Na, na, na, na...hey hey hey....goodbye
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shirtcocker

Na, na, na, na...hey hey hey....goodbye

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/08/...ign/index.html

Don't let the door hit yr arse on the way out.

//I love the pat answer: " It's the "right time to be giving more time to his family," spokesman says" LOL!!!
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

Yo no fui.
    Talk about a pyrric (sp?) victory. He won two presidential elections and helped the Republicans take the federal government by storm. He's not leaving because he was forced out or becasue of the current political sh*tstorm, but becasue Bush is in the last months of his term and doesn't need Rove anymore. What's the point of Rove staying? None.

That said, the stick family answer is absurd. He'll be in a right-wing think tank in no time.
    "It is better to conquer yourself, than to win a thousand battles." -Dhammapada

"Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

"A true cyclist sometimes has to bite the dust before he can reach the stars. Laurent Fignon

Call me a Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo
    a right-wing think tank
    That's an oxymoron.
    Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You may starch my jumper
    Hang it upside your wall
    You know by that, baby
    I need my ashes hauled.

Sleepy John Estes

H

Yo no fui.
    How about right-wing group that elaborates on over-simplified principes?

"A true cyclist sometimes has to bite the dust before he can reach the stars. Laurent Fignon

Shirtcocker
    He's not leaving because he was forced out
    Not sure about that...I bet the heat has been on him for some time now.
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus Jones II
    Not sure about that...I bet the heat has been on him for some time now.
    For at least 6 years now. I figured the left would try to claim victory since they're still squalling, background noise, just background noise. he's leaving because:

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakebit
    For at least 6 years now. I figured the left would try to claim victory since they're still squalling, background noise, just background noise. he's leaving because:

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
    So you think having a disingenous strategist who thinks he's above the law is an asset to the GOP?

Rove's Legacy:

http://commentisfree.guardian.co.uk/...d_in_mind.html
    The end result? His president is at 31% and will go down in history as a failure. The country is in worse shape, majorities of Americans believe, than it's been in quite a while. The Middle East is a powder keg. Terrorism is on the rise.

There is, though, a silver lining: Rove may have indeed played a part in bringing about a political realignment. It just won't be the one he had in mind.

Yo no fui.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
    Political victories accomplished, I suppose.

Substantive vitories re: war on terror, war in Iraq, war on the Taliban, economy, immigration, you name it . . . what's been accomplished there?

RoadBikeReview Member
    So you think having a disingenous strategist who thinks he's above the law is an asset to the GOP?
    He was better than the opposition, that seems indisputable. He left you guys a caterwauling mob that can't even decide what they stand for after they regain a bit of power. Yes, I think he's been an asset and I dispute that outlaw image you try to pin on him. That's just how you salve your egos for being so utterly useless.

Shirtcocker
    what's been accomplished there?
    They managed to plumb new lows in creating public distrust of the government. They subverted the Constitution for political gain. Halliburton and big oil are posting record profits. Yea Rove.

Shirtcocker
    He was better than the opposition, that seems indisputable. He left you guys a caterwauling mob that can't even decide what they stand for after they regain a bit of power. Yes, I think he's been an asset and I dispute that outlaw image you try to pin on him. That's just how you salve your egos for being so utterly useless.
    Hitler was better than the opposition at the time. Might doesn't make right.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Hitler was better than the opposition at the time. Might doesn't make right.
    Godwin you own thread? Go back to your celebration Bo. Just pretend I didn't say anything and you should be able to ignore reality long enough to get your mood back.

Shirtcocker
    Godwin you own thread? Go back to your celebration Bo. Just pretend I didn't say anything and you should be able to ignore reality long enough to get you mood back.
    Yeah...in Rove's case it's an apt comparison.

//this sounds promising though. Maybe Dead-eye Cheney will be on this trip?

He said the first thing he'll do after leaving the White House is "go dove hunting in West Texas."
    Last edited by Bocephus Jones II; 08-13-2007 at 07:09 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Yeah...in Rove's case it's an apt comparison.

//this sounds promising though. Maybe Dead-eye Cheney will be on this trip?
    That's the spirit.

Daylight Fading

Rove's departure a coincidence?

Interestingly, just last week the Dems basically cave on the eavesdropping/FISA issue (albeit for 6 months until they can "review it.") and then Rove leaves. INteresting timing. Me-wonders if a politcal deal was cut. We'll give ya FISA you boot Rove. Bush has nothing to lose in Rove leaving but the Dems get a little something to crow about for a few news cycles.

Thoughts?

BT
    "If dreams are like movies, then memories are films about ghosts." A. Duritz

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eyebob
    Interestingly, just last week the Dems basically cave on the eavesdropping/FISA issue (albeit for 6 months until they can "review it.") and then Rove leaves. INteresting timing. Me-wonders if a politcal deal was cut. We'll give ya FISA you boot Rove. Bush has nothing to lose in Rove leaving but the Dems get a little something to crow about for a few news cycles.

Thoughts?

BT
    I don't think so. I believe they caved, as you put it, because the silent strength of the party understands the reality that exists beyond the rhetoric that has given them their majority. The "review" in 6 months is just more of the rhetoric. I think Rove just wore out and the party is winding down now. I'm acutally relieved at the things that so dismay the more liberal members of this forum. It indicates to me that there is more depth to the political leadership than one can see in the headlines and that the country isn''t actually secondary to holdingn the reins. Ever the optomist.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Political victories accomplished, I suppose.

Substantive vitories re: war on terror, war in Iraq, war on the Taliban, economy, immigration, you name it . . . what's been accomplished there?
    The economy is very strong. The war on terror is working pretty well, we haven't had another 9/11 and immigration remains the issue it has always been. The President, by the way, is very liberal on immigration. This has been a successful Presidency on any front you care to delve into and I believe history will reflect that down the road when the political smoke clears. Things could have been better but that can be said of any adminstration.

Shirtcocker
    The economy is very strong. The war on terror is working pretty well, we haven't had another 9/11 and immigration remains the issue it has always been. The President, by the way, is very liberal on immigration. This has been a successful Presidency on any front you care to delve into and I believe history will reflect that down the road when the political smoke clears. Things could have been better but that can be said of any adminstration.
    you and I see things very differently. Amazing for you to think the war is going well and the economy is strong. Compared to what? WWIII and The Great Depression?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Could the war on terror be going well, even if the war in Iraq is not?

I am sure Iraq is tying up resources for the terrorist, as well as for the U.S. Could this be a resource war? out smart, out last, out play, aka cold war.

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by desmo13
    Could the war on terror be going well, even if the war in Iraq is not?
    How do you measure the results? Kinda like having a war on fear or a war on feeling groovy. The fact that we haven't had a repeat of 9/11 is not enough. 9/11 might have been an anomaly.

Sooper Dooper Moderator!
    Talk about a pyrric (sp?) victory. He won two presidential elections and helped the Republicans take the federal government by storm. He's not leaving because he was forced out or becasue of the current political sh*tstorm, but becasue Bush is in the last months of his term and doesn't need Rove anymore. What's the point of Rove staying? None.

That said, the stick family answer is absurd. He'll be in a right-wing think tank in no time.
    He's supposedly going to write a book.

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by il sogno
    He's supposedly going to write a book.
    Don't they all?

Soon to be banned
    Isn't he divorced and his son is away at college? What family will he spending time with?
    Oh, it's the Halliburton family....
    "Walmart ... Where else can you crush your business competition, and yet, serve and control the lumpenproletariat." Mr. Grumpy

السلام عليكم

RoadBikeReview Member
    you and I see things very differently. Amazing for you to think the war is going well and the economy is strong. Compared to what? WWIII and The Great Depression?
    This is world war three and the economy is indisputably strong. That's why Democrats ain't running on it this time around. They hate Bush and think that's enough and so far, it seems to satisfy their base.

Sooper Dooper Moderator!
    How about if we take the immigration front. He tried twice to get immigration bills put through congress and failed both times.

BTW, if you ever get tired of all that kool-aid, I recommend TANG.

Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast