The Official Trump* Impeachment Thread (2019 Edition)
Page 1 of 14 123 ... LastLast
    What the what???

The Official Trump* Impeachment Thread (2019 Edition)

We've been dancing around it in other threads. Time to give the discussion a home of its own.

https://docs.house.gov/billsthisweek...16-HRes660.pdf
    Last edited by Opus51569; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:14 PM.
    The Law of Headwinds states: If the ride out is easy you better leave something in the tank for the turn...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Huh? Is this about the Russian... err Ukraine "atrocity"? This whole farce is going to blow up in the Democrats face and then you guys will be here crying about it. Just like the Russian collusion hoax.

My bet is that Trump resigns before he's impeached.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWC View Post
    Huh? Is this about the Russian... err Ukraine "atrocity"? This whole farce is going to blow up in the Democrats face and then you guys will be here crying about it. Just like the Russian collusion hoax.

My bet is that Trump resigns before he's impeached.
    Or continue on and run for re-election.

The senate won't impeach Trump on his record. Gaffes and breaches of protocol, largely defensive. No high crimes and misdemeanors. Proper Democrats out to save the country just can't stand him. It's visceral, irrational, purely emotional. He "can do nothing right," including running for POTUS and, crap, then getting elected.

And yet, his foreign policy is like a breath of fresh air. He stirred the pot in Korea, NATO, is drawing down the stalemates in the ME. He's not taking sides with Erdogan or the Kurds. Both he and Kerensky agreed. No quid pro quo. Case closed. The new govt. didn't open an investigation on Hunter Biden. The money came through. Trump's only problem is he's got a big mouth.

Of course, the career bureaucrats get upset when they're being bypassed, but man, the State Dept. is the tip of the iceberg in deep state arrogance. They cling to centuries old diplomatic protocol, no matter what, and can't stand it when an outsider skips over it. They see themselves as a social elite, as they deal with foreign government officials, themselves also social elites. If you've ever dealt with a State Dept. official you know what I mean. They profess kindly concern but you'll have better luck at the DMV.

This impeachment is pure theater, to sustain high voter anxiety for another year and scare voters away from Trump. He's accomplishing what he campaigned on. Obama just warned a pissed off citizen, "All leaders have flaws." It took the Moral Majority[sic] into Clinton's second term to find an excuse to impeach him, and blow jobs in the Oval office fit perfectly! Ah, the good old days!
    Last edited by Fredrico; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:25 PM.

xxl
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

"Oh my god. This is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. Im fd.

RoadBikeReview Member
    1) Anyone watch the World Series last night and see the Trump re-election TV advertisement? I can name that tune in one word: TELLING

2) Or the Cliff Notes are: Do-nothing Democrats just wasting time, while I kept my promises to give you a great economy and protect your families by defeating ISIS.

3) What was missing from Donnie's campaign advertisement were the words: No one is above the law.
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredrico View Post
    The senate won't impeach Trump on his record.
    I'm good with that. Show the public how far into the swamp republicans will go to cover up for an anti-American criminal president.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

Opus was just napping

The senate won't impeach Trump on his record. Gaffes and breaches of protocol, largely defensive. No high crimes and misdemeanors. Proper Democrats out to save the country just can't stand him. It's visceral, irrational, purely emotional. He "can do nothing right," including running for POTUS and, crap, then getting elected.

And yet, his foreign policy is like a breath of fresh air. He stirred the pot in Korea, NATO, is drawing down the stalemates in the ME. He's not taking sides with Erdogan or the Kurds. Both he and Kerensky agreed. No quid pro quo. Case closed. The new govt. didn't open an investigation on Hunter Biden. The money came through. Trump's only problem is he's got a big mouth.

Of course, the career bureaucrats get upset when they're being bypassed, but man, the State Dept. is the tip of the iceberg in deep state arrogance. They cling to centuries old diplomatic protocol, no matter what, and can't stand it when an outsider skips over it. They see themselves as a social elite, as they deal with foreign government officials, themselves also social elites. If you've ever dealt with a State Dept. official you know what I mean. They profess kindly concern but you'll have better luck at the DMV.

This impeachment is pure theater, to sustain high voter anxiety for another year and scare voters away from Trump. He's accomplishing what he campaigned on. Obama just warned a pissed off citizen, "All leaders have flaws." It took the Moral Majority[sic] into Clinton's second term to find an excuse to impeach him, and blow jobs in the Oval office fit perfectly! Ah, the good old days!
    Oh great I hope RBR upgraded their servers (bought more hamsters) for endless mindless drivel posts.
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

RoadBikeReview Member
    QUESTION: If the House votes to have their Trump Trial, and it is broadcast over TV/Cable media), should any campaign advertisement be allowed to air?
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

Master debator.
    The House will impeach, the do nothing Senate won't vote to remove despite overwhelming evidence, and Trump will claim vindication. "No collusion, no obstruction, a perfect phone call" and the deplorable rubes will vote him in again. However the Senate may shift to the Democrats, so he will have 4 years as a lame duck, and everything he does under executive order will have to be undone when a sensible replacement gets in. Hopefully the economy goes to crap in his second term just because. In fact I hope we see a republican president for the next 20 years, just so the last of the angry old white men can die off in shame. I'd gladly take the hit to see the stupid suffer for their poor decisions.
    "I felt bad because I couldn't wheelie; until I met a man with no bicycle"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tlg View Post
    I'm good with that. Show the public how far into the swamp republicans will go to cover up for an anti-American criminal president.
    Me too because:

1. The public will have the chance to learn the facts as presented (my guess is there is more to see then we already know)

2. The hearing continue with drip/drip/drip Chinese water torture on the stable genius.

3. The likely Senate vote in favor of keeping Donnie around hold elected official feet to the fire during a campaign year with GOP seats in North Carolina, Maine, Iowa, Colorado, and Arizona currently on shaky ground.

4. The November 2020 election is a non-partisan referendum on "No one is above the Law" governing which people, not politicians, decide.

5. Sports don't get interesting until March Madness and March 3rd for Super Tuesday, so stock up on the popcorn.

gazing from the shadows
    Quote Originally Posted by nOOky View Post
    ... and the deplorable rubes will vote him in again. However the Senate may shift to the Democrats, ....
    I see NO way that the senate goes D and Trump wins reelection. If Trump somehow wins reelection, the senate will stay in R hands.

Watch to see what happens with polling once testimony is public. There is a huge hazard for the GOP as a whole if public opinion shifts towards conviction and the senate lets him off.

There is also a hazard if the GOP convicts, and the trump groupies stay home.
    Stout beers under trees, please.

RoadBikeReview Member
    The guy is a career criminal. He needs to be out of office immediately. He can't help himself, he was born a total POS. But I can't forgive his enablers and supporters. Those people are the real threat to American democracy.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWC View Post
    You got that 100% correct.
    "I'm Concerned If We Don't Impeach This President, He Will Get Re-Elected" - Rep Al Green (D)

- Criminals prefer unarmed victims. Dictators prefer unarmed citizens.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    Should a President be impeached and removed from office if he were to use his power to freeze military aid to an ally under a hostile nations attack for the purpose of demanding that the ally promote conspiracy theories about the President's domestic political rivals?

Of course you will not answer, just run away and hide.
    "I would like you to do us a favor"

RoadBikeReview Member
    there are more than sufficient reasons to allow the impeachment process to go to completion. as they say, sunlight is a good disinfectant.

Trump will either be convicted or not. if there's no removal, then he'll either be re-elected or not.

for the House to sit back and do nothing is simply not acceptable.
    Ancient Astronaut theorists say, 'YES!'

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Falsetti View Post
    Should a President be impeached and removed from office if he were to use his power to freeze military aid to an ally under a hostile nations attack for the purpose of demanding that the ally promote conspiracy theories about the President's domestic political rivals?
    Can it be streamlined to simply bribery and extortion?

Or, using the power of his office for personal benefit?
    We're witnessing the days of the Antipresident.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxtox View Post
    there are more than sufficient reasons to allow the impeachment process to go to completion. as they say, sunlight is a good disinfectant.

Trump will either be convicted or not. if there's no removal, then he'll either be re-elected or not.

for the House to sit back and do nothing is simply not acceptable.
    In 100% agree them with that. In fact did you know what the House has done so far --- let's start here:

The For The People Act of 2019 (H.R. 1, 2019)[1][2] is a bill introduced and passed in the United States House of Representatives to expand voting rights, limit partisan gerrymandering, strengthen ethics rules, and limit the influence of private donor money in politics. To take effect, it would also need to be passed by the GOP control Senate, which has not occurred as of September 2019.

The bill's provisions fall into three major categories:

Campaign finance reform. The bill would introduce voluntary public financing for campaigns, matching small donations at a 6:1 ratio. It would also introduce stricter limitations on foreign lobbying, require Super PACs and other "dark money" organizations to disclose their donors, and restructure the Federal Election Commission to reduce partisan gridlock. The bill also expresses support for a constitutional amendment to overturn the Citizens United decision.

Government ethics. The bill would require presidential and vice-presidential candidates to disclose their previous 10 years of income-tax returns, eliminate the use of taxpayer money by politicians to settle sexual-harassment claims, and create a new ethics code for the U.S. Supreme Court, which is not subject to existing judicial codes of conduct.

Voting rights. The bill would create a national voter-registration program, make Election Day a federal holiday, replace partisan gerrymandering with non-partisan commissions to draw electoral districts, and limit efforts to purge voting rolls.
    Mitch McConnell, the Republican Senate Majority Leader, pledged that the bill was "not going to go anywhere in the Senate". In March 2019, McConnell said he would not put the bill to a vote on the Senate floor, "Because I [McConnell] get to decide what we vote on".

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by BadHabit View Post
    Can it be streamlined to simply bribery and extortion?

Or, using the power of his office for personal benefit?
    Yes, it is clear that Trump committed impeachable offenses which is why his enablers run away and hide instead of answering simple questions.
    "I would like you to do us a favor"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Speaking of correct, the House of Representative's Clinton impeachment proceedings took a little over 2 months.

* October 8, 1998: The House of Representatives authorizes a wide-ranging impeachment inquiry.

* December 19, 1998: The House of Representatives approves two articles of impeachment.

That means it is plausible that by Christmas or later in January 2020, just before the primaries get started, the House could possible vote for impeachment.

RoadBikeReview Member
    So the house has officially formalized the inquiry. Curiously, not a single Republican voted for it. I thought they were so very upset about the secrecy and lack of subpoena power.

gazing from the shadows
    Quote Originally Posted by nealric View Post
    So the house has officially formalized the inquiry. Curiously, not a single Republican voted for it. I thought they were so very upset about the secrecy and lack of subpoena power.
    Voting against the "biased Democrat rules" is a no brainer for Rs.

After the evidence is presented, lockstep voting is less likely. But would not surprise me.
    Stout beers under trees, please.

Opus was just napping
    Meanwhile Tim Morrison is another newly named "never Trumper" (Human Scum)--that is about to testify that it was a Quid Pro Quo.
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsmybush View Post
    Meanwhile Tim Morrison is another newly named "never Trumper" (Human Scum)--that is about to testify that it was a Quid Pro Quo.
    Conservatives have already got that covered. Quid pro quo or not, it's not a crime for Trump to try to stop corruption. They don't care that the rest of the planet says that it's a crime to withhold approved military support from another country until the leader of that country agrees to investigate one of your political rivals. Laws are irrelevant where Trump is concerned. He has already admitted this crime, tried to hide portions of it, had staff acknowledge that he committed the crime... that's why conservatives don't care about the impeachment investigation... they've already been told that it was not a crime. Their stupidity knows no bounds.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I wondered if reading your own words would make you realize how foolish you appear. I judged you correctly. Apparently your support for the good things that Trump does that you agree with includes withholding approved military aid to foreign countries until they agree to investigate political rivals.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2007

I have some magic beans to sell you if you honestly believe Trump is not doing crimes like requiring a country to investigate a political opponent for Trumps own gains.
    Or the other long list of items...

But hey keep strong on the party before country. At this point GOP and their supporters are proving they do not care about the country but only their own party in the short term.

Page 1 of 14 123 ... LastLast