Q. What's the difference between the Vietnam War and the Iraq War?
    Censored by *********

A. George W. Bush had a plan to get out of the Vietnam War.

Hehe. Funny.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the most responsive to change.

Charles Darwin

I don't exist

Long live Al Frankin

And Air America!
    Rocket Sturgeon
    -2B1 Ask 1-
    Fast Stinky Fish
    in KY jelly

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepaul

Hehe. Funny.
    I was thinking the answer would be "about 34 years"
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

Soon to be banned

Hehe. Funny.
    A. Same concept, different administrations.

That's a good one! LOL!

Apr 2002

Hehe. Funny.
    It was his dad who got the scaredy drunkard out of the Vietnam War.
    Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
    --John Stuart Mill

Banned forever.....or not
    Easy...........50,000 and 1,000
    If your opinion differs from mine, ..........Too bad.
    How would you like it if Hitler killed you
    Dogbert.

I>U

Buying parts to hang on your bike is always easier than getting fit.

If you feel wimpy and weak, get out and train more, ya wee lassie!

If Jesus had a gun, he'd be alive today!

Apr 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_GRUMPY
    Easy...........50,000 and 1,000
    The way W.'s going, the difference will narrow.
    Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
    --John Stuart Mill

Jun 1999

difference?

Q. What's the similarity between the Vietnam War and the Iraq War?

A. John Kerry was first in favor of both then against both when it became more politically expedient for him. he.he.he.

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by DougSloan

A. John Kerry was first in favor of both then against both when it became more politically expedient for him. he.he.he.
    I imagine there are plenty of soldiers who went into both Vietnam and Iraq with the best of intentions and then realized they had made a big mistake and that the war wasn't what they expected it would be. Bush never served in combat so how would he know one way or another?
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

Jun 1999

civilian commander in chief

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus Jones II
    I imagine there are plenty of soldiers who went into both Vietnam and Iraq with the best of intentions and then realized they had made a big mistake and that the war wasn't what they expected it would be. Bush never served in combat so how would he know one way or another?
    Are you saying that only combat experienced soldiers are elegible to have an opinion on war, and therefor qualified to be commander in chief? I'll take a look, but I'd bet the majority of presidents never saw combat, and some no military service at all. Careful, you may be disqualifying our last president.

Apr 2002

Kerry's a realist. W.'s a deluded madman.
    --John Stuart Mill

RoadBikeReview Member

Kerry is an Idealist not a Realist

By definition of Realism in International Politics John Kerry is not a Realist he's an Idealist

Most would say he's a put your finger up and see which way the wind is blowing.

Back from the dead
    Are you saying that only combat experienced soldiers are elegible to have an opinion on war, and therefor qualified to be commander in chief? I'll take a look, but I'd bet the majority of presidents never saw combat, and some no military service at all. Careful, you may be disqualifying our last president.
    Our last President didn't go off an invade another country for no reason, spend $200 billion doing it, and, oh yeah, get over 1,000 troops killed while causing the people of every nation in the world to hate the USA.

I'm sure you see some kind of equivalence, but there isn't any. When Clinton left office, the USA commanded respect in the world and was in great shape economically. What has happened since then? Don't you dare say it was 9/11.

Apr 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by giovanni sartori
    By definition of Realism in International Politics John Kerry is not a Realist he's an Idealist.
    Thank you for being the keeper of "definitions" in International Politics! ;)

I still say that Kerry is a realistic politician -- Bush is a deluded nincompoop!
    --John Stuart Mill

Censored by *********
    Perhaps most Republicans would say that but a more accurate statement would be that some would say...

I was going to let it go, but tolerating falsehoods such as this is what has gotten us into this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by giovanni sartori

Most would say he's a put your finger up and see which way the wind is blowing.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the most responsive to change.

Charles Darwin

Opus was just napping
    30 of 43 Presidents served of those 15 or more were in combat operations from Washington to Bush 41. 6 I believe were Generals of some sort from the Civil War alone.

Although there is more to choose from the Presidents that served in the military have, let's say a better quality about them as far as history is concerned.
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

AJS
    banned

Red face

Are you saying that only combat experienced soldiers are elegible to have an opinion on war, and therefor qualified to be commander in chief?
    I would say this: military deserters, (especially in time of war or combat) are not eligible to be CinC.

See: George W. Bush

Arrogant roadie.....
    GW Bush: No

Clinton: No

GHW Bush: Yes

RR: No, but served, Army, WW2

Carter: No, but served, Navy, Korea

Ford: Yes, Navy, WW2

Nixon: No, but served, Navy, WW2

Johnson: Questionable, but recieved the silver star, Navy, WW2. Here is the citation for his silver star:
    For gallantry in action in the vicinity of Port Moresby and Salamaua, New Guinea on June 9, 1942. While on a mission of obtaining information in the Southwest Pacific area, Lieutenant Commander Johnson, in order to obtain personal knowledge of combat conditions, volunteered as an observer on a hazardous aerial combat mission over hostile positions in New Guinea. As our planes neared the target area they were intercepted by eight hostile fighters. When, at this time, the plane in which Lieutenant Commander Johnson was an observer, developed mechanical trouble and was forced to turn back alone, presenting a favorable target to the enemy fighters, he evidenced marked coolness in spite of the hazards involved. His gallant action enabled him to obtain and return with valuable information
    JFK: Yes, Navy, WW2

Ike: Yes, supreme allied commander, WW2. 5-star general, also served WW1, no combat.

Truman: Yes, WW1, Army

FDR: No, but was asst. sec. of Navy in WW1/

Hoover: No

Coolige: No

Harding: No

Wilson: No

Taft: No

T. Roosevelt: Yes, Spanish-American war, Cuba
    We are the 801
    We are the central shaft