The Official Trump* Impeachment Thread (Televised) - Page 13
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 325 of 518
  1. #301
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: nealric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,542
    Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    How does a douche like Nunes get elected to political office?
    A very stacked district + political patronage. Though he only won by 5 points in 2018 (after a 20+ point victory in 2016).

  2. #302
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: DaveWC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,225
    Quote Originally Posted by tlg View Post
    But of course Vindman not outing the whistlblower isn't a crime. So there would be no need to plead the 5th.
    Conservatives keep pushing this need to identify the whistleblower & to question him/her. Most of the thinking world knows that it's irrelevant (beyond the fact that there are actual laws in place to protect the identity of whistleblowers) because the details of the call & everything leading up to & following the call have been corroborated by others. So what was reported by the whistleblower is not the word of a single person, everyone seemed to know what was going on & many are willing to testify that it was illegal.

    But conservatives are counting on the ignorance of their base (a good bet based on posts made here by their water carriers) and keep pushing the idea that this is a trial & that the accused has a right to question their accuser. Conservatives get great payoff by betting on the stupidity of their base.

    They also want to intimidate whistleblowers in general to put a stop to this kind of oversight.

  3. #303
    tlg
    tlg is online now
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: tlg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    15,185
    Rep. Ratcliffe pressing on why fact witnesses did not use the word “bribery” in their testimony.

    Fact witnesses describe what they saw, they don't draw their own legal conclusions.

    Typically, if a witness saw someone hit a person, they say "Jon hit Bill". Not that they observed “second degree battery,”

    If they saw a car crash, they say "I saw Jon drive into Bill". Not that they observed “vehicular manslaughter.”


    Gosh these GOP representatives a pathetic.


    Hahahaha



    And.... Rep. Ratcliffe is an attorney. So unlike Nunes who is just an ignorant fool, he knows exactly what he's doing is pure $#it
    Last edited by tlg; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:27 AM.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

  4. #304
    xxl
    xxl is offline
    Moderator
    Reputation: xxl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    36,346
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredrico View Post
    You mean by forcing Zelensky to go on CNN and announce he's investigating Biden & son for "corrupt" behavior in Ukraine? Like Comey announcing reopening FBI file on Hillary a week before election day, after discovering Weiner's porn on his laptop? She thinks it probably contributed to her loss in the swing states.

    Yes, such an announcement would 'interfere" in the election. Trouble is, Trump balked and sent the money. This more than makes up for "the crime" in most circles. He also left Zelensky with the assurance the US would be his friend, which led to Zelensky canceling his interview on CNN and getting the money, anyway.

    QPQ, bribery, extortion, just doesn't add up.

    No. I mean what I wrote: Trump tried to get a foreign government to interfere in our elections.

    Don't you understand that, and why it's wrong? Should Rex Tillerson explain it to you?

    That things don't "add up" for you just reiterates that you have trouble grasping that basic fact (i.e., that Trump tried to get a foreign government to interfere in our elections).

    But this statement, well this is some new kind of stupidity:

    "This more than makes up for "the crime" in most circles."

    Can you name one court case where the accused was guilty of an attempted crime, but "made up" for it by not being successful at said attempt?

    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

    Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

    "Oh my god. This is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I’m f—d.”

  5. #305
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: nayr497's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,576
    Another quid pro quo...Stefanik acts like a scumbag lunatic and Trump praises her as a "rising star." I want to see that woman suffer for her actions.

    Are GOPers serious here? Hunter Biden on the board of Burisma is a conflict of interest...as friggin' Jared Kushner works in the White House! Yeah, but they just won't stand for conflicts of interest! What a-holes.

  6. #306
    xxl
    xxl is offline
    Moderator
    Reputation: xxl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    36,346
    Here's the thing: Even if one were to stipulate for argument's sake that Hunter Biden was guilty of some form of corruption, it doesn't change what Trump did, i.e., he tried to get a foreign government to interfere in our elections.
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

    Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

    "Oh my god. This is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I’m f—d.”

  7. #307
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: nayr497's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,576
    Need proof that the GOP flat-out lies and makes up their own reality? Jim Jordan just stated that Trump won the popular vote in 2016.

  8. #308
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: nayr497's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,576
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    Here's the thing: Even if one were to stipulate for argument's sake that Hunter Biden was guilty of some form of corruption, it doesn't change what Trump did, i.e., he tried to get a foreign government to interfere in our elections.
    EXACTLY! That is why it is beyond comprehension that people can STILL be fooled into thinking Trump is so great and has done nothing wrong. Hunter Biden is soooooo far beyond the point here. Trump extorted Zelensky, plain and simple. And we absolutely cannot have that happening with the White House.

    But, I guess that is the point of propaganda. Ignore the issue at hand, distract with tweets and conspiracy theories and outright lies! (Jim Jordan just said Trump won the popular vote in 2016!)

  9. #309
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: nealric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,542
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    No. I mean what I wrote: Trump tried to get a foreign government to interfere in our elections.

    Don't you understand that, and why it's wrong? Should Rex Tillerson explain it to you?

    That things don't "add up" for you just reiterates that you have trouble grasping that basic fact (i.e., that Trump tried to get a foreign government to interfere in our elections).

    But this statement, well this is some new kind of stupidity:

    "This more than makes up for "the crime" in most circles."

    Can you name one court case where the accused was guilty of an attempted crime, but "made up" for it by not being successful at said attempt?

    You can't convince a person to abandon a position through reason when they didn't arrive at that position through reason in the first place.

  10. #310
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: nayr497's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,576
    Trump on his knowledge of Vindman and others testifying: “”I never heard of him. I don’t know any of these people. Other than I have seen one or two a couple of times.”

    Yep, has absolutely NOTHING to do with the fact that you asked Zelensky to "do you a favor."

  11. #311
    Opus was just napping
    Reputation: thatsmybush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    19,833
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    No. I mean what I wrote: Trump tried to get a foreign government to interfere in our elections.

    Don't you understand that, and why it's wrong? Should Rex Tillerson explain it to you?

    That things don't "add up" for you just reiterates that you have trouble grasping that basic fact (i.e., that Trump tried to get a foreign government to interfere in our elections).

    But this statement, well this is some new kind of stupidity:

    "This more than makes up for "the crime" in most circles."

    Can you name one court case where the accused was guilty of an attempted crime, but "made up" for it by not being successful at said attempt?

    Please see post #294. Why is this poor innocent women being sentenced to years in a federal prison just for making bombs that didn't work or got stopped on the way?

    I mean take it from Dennis Hopper in the documentary Speed. "A bomb is made to explode. That's its meaning. Its purpose...You know what a bomb is, Jack, that doesn't explode? It's a cheap gold watch, buddy. "

    ​Case closed check mate liberinos.
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

  12. #312
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: DaveWC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,225
    Eric Swalwell just blew up Stefanik and her conservative talking points...

    Stefanik: “You testified that you understood that Congress had passed, under the Ukrainian Security Assistance Initiative, a legal obligation to certify that corruption is being addressed?"
    Vindman: “That is correct,”
    Stefanik: “So for the public listening, we are not just talking about President Trump focusing on anti-corruption in Ukraine. But it is so critical, so important that when hard-earned taxpayer dollars are given to foreign nations that, by law, overwhelmingly bipartisan support requires anti-corruption in Ukraine in order to get U.S. taxpayer-funded aid.”

    Swalwell: “Isn’t it true that the Department of Defense had certified that the anti-corruption requirements of Ukraine had been met when the hold was put on by the president?”
    Vindman: “That is correct”


    Boom!

  13. #313
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: nayr497's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,576
    I really, really like Swalwell. He's a great blend of smarts AND of wanting to smash the lies and hypocrisy of the GOP to pieces.

  14. #314
    off the back
    Reputation: rufus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,228
    Nunes: still douchey.
    "Damn. Y'all murdered the sh*t out that mutherf***er"

  15. #315
    off the back
    Reputation: rufus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,228
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    Here's the thing: Even if one were to stipulate for argument's sake that Hunter Biden was guilty of some form of corruption, it doesn't change what Trump did, i.e., he tried to get a foreign government to interfere in our elections.
    And if, as you say, any of that was true. The United States has official diplomatic processes in place to enlist another state in doing such investigations. Trump did not do so.
    "Damn. Y'all murdered the sh*t out that mutherf***er"

  16. #316
    tlg
    tlg is online now
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: tlg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    15,185
    Republican's are so proud.

    Mr Trump, appearing in public for the first time since an unscheduled medical visit at the weekend, mispronounced the Iraq War veteran's name and mocked him for wearing his uniform.

    He said: "I don't know him. I don't know, as he says, the 'lieutenant colonel'. I understand that somebody had the misfortune of calling him 'Mr' and he corrected them.

    "I never saw the man. I understand now he wears his uniform when he goes in. No, I don't know Vind-e-man at all."


    It's funny how they pick and choose who gets to wear their uniform. I guess Republican's only like it when criminals wear the uniform.

    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

  17. #317
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: nayr497's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,576
    ^^^ Exactly. ALL the more reason why it is just insane that the GOP continues to block, lie, and deceive.

    We know he asked for a favor.
    We know he wanted dirt on a political opponent.
    And we know he sent his PERSONAL lawyer to work on it.

    It really couldn't be more clear. I think it was Welch from VT who said it today at the end of the hearing. Trump wants to dig up dirt on Joe Biden? Great! Go for it! Have fun!! BUT...you can't extort Zelensky to get this information!!!
    Last edited by nayr497; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:18 PM.

  18. #318
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: nayr497's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,576
    Asking Vindman about his uniform just shows how horrible the GOP members are these days.

    I would have said, "I came to America as a baby. I served in one of your fake wars. I was blown up. I have a Purple Heart. I'll wear my uniform whenever and wherever I F'ing want to, you scumbag. And if you want to ask me about it some more, meet me behind the building after the hearing and I'll speak right into your ear about it."

  19. #319
    off the back
    Reputation: rufus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,228
    Nunes: now with even more douche.
    "Damn. Y'all murdered the sh*t out that mutherf***er"

  20. #320
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    15,739
    Mitch and the GOP are finger-wagging at Democrats and claiming they're letting impeachment hearings get in the way of governing. Meanwhile, the House just passed the clean CR that Mitch asked them to take up.

    Just because the GOP can't walk and chew gum at the same time doesn't mean the Democrats are letting hearings get in the way.

    And how many House resolutions are sitting on your desk right now, Mitch? Which you haven't even taken to committee hearings? And you have the gall to accuse Democrats of being "do-nothing" and letting impeachment get in the way of getting their jobs done?!
    "I would like you to do us a favor"

  21. #321
    xxl
    xxl is offline
    Moderator
    Reputation: xxl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    36,346

    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

    Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

    "Oh my god. This is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I’m f—d.”

  22. #322
    xxl
    xxl is offline
    Moderator
    Reputation: xxl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    36,346

    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

    Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

    "Oh my god. This is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I’m f—d.”

  23. #323
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: nealric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,542
    Quote Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    The Dems are essentially securing his victory in 2020 with this "impeachment" fiasco, why in the world would he want to do anything to stop that?
    And yet, impeachment seems to be polling pretty well:

    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/impeachment-polls/

    Those who are members of the cult are the only ones who think it's a "fiasco". Trump may very well win in 2020, but it will be despite these proceedings, not because of them.

  24. #324
    xxl
    xxl is offline
    Moderator
    Reputation: xxl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    36,346
    Quote Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    The Dems are essentially securing his victory in 2020 with this "impeachment" fiasco, why in the world would he want to do anything to stop that?
    Yes. Didn't the elections in Kentucky, Louisiana, and Virginia teach them anything?

    Think he'll show up and testify before the committee? Think of the publicity of him, publicly whacking the opponents into submission!

    He's strongly considering it, he says.
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

    Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

    "Oh my god. This is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I’m f—d.”

  25. #325
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: troutmd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    25,127
    Quote Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    The Dems are essentially securing his victory in 2020 with this "impeachment" fiasco, why in the world would he want to do anything to stop that?
    Mike Pence isn't going to win in 2020. Get over it.
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Official Trump* Impeachment Thread (2019 Edition)
    By Opus51569 in forum Politics Only
    Replies: 320
    Last Post: 3 Weeks Ago, 09:08 AM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-03-2018, 11:30 AM
  3. Is Trump Preparing for Impeachment?
    By jimb100 in forum Politics Only
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-06-2017, 01:13 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-17-2017, 12:39 PM
  5. ex-Reagan official calls for Impeachment
    By gregario in forum Politics Only
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-23-2007, 11:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.