Rice's priorities during the crisis
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shirtcocker

Rice's priorities during the crisis

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/ea..._id=1001054110

Guess she needed a few laughs and some new fancy shoes instead of getting busy with relief efforts.
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

Not Banned

look at the whole staff

Bush out fundraising and stumping to a bunch of patsies (plus tossing in a round of golf)
    Cheney I think was in Wyoming fishing
    Condi out shopping

cake anyone?
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by atpjunkie
    Bush out fundraising and stumping to a bunch of patsies (plus tossing in a round of golf)
    Cheney I think was in Wyoming fishing
    Condi out shopping

cake anyone?
    If you read some of the blogs they claim Rice had the lady that shouted at her at the shoe store thrown out by security. Very Marie Antionettish for sure.

http://www.gawker.com/news/condoleezza-rice/index.php

What does surprise us: Just moments ago at the Ferragamo on 5th Avenue, Condoleeza Rice was seen spending several thousands of dollars on some nice, new shoes (we’ve confirmed this, so her new heels will surely get coverage from the WaPo’s Robin Givhan). A fellow shopper, unable to fathom the absurdity of Rice’s timing, went up to the Secretary and reportedly shouted, “How dare you shop for shoes while thousands are dying and homeless!” Never one to have her fashion choices questioned, Rice had security PHYSICALLY REMOVE the woman.

Angry Lady, whoever you are, we love you. You are a true American, and we’ll go shoe shopping with you anytime.
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

Bacon!

What has Rice got to do with the disaster?

How many of you have changed your daily shopping habits for the disaster? OK, must be nice to afford shoes that cost that much, but that lady had no excuse to yell at her. At the most maybe Rice should be out stumping for international aid, but she's not a key part of the disaster relief. I personally have no qualms bashing this administration, but I still think that angry lady was way out of line. Rice's job is international relations, etc. Not trying to save New Orleans. We have plenty of bureaucratic lard butts and their so called leaders for that work (and yes, I'm also a bureaucratic lard butt and Snake says I'm a bottom sucker - oh the pain - but oh well).

On a side note, I don't know Rice's schedule but I hope she wasn't out during the time she should be on the clock. Just looks bad in general.
    To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit ever. Theyre like the Viet Cong Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower.

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridgetop
    How many of you have changed your daily shopping habits for the disaster? OK, must be nice to afford shoes that cost that much, but that lady had no excuse to yell at her. At the most maybe Rice should be out stumping for international aid, but she's not a key part of the disaster relief. I personally have no qualms bashing this administration, but I still think that angry lady was way out of line. Rice's job is international relations, etc. Not trying to save New Orleans. We have plenty of bureaucratic lard butts and their so called leaders for that work (and yes, I'm also a bureaucratic lard butt and Snake says I'm a bottom sucker - oh the pain - but oh well).

On a side note, I don't know Rice's schedule but I hope she wasn't out during the time she should be on the clock. Just looks bad in general.
    Granted this is reaching to blame Rice for shoe shopping while on vacation and she doesn't have a direct role in the cleanup, but it just gives the worng impression to the public to have your SOS out galavanting around while Rome burns, doesn't it?

I personally didn't change my shopping habits but I did do what I could which was give $ when asked. I'm also not a member of GWB's cabinet and my appearance shopping for Ferregamo shoes wouldn't have caused such a ripple.

P.S. I read that the US TURNED DOWN a lot of foreign aid. WTF is up with that?
    Last edited by Bocephus Jones II; 09-08-2005 at 11:43 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus Jones II
    Granted this is reaching to blame Rice for shoe shopping while on vacation and she doesn't have a direct role in the cleanup, but it just gives the worng impression to the public to have your SOS out galavanting around while Rome burns, doesn't it?

I personally didn't change my shopping habits but I did do what I could which was give $ when asked. I'm also not a member of GWB's cabinet and my appearance shopping for Ferregamo shoes wouldn't have caused such a ripple.

P.S. I read that the US TURNED DOWN a lot of foreign aid. WTF is up with that?
    to the ps: The swedes have according to the associated press a plane ready with water cleaning facilities (exact term lacking, sorry).
    The only need one thing: clearing from the US goverment. Apparently that's hard to get. It's not like they lack clean water e.g. NO.

Not Banned

Swedes, Chicago, New Mexico

the list is going to keep growing of all the folks who were turned back by FEMA.
    this is the the Admins Kursk on a much bigger public scale

gazing from the shadows
    At the most maybe Rice should be out stumping for international aid, but she's not a key part of the disaster relief.
    I have some sympathy for this position, and agree with it in general. The SOS does not have a huge role in this. However, since she went down and surveyed the damage, and played a part in the post disaster spin, I think her actions are relevant. They certainly are relevant in terms of what the rest of the adminstration was doing in the early days.

BTW, for atpjunkie, I think Cheney was buying on a vacation house near his buddy Rumsfeld's house on Chesapeake bay, the day after the hurricane hit. Read it somewhere, might or might not be the case.
    Stout beers under trees, please.

Apr 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus Jones II
    http://www.editorandpublisher.com/ea..._id=1001054110

Guess she needed a few laughs and some new fancy shoes instead of getting busy with relief efforts.
    Just like her boss, Condi always has her priorities straight.
    Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
    --John Stuart Mill

Back from the dead
    Hey, come on. The lady needs shoes!

Sooper Dooper Moderator!

Cuba

the list is going to keep growing of all the folks who were turned back by FEMA.
    this is the the Admins Kursk on a much bigger public scale
    Cuba had a bunch of doctors and nurses ready to fly over to the US in the middle part of the week but that aid was turned down.

Apr 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mohair_chair
    Hey, come on. The lady needs shoes!
    Just like her boss needs lots of vacations, which he can cut short for brain-damaged Schiavo and to campaign in friendly waters, but not for a cat.5 hurricane.
    Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
    --John Stuart Mill

Apr 2002
    alot of straps to pull herself up by (yes I know dangling prep)
    And how much time does she spend doing her hair?

Nothing wrong with wanting nice shoes, wanting to look good, vacationing, though. It's just a question of priorities.
    --John Stuart Mill

Not Banned

well she needs

alot of straps to pull herself up by (yes I know dangling prep)

banned
    This is some funny thread. Cuba and Sweden were coming to our rescue? LOL!!!
    Last edited by Live Steam; 09-08-2005 at 01:09 PM.

Not Banned

especially funny

when questioned why a hatemonger like Robertson's 700 club was on the FEMA help list
    the White House Response was "we're not turning down help from anybody"

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by Live Steam
    This is some funny thread. Cuba and Sweden were coming to our rescue? LOL!!!
    any port in a storm Steam. Why not let them help?--at least Sweden. I can kinda see the problem with Cuba politically, but to me it shows a lot of class for them to offer given our shabby treatment of them historically.

banned
    LOL!!! This is really some funny stuff. Man you people are something else!

Not Banned

Lol

yeah really funny, people dying and our country turning down help ha ha ha ha

seek help, you are starting to show the antisocial, sociopathic behavior of our leadership.

Not Banned

I can hear him already

the Russian Counterpart to Snake

"Dah funny, take help from Britain, Sweden and America for our trapped sailors aboard the Kursk, NYET!"

Jul 2005
    Rummy was at a Padre's game on Monday night. I don't think his buddy was able to make it though.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jun 2004

Yeah but...

Quote Originally Posted by whit417
    Rummy was at a Padre's game on Monday night. I don't think his buddy was able to make it though.
    Yeah but Matt Drudge reported that the President of CNN was on vacation and didn't come back because of the hurricane. Now THAT'S SOMETHING!!!

RoadBikeReview Member

Perhaps I misjudged you. this post demonstrates some inner quality and mental agility I may have missed. It was well stated and right on. ;)

Not Banned

difference being

CNN ran just fine without him.
    he must have competent help

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakebit
    Perhaps I misjudged you. this post demonstrates some inner quality and mental agility I may have missed. It was well stated and right on. ;)
    In other words...you agree with Snake and everyone knows Snake has all the right answers. If you disagree with him you are a libby moron.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast