The Official Trump* Impeachment Thread (Televised)
Page 1 of 21 123 ... LastLast
    What the what???

The Official Trump* Impeachment Thread (Televised)

The 2019 Edition is getting fairly full. Now that proceedings are beginning live, televised testimony this seems like a good time to start a new thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The Law of Headwinds states: If the ride out is easy you better leave something in the tank for the turn...

Opus was just napping
    Trump is already toilet tweeting, so he must have had Taco Bell last night.

So far he is vindicated because Rush Limbaugh says so but has no chance because Shifty Shift has hired an attorney for questioning and has stacked the deck against him so much that it isn't even fair.

At this point it wouldn't surprise me if Nunez doused himself in gasoline and lit himself on fire like a symbolic Vietnamese Monk of derp.

At least grapefruits could start sleeping better at night if he did.
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsmybush View Post
    So far he is vindicated because Rush Limbaugh says so but has no chance because Shifty Shift has hired an attorney for questioning
    Just more gaslighting by Trump and his sycophant Rush.

The GOP has hired an attorney for questioning too. That's how these things work. Daniel Goldman for the Dem's and Steve Castor for the GOP will be doing the questioning. And they've already been doing it for the bulk of closed door depositions these past weeks. Nothing new here.

Interestingly, Goldman spent about a decade as a federal prosecutor in the SDNY. He has a reputation as a federal mob and securities fraud prosecutor. (right up Trump's alley). Goldman successfully prosecuted a Genovese family boss and two mob hit men for racketeering, two murders and an attempted murder. And Las Vegas sports bettor William “Billy” Walters, who was convicted on fraud and conspiracy charges in 2017 for his role in a $43 million insider-trading scheme.

He'll make easy work of stupid-watergate. No wonder Trump/Limbaugh are scared.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

RoadBikeReview Member
    Ah yes --- television. Once it was generally fair and balanced in broadcasting news and political commentary, but not it has beenn transformed into the communication's devise that has divided America:

https://us.cnn.com/videos/politics/2...newday-vpx.cnn
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I really, really want to know what Nunez is getting out of this charade he's putting on. Also, who voted for that guy? He seems both insane and extremely unqualified.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nayr497 View Post
    I really, really want to know what Nunez is getting out of this charade he's putting on. Also, who voted for that guy? He seems both insane and extremely unqualified.
    If you think California is a liberal only state, you haven't had the misfortune to visit its Central Valley ... ultra conservatives growing fat wallets with cheap, government subsidized water and protected by the politicians they, err, support. Devin Nunez is one of them.

Remember, in California, water runs uphill towards money.
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nayr497 View Post
    I really, really want to know what Nunez is getting out of this charade he's putting on.
    A brown nose from Trumps buttocks. I'm sure it's all soliciting future favors from Trump.

He seems both insane and extremely unqualified.
    Come on.... he's got degrees in agriculture!
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

Opus was just napping
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

xxl

More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

"Oh my god. This is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I’m f—d.”

xxl

More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

"Oh my god. This is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I’m f—d.”

RoadBikeReview Member
    Ha ha ha, even Foxnews is hedging its bets...

With the first public impeachment hearings set to begin on Wednesday, some of Trump’s supporters in the GOP claim that withholding aid from Ukraine to pressure the country into investigating his political rivals wasn’t an impeachable offense.

Napolitano said that argument was not going to cut it.

“It is clearly impeachable,” he told host Neil Cavuto on Tuesday. “Because the president requested something that’s criminal to ask for: ‘Can you help my campaign?’”

RoadBikeReview Member
    This is GREAT! Also, HOW are the enablers still claiming this is a witch hunt, a smear campaign, etc?!! Trump has told us with his own disgusting mouth that he likes to grab women by the genitals, treat them like trash, that he loves Putin, that there are "good people on both sides," that he knows like really big words, that he did ask for a Ukranian favor. He readily admits he'd accept foreign help in the next election. Guys, you can't keep on saying this is a "witch hunt" when the moron keeps on admitting he's a criminal.

Sean Patrick Maloney

@RepSeanMaloney
    When the witnesses come before us in open session this week and repeat the facts, these Republicans are going to long for the day when it was behind closed doors.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by troutmd View Post
    Ah yes --- television. Once it was generally fair and balanced in broadcasting news and political commentary, but not it has beenn transformed into the communication's devise that has divided America:

https://us.cnn.com/videos/politics/2...newday-vpx.cnn
    Pretty much, You CNN, MSNBC, CBS and others spewing out garbage 24/7,that just want Trump gone. Convicting him on a litany of crimes without any actual proof.An unnamed source said blardy blardy blar (yeah whatever happened to that whole collusion thing? Oh right 49 FBI agents and 19 lawyers found nothing) and then you have Fox Snews. The US branch of Pravda.

I told people on here that nothing was going to come out of that probe and nobody believed me. I swear to god I should have made a bet but I doubt the mods would have allowed it. I really like those Sarto frames. As long as this is one sided, nothing is going to come of it. You already have the republican side of the house not voting for impeachment and you will never convince the senate to convict. Plays well to the Dem base but as long as this is political; I can see Trump and the far right peeling off just enough independents to keep him in office for another 4 yrs. JFC!

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    But....but...but... whatabout the WHISTLE-BLOWER

gazing from the shadows
    Quote Originally Posted by exracer View Post
    Pretty much, You CNN, MSNBC, CBS and others spewing out garbage 24/7,that just want Trump gone.
    https://harpers.org/archive/1964/11/...ican-politics/
    Stout beers under trees, please.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Pretty much, You CNN, MSNBC, CBS and others spewing out garbage 24/7,that just want Trump gone. Convicting him on a litany of crimes without any actual proof.An unnamed source said blardy blardy blar (yeah whatever happened to that whole collusion thing? Oh right 49 FBI agents and 19 lawyers found nothing) and then you have Fox Snews. The US branch of Pravda.

I told people on here that nothing was going to come out of that probe and nobody believed me. I swear to god I should have made a bet but I doubt the mods would have allowed it. I really like those Sarto frames. As long as this is one sided, nothing is going to come of it. You already have the republican side of the house not voting for impeachment and you will never convince the senate to convict. Plays well to the Dem base but as long as this is political; I can see Trump and the far right peeling off just enough independents to keep him in office for another 4 yrs. JFC!
    Actually, quite a bit came out of the Muller probe (and others). There were several indictments, people went to jail. Muller concluded that the Trump campaign was receptive of Russian assistance and refused to clear Trump on obstruction of justice.

"Nothing came of it" because Barr and other Republicans were successful in spinning the report for people who didn't read or understand it. There was plenty of impeachable conduct described in the report.

It's true that cable news freely indulges in propaganda. But I still can't understand why intelligent people under the age of 75 would even bother with TV news anymore. It's an obsolete medium.

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Wow, the Ambassador has appropriate Gravitas.

[REDACTED]
    Quote Originally Posted by troutmd View Post
    If you think California is a liberal only state, you haven't had the misfortune to visit its Central Valley ... ultra conservatives growing fat wallets with cheap, government subsidized water and protected by the politicians they, err, support. Devin Nunez is one of them.

Remember, in California, water runs uphill towards money.
    This is pretty much the case in every state. Even MA has its redneck and fat wallet regions. No state is liberal or conservative only.
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    This is pretty much the case in every state. Even MA has its redneck and fat wallet regions. No state is liberal or conservative only.
    Much is made of "red states" and "blue states", but the real political divide is between urban and rural areas. Generally, the difference between a red state and a blue state is the population of the state's major metro areas relative to its exurban and rural areas. These divisions date back to the founding of the Republic (Jefferson/Hamilton, for example).

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nealric View Post
    Actually, quite a bit came out of the Muller probe (and others). There were several indictments, people went to jail. Muller concluded that the Trump campaign was receptive of Russian assistance and refused to clear Trump on obstruction of justice.
    And it's still bearing fruit.
    U.S. Expands Mueller Election-Fraud Case Against 13 Russians

Anyone still thinking nothing came from Mueller is woefully ignorant.

[REDACTED]
    Quote Originally Posted by nealric View Post
    Much is made of "red states" and "blue states", but the real political divide is between urban and rural areas. Generally, the difference between a red state and a blue state is the population of the state's major metro areas relative to its exurban and rural areas. These divisions date back to the founding of the Republic (Jefferson/Hamilton, for example).
    Generally, this is true, but not always. There are actually more liberal rural areas in New England than elsewhere in the country.

And there are American cities where the liberal/conservative divide aligns strongly with race - especially in the South.
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

Adorable Furry Hombre

"I'm an uninformed voter, and live in an alternate reality."

I just optimized your post by saving 170 words or 884 characters. IOW an in(s)anity productivity increase of 94% either by word or by letter count.
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    The Dems are using a very seasoned counsel to interview the witnesses.

The Republicans sound like talking farm animals trying to distract Farmer Brown so they can get at the food bag.

wots...uh the deal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    "I'm an uninformed voter, and live in an alternate reality."

I just optimized your post by saving 170 words or 884 characters. IOW an in(s)anity productivity increase of 94% either by word or by letter count.
    Please don't put words in other people's mouths.

As I read exracer's post, I get the sense that it is more "nothing will come of it" (partially because of the wrong reasons) and cynicism about the process or outcome (possibly)

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Quote Originally Posted by mmoose View Post
    Please don't put words in other people's mouths.

As I read exracer's post, I get the sense that it is more "nothing will come of it" (partially because of the wrong reasons) and cynicism about the process or outcome (possibly)
    Saying nothing came of Mueller is delusional. It just is. It is uninformed.

The litany of Trump appointees with strong political/financial ties to Russia and/or Ukraine is absurd. Not just the Trump Organization itself, but Giuliani himself, Manafort, Flynn, Rex Tillerson, Rick Perry, Volker....right on down the line. Those millionaires all made a killing with blatant conflicts of interest in both countries; and some are even indicted over their wrong doing. It is hard to find someone in the White House appointed by Trump who did NOT make money or carry favor to/from Russia or Ukraine.

Nothing came of the Mueller Report...other than 2 dozen of Trump's hand-picked "best people" getting fitted for orange jumpsuits and serving jail time.
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

Page 1 of 21 123 ... LastLast