The Official Trump* Impeachment Thread (2019 Edition) - Page 8
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Opus51569 View Post
    "What I can tell you about the Trump policy toward Ukraine: It was incoherent, it depends on who you talk to, they seem to be incapable of forming a quid pro quo," the South Carolina Republican said outside the Senate Judiciary Committee. "So no, I find the whole process to be a sham and I'm not going to legitimize it."
    Graham is becoming the wise man of the senate. He's referring also to the State Dept. employees as well as WH staff. The transcripts veer off into self-parodies, a bit like Alice in Wonderland!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredrico View Post
    Hey, I'm just a simple doob
    .....Yup
    "I would like you to do us a favor"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2013
    Since the VP and a lot of other personnel of the admin were involved in the QPQ, how does impeachment impact all the other traitors of the administration. Surely they are not going to be left to clean up the crumbs?
    BANNED

RoadBikeReview Member
    So the Attorney General refused Trump's request to declare the President did nothing illegal with the Ukraine call?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-w...ll-11573104736
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    Unlike many of today's GOP William Cohen is not a coward
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...spinelessness/

“I think it’s either fear or complicity.” That is how former Maine Republican senator and secretary of defense William S. Cohen tries to explain Republicans’ subservience to President Trump and willful disregard for replete evidence of corruption. “It’s predominantly fear. He will target them,” Cohen tells me in a phone interview Wednesday afternoon....

Cohen has no doubt that Trump has abused his power and committed impeachable acts. He starts with Trump’s public accusations and threats against lawmakers. “Certainly that’s an abuse of power. There’s nothing like the president basically inciting [attacks].” Trump does this, Cohen says, when he suggests a “civil war” would occur if he were ousted. “Now we have people walking around with AR-15s and AK-47s. What are we doing here?”

Cohen talks in terms Republicans rarely do these days. He sees the presidency as a fiduciary role, a position of trust. “We hold fiduciaries to a higher standard than we do anyone else,” he explains. “Power must be entrusted to someone, but no one can be trusted with power.” Hence, we have our checks and balances. For Cohen, Trump’s conduct unquestionably is impeachable. “It’s not a close call for me,” he says.

On Ukraine and Trump’s holdup of aid to extract election fodder, Cohen says, “I think it was perfectly corrupt.” He suggests that this is part of a pattern we have seen ever since Trump demanded that then-FBI director James B. Comey pledge personal loyalty. “We’re on the road to tyranny if people don’t step up,” Cohen says bluntly.

On Russia more generally, Cohen says, Russian President Vladimir Putin “wants to reconstruct the former Soviet Union under a Russian flag.” Everything from Trump supporting Brexit (weakening the European Union) to his raising doubts about NATO to his “undermining the CIA” by siding with Putin serves Putin’s interests. Cohen thinks the answer may lie “in those tax returns” Trump is hellbent on keeping secret.

off the back
    Wait a minute. Biden is on video threatening to withdraw money from Ukraine unless they fired Shoken, that is, "got rid of corruption." Trump followed through. Yovanovich was onboard with anti-corruption efforts. But she hated Trump. What brought her down was insubordination.

Mentioning Hunter Biden's membership in Burisma, most likely heavily involved in the corruption. Hardly an impeachable offense. Biden and Trump were warning greedy moneymen they better clean up their act if they wanted the money.

Trump ended up where he started: "no conditions." "There was no quid pro quo." Zelensky got the money. The dithering state dept. employees were very confused. They wrongly assumed a possible quid pro quo on hearsay. This is typical of the Deep State. Diplomats are traditionally at the top of the heap. They're real snobs and very proper. They couldn't handle Trump.
    I see the time away hasn't made you any smarter, nor any more well versed in the facts about the subjects that you bloviate on here about.
    "Damn. Y'all murdered the sh*t out that mutherf***er"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2014
    ... removed for everyone else's sanity ....
    First off, your facts are way off, no surprise there.
    Bidens (VP) only crime was shooting his mouth off and being less than professional. Shokan was removed because he was the corruption. The US, EU, IMF and most other western countries that were providing aid wanted him removed.

Biden (Jr) was never the subject of any investigation. The owner of Burisma was, and the charge was enriching himself. The investigation was eventually shelved, but then restarted. Shokan was the largest impediment to any corruption investigation into Burisma's owner, who had/has ties to oligarchs, and Shokan was essentially protecting the owner.

Having a corrupt AG is what the problem was, and AG Shokan had to go before the west would release any funds. ....

But other than that.... everything else you posted was also bullshit.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by duriel View Post
    Since the VP and a lot of other personnel of the admin were involved in the QPQ, how does impeachment impact all the other traitors of the administration. Surely they are not going to be left to clean up the crumbs?
    This will be an interesting outcome. While I have no love of Trump, I don't want to see him impeached, because then we end up with Pence. I have said before, Trump rules out of fear, and it is not fear of Trump, rather those GOP politicians are afraid that Trump will turn his rabid base against them, killing their chances for re-election. Yes, it is spineless, but it is the current reality.

Pence on the other hand, as much of a religious whack job that he is, garners respect from the majority of the GOP politicians, and his actions, while contentious, would have the willing support of the GOP, rather than fearful support that Trump has. I find that far more dangerous.

That said, impeaching is moving forward. For it to be successful, it has to be legitimate, and also have the appearance of legitimacy. Removing Trump is one thing, but removing Trump and Pence, which would result in the Speaker of the House, aka Pelosi as the President till the next election. That would be seen as a blatant attempt to change the outcome of the previous election... Electoral college aside, and the fact that more people voted for Clinton, this is not something that can ever happen, because the impeachment would lose all legitimacy, and that wout not sit well with voters, regardless of their political leanings.

What the what???
    I don't relish the idea of a President Pence, but it likely won't come to that. I can see impeachment making it through the House, but the Senate will ignore the evidence and put party before country. So be it. Let it be a rallying cry for every 2020 election with a Trumpublican* on the ballot.
    The Law of Headwinds states: If the ride out is easy you better leave something in the tank for the turn...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by duriel View Post
    The State Dept. officials' testimonies reveal they really didn't know what Trump wanted from them. Trump and Zelensky both denied any conditions were placed on the Javelin missile order. They got the funding. That leads me to believe the State Dept. officials were mistakenly acting under the belief there was a quid pro quo, but not the reality. They were wrong. When asked if Taylor was told Trump's initiative was a QPQ, he said, "no."

Maybe they're all trying to protect themselves from being accessories to the crime, huh?
    Last edited by Fredrico; 1 Week Ago at 01:46 AM.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Maybe they're all trying to protect themselves from being accessories to the crime, huh?
    So...there was a crime.

Trump and Zelensky both denied any conditions were placed on the Javelin missile order.
    The criminal and the victim. Meanwhile everyone else, under oath, said there was. And ole Mick on live TV

They got the funding.
    AFTER the whistle-blower
    Last edited by tlg; 1 Week Ago at 03:53 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    The State Dept. officials' testimonies reveal they really didn't know what Trump wanted from them. Trump and Zelensky both denied any conditions were placed on the Javelin missile order. They got the funding. That leads me to believe the State Dept. officials were mistakenly acting under the belief there was a quid pro quo, but not the reality. They were wrong. When asked if Taylor was told Trump's initiative was a QPQ, he said, "no."

Your entire post is a lie. Why do you lie so much?

Opus was just napping
    Wapo is reporting that they are going to have to get a double wide bus in order to fit everyone under it, not named Trump.

Trump better hope they all think Frankie Five Angels did the right thing.
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsmybush View Post
    Wapo is reporting that they are going to have to get a double wide bus in order to fit everyone under it, not named Trump.

Trump better hope they all think Frankie Five Angels did the right thing.
    "Ladies and Gentlemen of the "supposed" jury, Why would a WOOKIE, an 8FOOT TALL WOOKIE want to live on Endor with a bunch of 2 foot tall ewoks. It DOES NOT MAKE SENSE!....."
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

gazing from the shadows
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Falsetti View Post
    I would think it appropriate if certain posters, given their history, provided their sources. Or had their source free posts about "facts" deleted. Which would at least impose a cost on them in wasted time typing.

That, of course, is an opinion and opinions require no sourcing.
    Stout beers under trees, please.

What the what???

The Official Trump* Impeachment Thread (2019 Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    "Ladies and Gentlemen of the "supposed" jury, Why would a WOOKIE, an 8FOOT TALL WOOKIE want to live on Endor with a bunch of 2 foot tall ewoks. It DOES NOT MAKE SENSE!....."
    Because to the two-foot tall Ewok, the eight-foot tall Wookie is a GOD... That’s a fact, because I vaguely remember Steve Douschey saying something like that on Faux news last month.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The Law of Headwinds states: If the ride out is easy you better leave something in the tank for the turn...

Opus was just napping
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Thread drift alert.

So this is Chewie (short for Chewbacca) he gets his name because my nephew mentioned that he looks like a walking carpet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Falsetti View Post
    no need to copy it then.

Opus was just napping
    Whelp Sondland has gone to the inevitable "covfefee boy" stage.

Trump on Sondland: "I hardly know the gentleman."

Also, he doesn't want public hearings anymore...probably because the transcripts are already crushing his little mushroom prick.

Finally, he is thinking of attending Russia's May Day parade, I am assuming he is finally defecting.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Whelp Sondland has gone to the inevitable "covfefee boy" stage.

[COLOR=#1C2022][FONT=Helvetica]Trump on Sondland: "I hardly know the gentleman."
    Oh what a difference a month makes...

I would love to send Ambassador Sondland, a really good man and great American, to testify, but unfortunately he would be testifying before a totally compromised kangaroo court, where Republican’s rights have been taken away, and true facts are not allowed out for the public.... - DJT 10/8/19

BTW, who cares how well he knows the man. If a person witnesses you committing a crime, how is it relevant whether you two were buddies? Only in the conservative bubble does this matter.

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Thread drift alert.

So this is Chewie (short for Chewbacca) he gets his name because my nephew mentioned that he looks like a walking carpet.
    Aw. I have a few nicknames for my cats including "walking carpet"....OTOH when they're being naughty, I start quoting Ripley, and call them "$hithead".

BTW funny thing...for whatever reason the Make America Kittens Again extension thinks your pooch is a far-right figure and kitten-izes him.
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwisimon View Post
    no need to copy it then.
    no effin kidding.

some of us would greatly prefer to NOT see that constant drivel.
    Ancient Astronaut theorists say, 'YES!'

RoadBikeReview Member
    I wonder how much more of this it will take for those under Trump to start using the "I hardly had any contact/hardly knew the man" with regard to Trump. They will all have to start rehabilitating their careers at some point. Right now they're still clinging to the idea that he will come out of this. If that changes it will be funny to watch. The same thing will happen here... I didn't agree with much that he did... I didn't support him, I just posted a counterpoint to the liberal wave of posts... I never voted for him. And all of that following thousands of supportive posts congratulating Trump on every minor blip in activity that he didn't destroy & all of those posts distracting from the many crimes that Trump was openly involved in. Should be fun!

xxl
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwisimon View Post
    no need to copy it then.
    Or respond to it. Posters control their own keyboards.

Not singling you out, just saying for the board. Not every post merits a response.

(And yes, the irony of me responding to the poster in the very next post isn't lost on me, but sometimes we moderators have to pick up the stinky end of the stick, so to speak)>
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

"Oh my god. This is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I’m f—d.”

xxl
    The State Dept. officials' testimonies reveal they really didn't know what Trump wanted from them....
    Source?

It's not just a good idea, it's the law (PO Rules):

Sources Citations

Source citation is advised (such as hyperlink to the original article). Since people may question the source of your information, you might as well provide it in the first place.

Do not copy and paste the entire article. Copy a brief portion as needed.

For example:
    "Two White House officials told lawmakers the 'blatant' push for politically motivated investigations from President Donald Trump left 'no ambiguity' what the Ukrainians needed to do to secure a highly sought meeting — and the effort was coordinated by acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney, according to deposition transcripts released Friday.

The testimony of National Security Council Ukraine expert Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman and former White House Russia expert Fiona Hill provides new details on the discussions inside the White House ahead of the July 25 call between Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenksy, in which Trump asked the Ukrainians to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden and Burisma, the company that hired Hunter Biden. The officials say they were told that effort was directed by Mulvaney, putting the Ukraine scandal squarely into the office of the President's top aide.

[more at article]

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/08/polit...man/index.html
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

"Oh my god. This is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I’m f—d.”

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast