Professionalism, threats, public behavior of American Politics
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2002

Professionalism, threats, public behavior of American Politics

Has anyone noticed the level of insane behavior antics taking place this week? I'm not talking scandals, just the behavior, mostly Republican, angry outbursts, I think someone slapped Nancy Pelosi in the face using a poster, Mike Steel's comments about Armagedden? the tea party antics, spitting, racism, the Republicans NOT denouncing it, NOT taking any responsibility for inspiring it, just runningamuck with distortion and lies and hyperbole

when did this misogynistic, racial, lascivious type of behavior become acceptable in public by political figures?

lets put together a list of videos of the insanity taking place

what the repercussions are from this could change the course of events as they are playing to people who don't have a balanced mentality or think that murder is OK if it is in the name of nationalism or American pride

i think the GOP is sending itself off a cliff, the party will be obsolete if the antics keep up

Number 2 on the course.
    Quote Originally Posted by CARBON110
    i think the GOP is sending itself off a cliff, the party will be obsolete if the antics keep up
    The GOP will eventually be small enough to drown in a bathtub.
    Last edited by PeanutButterBreath; 03-25-2010 at 06:23 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    **** Students shot and killed on campus

**** Cities burning

**** Multiple assassinations including politicians, candidates for office, and advocates for change

**** 500 body bags a week flown home from a war zone

The current political climate is bad and the conduct by some reprehensible ... but it in comparison to the late 1960's?

there's nothing goin' on!

Obama gave Saul Alinsky books to the media for Christmas, and they're just now reading them.

"Okay, fall in line comrades--lets all makeup stories to smear the real 'murricans for exposing our dear leader's tyrannical ways."

and why is FOX News the only outlet Fair and Balanced™ enough to mention that most folks use phones to communicate but Obama uses his to... SOCIALIZE.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2005
    Has anyone noticed the level of insane behavior antics taking place this week? I'm not talking scandals, just the behavior, mostly Republican, angry outbursts, I think someone slapped Nancy Pelosi in the face using a poster, Mike Steel's comments about Armagedden? the tea party antics, spitting, racism, the Republicans NOT denouncing it, NOT taking any responsibility for inspiring it, just runningamuck with distortion and lies and hyperbole

when did this misogynistic, racial, lascivious type of behavior become acceptable in public by political figures?

what the repercussions are from this could change the course of events as they are playing to people who don't have a balanced mentality or think that murder is OK if it is in the name of nationalism or American pride

There was similar Republican incitement prior to the bombing of the Murrah building in 1995.

Number 2 on the course.
    Quote Originally Posted by troutmd
    The current political climate is bad and the conduct by some reprehensible ... but it in comparison to the late 1960's?
    The difference is that the current agitators are kooks. They have no coherent cause, nor is there any way forward for this country that will appease their infantile, narcissistic rage.

So, true, the climate is not nearly as fraught and there are far fewer cranks running around. However, the anger is invincible.

Not Banned

they've gone

batsh!t crazy
    they can't denounce the wackos and their behavior because that is their base
    so they play up to it
    they will incite something bad, and they will have to live with it
    given they have shown to be quite amoral, it shouldn't be a problem
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2002
    on NPRs Fresh Air, there is an excellent interview on this subject, the Patriot movement, anti government groups, their rise in the last year, how race plays into todays politics and the changing face of America, as Obama as the face of Federal government right now, how changing demographics factor in, anger over the role of government in the bailouts, etc

Mark Potok is the editor of the investigative journal Intelligence Report. Previously he spent almost 20 years as a reporter at USA Today and The Miami Herald.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=124906766

Adorable Furry Hombre
    on NPRs Fresh Air, there is an excellent interview on this subject, the Patriot movement, anti government groups, their rise in the last year, how race plays into todays politics and the changing face of America, as Obama as the face of Federal government right now, how changing demographics factor in, anger over the role of government in the bailouts, etc

Mark Potok is the editor of the investigative journal Intelligence Report. Previously he spent almost 20 years as a reporter at USA Today and The Miami Herald.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=124906766
    On NPR this morning, they reported that something like 100 Congressmen/women were asking for more Secret Service protection due to email threats received in the last week.
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

RoadBikeReview Member
    This is why I wish we had a system more like Britten. If Congressmen and Senators actually had to defend there position with real debate like in Parliament. I think it would make it allot harder to say some of the stuff they do on both sides.

Banned forever.....or not
    I'm all for deportation of this angry anti-american rabble, and their instigators.

Where could we send them, you ask?...........Texas and Mississippi, I say. (with a big fence around them)
    If your opinion differs from mine, ..........Too bad.
    How would you like it if Hitler killed you
    Dogbert.

I>U

Buying parts to hang on your bike is always easier than getting fit.

If you feel wimpy and weak, get out and train more, ya wee lassie!

If Jesus had a gun, he'd be alive today!

this is pretty bizarre.

it's almost as if a group a people, maybe an organization or organizations, public figures, or even media personalities had told another group of folks that their relatives would be killed, or said there was an "armageddon" underway.

I wonder what could cause all this mass hysteria?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009

Have you ever seen any of the antics shown at the typical leftist rally during the Bush years? The vitriol and hate being attributed to the Republicans pales in comparison.

Number 2 on the course.
    Quote Originally Posted by yo mamma
    Have you ever seen any of the antics shown at the typical leftist rally during the Bush years? The vitriol and hate being attributed to the Republicans pales in comparison.
    Yeah. The "reverse racism" was shocking!

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterBreath
    Yeah. The "reverse racism" was shocking!
    How many Dems brought M16s to town hall meetings with politicians, as I remember right-wing-wackjobs doing...
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

Number 2 on the course.
    Their giant puppets are terrifying. They are terrorists!

yeah, and they had politicians and a "news" network egging them on, right?

the problem with the right's current kookery is that it's institutionalized kookery.

the fringe is now the "mainstream" of the GOP.

Scary New GOP Poll - The Daily Beast, John Avalon

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bricoleur

the problem with the right's current kookery is that it's institutionalized kookery.
    No, it's not. If you are referring to the Tea Party activists, they've had close to a thousand rallies with over a million participants, and there hasn't been one incident of violence. A "report" of maybe 10 threats of violence does not equal institutionalized kookery.

Number 2 on the course.
    If you are referring to the Tea Party activists, they've had close to a thousand rallies with over a million participants, and there hasn't been one incident of violence.
    Just wall-to-wall hate-speech and appeals to further their agenda via intimidation.

Skepticynisism
    The GOP will eventually be small enough to drown in a bathtub.
    Bathtubs will be banned long before that happens.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    Just wall-to-wall hate-speech and appeals to further their agenda via intimidation.
    I have to ask again, have you ever seen the sort of shenanigans that occurs at leftist rallies?

Number 2 on the course.
    I have to ask again, have you ever seen the sort of shenanigans that occurs at leftist rallies?
    Dude, I grew up in Berkeley and graduated from Cal. So yeah. I've seen people riot over The Man trying to kick squatters off His property to build volleyball courts. Of course there are leftist nuts!

But there is a difference between going up against a riot cop with a gun and using a gun to intimidate a civilian.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2005
    Their success will depend on how many racists there actually are in America. We'll find out.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dude, I grew up in Berkeley and graduated from Cal. So yeah. I've seen people riot over The Man trying to kick squatters off His property to build volleyball courts. Of course there are leftist nuts!

But there is a difference between going up against a riot cop with a gun and using a gun to intimidate a civilian.
    Yeah because the riot cop is interfering with their Constitutional right to destroy private property to show how upset they are and riot cops kill so many of the brave heros of the left.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006

This thread is ridiculous in itself.

Simply put, I am a little scared of this health care bill. On the flip side, I actually have some hope for it. I hope it succeeds, that everybody has health care, that it does not bankrupt the country, and that if it isn't working or it is too expensive politicians will do the right thing and fix it.

Now, can you also see why I am scared of it. I wonder whether it will bankrupt a country where each taxpayer currently owes about $85,000 to the federal government to cover the national debt, not including interest on it. I wonder if politicians will do the hard thing to curb costs once this plan becomes popular like social security and medicare. I wonder if the American people will even allow the politicians to do anything to this bill even if it will bankrupt the country, or if we will be like the Romans as they bled their treasury dry and had a good time.

Those that rejoice over this without worrying about what the future holds are grasshoppers. Those that do not want to try to address rising health care costs are idiots. Personally, I think both sides are idiots in this matter. The Dems are touting this as the greatest thing in the world, and the Republicans are saying that it is the worst. Granted, the President is saying that the bill isn't perfect, but is he telling the populace what he thinks is wrong with it and what might need to be done regarding it in the future?

Over time I will learn more and more about this bill and will figure out which side I should be leaning toward (e.g., joyous as can be or scared as heck). Until then, I am skeptical about all the promises and the doomsayers.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.” Modified by unknown from Bovard's original quote<o:p></o:p>

Bikes:
    Colnago C50 ST01 - 2008 Campy Record 10 - Zipp 303
    Colnago Cristallo NS03 - 2007 Campy Record 10 - Custom Wheels
    Colnago Oval Krono LX4 - 2008 Campy Record 10 - Zipp 808/disk
    Colnago Arte bare aluminum - 2007 Campy Record 10 - Zipp 404
    Colnago Arte NS03 - unbuilt
    Bianchi FG Lite Liqui - 2008 Record - Zipp 202

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast