The Official Trump* Impeachment Thread (Judiciary Committee Edition)
    What the what???

The Official Trump* Impeachment Thread (Judiciary Committee Edition)

Another step in the process... another thread.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/1...t-trump-074799

"House Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler (D-N.Y.) on Monday unveiled the list of constitutional scholars set to testify in the committee’s first impeachment hearing on Wednesday.

Democrats will call Noah Feldman, a Harvard Law professor, Pamela Karlan, a law professor at Stanford, and Michael Gerhardt, a law professor at the University of North Carolina.

Republicans on the panel, meanwhile, will call Jonathan Turley, a law professor at George Washington University who has written extensively about the Trump impeachment inquiry, as their witness."
    The Law of Headwinds states: If the ride out is easy you better leave something in the tank for the turn...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jonathan Turley , a FOX News contributor looking to polish his resume with the right and never held a real job outside the ivory white towers.
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

Cycling Addict
    Nov 2013
    Lawrence Tribe, perhaps the most respected constitutional lawyer in the country, has regularly commented on Trump's violations. I am surprised that he is not one of those chosen to speak before the committee.
    Life is short... enjoy the ride.

What the what???
    "Oh, Ruuuuuddddyyyy...
    https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019...-phone-records
    Don't take your love to town..."

But Trump isn’t the only one for whom the report should be causing some gastrointestinal distress right about now; his personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani, has also emerged from the account looking like a full-on crook, a portrayal that probably would concern him were his brain not atrophying since he left the New York City mayor’s office in 2001.
    The Law of Headwinds states: If the ride out is easy you better leave something in the tank for the turn...

What the what???
    And we're off....

"Everything I know about our Constitution and its values, and my review of the evidentiary record — and here Mr. Collins, I would like to say to you sir, that I read transcripts of every one of the witnesses who appeared in the live hearing, because I would not speak about these things without reviewing the facts. So I'm insulted by the suggestion that as a law professor I don't care about the facts. But everything I read on those occasions tells me that when President Trump invited, indeed demanded, foreign involvement in our upcoming election, he struck at the very heart of what makes this a republic to which we pledge allegiance."
    — Pamela Karlan

xxl

More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

"Oh my god. This is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I’m f—d.”

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    The GOP is the lying troll party

"I would like you to do us a favor"

xxl

More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

"Oh my god. This is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I’m f—d.”

RoadBikeReview Member
    Let's vote: 10 - 9 - 8 - 7- 6 ....
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by troutmd View Post
    Let's vote: 10 - 9 - 8 - 7- 6 ....
    No. Not guilty. Each article could be shut down by a small town lawyer. The charges are bassed entirely on supposition, viz. Trump wanted personal gain. That's not provable. But mainly, no harm no foul. Gotta be a serious misdeed, not something like this. Ridiculous. Mulvaney is right, "Get over it."

Opus was just napping
    Your post is trash.

Nothing new under the sun.
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredrico View Post
    No. Not guilty. Each article could be shut down by a small town lawyer. The charges are bassed entirely on supposition, viz. Trump wanted personal gain. That's not provable. But mainly, no harm no foul. Gotta be a serious misdeed, not something like this. Ridiculous. Mulvaney is right, "Get over it."
    Ohhh, there was a South Park episode where Kyle's mom had a fecal transplant and some jealous women did their own but used a turkey baster which got everybody sick because the baster is only used once a year and not cleaned properly. We had turkey for Thanksgiving this year at our house. It turned out pretty well. The ham was a hit, also. Jon Hamm was great in Mad Men. I wonder if they'll bring it back for another season like Rick and Morty .

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsmybush View Post
    Your post is trash.

Nothing new under the sun.
    Pop a cold one, TMB! You guys need some escape from the Nadler-Schift Show.

Where's Peter Rodino, Archibald Cox, Sam Ervin, Howard Baker? True gentlemen. This time around, the voices of reason are on the GOP side. Collins, Jordan, Graham are knocking it out of the park.

So lets' not talk about abuse of power! I'm all for impeaching Nadler and Schifty, first thing. Then go after the Deep State colluders, like this fake whistleblower, consorting to work their vengeful political agenda on the country without consent of the governed. Then tell me how great democracy works.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    Pop a cold one, TMB! You guys need some escape from the Nadler-Schift Show.

Where's Peter Rodino, Archibald Cox, Sam Ervin, Howard Baker? True gentlemen. This time around, the voices of reason are on the GOP side. Collins, Jordan, Graham are knocking it out of the park.

So lets' not talk about abuse of power! I'm all for impeaching Nadler and Schifty, first thing. Then go after the Deep State colluders, like this fake whistleblower, consorting to work their vengeful political agenda on the country without consent of the governed. Then tell me how great democracy works.
    Good Point Fred Today's GOP is filled with cowards. It is not just the trolls we see here who run away and hide whenever their lies are questioned. It is across the party.

Cowards.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Thank you for confirming what most people already understand --- the GOP-controlled Senate will vote to support their GOP President and thus prove that one man is above the law provided their are a Republican.

I can just see the 2020 bumper sticker - a picture of smirking Donnie and the words LET THEN EAT CAKE

Opus was just napping
    Christ your posts are unrelentingly stupid fredrico
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Falsetti View Post
    Good Point Fred Today's GOP is filled with cowards. It is not just the trolls we see here who run away and hide whenever their lies are questioned. It is across the party.

Cowards.
    Don't be lecturing the opposition for being trolls, doc. Just shows Leftist inability to think out of the box. It's that old time religion, doc! Sing along!

The GOP are brave patriots defending the duly elected president they know in their guts did not commit an impeachable offense. Now the Dems are hyping their faulty judgement on this phone call, because that's all they got and they're hoping this is one is soft enough it'll stick to the wall.

The whistle blower is a supreme coward. Schift is a coward for holding his identity secret, and conducting secret hearings. If whistleblower's identity were known, he'd be rejected as a heavily tainted partisan, in concert with Trump's enemies in congress for the purpose of finding the offense that might do the job.

They're aping the commies who overthrew the Russian government and the Khmer Rouge who patrolled the neighborhood and took your relatives away. They seek to depose the POTUS by force, not by the public will. Follow at your peril, "comrade."

Turley knocked it out of the park. He says putting the law above morality, technical violations above the harm committed or motivation causing the violation, is the fast road to rule by force. It places no respect on the plaintiff. He must prove his innocence. Lot's of god fearing citizens are applauding da Man for not putting up with this BS.

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Don't be lecturing the opposition for being trolls, doc. Just shows Leftist inability to think out of the box. It's that old time religion, doc! Sing along!

The GOP are brave patriots defending the duly elected president they know in their guts did not commit an impeachable offense. Now the Dems are hyping their faulty judgement on this phone call, because that's all they got and they're hoping this is one is soft enough it'll stick to the wall.

The whistle blower is a supreme coward. Schift is a coward for holding his identity secret, and conducting secret hearings. If whistleblower's identity were known, he'd be rejected as a heavily tainted partisan, in concert with Trump's enemies in congress for the purpose of finding the offense that might do the job.

They're aping the commies who overthrew the Russian government and the Khmer Rouge who patrolled the neighborhood and took your relatives away. They seek to depose the POTUS by force, not by the public will. Follow at your peril, "comrade."

Turley knocked it out of the park. He says putting the law above morality, technical violations above the harm committed or motivation causing the violation, is the fast road to rule by force. It places no respect on the plaintiff. He must prove his innocence. Lot's of god fearing citizens are applauding da Man for not putting up with this BS.
    OK, (really old) Boomer.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by troutmd View Post
    Thank you for confirming what most people already understand --- the GOP-controlled Senate will vote to support their GOP President and thus prove that one man is above the law provided their are a Republican.

I can just see the 2020 bumper sticker - a picture of smirking Donnie and the words LET THEN EAT CAKE
    If no GOP congresspersons voted for impeachment, they obviously don't believe there's an impeachable offense. They knew Nixon's boys broke the law and he covered it up. Clinton got his hand wrapped for lying to Ken Star, '"I did not have sex with that woman. "

This phone call was nothing like the break in or the oval office blow jobs. The Repubs argue it was not a crime. Trump did not intend to bribe Zelensky, ["I want nothing back!"] so his request could be interpreted as appropriate relations with a new foreign government taking their role in the US's proxy war with them evil Russkies.

No victim, no crime. Only ideological fools think otherwise, and we've been seeing it in all its glory since Nov. '16. It sucks so much, just shed a few tears on Maddow, Cuomo, McConnell, Hannity, Carlson, Ingraham, and their talking head "guests," and gave up cable. Now watching the unedited hearings on the local PBS station. Such a relief. Like a good laxative.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    If no GOP congresspersons voted for impeachment, they obviously don't believe there's an impeachable offense. They knew Nixon's boys broke the law and he covered it up. Clinton got his hand wrapped for lying to Ken Star, '"I did not have sex with that woman. "

This phone call was nothing like the break in or the oval office blow jobs. The Repubs argue it was not a crime. Trump did not intend to bribe Zelensky, ["I want nothing back!"] so his request could be interpreted as appropriate relations with a new foreign government taking their role in the US's proxy war with them evil Russkies.

No victim, no crime. Only ideological fools think otherwise, and we've been seeing it in all its glory since Nov. '16. It sucks so much, just shed a few tears on Maddow, Cuomo, McConnell, Hannity, Carlson, Ingraham, and their talking head "guests," and gave up cable. Now watching the unedited hearings on the local PBS station. Such a relief. Like a good laxative.

You are right Fred, the GOP are total cowards. Glad to see you are coming around to reality.

Cycling Addict
    Nov 2013
    "Deep State": a term used by criminals to tar brush career public servants who have spent their adult lives working to uphold and defend the Constitution - that very document these criminals find to be inconveniently blocking their desired course of action. Its use tell you a lot about the user (and it ain't pretty).

Whistleblower laws were enacted to protect the person who exposes criminal activity within the government. The calls to expose a whistleblower (for retribution) are reminiscent of KGB or Mob tactics - not an example of how we want our republic to be run.
    Life is short... enjoy the ride.

RoadBikeReview Member

Thanks for implying I am a fool. Signs of desperation noted.

Opus was just napping
    Like a good laxative.
    Appropos since your posts are nothing short of diarrhea.

Opus was just napping