Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Welcome to the jungle
    Quote Originally Posted by love4himies View Post
    Spreading conspiracy theories as MSM did in this case is no better than Prison Planet doing the same. To scream that the video was doctored is just a way to distract from the fact that Acosta laid a hand on the intern.
    He didn't, but that's okay. I think most reasonable ppl are tuning you out by now on this.

And again... how do you feel about the actually serious Lewandowski and Gianforte assault incidents? Still got nothing to say on those? Alrighty then.

Monkhouse: I want to go like my Dad did – peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

System: Fake news?? Trump's a Fake President, for God's sake.

Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

Homer: I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind

RoadBikeReview Member
    Or the reporter can respect that time is limited and he is not the only reporter in the room to ask the President questions. Review xxl's post with the transcript, Acosta got his questions answered, time is up and move on to another reporter.
    Respect - "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.”
    Snakebit: "How many times do I have to tell you that I don't have a source? I don't make a note of everything I see or hear on the internet and you don't have to take my word for it."

DBT
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2008
    Acosta stands his ground, by barely making contact with the forearm of an intern, and gets banned by a guy that forcefully grabs women by their genitals. Have I gotten the basics?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Quote Originally Posted by DBT View Post
    Acosta stands his ground, by barely making contact with the forearm of an intern, and gets banned by a guy that forcefully grabs women by their genitals. Have I gotten the basics?
    It wasn't even standing his ground. To me, it looked like he was just talking with his hands, and not paying attention to the intern reaching in front of him.
    I lost my phone number. Can I have yours?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by old_fuji View Post
    It wasn't even standing his ground. To me, it looked like he was just talking with his hands, and not paying attention to the intern reaching in front of him.
    What you witnessed there was Trump's idea of "reaching across the aisle".

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by old_fuji View Post
    Could be. Or could just be spontaneous reaction to someone pushing their hand in front of your face.

If only he just grabbed her by the pu$$y. Trump would've high 5'ved him they'd be bud's.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

Welcome to the jungle
    Sums it up. Though you forgot the "and brags about it" part.

This is definitely the most ridiculous thread I've ever been in in PO, or close. And that's sayin' somethin'... I used to debate AM666 all the time, after all.
    Monkhouse: I want to go like my Dad did – peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

System: Fake news?? Trump's a Fake President, for God's sake.

Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

Homer: I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jimb100 View Post
    What does the intern say?

If she says she was karate chopped, we must believe her.
    *woosh*
    Did you hear the point of the thread fly by?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    You guys have gone in so many spiraling circles even the OP forgot what the OP was about.

The point is that the White House used a doctored video to misrepresent an event and support their narrative. A secondary point could be that they take hoax videos from nonreputable sources to do so.

That's the issue. The far right trolls of this board consistently lay bread crumbs in obfuscating and non sensical paths and everyone else just follows them around like little pigeons. Fool me once...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tlg View Post
    1 ≥ 11 in the bubble
    It is really surprising that this "fake news" was even dreamed up, and cast out there. I guess the "trump plays more golf than obama" meme was not polling well with focus groups, so a change of tactics had to be done.

My impression throughout Trump regime is that he has taken press questions in various contexts a great deal.

I went back and looked these up. Yep. Lots of contact.

nov 07 impromptu
    nov 05 impromptu
    nov 04 impromptu
    nov 02 impromput
    nov 01 presser with questions
    oct 31 impromptu
    oct 26 impromptu
    oct 22 impromptu
    oct 20 impromptu
    oct 17 "red tape" citizens meeting
    oct 16: extensive interview w 3 journalists
    oct 15 - visit to post-michael hurricane w press qs
    oct 15 impromptu
    oct 14 60 minutes interview
    oct 13 impromptu
    oct 13 pastor brunson mtg, with press qs
    oct 12 impromptu remarks, questions re pastoer brunson
    oct 11 on fox news w shannon bream
    oct 10: michael / fema briefing with press qs
    oct 09: impromptu
    oct 08: impromptu
    oct 06: interview w jeanine pirro
    oct 06 impromptu
    oct 02 impromptu
    oct 01: press conference regarding USMCA / NAFTA deal

etc. etc.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PJay View Post
    It is really surprising that this "fake news" was even dreamed up, and cast out there. I guess the "trump plays more golf than obama" meme was not polling well with focus groups, so a change of tactics had to be done.

My impression throughout Trump regime is that he has taken press questions in various contexts a great deal.

I went back and looked these up. Yep. Lots of contact.

nov 07 impromptu
    nov 05 impromptu
    nov 04 impromptu
    nov 02 impromput
    nov 01 presser with questions
    oct 31 impromptu
    oct 26 impromptu
    oct 22 impromptu
    oct 20 impromptu
    oct 17 "red tape" citizens meeting
    oct 16: extensive interview w 3 journalists
    oct 15 - visit to post-michael hurricane w press qs
    oct 15 impromptu
    oct 14 60 minutes interview
    oct 13 impromptu
    oct 13 pastor brunson mtg, with press qs
    oct 12 impromptu remarks, questions re pastoer brunson
    oct 11 on fox news w shannon bream
    oct 10: michael / fema briefing with press qs
    oct 09: impromptu
    oct 08: impromptu
    oct 06 impromptu
    oct 02 impromptu
    oct 01: press conference regarding USMCA / NAFTA deal

etc. etc.
    Deflection noted.
    The subject was PRESS CONFERENCES. Trump had 1. Obama 11. You can not deny that. And no 1 is not greater than 11. And yes Trump plays more golf.

Trump taking questions from reporters in the "pool," a rotation of reporters who follow the president's movements and send the information out to the rest of the press is different than a formal press conference, which provide an opportunity for the broader White House press corps to ask their questions.

"Contact" is not "Conference"

Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by PJay View Post
    Hahahahaha

Pretending that being interview by his propaganda mouthpiece is a "Press Conference" is comical.....and desperate.

Ricardo Cabeza
    Quote Originally Posted by tfinator View Post
    *woosh*
    Did you hear the point of the thread fly by?

The point of the thread is to badmouth Trump.

But jimb100 is 100% correct. Ask the intern. Was she assaulted? If she says yes, liberals have no choice but the believe her.

But they will of course try to sidestep the question entirely. Like I said before, hypocrisy and double standards are to liberals like 2x4s are to people that build houses.
    Whenever the legislators endeavour to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience, and are left to the common refuge which God hath provided for all men against force and violence - John Locke

SuperAndy's Garage

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy69 View Post
    The point of the thread is to badmouth Trump.

But jimb100 is 100% correct. Ask the intern. Was she assaulted? If she says yes, liberals have no choice but the believe her.

But they will of course try to sidestep the question entirely. Like I said before, hypocrisy and double standards are to liberals like 2x4s are to people that build houses.
    You missed it too. Good to know.

DBT
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2008

I've been checking the liberal handbook. I don't see this rule anywhere.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Ask the intern. Was she assaulted? If she says yes, liberals have no choice but the believe her.
    Have you reached those straws you're grasping at yet?

Opus was just napping
    Whelp you can shut the thread down Trump just said what Acosta did wasn't "horrible" and wasn't the reason the credentials were pulled. So the reason Sanders gave and then made a point of posting the doctored video is now mute.

He also explained that more may be pulled if the press doesn't show more respect, then he called a journalist's question stupid (narrator: it wasn't) and called another one a loser.

On the lackey in the AG office, Trump "doesn't know him. He was always exteremely highly thought of" (narrator: He isn't) Of course in an interview in October he said, "I can tell you Matt Whitaker is a great guy. I know him." My guessing he does indeed know him since he met with him more than a dozen times when he was with the keebler Elf he put on a shelf.
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

RoadBikeReview Member
    I've been checking the liberal handbook. I don't see this rule anywhere.
    Yes. Hilary was on the recent revision committee. Bill pressured her to cut that part.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    Well, there were. Now, there are maybe twenty.

But this gets back to the "Why We Post" question; it's partly to address those who may stumble in here, partly to examine our own POVs in the crucible of discourse and to have others question those views, and TBH, partly to rehearse, so that when some sonofab!tch at a cocktail party or the office starts going off on some addle-headed discourse about "how things are," well, we've got our knowledge hammers at the ready to smack 'em down!

Others' mileage may vary.
    good answer.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Rarely is jimbo correct, but he's always right... of center, far right actually. Ask yourself this, who put their hands on the other first?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    To summarize

*Trump makes an a$$ of himself once again
    *His paid liar puts out an edited video, and fake narrative, to deflect from Trump being an a$$
    *His loyal followers buy his lies and parrot them

SSDD

xxl
    Or the reporter can respect that time is limited and he is not the only reporter in the room to ask the President questions. Review xxl's post with the transcript, Acosta got his questions answered, time is up and move on to another reporter.
    No he didn't, he was interrupted by Trumpstool, and then insulted by Trumpstool.

I posted as much, so please don't miscast my words.

This bears repeating, in boldface:

Here’s the thing: it doesn’t really matter if the video was doctored or not. The bigger issue here is that the President of the United States continually and aggressively ridicules and evades the free press in this country, to the point of suspending access to one of the nation’s most prominent journalists simply for asking a question. And the White House is using a few seconds of physical contact as an excuse to try to silence press they don’t like.
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

xxl
    Quote Originally Posted by tlg View Post
    Three seconds? That's the time allotted?
    Because that's how long it took for Trump to begin confronting, insulting, and interrupting him.

BTW... is the "official" time allotment documented somewhere? In this case, it had zero to do with time allotment and 100% to do with avoiding questions.
    ^This.

xxl
    Spreading conspiracy theories as MSM did in this case is no better than Prison Planet doing the same. To scream that the video was doctored is just a way to distract from the fact that Acosta laid a hand on the intern.
    None are screaming (though your attempt to characterize the people you're disagreeing with in a negative light is noted--is that your version of "civility?") but plenty know the truth about what happened, people who were there to see.

Ignore all that if you wish, it won't change a thing.

xxl
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    Sums it up. Though you forgot the "and brags about it" part.

This is definitely the most ridiculous thread I've ever been in in PO, or close. And that's sayin' somethin'... I used to debate AM666 all the time, after all.
    True dat, it was like talking to a saucer cultist.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast