want to go like my Dad did – peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

System: Fake news?? Trump's a Fake President, for God's sake.

Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

Homer: I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind

banned
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    Is the "asinine" #MeToo movement anything like this one?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Me_Too_movement

"The Me Too movement (or #MeToo movement), with many local and international alternative names, is a movement against sexual harassment and sexual assault."

That just doesn't seem like the kind of thing that many people would come out publicly in favor of, so I'm not sure how you intended your comment.

Also not sure what sort of opportunities you feared your daughter might not enjoy because of #MeToo (the regular kind), but they work to make sure your daughters would have fewer "opportunities" to be sexually harassed and/or assaulted. This is a good thing, yes?
    I understood the issue to be that 'sexual harassment' and 'sexual assault' are ill defined. Traditional physical interactions between men and women may be construed as criminal in the current environment.

It does not appear to beyond some people to claim victimhood in hopes of gaining some monetary, social, or commercial advantage.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsmybush View Post
    Just so you you know those pron videos offering a job...are not real.

Also shoplifters dont normally end up having sex with the security guard on camera.
    What about off camera?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyP View Post
    Traditional physical interactions between men and women may be construed as criminal in the current environment.
    Could it be that "Traditional physical interactions" were male dominated, one sided and criminal in the first place?

It's easy not to see it from a male perspective, from from a female perspective the interactions may be both seen and perceived very differently.
    Snakebit: "How many times do I have to tell you that I don't have a source? I don't make a note of everything I see or hear on the internet and you don't have to take my word for it."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    It does not appear to beyond some people to claim victimhood in hopes of gaining some monetary, social, or commercial advantage.
    Hannity, and the rest of the clowns on Fox, have turned faux victimhood into a giant industry. As long as they keep their viewers sacred and the outrage machine humming they make money

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Falsetti View Post
    One article that focuses on an industry that is notoriously sexist represents a trend? Seriously?

Sounds like some folks have been watching too much Mad Men and want things to return the 50's.......or are concerned their past actions are going to catch up with them.

You have something to tell us? Better to get in front of it
    Not fishing off the company pier should be part of every county training manual as well as part of the father-to-son facts of life chat.
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

usually unusual
    Quote Originally Posted by troutmd View Post
    Not fishing off the company pier should be part of every county training manual as well as part of the father-to-son facts of life chat.
    Yup. Too bad Roger Ailes’ dad never had that conversation with him. Or Bill O’Reilly and his dad. Or (insert Faux News guy here)...

Which makes it xtra-hilarious when any of the ‘opinionators’ from that network hold forth on the #MeToo movement. They can’t even keep their own house in order, for chrissake...
    Monkhouse: I want to go like my Dad did – peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

System: Fake news?? Trump's a Fake President, for God's sake.

Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

Homer: I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind

banned
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookiebiker View Post
    Could it be that "Traditional physical interactions" were male dominated, one sided and criminal in the first place?

It's easy not to see it from a male perspective, from from a female perspective the interactions may be both seen and perceived very differently.
    I expect that for all of history women have used the 'boob brush' to indicate interest in a person. Would you consider that criminal? It might be just as unwanted?

The lint brush, the arm touch, the tie straighten, the hip rub, hardly male dominated, but perhaps one sided and criminal if we follow your lead.

xxl
    I understood the issue to be that 'sexual harassment' and 'sexual assault' are ill defined. Traditional physical interactions between men and women may be construed as criminal in the current environment.

Q: Which group do you think is larger, the people who falsely claim victimhood, or the people who've actually been victimized?

Before answering, I suggest talking with some female people, their perspective may well surprise you.

gazing from the shadows
    I expect that for all of history women have used the 'boob brush' to indicate interest in a person. Would you consider that criminal? It might be just as unwanted?

The lint brush, the arm touch, the tie straighten, the hip rub, hardly male dominated, but perhaps one sided and criminal if we follow your lead.
    Tell them they have some lint, tell them their tie is crooked and offer to straighten it... consent will be granted or not. Keep your boobs and hips off other people in the workplace or public, unless they have let you know they are fine with it.

Your rights end at the tip of my nose. Touching people without their consent is wrong, a violation of rights. It might be accepted after the fact, it might be rude, it might be cause for a civil complaint (to HR or a court based lawsuit) or it might be criminal, depending on the details.

What give YOU the right to touch anyone without their consent?
    Stout beers under trees, please.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010

Suuuuure they have. ........And men have used the pu$$y grab to indicate interest. Even the President does it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2014

Oh, good grief! Stop thinking with your small head. Boobs and hips protrude a substantial distance and every woman has inadvertently brushed someone in close quarters. This does not mean that she is on the make. I can't tell you how often I have knocked something off a shelf or table with my hip - even knocked over a glass with a boob when reaching for something on the dining table.

Not everything is about sex - at least for women.

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredrico View Post
    Yep. As pioneers of the sexual revolution used to say, "Don't let your dick control your life." To which one could add, "Never make the first move" when surrender is nigh. Control is everything. You must wait patiently at the door until invited in.
    However, I certainly endorse knocking...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2017
    And you think that women who contact one another to let each other and the larger society know they've been victims of sexual harassment precludes being able to judge each case on its individual merits?
    Nope.

My main problem with the "movement" is the politics, the "believe women" crap.
    Jobs, not Mobs...

banned
    Jul 2018
    Q: Which group do you think is larger, the people who falsely claim victimhood, or the people who've actually been victimized?

Before answering, I suggest talking with some female people, their perspective may well surprise you.
    Using your criteria every woman must be believed?

An op-ed in the newspaper today by a female legal aid attorney referenced a study done at Colgate University.

She claims the study found that blacks at Colgate make up 4% of the student population but make up 51% of those referenced in sexual assault complaints.

I suggest you might want to consider this in your thinking.

RoadBikeReview Member

So, what I hear you saying is it goes both ways?

Well, that's a no-brainer, I'm guessing you had to think long and hard about that. The difference is men are far and away the aggressor in these situations.

Nobody, at any point in time said flirtation was off the table ... it's a big part of both initiating and the beginning of relationships.

What men fail to understand is when a women isn't interested, they need to stop and move on. Stop trying to pursue that individual, continue to make advancements, etc. in hopes they will "Change their mind".

Generally if something doesn't work for a guy, they just try something else, escalate their behavior and tell themselves "That woman wants me, I just know it ... why else would she wear that?". Then they proceed to grab them improperly, push up against them in sexual ways, limit access to promotions or other opportunities because of they continue to reject the male.

There are big differences in the ways that men and women pursue relationships ... men are overt, women "Tend" to be covert. It's the overt parts that generally lead to criminal behaviors.

There are certainly aggressive women out there that push the limits into criminality, however, the percentages of them compared to men are very small. This is what men tend to not understand ... and by your post, you fail to understand.

My guess, based on your post ... you have misunderstood inadvertent action with flirtation most of your life.
    Snakebit: "How many times do I have to tell you that I don't have a source? I don't make a note of everything I see or hear on the internet and you don't have to take my word for it."

banned
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post
    Tell them they have some lint, tell them their tie is crooked and offer to straighten it... consent will be granted or not. Keep your boobs and hips off other people in the workplace or public, unless they have let you know they are fine with it.

Your rights end at the tip of my nose. Touching people without their consent is wrong, a violation of rights. It might be accepted after the fact, it might be rude, it might be cause for a civil complaint (to HR or a court based lawsuit) or it might be criminal, depending on the details.

What give YOU the right to touch anyone without their consent?
    I don't believe I said I had the right to touch anyone without their consent?

Why are you stating I said this? I don't want to be a complainer but if you continue to put words in my mouth I will need to report you.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nope.

My main problem with the "movement" is the politics, the "believe women" crap.
    Sooo ... what I'm hearing you say is all women are liars and want not only your sexual advancements, but all male sexual advancements. Only men are to be believed, women are subservient to men and not to be believed?

Got it ... thanks

banned
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Falsetti View Post
    Suuuuure they have. ........And men have used the pu$$y grab to indicate interest. Even the President does it.
    Rather an extreme example. Do you believe this has been the norm? I suggest you may be exaggerating but what purpose does that serve?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Using your criteria every woman must be believed?

An op-ed in the newspaper today by a female legal aid attorney referenced a study done at Colgate University.

She claims the study found that blacks at Colgate make up 4% of the student population but make up 51% of those referenced in sexual assault complaints.

I suggest you might want to consider this in your thinking.
    Does that make the sexual assault complaints invalid? Especially since you are now making it racial?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Rather an extreme example. Do you believe this has been the norm? I suggest you may be exaggerating but what purpose does that serve?
    For the current POTUS ... yes! For the rest of male society, not the norm for most, but for some definitely!

banned
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by kimoly View Post
    Oh, good grief! Stop thinking with your small head. Boobs and hips protrude a substantial distance and every woman has inadvertently brushed someone in close quarters. This does not mean that she is on the make. I can't tell you how often I have knocked something off a shelf or table with my hip - even knocked over a glass with a boob when reaching for something on the dining table.

Not everything is about sex - at least for women.
    I believe the question was one of 'criminal behavior'. Regarding both men and women, when would you say inadvertent touching rises to the level of criminal behavior?

Your remark about 'thinking with your small head' rises to the level of sexism and should not be tolerated here. Would it be OK for me to accuse you of 'thinking with your pu$$y'?

banned
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookiebiker View Post
    Does that make the sexual assault complaints invalid? Especially since you are now making it racial?
    I'm not making it anything. I reported what I read which seems to indicate that either black men are overwhelmingly responsible for sexual assault at Colgate, far in excess of their population.

Or, they are being blamed unfairly by women. I'm not making it racial, those are the numbers.

The female lawyer seemed to think many of these complaints were unfair. This would seem to indicate that some degree of lying, exaggeration, call it what you will, is going on.

Why shoot the messenger? I'm not that familiar with this forum, is that a habit of yours?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast