Pew report on media today
    waterproof*
    * not actually a Rock Star

xxl
    From the Slate link:

"To be clear, the negative-positive-mixed trichotomy treats all negative coverage the same. It doesn't tell us whose negative coverage is the most negative in tone, nor does it make any kind of judgment on whether that coverageóbe it of Obama or Romneyówas journalistically sound."

So, MSNBC could be treating Romney shabbily because he sux.

You probably could've given the rest of the Pew graphics, too:

More at Pew.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2003
    I always love these types of stories. Part of what gets incldued is the horse race. So if a story mentions that Romney is behind in the polls, that counts as negative. Reporting numbers is evidence of bias

RoadBikeReview Member
    If you don't how the facts lay out --- its a conspiracy --- a liberal media bias lie.
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    What's Fox's share of viewers vs MSNBC, and which network has more influence?
    A lie by one may ot have the impact of a lie by the other. "You decide".

I wouldn't compare FOX "news" to MSNBC.

FOX "news" is literally propaganda--ie, the people onscreen don't actually believe the things they say. it's also branded as "news" with slogans like "fair and balanced" and "we report, you decide."

MSNBC, on the other hand, is just crap. a bunch of TV hacks yammering about bullshit and superficial stories. no one watches it, they don't have reporters and they aren't "news."

CNN is bad too.

turn off the TV.

Covfefe
    Anyone who watches TV news, other than the PBS News Hour, for the purpose of getting informed is a fcuking idiot.
    "Itís hard to win an argument with a smart person, but itís damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." - Bill Murray

( ͡į ͜ʖ ͡į)
    Quote Originally Posted by bricoleur View Post

FOX "news" is literally propaganda--ie, the people onscreen don't actually believe the things they say. it's also branded as "news" with slogans like "fair and balanced" and "we report, you decide."

MSNBC, on the other hand, is just crap. a bunch of TV hacks yammering about bullshit and superficial stories. no one watches it, they don't have reporters and they aren't "news."

CNN is bad too.

turn off the TV.
    Stick with the best news source out there:
    Politics boards on cycling forums.
    I lost my phone number. Can I have yours?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bricoleur View Post

CNN is bad too.

turn off the TV.
    Fox News is the only real news. I'm sorry you can't handle it. Obama looses by 9% in the election on Tuesday.......You heard it here first.
    "Strange women, lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony." Peasant

"Our capitalist system provides the initiative for the majority to develop their talents where they will be of most value to the free will bearing people of our nation." Me, 2011

Covfefe
    Quote Originally Posted by surfndav View Post
    Fox News is the only real news. I'm sorry you can't handle it. Obama looses by 9% in the election on Tuesday.......You heard it here first.

LMAOAY.
    "Itís hard to win an argument with a smart person, but itís damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." - Bill Murray

Adorable Furry Hombre
    I'm quoting this post for possible future RBR Signature reference. Dibs!
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

Covfefe
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    I'm quoting this post for possible future RBR Signature reference. Dibs!
    Already done. Sorry!

I think you should quote that post in your sig too though... The more the merrier.

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Quote Originally Posted by TerminatorX91 View Post
    Beat you. Sorry!
    sonofab....
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

Covfefe
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    sonofab....
    You should signature quote that post too.

Covfefe
    This forum needs a quotation hall of fame/shame.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Fox had the polls wrong the entire time. So either their polling was inept. Or bias.

That's not news I'd want to trust. I can handle the truth... it's the lies I can't handle.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tlg View Post
    Fox had the polls wrong the entire time. So either their polling was inept. Or bias.

That's not news I'd want to trust. I can handle the truth... it's the lies I can't handle.
    As I recall the Fox polls themselves were in line with other polls. It was the Fox analysts that proved all wet. Morris is a clown. Rove is a shill. Barone usually has things dialed in. I am surprised he was off base.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue CheeseHead

As I recall the Fox polls themselves were in line with other polls. It was the Fox analysts that proved all wet. Morris is a clown. Rove is a shill. Barone usually has things dialed in. I am surprised he was off base.

the polls FOX "news" commissions are good, and from what I've heard Barone is usually reality-based.

it's hilarious when FOX "news" had Morris on to trash their own poll and talk up Rasmussen (right-wing pundit turned pollster, who seems to specialize in "narrative creating" polls, which he then herds to the median numbers before election day).