Pretend for a moment that you're on trump's pr team...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 38
  1. #1
    xxl
    xxl is offline
    Moderator
    Reputation: xxl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    36,264

    Pretend for a moment that you're on trump's pr team...

    ...is this a good idea? Why/why not?




    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

    Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

    "Oh my god. This is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I’m f—d.”

  2. #2
    Opus was just napping
    Reputation: thatsmybush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    19,762
    I can see why. If he gets booorns'd at Veterans Day event, his people will spin it as a bunch of Troop Hating Human Scum Antifa heathens.

    It is a can't lose for him. He gets cheered he gets his chubby he needs, get boo'd and he gets to create another Kaepernick out of whole cloth.

    Now if he gets booorns'd at the Bama game...
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

  3. #3
    Cycling Addict
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4,257
    "Now if he gets booo'd at the Bama game..."

    There will be a fewboos, but this is Alabama.


    Life is short... enjoy the ride.

  4. #4
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    15,618
    Alabama Students Warned Not to Protest Trump

    “The Student Government Association at the University of Alabama is warning groups that protesting President Trump during the Tide’s Saturday game vs. LSU could result in loss of reserved seating for the remainder of the season,” the Birmingham News reports.
    https://www.al.com/news/2019/11/alab...d-seating.html

    Such a coward.
    "I would like you to do us a favor"

  5. #5
    off the back
    Reputation: rufus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Falsetti View Post
    Alabama Students Warned Not to Protest Trump

    “The Student Government Association at the University of Alabama is warning groups that protesting President Trump during the Tide’s Saturday game vs. LSU could result in loss of reserved seating for the remainder of the season,” the Birmingham News reports.
    https://www.al.com/news/2019/11/alab...d-seating.html

    Such a coward.
    I thought it was The Left who were always stifling free speech on campus?
    "Damn. Y'all murdered the sh*t out that mutherf***er"

  6. #6
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Fredrico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    26,860
    Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    I thought it was The Left who were always stifling free speech on campus?
    They are, to the point conservative faculty are scared sh!tless. These punks better watch out, booing the Commander in Chief in a Veterans Day rally that commemorates the troops. Lots of ex and future military in 'Bama. They're gonna be pi$$ed off at the disruptions to what they see as a solemn patriotic event that pulls the country together.

    It don't look good for commie punks bent on anarchy trying to destroy the state. Those NY punks laid down the gloves, or rather cardboard boxes on top of a police car, opening a war on law enforcement. So who's next? NY transit authority! The first revolutionary act is jumping over subway turnstiles?

    So much for rule of law. Schift and Nadler are breaking it in Soviet style, secret meetings, anonymous "whistle blower" a stooge set up by the Deep State. The Kavanaugh hearings were just a warmup. The Mueller saga kept the false narrative going for two years. When people get that desperate, watch out. You'll be next. Better be careful what you say on social media. You could lose your job!

  7. #7
    gazing from the shadows
    Reputation: QuiQuaeQuod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    26,616
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredrico View Post
    They are, to the point conservative faculty are scared sh!tless.
    Not the ones I know. But then I know lots of faculty, you don't.

    Ever going to post links for your claims? Because pure fantasy is worthless from you.
    .
    Stout beers under trees, please.

  8. #8
    feelin' Freddie Mercury
    Reputation: SystemShock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    32,943
    Sounds like blocking Fred was one of the best decisions I ever made.
    .
    Monkhouse: I want to go like my Dad did – peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

    System: Fake news?? Trump's a Fake President, for God's sake.

    Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

    Homer: I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

    Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind


  9. #9
    xxl
    xxl is offline
    Moderator
    Reputation: xxl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    36,264
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post
    Not the ones I know. But then I know lots of faculty, you don't.

    Ever going to post links for your claims? Because pure fantasy is worthless from you.
    ^Double this.
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

    Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

    "Oh my god. This is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I’m f—d.”

  10. #10
    Opus was just napping
    Reputation: thatsmybush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    19,762
    My dogs take dumps that smell better than Fredrico's post.

    Not going to copy his posts anymore in deference to all of the people who have placed him on ignore.
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

  11. #11
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: kiwisimon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    6,879
    thank you.

  12. #12
    Cycling Addict
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4,257
    "soviet style secret meetings"

    Fred sure has all the conservative talking points down pat. Of course, it was the GOP controlled house who set up the rules under which those "secret meetings" were held. Let us not forget what Trey Gowdy wrote about it:

    As Trey Gowdy pointed out in his Benghazi Report
    Select Committee on Benghazi Report, Part IV, 12-13

    The Committee’s preference for private interviews over public hearings has been questioned. Interviews are a more efficient and effective means of discovery. Interviews allow witnesses to be questioned in depth by a highly prepared member or staff person. In a hearing, every member of a committee is recognized—usually for five minutes—a procedure which precludes in-depth focused questioning. Interviews also allow the Committee to safeguard the privacy of witnesses who may fear retaliation for cooperating or whose work requires anonymity, such as intelligence community operatives.

    Both witnesses and members of Congress conduct themselves differently in interviews than when in the public glare of a hearing. Neither have an incentive to play to the cameras. Witnesses have no incentive to run out the clock as long-winded evasive answers merely extend the length of the interview. Likewise, Members have no need to interrupt witnesses to try to ask all their questions in five minutes. Perhaps more importantly, political posturing, self-serving speeches, and theatrics serve no purpose in a closed interview and, as a result, the questioning in interviews tends to be far more effective at discovering information than at public hearings. For these reasons, nearly all Executive Branch investigations are conducted in private and without arbitrary time constraints. This is no less true in a Legislative Branch investigation, yet the manner in which the media portrays these investigations is starkly different.



    Keep in mind that the GOP members of those committees were allowed the same chance to question the witnesses, so all your talk of "kangaroo courts" is pure malarky. Now the House has moved into the open testimony phase and we will see new talking points raising objections to a purely legal process.
    Life is short... enjoy the ride.

  13. #13
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: DaveWC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,212
    Pretend for a moment that you're on trump's pr team...

    Some posters here don't have to pretend.

  14. #14
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,302
    if one doesn't copy fred's drivel in reply's.... he is essentially on permanent ban, by vote!
    BANNED

  15. #15
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: DaveWC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,212
    Quote Originally Posted by duriel View Post
    if one doesn't copy fred's drivel in reply's.... he is essentially on permanent ban, by vote!
    He would be our version of Creed Bratton. Do it.


  16. #16
    off the back
    Reputation: rufus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,182
    Quote Originally Posted by bradkay View Post
    "soviet style secret meetings"

    Fred sure has all the conservative talking points down pat. Of course, it was the GOP controlled house who set up the rules under which those "secret meetings" were held. Let us not forget what Trey Gowdy wrote about it:

    As Trey Gowdy pointed out in his Benghazi Report
    Select Committee on Benghazi Report, Part IV, 12-13

    The Committee’s preference for private interviews over public hearings has been questioned. Interviews are a more efficient and effective means of discovery. Interviews allow witnesses to be questioned in depth by a highly prepared member or staff person. In a hearing, every member of a committee is recognized—usually for five minutes—a procedure which precludes in-depth focused questioning. Interviews also allow the Committee to safeguard the privacy of witnesses who may fear retaliation for cooperating or whose work requires anonymity, such as intelligence community operatives.

    Both witnesses and members of Congress conduct themselves differently in interviews than when in the public glare of a hearing. Neither have an incentive to play to the cameras. Witnesses have no incentive to run out the clock as long-winded evasive answers merely extend the length of the interview. Likewise, Members have no need to interrupt witnesses to try to ask all their questions in five minutes. Perhaps more importantly, political posturing, self-serving speeches, and theatrics serve no purpose in a closed interview and, as a result, the questioning in interviews tends to be far more effective at discovering information than at public hearings. For these reasons, nearly all Executive Branch investigations are conducted in private and without arbitrary time constraints. This is no less true in a Legislative Branch investigation, yet the manner in which the media portrays these investigations is starkly different.



    Keep in mind that the GOP members of those committees were allowed the same chance to question the witnesses, so all your talk of "kangaroo courts" is pure malarky. Now the House has moved into the open testimony phase and we will see new talking points raising objections to a purely legal process.
    there was a letter in my local paper today complaining about these "closed door meetings" and the "selective leaks of information" that have come out of them to make the president look bad.

    As you state, there are Republicans on these committees also, listening to that same testimony, and asking questions of those same witnesses. You can be certain that if there were any information coming out of that testimony that made the president look good, we'd be hearing it from them.

    But for some reason we aren't. Hmmmmmm, why could that be?
    "Damn. Y'all murdered the sh*t out that mutherf***er"

  17. #17
    [REDACTED]
    Reputation: Lombard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,905
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    Sounds like blocking Fred was one of the best decisions I ever made.
    .
    And banning him was the best decision the mods ever made. Too bad they let him back in.
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

    “Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein



  18. #18
    feelin' Freddie Mercury
    Reputation: SystemShock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    32,943
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    And banning him was the best decision the mods ever made. Too bad they let him back in.
    Word. Really hope he doesn't talk about age of consent again. Eww.
    .
    Monkhouse: I want to go like my Dad did – peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

    System: Fake news?? Trump's a Fake President, for God's sake.

    Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

    Homer: I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

    Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind


  19. #19
    [REDACTED]
    Reputation: Lombard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,905
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    Word. Really hope he doesn't talk about age of consent again. Eww.
    .
    I really thought that was perma-ban worthy, but what do I know??
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

    “Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein



  20. #20
    xxl
    xxl is offline
    Moderator
    Reputation: xxl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    36,264
    I think Monday is going to be the most interesting Veterans' Day we've had for some time.

    Meanwhile, ponder:

    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

    Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

    "Oh my god. This is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I’m f—d.”

  21. #21
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    15,618
    Baby Trump in Tuscaloosa


    "I would like you to do us a favor"

  22. #22
    Russian Troll Farmer
    Reputation: No Time Toulouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,409
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    I think Monday is going to be the most interesting Veterans' Day we've had for some time.

    Meanwhile, ponder:


    Fun fact: Escaping mandatory military service was why Trump's great-grandfather emigrated. Some 15 years later, he went back, married, and petitioned to stay. Due to his avoidance of military service, he was deported back to the US.
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres"

  23. #23
    xxl
    xxl is offline
    Moderator
    Reputation: xxl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    36,264
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

    Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

    "Oh my god. This is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I’m f—d.”

  24. #24
    What the what???
    Reputation: Opus51569's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10,730

    Pretend for a moment that you're on trump's pr team...

    Hmm... Seems like the event in New York went about as expected.

    https://www.rawstory.com/2019/11/tra...new-york-city/

    Demonstrators in New York City called for the prosecution and imprisonment of President Donald Trump as he spoke at a Veterans Day event.

    The president on Monday spoke in his hometown of New York City ahead of the Veterans Day parade. Although the president was behind bulletproof glass, protesters chanted “lock him up” loud enough for him to hear. Chants of “impeach and remove” could also be heard.



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The Law of Headwinds states: If the ride out is easy you better leave something in the tank for the turn...

  25. #25
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Fredrico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    26,860
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWC View Post
    Pretend for a moment that you're on trump's pr team...

    Some posters here don't have to pretend.
    Have to say the audience at the game applauded when Trump sat down. 'Bama is Trump country. What would you expect?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-22-2012, 10:45 AM
  2. Pr-eee-is/Pr-eye-is...
    By KWL in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-04-2012, 06:30 PM
  3. Pretend That You Are On A Jury....
    By Gregory Taylor in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 11-02-2009, 08:16 AM
  4. and night after night, we pretend it's all right
    By Creakyknees in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-15-2009, 07:57 PM
  5. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 07-11-2006, 07:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.