Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 125

Thread: #MeToo

  1. #1
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    739

    #MeToo

    These may not be the consequences that the movement intended?

    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...en-at-all-cost
    Jobs, not Mobs...

  2. #2
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: DaveWC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,402
    Quote Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    These may not be the consequences that the movement intended?

    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...en-at-all-cost
    You're right. Women should have just accepted being raped, sexually assaulted and grabbed by the pu$$y. When you're rich they should recognize that and let you get away with it.
    Trump lies so often and his supporters always believe him. When he tells the truth & says that he plans to cut Medicare, Medicaid & SS suddenly they become hard of hearing or simply don't believe their ears. The only important & truthful thing the man has said & they don't buy it.

  3. #3
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,907
    I think the closing paragraphs sum it up nicely.

    "...He thought about leaving his office door open, or inviting a third person into the room.

    Finally, he landed on the solution: “Just try not to be an *******.”

    That’s pretty much the bottom line, said Ron Biscardi, chief executive officer of Context Capital Partners. “It’s really not that hard.”

  4. #4
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: troutmd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    22,673
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWC View Post
    You're right. Women should have just accepted being raped, sexually assaulted and grabbed by the pu$$y. When you're rich they should recognize that and let you get away with it.
    Look if you think invading Iraq for WMD's was a bad idea, let me tell you allowing women to vote was worst.
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

  5. #5
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    739
    What about the reality that the "movement" may have unintended consequences that may be damaging to women and their place in society?
    Jobs, not Mobs...

  6. #6
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    11,724
    bag of dicks being asked to behave less like a bag of dicks.
    cranks the dickness to 11.
    Blows your hair back.

  7. #7
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: DaveWC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,402
    Quote Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    What about the reality that the "movement" may have unintended consequences that may be damaging to women and their place in society?
    What about it? What's your point? Should women not have come forward and accused their abusers because of this consequence?

    You must have some woman in your life that you wouldn't want to be raped or molested by someone like Trump. Let's say your mother was in a room alone with him & he did what he says that he does. Now knowing that if she speaks up she may not find work for Trump or similar org'ns, what do you suggest that she do?

    In other words, your link is as stupid as if there was an article stating that the clergy was considering not using young boys as alter boys because they didn't want to risk more of their members grabbing the little boys' members. My assumption is that the young boys would prefer that they weren't molested and the women prefer that they weren't abused and the fact that not standing for this abuse might make it harder to find work is better than the alternative.
    Trump lies so often and his supporters always believe him. When he tells the truth & says that he plans to cut Medicare, Medicaid & SS suddenly they become hard of hearing or simply don't believe their ears. The only important & truthful thing the man has said & they don't buy it.

  8. #8
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11,487
    One article that focuses on an industry that is notoriously sexist represents a trend? Seriously?

    Sounds like some folks have been watching too much Mad Men and want things to return the 50's.......or are concerned their past actions are going to catch up with them.

    You have something to tell us? Better to get in front of it

  9. #9
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Oxtox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    10,100
    Quote Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    What about the reality that the "movement" may have unintended consequences that may be damaging to women and their place in society?
    kinda like that whole civil rights 'movement'...

    the Negroes should have recognized that they had it good with their own bathrooms and water fountains.
    Ancient Astronaut theorists say, 'YES!'

  10. #10
    Cycling Addict
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    3,921
    This would be a violation of EEO laws. I guess that these misogynists would rather be sued for that violation than exposed as the sexual deviants they must be.
    Life is short... enjoy the ride.

  11. #11
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Fredrico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    25,281
    Quote Originally Posted by dir-t View Post
    I think the closing paragraphs sum it up nicely.

    "...He thought about leaving his office door open, or inviting a third person into the room.

    Finally, he landed on the solution: “Just try not to be an a$$hole.”

    That’s pretty much the bottom line, said Ron Biscardi, chief executive officer of Context Capital Partners. “It’s really not that hard.”
    Nailed it!

  12. #12
    usually unusual
    Reputation: SystemShock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    32,173
    Oh NOES, progress ain't perfect! Who knew?! Let's call the whole thing off!

    Or... guys could just not sexually harass teh wimmenz. But I guess that's too difficult, for some.
    .
    Monkhouse: I want to go like my Dad did – peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

    System: Fake news?? Trump's a Fake President, for God's sake.

    Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

    Homer: I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

    Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind


  13. #13
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Fredrico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    25,281
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    Oh NOES, progress ain't perfect! Who knew?! Let's call the whole thing off!

    Or... guys could just not sexually harass teh wimmenz. But I guess that's too difficult, for some.
    .
    Yep. As pioneers of the sexual revolution used to say, "Don't let your dick control your life." To which one could add, "Never make the first move" when surrender is nigh. Control is everything. You must wait patiently at the door until invited in.

  14. #14
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    739
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWC View Post
    What about it? What's your point? Should women not have come forward and accused their abusers because of this consequence?
    Good question. Of course women should come forward if they are abused. That is something that is an individual endeavor, not something that should be done by a group or a "movement". The outcome of that endeavor should be based on the facts, not the persons sex. Perhaps this "movement", that seemed to be hell bent on "believe women" should have been a little more forward thinking about the ramifications of siding with one party or the other simply based on their sex?

    Jobs, not Mobs...

  15. #15
    xxl
    xxl is offline
    Moderator
    Reputation: xxl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    34,014
    [QUOTE=davesupra;5282336]Good question. Of course women should come forward if they are abused. That is something that is an individual endeavor, not something that should be done by a group or a "movement"....

    Why not?
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

    Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

  16. #16
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11,487
    Quote Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    Good question. Of course women should come forward if they are abused. That is something that is an individual endeavor, not something that should be done by a group or a "movement". The outcome of that endeavor should be based on the facts, not the persons sex. Perhaps this "movement", that seemed to be hell bent on "believe women" should have been a little more forward thinking about the ramifications of siding with one party or the other simply based on their sex?
    You sound worried Dave.....do you have something to tell us?

  17. #17
    Not Banned
    Reputation: atpjunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    48,856
    when one party has a long tradition of fighting equal rights legislation, choosing SCOTUS appointees with histories of harassment and supporting them, voting against women's reproductive rights and health, and pretty much exclude them from their ranks in power positions of politics it really shouldn't shock anyone women side with the other party.

    'don't be an a-hole' and the GOP typically sides with a - holes
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

    still not figgering on biggering

  18. #18
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11,487
    Quote Originally Posted by atpjunkie View Post
    when one party has a long tradition of fighting equal rights legislation, choosing SCOTUS appointees with histories of harassment and supporting them, voting against women's reproductive rights and health, and pretty much exclude them from their ranks in power positions of politics it really shouldn't shock anyone women side with the other party.

    'don't be an a-hole' and the GOP typically sides with a - holes
    The odd thing is the GOP used to be the women's party. In the 60's and 70's they were the driving force in the party. That is no longer. Only 42% of women voted for Trump and the GOP was decimated in the midterms thanks to suburban women abandoning the party.

    Threads like this show why they left. Many in the GOP wish women would know their place and keep quite.

  19. #19
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: DaveWC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,402
    Quote Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    1. Of course women should come forward if they are abused. That is something that is an individual endeavor, not something that should be done by a group or a "movement".

    2. The outcome of that endeavor should be based on the facts, not the persons sex.

    3. Perhaps this "movement", that seemed to be hell bent on "believe women" should have been a little more forward thinking about the ramifications of siding with one party or the other simply based on their sex?
    1. They came forth individually. There were so many that came forward, they appeared to be a group. Many came forward because they saw that others did & finally decided to share their story. They realized that men formed the justice/decision making side of the equation and their silence was playing into the hands of men that felt that abusing women was acceptable. The men may not have a name for their group but they have had as much of a "movement" over the decades of abusing women and then banding together to deny them justice. The pendulum is merely swinging against men & they don't like it. Therefore, now they're using their strength of being bosses & company owners to continue to abuse women by denying them work.

    2. That is how the outcomes are determined. You're confusing the social media reaction to justice.

    3. Funny that no one ever said that prior to this about simply believing men that they did nothing wrong. Today with hidden cameras, DNA tests and witnesses willing to speak we are seeing that believing men is no more just than believing women. Your country has a POTUS who admits on camera to abusing women, later recants, and voters like you are willing to believe him rather than the 18+ women who say he did exactly what he says that he did. Disgusting.
    Trump lies so often and his supporters always believe him. When he tells the truth & says that he plans to cut Medicare, Medicaid & SS suddenly they become hard of hearing or simply don't believe their ears. The only important & truthful thing the man has said & they don't buy it.

  20. #20
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    739
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Falsetti View Post
    You sound worried Dave.....do you have something to tell us?
    Yeah, I'm worried that my daughters could have less opportunities because of the asinine #MeToo movement.
    Jobs, not Mobs...

  21. #21
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    739
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    Why not?
    Because each case should be seen on it's individual merit.
    Jobs, not Mobs...

  22. #22
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: DaveWC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,402
    Quote Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    Yeah, I'm worried that my daughters could have less opportunities because of the asinine #MeToo movement.
    Here's hoping that your daughters have less opportunity to be raped, molested or assaulted because women are finally coming forward and reporting these crimes. The #metoo movement is superfluous to the criminal activity that has long gone unreported and unpunished. To be worried about the effect that reporting crime has on job opportunities is insane and places jobs over personal safety.
    Trump lies so often and his supporters always believe him. When he tells the truth & says that he plans to cut Medicare, Medicaid & SS suddenly they become hard of hearing or simply don't believe their ears. The only important & truthful thing the man has said & they don't buy it.

  23. #23
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: STRANA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    336
    That's kind of the point
    Quote Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    Because each case should be seen on it's individual merit.
    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    They those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. The problem is you can't teach stupid and history is taught in a classroom.

  24. #24
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11,487
    Quote Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    Yeah, I'm worried that my daughters could have less opportunities because of the asinine #MeToo movement.
    Based on one article? Why is it Trump's followers are always searching for ways to paint themselves as victims?

  25. #25
    Opus was just napping
    Reputation: thatsmybush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    18,737
    Quote Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    Yeah, I'm worried that my daughters could have less opportunities because of the asinine #MeToo movement.
    Just so you you know those pron videos offering a job...are not real.

    Also shoplifters dont normally end up having sex with the security guard on camera.
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. #metoo doesn't go far enough.
    By Fredrico in forum Politics Only
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-08-2018, 11:24 PM
  2. #metoo goes #toofar
    By Local Hero in forum Politics Only
    Replies: 404
    Last Post: 03-03-2018, 01:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.