• 12-04-2014
    NJBiker72
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by TerminatorX91 View Post
    I don't have nor will I be having children so the premise of your argument, that I'm asking everyone else to pay for my decisions, doesn't exist.

    Go ahead, argle, bargle, derp your way through that, indeed.

    Yep, you Derp'd it good. Ignored the whole thought process completely. At least you realize you have no case.
  • 12-04-2014
    TerminatorX91
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by NJBiker72 View Post
    It clearly works fine. With zero explanation. Zero understanding. Zero knowledge.

    Yet call OTHERS stupid.

    Pretty typical around here.


    Well, that's you MO, right there.
  • 12-04-2014
    NJBiker72
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by serious View Post
    Travel a bit, live in other countries before dismissing what many of us are saying.

    So like your buddy. No argument. Trust me, I have seen it, supposedly and since I did not have to pay for it, it seemed great. Free candy!!!
  • 12-04-2014
    SauronHimself
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by NJBiker72 View Post
    It is not eliminating it. It is taking responsibility for it. You can choose to engage in sexual activities. That is a good thing. But if you can't afford to get pregnant. Use a condom or take other measures to not get pregnant. Not foolproof. But pretty effective.

    Making other people pay for your choice is selfish and economically unsound.

    Again, there is a key difference in what is necessary for our survival and what is expendable, and we have welcomed women into the work force with equal rights as they are entitled to have, so it's not like we can have our cake and eat it, too. Either we accommodate for the unchangeable characteristics of females and the necessary activity of procreation, or we revert to an era when women were much more largely discriminated and told they can't do X, Y, and Z. This is not a false dilemma fallacy as there aren't other alternatives which don't place women between a rock and a hard place.

    I have a coworker who recently got gastric bypass surgery for his weight. He didn't have metabolic issues (i.e. thyroid), and he wasn't depressed to contribute to an eating disorder. Nor was he diabetic from birth (he still isn't). He was just lazy and ate mostly carbs while getting no exercise, and this was by his own admission. He discussed his condition in great detail, so I have enough information to judge whether or not he chose to get fat, and he did choose that. It was particularly egregious since he had loads of time to back out of this project knowing the risks, but he kept going. His insurance covered the gastric bypass because it was considered a life-saving operation in his case and not elective surgery. Other people paid for his negligence (unlike pregnancy which is not necessarily a negligent event), and it was because he got his doctor to pencil whip an excuse declaring vital need for this operation. Should I have called him selfish and said his actions were economically unsound?
  • 12-04-2014
    NJBiker72
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by TerminatorX91 View Post
    Well, that's you MO, right there.

    The water/glue argument. Classic. Guess what? You still have not answered any of the questions. And just because you are not taking the free candy does not mean others are not.
  • 12-04-2014
    serious
    PREGNANCY: should companies accommodate?
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by NJBiker72 View Post
    So like your buddy. No argument. Trust me, I have seen it, supposedly and since I did not have to pay for it, it seemed great. Free candy!!!

    Argument for what? That paid maternity leave does work? It works very well in Canada. Any other questions? :-)
  • 12-04-2014
    TerminatorX91
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by NJBiker72 View Post
    The water/glue argument. Classic. Guess what? You still have not answered any of the questions. And just because you are not taking the free candy does not mean others are not.

    I'm under no obligation to answer your dumb-ass questions. Don't like it? Tough crap.

    Just because you state a belief that someone, somewhere is taking free candy doesn't give your claim any meaning, truth, value or relevance.
  • 12-04-2014
    TerminatorX91
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by NJBiker72 View Post
    So like your buddy. No argument. Trust me, I have seen it, supposedly and since I did not have to pay for it, it seemed great. Free candy!!!

    Don't forget the free Cadillacs !!!
  • 12-04-2014
    TerminatorX91
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by NJBiker72 View Post
    Yep, you Derp'd it good. Ignored the whole thought process completely. At least you realize you have no case.

    Believe what you want. It's not as if facts and reality ever stopped you from doing otherwise.
  • 12-04-2014
    NJBiker72
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by SauronHimself View Post
    Again, there is a key difference in what is necessary for our survival and what is expendable, and we have welcomed women into the work force with equal rights as they are entitled to have, so it's not like we can have our cake and eat it, too. Either we accommodate for the unchangeable characteristics of females and the necessary activity of procreation, or we revert to an era when women were much more largely discriminated and told they can't do X, Y, and Z. This is not a false dilemma fallacy as there aren't other alternatives which don't place women between a rock and a hard place.

    I have a coworker who recently got gastric bypass surgery for his weight. He didn't have metabolic issues (i.e. thyroid), and he wasn't depressed to contribute to an eating disorder. Nor was he diabetic from birth (he still isn't). He was just lazy and ate mostly carbs while getting no exercise, and this was by his own admission. He discussed his condition in great detail, so I have enough information to judge whether or not he chose to get fat, and he did choose that. It was particularly egregious since he had loads of time to back out of this project knowing the risks, but he kept going. His insurance covered the gastric bypass because it was considered a life-saving operation in his case and not elective surgery. Other people paid for his negligence (unlike pregnancy which is not necessarily a negligent event), and it was because he got his doctor to pencil whip an excuse declaring vital need for this operation. Should I have called him selfish and said his actions were economically unsound?

    Very different circumstances. Yes people choose to eat. But few choose to intentionally become obese. Many do intentionally choose to have children. It is very difficult to distinguish who had a ooops and who wanted to get pregnant.

    Unlike others here, though, I am not afraid of answering questions.

    No, it is not selfish to take time off and have a procedure.

    Yes, it is selfish to ask you to pay for his time off to have the procedure. Yes, it is selfish to ask his co-workers to compensate for him if he is out for an entire year for a procedure of his choosing. It may be the best thing for him. Good for him. Maybe the company values him enough to keep that seat warm. But that is there choice. They should not be forced to either pay a second employee to do the job he is not doing or work the rest of the staff harder to make up for it.
  • 12-04-2014
    NJBiker72
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by TerminatorX91 View Post
    I'm under no obligation to answer your dumb-ass questions. Don't like it? Tough crap.

    Just because you state a belief that someone, somewhere is taking free candy doesn't give your claim any meaning, truth, value or relevance.

    It is not that you do not have to. It is simply that you cannot.

    You cannot dispute it with any logic so you turn to your insults and mockery. You make yourself look foolish. No one else.
  • 12-04-2014
    dougclaysmith
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by NJBiker72 View Post
    Yep, you Derp'd it good. Ignored the whole thought process completely. At least you realize you have no case.

    He has no case, and he knows it. He says he owns a business, if he does, he understands your point.

    But, it's easier to sit there and be high and mighty, and say "DERP" like some parrot, then defend his contradictions.
  • 12-04-2014
    NJBiker72
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by serious View Post
    Argument for what? That paid maternity leave does work? It works very well in Canada. Any other questions? :-)

    Oooh Canada, the land of perfection. :rolleyes:


    Maybe you can explain the details of how perfect life in little Canada is. Maybe you can say how this works. Maybe you can explain how this does not result in higher taxes for everyone. Maybe you can explain how different demographics impact different populations. Maybe you can explain the impact different pregnancy rates would have on the program.

    Or maybe you can't.
  • 12-04-2014
    TerminatorX91
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by serious View Post
    Argument for what? That paid maternity leave does work? It works very well in Canada. Any other questions? :-)

    Ever notice how the lowest common denominator idiots on this forum always demand and expect us to waste our time answering their unintelligent questions and argue with them as though facts and reality ever made a difference to the Land Make Believe between their ears?
  • 12-04-2014
    TerminatorX91
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by NJBiker72 View Post
    It is not that you do not have to. It is simply that you cannot.

    You cannot dispute it with any logic so you turn to your insults and mockery. You make yourself look foolish. No one else.

    Again, believe what you want. Facts and reality never stopped you from doing otherwise.
  • 12-04-2014
    TerminatorX91
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by NJBiker72 View Post
    Oooh Canada, the land of perfection. :rolleyes:


    Maybe you can explain the details of how perfect life in little Canada is. Maybe you can say how this works. Maybe you can explain how this does not result in higher taxes for everyone. Maybe you can explain how different demographics impact different populations. Maybe you can explain the impact different pregnancy rates would have on the program.

    Or maybe you can't.


    Or maybe he realized you're a moron and shouldn't bother?

    Serious, is that what it is?
  • 12-04-2014
    NJBiker72
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by TerminatorX91 View Post
    Again, believe what you want. Facts and reality never stopped you from doing otherwise.

    Yet, I am the one willing to address facts and reality, while you spew insults and Derps.
  • 12-04-2014
    TerminatorX91
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by NJBiker72 View Post
    Oooh Canada, the land of perfection. :rolleyes:


    Quote:

    Originally Posted by NJBiker72 View Post
    Yet, I am the one willing to address facts and reality, while you spew insults and Derps.

    Yeah, sure you did.
  • 12-04-2014
    NJBiker72
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by TerminatorX91 View Post
    Or maybe he realized you're a moron and shouldn't bother?

    Serious, is that what it is?

    The last line when you have no argument. Continue to insult.

    Do you think that slurs and insults instead of rational arguments make you appear intelligent?
  • 12-04-2014
    TerminatorX91
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by NJBiker72 View Post
    The last line when you have no argument. Continue to insult.

    Do you think that slurs and insults instead of rational arguments make you appear intelligent?

    I'm not interested in a appearances.
  • 12-04-2014
    love4himies
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by NJBiker72 View Post
    Oooh Canada, the land of perfection. :rolleyes:


    Maybe you can explain the details of how perfect life in little Canada is. Maybe you can say how this works. Maybe you can explain how this does not result in higher taxes for everyone. Maybe you can explain how different demographics impact different populations. Maybe you can explain the impact different pregnancy rates would have on the program.

    Or maybe you can't.

    We respect women and families. We respect the need for parents to bond with their babies in order to have mentally healthy humans. We understand that need to pay that extra dollar a month to support families. A business has enough notice to plan for the employee's absence.
  • 12-04-2014
    TerminatorX91
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by love4himies View Post
    We respect women and families. We respect the need for parents to bond with their babies in order to have mentally healthy humans. We understand that need to pay that extra dollar a month to support families. A business has enough notice to plan for the employee's absence.

    Oooh respect for the heath and wellbeing of babies and their parents, bet you think Canada is perfect too.
  • 12-04-2014
    SauronHimself
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by TerminatorX91 View Post
    Or maybe he realized you're a moron and shouldn't bother?

    Serious, is that what it is?

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by TerminatorX91 View Post
    I'm not interested in a appearances.

    You don't have to care what other people think of you, but don't be surprised that others aren't taking you seriously. The passive-aggressive nonsense evident in most of your posts doesn't do you any favors. You're obviously in this forum frequently to attempt convincing people that your arguments are valid, but you go about them in a way that alienates people before they'll even listen.
  • 12-04-2014
    dougclaysmith
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by SauronHimself View Post
    You don't have to care what other people think of you, but don't be surprised that others aren't taking you seriously. The passive-aggressive nonsense evident in most of your posts doesn't do you any favors. You're obviously in this forum frequently to attempt convincing people that your arguments are valid, but you go about them in a way that alienates people before they'll even listen.

    Thank you!
  • 12-04-2014
    NJBiker72
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by love4himies View Post
    We respect women and families. We respect the need for parents to bond with their babies in order to have mentally healthy humans. We understand that need to pay that extra dollar a month to support families. A business has enough notice to plan for the employee's absence.

    And to pay a full year's salary? And to hire a new employee to replace them? Someone good enough to do the job, yet cheap enough to be affordable?

    Who pays for all of this wondrous enlightenment?